Home

Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio

Posted By: DillyDolly

Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 12:58 AM

Anyone have or know of a Mafia time-line or bio on Bonanno member Louis Attanasio, otherwise known as Louie Ha Ha? The Wikipedia version sucks bad.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 02:00 AM

Follow this link to Anthonyt DeStefano's excellent bio of Massino::

https://kingauthor.net/books/Anthon...thers%20-%20Anthony%20M.%20DeStefano.pdf

Once you open it, use the "find" button on the upper righthand side of the browser (click on the three vertical dots) to enter Attanasio. You'll find 26 references to him.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 02:23 AM

Dilly, I knew Louie and his partner Elmo personally from many years back when we were kids. They were born, raised, and operated in a section of Brooklyn known as Fort Greene, or Downtown Brooklyn. Its was a fucking hellhole of Kings County. All Blacks. Next door to Bed-Sty. But they were the few remnants of Italians still living in the area from decades back. Remember, thats where AL Capone was born. Much of my blood family came from that neighborhood also.

Louis Attansio (I never did know his real name) we called him "Louie HaHa," and his boyhood partner Vincent Amarante, aka "Elmo, were two of the tougher kids in the neighborhood at that time. Elmo owned the Capri Lounge along Myrtle Avenue that we sometimes would drink at. A few doors down they ran the Sons of Italy Social Club off the corner. They also operated an after-hours club called the Horses Head, a third floor step up joint we used to go get tanked up at on occasion. We would also frequent the "Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria Italian Restaurant" on Myrtle Ave. One of the last vestiges of Italian life in a neighborhood that was overrun by the blacks. Dangerous, Dangerous, area! Yet we walked around at 2, 3, 4, 5am and not one hair on our heads was ever touched. The blacks used to shit their pants whenever they saw us. They knew they'd get clipped in three seconds flat if they pulled any shit. They painted all the street light poles "red, white, and green" in the colors of the Italian flag. For 2-3 blocks. Blacks walked across the street instead of walking down the sidewalk in front of us when passing there.

They later clipped a black guy back in the early 70s after the guy had the temerity to hit the number. They thought it was cheaper to put two in his head as opposed to pay off that kind of money to some broken down jerkoff. His body was found in the gutter the very next day along Myrtle Avenue. but nobody was gettin passed that kind of money. He was a street hustler anyway.

Both Louie and Elmo were brought around and groomed under Vincent (Lefty) Cassese, a old-time Bonanno soldier and personal friend of my uncle who Lefty grew up with. (my uncle stood up and and did life bids for a double murder back in the 1930s that several wiseguys werealsom involved with, my uncle took the weight and did 20+ years). THATS a standup guy. Thats how and why they both ended up around the Bonanno crew.

Most people don't know this but Elmo's father had been a wiseguy himself. The area Louie came from was one of the rougher sections of Kings County. Elmo and Lois ended up taking over the numbers from Lefty. and pretty much everything else when Lefty got old. hid crew expanded in bsbania,

gambling, shylock, shakedowns, robberies, etc. Thats how they earned.

There ya go Dilly. THATS the true history of Louie HaHa

Re: Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 02:39 AM

In later years I heard that Elmo got as shot out in Vegas through an old NY friend. He went out there for several years where they ran strip clubs and whorehouses from what I understand.

But eventually he came back to NYC
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 12:21 PM

Thanks guys

Re: Bonanno Captain Louis Attanasio - 11/24/21 12:50 PM

Louie had a brother named Bobby, aka Bobby HaHa or Big Bobby that I'd never met at the time. But years later became aligned with Louie too
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET