Home

Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum?

Posted By: DillyDolly

Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 12:55 AM

Bonanno captain Vincent Asaro is a true brokester, a degenerate gambler who apparently was knocked down to soldier status. This guy could have it so made in the shade right now, because he went through a ton of money yet he blew it all. I'm a firm believer that it's a mobster's job to make suckers out of civilians, not be one themselves. To me a mobster gambling his money away is the same as a drug dealer getting high off of his own supply. He makes the Bonannos look bad, the damn loser. At least he's been a stand-up guy, that's about the only thing I can say about him.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 01:14 AM

Until 2014 he was on the panel running the family. He was broken down to solider by Massino in 98 for abusing and robbing his men.But by the late 2000s he was back in the game
Mike Padavona gave him 50k for his button and he blew it in a matter of days
At one point he was very wealthy as a soldier....Had a fence company,a big Shylock business and made 800k off Lufthansa and hundreds of thousands more from shaking down Mike Zaffaranos son(who was his nephew)

So many guys were gambling addicts and he was a drug addict too. Snorting cocaine and drinking a ton...
Posted By: jace

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Until 2014 he was on the panel running the family. He was broken down to solider by Massino in 98 for abusing and robbing his men.But by the late 2000s he was back in the game
At one point he was very wealthy as a soldier....Had a fence company,a big Shylock business and made 800k off Lufthansa and hundreds of thousands more from shaking down Mike Zaffaranos son(who was his nephew)

So many guys were gambling addicts and he was a drug addict too. Snorting cocaine and drinking a ton...

Do you have a source for Asaro using cocaine? Hopefully I can ask without you going into a rage because you have no source.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 07:02 AM

Wait, they're still selling buttons? Isn't that what got Gambino underboss Francesco Scalice killed in 1957?

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 07:10 AM

This is the problem with the mob, they're shaking down each other including their own relatives. I think there should be a rule against loansharking money out to fellow made men as well, and weed out the degenerate gamblers. A lot of those guys just eat everything in their path including each other.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Wait, they're still selling buttons? Isn't that what got Gambino underboss Francesco Scalice killed in 1957?

The mother of Joey D'Amico paid for induct his son,so yes there are still mobsters that accept money for sponsor an associate for be made.Not as blatantly as before but still now comes out the case of someone who paid for his button.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 10:45 AM

Yes I heard about Joseph D'Amico buying his way in. Patriarca underboss Gennaro Angiulo as well. I want to say that these types are more likely to become rats, but we have mixed results. D'Amico became a rat, while Angiulo didn't.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 12:00 PM

Yes I heard about Joseph D'Amico buying his way in. Patriarca underboss Gennaro Angiulo as well. I want to say that these types are more likely to become rats, but we have mixed results. D'Amico became a rat, while Angiulo didn't.

Angiulo was heavily extorted by made men in Boston so promised to Patriarca sr a Tribune of 10k a month for be inducted and after Patriarca sr understood that Jerry was a good earner put him in charge of the family rackets in Boston.
This happened because Jerry never killed for the family (and Patriarca sr followed the rules: for be made you must be italian on both sides and kill for the family) but in this case made an exception.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 12:01 PM

Bonanno captain Vincent Asaro is a true brokester, a degenerate gambler who apparently was knocked down to soldier status. This guy could have it so made in the shade right now, because he went through a ton of money yet he blew it all. I'm a firm believer that it's a mobster's job to make suckers out of civilians, not be one themselves. To me a mobster gambling his money away is the same as a drug dealer getting high off of his own supply. He makes the Bonannos look bad, the damn loser. At least he's been a stand-up guy, that's about the only thing I can say about him.

Mob guys didn't invest their money. It went out on broads, clothes, dinners, cars, jewelry, vacations as fast as it was coming in in hijackings, bookmaking, loansharking, unions etc.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 12:12 PM

That's one of the pitfalls of fast, easy money, it also goes fast, unless you're smart.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 12:16 PM

For all we know Asaro might not even be as broke as he appears or makes himself out to be. It could be a ruse for the courthouse and fellow wiseguys he owes money to. I know wiseguys are notorious for pretending, everything from crying poverty to exaggerating their health problems to avoid trial.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 01:16 PM

For all we know Asaro might not even be as broke as he appears or makes himself out to be. It could be a ruse for the courthouse and fellow wiseguys he owes money to. I know wiseguys are notorious for pretending, everything from crying poverty to exaggerating their health problems to avoid trial.

100%.. agree.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by jace

Do you have a source for Asaro using cocaine? Hopefully I can ask without you going into a rage because you have no source.

The prosecutors say they have "many witnesses" prepared to testify how Asaro "evolved from a teenage heroin addict into a mastermind of the Lufthansa Heist." The witnesses would describe a "powerful but broke mafia leader," one who substituted one addiction for another by blowing all the money he made during his life of crime by "gambling, both illegal and legal, to an extreme degree."

He is not the first mobster to become addicted to heroin, but Asaro, who was on a three-member Bonanno family ruling panel in 2012, is the first known ex-junkie to serve as an Administration member of one of the notorious Five Families.

"The defendant's story is one of redemption and loss," prosecutors Nicole Argentieri, Alicyn Cooley and Lindsay Gerdes wrote. "Witnesses are expected to testify regarding the defendant's drug addiction and how he apparently beat it 'cold turkey' so that he could join the Asaros' ranks of mafia soldiers. In addition, (they) are expected to testify that (Asaro) at one point was demoted from the rank of captain due to, among other things, his repeated appropriation of money from the individuals assigned to him in order to feed his gambling addiction."

In the 1960s, after he kicked his heroin habit, Asaro "earned respect from the mafia for being an earner," by taking part in "robberies, the sale of stolen goods and loansharking," prosecutors wrote. In that decade, his father Jerome schooled him, and introduced him to James (Jimmy the Gent) Burke, the murderous Luchese gangster who is the recognized mastermind of the heist, they wrote.

Anthony RuggianoIn a voluminous 72-page filing, the prosecutors write that testimony by six cooperating witnesses will directly link Asaro's heroin addiction and his obsessive gambling losses to his guilt of many charged crimes in the indictment, particularly the Lufthansa robbery.

"Many cooperating witnesses and civilian witnesses with personal knowledge of the defendant are expected to testify that the defendant struggled with heroin addiction as a teenager and into his twenties," wrote prosecutors Argentieri, Cooley and Gerdes.

Among those prepared to testify about the Bonanno veteran are Asaro's cousin Gaspar (Gary) Valenti, 68, who says he took part in the Lufthansa heist with Burke, as well as a second witness, former Gambino associate Anthony Ruggiano Jr., 61, who would detail Asaro's heroin use — as well as his compulsive gambling, the prosecutors wrote.

Ruggiano "is expected to testify that the defendant used heroin with an individual from the neighborhood," and Valenti "is expected to testify that (Asaro) directed him to store proceeds from the Lufthansa Heist with the brother of that individual, who (Valenti) knew used heroin with the defendant when they were teenagers," the prosecutors wrote.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/04/21 09:28 PM

But that article is talking about his drug addiction before he joined the Bonannos, I'm talking about his mob career.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 01:10 AM

But that article is talking about his drug addiction before he joined the Bonannos, I'm talking about his mob career.

Asaro was running with the mob many years before he got inducted...he was born into it..He’s 3rd generation....

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 06:20 AM

I understand that he grew up around the life and that his father was a made man, but the mob wouldn't accept him until he kicked his heroin habit, according to the article. So to me he wasn't a wiseguy until then. What we do know, is that he's always been a degenerate gambler, which is just as bad. The mob shouldn't make guys like that, just use them as associates for menial tasks. Gambling addiction comes with all sorts of other problems.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 10:46 AM

Reading these last comments are like watching two retards going at it on the Short Bus. Get to your points already. Vinny Asaro the Only mob guy that used drugs?

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 11:50 AM

Thanks for the insults, that really answered the question.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Reading these last comments are like watching two retards going at it on the Short Bus. Get to your points already. Vinny Asaro the Only mob guy that used drugs?

Hahah this is why every legitimate poster has left this place. I just love how this lowlife maggot Dilly is calling Vinny Asaro a bum when this kid has admitted to running out of restaurants without paying and thinks it's a cool thing to do lol

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 02:24 PM

Get off your soap box Ralphie Pinocchio, since you grew up in a $20 million mansion (yeah right) it shouldn't matter to you what I do.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Hahah this is why every legitimate poster has left this place. I just love how this lowlife maggot Dilly is calling Vinny Asaro a bum when this kid has admitted to running out of restaurants without paying and thinks it's a cool thing to do lol

A Twat burger in a $20 million dollar house is still a twat burger

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 06:15 PM

Who the fuck do you think you are...you think your the only one that’s been researching the mob since the sopranos era.......you think your the only one that knows inside tidbits from people that we’re distant relatives or family friends.... your an arrogant dick sucker...you think your great...if you mean great at sucking dick...I even doubt that....get off the board and go electrocute yourself trying to wire my vacation home....Mississippi back water retread retard...

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/05/21 06:17 PM

Get off your soap box Ralphie Pinocchio, since you grew up in a $20 million mansion (yeah right) it shouldn't matter to you what I do.

He’s got a point....Vinny tipped waiters and waitresses..you rob the working class...your a lowlife....they should put you where shit and piss flows....
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 01:03 AM

Asaro is an interesting character. He may have gambled a lot of money away, but he still made the family more money than most and is as tough as they come. Despite his shortcomings, I'd never refer to him as a bum. The hoodlums absolutely loved that guy. Another guy who is very respected is his son Jerry. I'd even go as far as to say that Jerry is a boss in waiting.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 01:27 AM

Vinny Asaro was put up for boss of the Bonanno crime family in late 2011 due to pressure from the family's Sicilian faction in the wake of the hit on Sal Montagna up in Montreal. Apparently he had the support of three crime families at the time: the Lucchese, Gambino and Genovese families.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 01:27 AM

Actually Giacalone, I have a great deal of respect for Asaro, that's why it aggravates me to see him in that shape because he's otherwise a great character.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Vinny Asaro was put up for boss of the Bonanno crime family in late 2011 due to pressure from the family's Sicilian faction in the wake of a mob hit up in Montreal. Apparently he had the support of three crime families at the time: the Luchese, Gambino and Genovese families.

That's exactly right. A lot of people wanted him to take over. I believe at the time it was between him and Fat Tony Rabito, but neither of them got it. Michael got the official spot and Tommy D got the acting boss spot

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 02:03 AM

That's why I'm having a hard time believing that he's as broke as he appears. That many people wouldn't be in such support of a crumb bum with not even a $20 bill to spare taking over a major NYC crime family, regardless of how desperate they are. I'm calling Asaro's act bullshit, much like Vincent Gigante and his crazy act.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 02:19 AM

Hollander you're underrated

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 02:43 AM

"Vinny Asaro was put up for boss of the Bonanno crime family in late 2011 due to pressure from the family's Sicilian faction in the wake of the hit on Sal Montagna up in Montreal. Apparently he had the support of three crime families at the time: the Lucchese, Gambino and Genovese families."

I'm going to try to connect some dots here. At a 2012 wake involving the Lucchese Family, a Lucchese member told Bonanno soldier John Spirito Jr. that they would no longer recognize Michael Mancuso as boss of the Bonannos due to him being in the can. Since the Luccheses are one of 3 Families who supported Vincent Asaro as boss, I'm thinking they didn’t like the position going to someone else. It's just a theory but a plausible one.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/06/21 03:59 AM

He spent the money as fast as he got it because he’s an addict...

When your an addict you can’t save money bro
Posted By: thekidfromthesouth

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/07/21 10:40 PM

yes he was heroin addict in hte 60s and he love peruvian cocaine ,,,,it was admissable on the trial back in 2014,,,,,, and not too metion racist as hell,,,,,i dont why the italina from new york are more racist ever,,, unlike the guys from philly wicj¡h i had encounters in fed prison were more nice and always respectfull,, i guess beacuse latins run all the prsion and thy came last,,, philly wisea are cool

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/07/21 11:33 PM

I would think that drug addiction would result in automatic dismissal from the Family, if not outright whacked. That should be a HUGE no-no.
Posted By: thekidfromthesouth

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/08/21 12:59 AM

I would think that drug addiction would result in automatic dismissal from the Family, if not outright whacked. That should be a HUGE no-no.

the captain of Bonnano Graziano was a cokehead just died a year ago

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/08/21 12:22 PM

If you notice some of the biggest stand-up guys were also some of the biggest gambling and drug addicts: Lefty Ruggiero, Jackie D'Amico, Roach Rampino, TG Graziano, Vinny Asaro, etc. That's why to me it's such a shame.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/08/21 12:54 PM

He’s got a point....Vinny tipped waiters and waitresses..you rob the working class...your a lowlife....they should put you where shit and piss flows....

Hahah this Dilly loser actually said he worked harder than waiters and waitresses, and then he deleted the comment after realizing he'd be able to pay if he actually worked that hard lol. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is being supported by his parents. He's here all day like a bum

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/08/21 01:11 PM

Oh yeah, then explain why sometimes I'm not able to respond until late in the evening, dummy.

Re: Why Is Vinnie Asaro Such A Bum? - 11/08/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Hahah this Dilly loser actually said he worked harder than waiters and waitresses, and then he deleted the comment after realizing he'd be able to pay if he actually worked that hard lol. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is being supported by his parents. He's here all day like a bum

The only thing he works hard at is screaming “ma get me a fucking sandwich”. Some people have a wife, this fucking kid had his mother...he’s 30+ with absolutely no progress, dilly might as well log off and dolly himself to death...do his poor mother a favor
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET