Home

The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube

Posted By: matteodenaro

The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/08/21 10:56 PM

I feel like Im on a frickin tilt-a-whirl with this stuff. My take on the various characters is this:

Michael Franzese - Legit. How can you argue against it? He's the son of Sonny Franzese and well documented as a top earner for the Colombos. I do think he stretches stories a little bit and I also have a feeling he never clipped anyone. He gets too defensive about guys talking about killing people and he for sure comes off as a white collar criminal. But who knows. However, Mikey is legit as fk. No denying.

Sammy the Bull - Obviously legit. Sammy is well documented and doesn't even need me to argue his case. I believe Sammy's stories almost 100%, but I also think he twists a few things intentionally and unintentionally. Example: I'm not convinced that Gotti was "setting" him and Loc up to take the fall so he can walk. Maybe? Who knows. It very well could be, but it's his word against John's, and John is dead. However, when Sammy tells a story, I believe him.

Coffee with Cullotta (Defunct-Deceased) - Legit. I believe most of his stories but I also think he talks about some subjects that he probably didn't have first hand knowledge of and acts like he did. Not gonna get into it, but hierarchy and leadership structure within the outfit as an example. But Frank was for sure who he said he was.

John Alite - I dunno. I mean, I think he's legit to a certain extent. He definitely knew the Gottis very well, friends with Junior, has been to the Ravenite and is seen in multiple photos around Gambino guys. But I really think he hypes his status up too much and feels the need to always taslk about how he killed guys and other guys really didn't. Seems desperate. Also his comment about Franzese and Gravano not knowing anything about the Mafia? LMFAO. Yeah, ok Mr. Albanian associate. I think he's half full of shit.

Jimmy Calandra- Legit. Well documented. He doesn't front like he was some big wig with the Bonnanos. He's telling the truth. Member of the Bath Ave crew, grew up around wiseguys, yada yada yada, Jimmy isn't lying IMO. He's probably the most entertaining of them all because he gives you a perspective of young street life for a kid from Brooklyn in the 90's and his stories are very believable. I also believe him when he gets emotional about the innocent woman murder committed by Tommy Reynolds. I like Calandra, or should I say "My good friend, Jimmy Calamandra." LOL

Fat Bald Sicilian - Who is this guy? I really have nothing against him, and he seems like a cool dude. He's not claiming to be a wiseguy and it seems that he's just interested in LCN and decided to make a little cash on the subject. But who the hell is he? His Grandpa was friends with a Genovese capo apparently and he grew up in Brooklyn? So what. I'm from Chicago, and if I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say their Grandpa knew Al Capone or Tony Accardo, Id be a fuckin millionaire. I dunno. The "Omerta" tattoo on the arm is cheesy as fk and screams wiseguy wannabe, but I don't know the guy and I actually find him likeable. I also enjoyed him calling out that Raimondi dude.

Larry Mazza - Not sure. I believe him regarding his Scarpa ties. Im sure it's been documented and can be verified. But he seems like someone just jumping on the mob social media craze and wants to make a buck. I can't blame him. I do believe some of his stories. Colombo associate? I'd bet money on it. Made guy? ehhhh, not so sure bout that.

DJVlad - He just loves stirring the pot. I find him entertaining and I watch alot of his interviews. Im impressed with the people he gets to sit with him. He's alright. But the "OK" "OK" "OK" "OK" after every question is annoying as shit.

Patrick Bet David - See above. Very similar to Vald but has even more high profile guests and hard to book interviews. I enjoy him, but he loves to poke the bear and get the drama going amongst these guys.

So that's about the extent of my knowledge of "mob" podcasters. If anyone would like to correct me or has a different view on some of these characters, I'd love to hear it. I digress.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/08/21 11:29 PM

First let me say that I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT believe that Gotti was going to set Gravano up to take the fall. Here was a guy who absolutely refused to WILLINGLY assist the government in any way, and wouldn't even allow his men to plead guilty in exchange for shorter sentences. Gotti could've cooperated so he could do easier time, but he was a rebel to the end. Gravano keeps spouting this nonsense to make himself feel better about ratting and to justify himself to his audience, it's all bullshit. What is true is that if not for Gotti they wouldn't have been in a courtroom to begin with. And I'm not even a Gotti fan, but Gotti ratting? No fucking way.
Posted By: azguy

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 12:25 AM

All I can say is so much for omerta and John Pennisi is my favorite
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 12:37 AM

Gotti's fate was sealed from the get-go. The Feds had an iron clad case with or without Gravano's testimony, and pulled out every weapon they had,to avenge the severe bruising that the egos of Law Enforcement suffered at Gotti's hands in previous encounters.. Sammy was street smart enough to know this,and to also know that he would go down with Gotti in this case. His motivation was survival, pure and simple. Better to cut a deal and basically walk,than to catch a Life sentence. His testimony was a nail in Gotti's coffin.but only one of several. All the B.S about Gotti wanting to set Sammy up to take the fall is just that..B.S. Gravano is an opportunistic thug . The guy gets 5 yrs and keeps a lot of his money,yet uses that break to get involved in crime again. This time he goes from a piece of sh*t legbreaker to a piece of sh*t drug dealer,all because he flipped on a piece of sh*t gangster.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 12:50 AM

Omerta was never strictly adhered to, it's just all out in the open now. You've always had your stand-up guys and your sissies.
Posted By: jace

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 12:55 AM

If you mean close to the maifa or in it, only Franzese and Gravano qualify. Alite was only around a short while, ad was more a friend of Juniors who was brung around by him till he was chased off. He did a lot on his own time away from the mafia. Calandra is full of it.
Posted By: CNote

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 01:10 AM

There are some out there about the Mafia rather than people who were in the Mafia, that are informative like Darkness Underneath Podcast, NYC Crime Spot and OC Shortz
Posted By: bronx

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 01:26 AM

Agree Lou

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 01:43 AM

I also like Black Handprint Mafia, pretty cool dude

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by CNote
There are some out there about the Mafia rather than people who were in the Mafia, that are informative like Darkness Underneath Podcast, NYC Crime Spot and OC Shortz

The asshole doing that one is too preachy, and is on a morality crusade. Too much BS from him. He is also obsessed with DeMeo, I mean out of about a dozed videos he has up, 80% are about DeMeo or his men.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by CNote

The asshole doing that one is too preachy, and is on a morality crusade. Too much BS from him. He is also obsessed with DeMeo, I mean out of about a dozed videos he has up, 80% are about DeMeo or his men.

Thanks for your honest opinion and I'll pass it on to Quentin, he is the best documentarian on the Gemini Crew out there and there should have been a movie about these guys a long time ago.
Posted By: British

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 07:51 AM

OC Shortz is good
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by British
OC Shortz is good

Agree. He gives as much information as he can. I like him cause when there are informants who are made and in leadership positions, they contradict what another says, but OC Shortz looks at the number of made informants who furnish the information and when one group says this but another group says that, he adds both stories. Not just from informants but also from law enforcement as well.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/09/21 08:54 PM

OC Shortz is good. It seems like he puts research into his work. I think Pennisi is the worst he's a bore and comes off as a sensitive freak. He supposedly had a falling out with his co-host over something silly.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by GerryLang
OC Shortz is good. It seems like he puts research into his work. I think Pennisi is the worst he's a bore and comes off as a sensitive freak. He supposedly had a falling out with his co-host over something silly.

Something to do with potato chips or something. Tom bought lays and John wanted ruffles or vica versa. I can see how that would cause an issue.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 08:24 AM

I question if the Luccheses were even going to kill Pennisi or not. The mob extremely rarely kills anymore. Either he completely made it up to justify ratting or he was just paranoid.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
I question if the Luccheses were even going to kill Pennisi or not. The mob extremely rarely kills anymore. Either he completely made it up to justify ratting or he was just paranoid.

The mafia doesn't kill anymore. Pennisi's a paranoid looneytoon.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 04:09 PM

Pennisi just wanted to rat, he was possibly scared of eventually going to prison on something, or he was crazy.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 05:10 PM

Pennisi just wanted to rat, he was possibly scared of eventually going to prison on something, or he was crazy.

Something tells me John Pennisi cooperating had a lot to do with all the turmoil surrounding that married girl he was dating. I think they broke up and then his capo’s brother started dating her. Shit went down hill from there.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox

Something tells me John Pennisi cooperating had a lot to do with all the turmoil surrounding that married girl he was dating. I think they broke up and then his capo’s brother started dating her. Shit went down hill from there.

Yes, Pennisi was lovesick over a girl. He thought Boobsie Castelle or his brother was screwing his ex girlfriend. He got one of the Perna sons jammed up because Perna's wife was friends with his ex. Don't forget Pennisi killed a guy over a girl, and knocked the girlfriend's teeth out.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 06:48 PM

Penissi is a woman beating piece of shit like a lot of them but you guys can’t tell me that if Mike Desantis or George Conte or Patty Dellarusso said they were gonna kill you or might be plotting to you wouldn’t take it serious....in that life only the paranoid last...I don’t give a shit if it’s 2021 if your not paranoid today then tomorrow your dead....and the mob and especially associates are involved in violence and shooting as a regular course of business...
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Penissi is a woman beating piece of shit like a lot of them but you guys can’t tell me that if Mike Desantis or George Conte or Patty Dellarusso said they were gonna kill you or might be plotting to you wouldn’t take it serious....in that life only the paranoid last...I don’t give a shit if it’s 2021 if your not paranoid today then tomorrow your dead....and the mob and especially associates are involved in violence and shooting as a regular course of business...

Correct. I find it absolutely hilarious that there's people out there who believe the mafia isn't dangerous anymore. If they knew what Pennisi was about to do, he would have been killed. There is no doubt in my mind.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:05 PM

The mob isn't dangerous anymore, they don't kill anymore. If John Alite can stand on Mulberry Street in the heart of Little Italy and laugh in the Mafia's face, then John Pennisi is safe too. And stop taking up for these rats, too many preachy pro-government rat-lovers on these forums.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:06 PM

Well, what can we say, Pennisi really loves his women. Still a rat piece of shit though.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:17 PM

Yes, Pennisi was lovesick over a girl. He thought Boobsie Castelle or his brother was screwing his ex girlfriend. He got one of the Perna sons jammed up because Perna's wife was friends with his ex. Don't forget Pennisi killed a guy over a girl, and knocked the girlfriend's teeth out.

How did Perna’s son get jammed up over his wife being friends with Pennisi’s ex ?

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:24 PM

How did Perna’s son get jammed up over his wife being friends with Pennisi’s ex ?

Pennisi has lied about pretty much everything. I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again: Every single rat tells more lies than truths. They're all woman beaters, pedophiles and junkies

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:26 PM

He ratted on the son being involved in the beating of one of the real housewives of Jersey's ex husband. In return Perna got his wedding for free at their restaurant in Jersey. He thinks Perna's wife played a part in causing problems between him and his ex. The ex and Perna's wife were good friends. He seems to have a hot nut for Perna and Castelle, and it had nothing to do with mafia business.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi

If they told him they were going to kill him their really stupid and probably have been indicted by now. Pennisi is obviously crazy and paranoid. This is the guy who said his house was shaking for hours to the point glasses and plates were rattling, and he took it as a sign his deceased grandparents wanted him to cooperate. He also claims numerous black guys were laying on him in downtown Manhattan to kill him. He even claims they were members of the Bloods street gang. How he figures that I don't know, I doubt they'd be repping their colors on a hit. In reality they were probably regular black guys he happened to pass on the streets, but in his crazy and paranoid mind they were out to kill him. The nutjob even said he would walk by his window carrying his daughter to dissuade his killers.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 11:16 PM

To be honest, I dont know why the hell joe perna told pennisi about what his brother did to the new husband of the housewife. That was stupid.. why would he tell anyone that !!!
John Perna only got 2 1/2 years for that assault which is rather strange. Thats a very light sentence.
Anyone know who was with John Perna during the assault ?

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 11:18 PM

2 1/2 years for assault is not a light sentence, you think someone deserves a double-digit sentence just for beating someone up?

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/10/21 11:35 PM

Simple assault is a misdemeanor punishable by 6 months or $1o00 depending on where you live and in many instances does not require contact, which is battery, only a threat and an overt act putting a reasonable fear of imminent danger in the victim are required.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/11/21 01:40 AM

2 1/2 years for assault is not a light sentence, you think someone deserves a double-digit sentence just for beating someone up?

He beat a guy in the head with a black jack. That is not simple assault. He also had a rap sheet and already did prison time. Those are all aggrevating factors that work against him at sentencing. So yes, 2 1/2 years is a light sentence especially when he admitted to being a member of organized crime.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/11/21 01:45 AM

Oh well, he shouldn't have been doing whatever he was doing, and maybe he wouldn't have got his head smashed in with a blackjack.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/11/21 03:00 AM

Oh well, he shouldn't have been doing whatever he was doing, and maybe he wouldn't have got his head smashed in with a blackjack.

Thats a silly statement. Im going by what the law is. He admitted to the judge that he wanted to cause permanent harm. 2 1/2 years is very rare for that kind of crime in the federal system,
Posted By: azguy

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/13/21 03:59 PM

I'm surprised this group feels that way about Pennesi, he's a good story teller and yes he cooperated but they were putting a rat/wire wearing label on him just becuase someone wanted him out of the picture to get with his old lady.

So much for the brotherhood of mob life.

Quite frankly, I think he's an amazing story teller as it's recent and not Sammy's 35 years ago BS and John is very good at details

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/13/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by azguy
I'm surprised this group feels that way about Pennesi, he's a good story teller and yes he cooperated but they were putting a rat/wire wearing label on him just becuase someone wanted him out of the picture to get with his old lady.

So much for the brotherhood of mob life.

Quite frankly, I think he's an amazing story teller as it's recent and not Sammy's 35 years ago BS and John is very good at details

He says that the reason was they were going to kill him, but no one touched him. Then he went to the police or FBI out of the blue. Either he just decided to rat, or was having paranoid delusions. Now he rats openly, and calmly, on his podcasts.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/13/21 08:20 PM

Can you imagine the shit storm or backlash it would cause if they whacked this guy after he became so public? The mob would literally have to find a guy who really doesn't care if he dies in prison or not.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 03:34 AM

The mob hardly ever murders anyone anymore (This is the family that whacked (Meldish)
A beat down is more likely today.
A civilian is a really safe bet these days.
A guy that is one of them and has served 15 Years in prison
Would be someone they would feel safe that he wouldn't go running to the feds

So they could very be dangerous to Pennesi

Also, when you start bringing gangbangers to the table
That brings a whole new dynamic the equation

Alot of these gangbangers will kill someone for a few bucks
You also have to be worried about one of them just making a mistake and killing you by accident. ("SHIT THE GUN WENT OFF BY ACCIDENT")

To me he seemed like a woman scorned

He felt betrayed as to what happened and just wanted to get even any way he could.

He couldn't handle the fact the other people were calling him a rat behind his back.

He couldn't come back from that.

His EGO, got WHACKED.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 06:42 AM

I will say, if they were treating him like shit, they got what they deserved. Crime families should be careful how they treat their members, at least have some type of honor.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 11:43 AM

I will say, if they were treating him like shit, they got what they deserved. Crime families should be careful how they treat their members, at least have some type of honor.

Are you saying Pennisi was right for ratting if they treated him badly?

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 01:00 PM

No, but it is karma.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 01:47 PM

Ralphie Pinocchio, I'm saying that if they want to really stem the tide of turncoats they need to respect and look out for each other, a lot of this shit could be avoided.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 02:54 PM

Why do you think they had a rule against fooling around with the women of fellow made men? So shit like this wouldn't happen.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 03:00 PM

Can you imagine the shit storm or backlash it would cause if they whacked this guy after he became so public? The mob would literally have to find a guy who really doesn't care if he dies in prison or not.

It's not entirely unlikely. These days more than a few mobsters definitely have relatively close connections to for instance street gang members and bikers, as well as other ethnic mobs. If they wanted they could very easily find some Albanian or Russian hitman or some African American, Dominican or Puerto Rican gangbanger who'd do a hit for a quick buck. The thing is, wiseguys do not yet have enough trust in the competence of non-wiseguys to pull off a hit like that. Logically, when you see that Sally Daz' son outsourced the hit on his father to a few Bloods members and look at the mess they made of that one.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 03:14 PM

The Zottola murder was NOT a mob hit, it was just the case of a greedy son wanting all that his father had. I don't know how he sleeps at night. Neither father or son were made men, but even if they were, it's still not a mob hit. But I see your point.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 04:21 PM

The Zottola murder was NOT a mob hit, it was just the case of a greedy son wanting all that his father had. I don't know how he sleeps at night. Neither father or son were made men, but even if they were, it's still not a mob hit. But I see your point.

Neither were made, but they had been close to the mob life for years and years. Point is, even if situations like these that concern associates turn into such a sloppy mess no made guy is gonna take the risk, let alone in a situation that concerns other made men.

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/15/21 04:24 PM

Okay, but the Zottola thing was the furthest thing from a mob hit, there's actually a term for it, called patricide. It's where a son kills his father. This was disgusting all the way around. He wanted his father's fortune so bad he was willing to pay 200k, geez with that kinda money you can just make your own fortune.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/16/21 01:31 PM

A bunch of Genovese guys sure regret contracting Crips to take out a guy.
The hitmen failed twice and on the third try they were arrested…and promptly flipped.

The whole thing was handled awfully by the Westside:
https://www.cosanostranews.com/2018/08/genovese-mobster-fat-sal-sentenced-to.html?m=1

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/16/21 01:33 PM

Yeah it's all over because everyone flips, the government doesn't even have to work hard to put crews away anymore. When's the last difficult mob trial you seen where the government really had to try hard? Exactly.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: The wacky world of mafia podcasts and youtube - 11/16/21 01:56 PM

The thing with rats is that more often than not we only hear their side of the story.

So they can pretend they were these super tough gangsters betrayed by “rivals” or whatever.

In reality, the overwhelming majority of rats are guys that were just not canny enough, broke, fell down the ranks due to reckless behavior, did what they weren’t supposed to, etc…or realized they weren’t half as tough as they thought they were. So when things got “hot”, instead of dealing with it, fighting back, or pack their stuff and go solo without joining the other team…they promptly jump ship and beg mommy Govt. to relocate them to a safe space from where they can badmouth online those they didn’t have the balls to confront in real life.

They’re gonna play the “Imma changed man” card around civilians, saying they found Jesus or that their dead mom told them to flip in a dream or something. 98% is just bull. They wanted an easy way out.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET