Home

Are Guys Still Getting Made?

Posted By: DillyDolly

Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 10:21 AM

Much has been made here about Italian-Americans not wanting to join the mob these days, which to an extent may be true, but to what extent? Are the 5 Families of NYC as well as cities like Philadelphia, Boston, and Chicago still initiating goodfellas into their ranks? Could a ceremony be held at this given moment, as I'm typing this? Furthermore, what is the Mafia without the making ceremony? To me it has always been one of the most alluring things about the mob. Take it away and what do you have? It's like jelly with no toast. Take it away and what reason do new members have to take their chosen life seriously? Not that many take it seriously anyway like we've seen time and time again lol.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 10:58 AM

Not sure if you are being serious, but yes guys are still getting made. Of course. If you go to Staten Island, you'll find so many wannabes you'll throw up. They'll never run out of morons

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 11:00 AM

I'm half joking half serious. Lots of those morons are also never made, it goes both ways.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 11:03 AM

If you can earn, you'll get made. That's all they care about these days.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 03:46 PM

Federal hill is chock full of guys who all talk like they're " in ". But when push comes to shove they'd all shit their pants in the life
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 03:54 PM

The 5 families have the most large recruitment pool so it can made dozen of guys for family,the Colombos that was almost be desbanded after the 1990s war after in 2000 get the permission to made new blood had rebuilted the ranks.
Out NY is more difficult so in Philly or Boston was made few guys.As well said Ralphie today they want moneymaker not killers and in some cases more guys prefer to don't be made because be a soldier is like draw a target on his back because the wiseguys risk more harsh sentences due the fact they are only made.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 04:48 PM

Yes being made puts a target on your back, so that's why you keep it as secret as possible. And the Mafia needs killers too, that's just the reality, but they need guys like Anthony Nicodemo (bless his soul) and Tommy Pitera, guys who will do the time if push comes to shove, without ratting. That's just the reality. I notice many people have this unicorns and rainbows fantasy where a criminal organization can operate with absolutely zero violence, sorry it's not all peaches and sunshine in that life every now and then they're going to have to get down and dirty, but not like Casso and Scarfo that's just ridiculous how they did it. That is NOT what I'm talking about here.
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 09:00 PM

One of the associates in this new Colombo case was scheduled to get made before he got arrested

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 09:36 PM

Oh well, he can get made in jail with a piece of burning toilet paper.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 09:41 PM

The Bonanno family had a Nov. 15, 2015 ceremony in Canada. wink

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Oh well, he can get made in jail with a piece of burning toilet paper.

Fat Larry Spada was also made in jail and a guard took a bribe
for erase the surveillance video.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 09:49 PM

Yes being made puts a target on your back, so that's why you keep it as secret as possible. And the Mafia needs killers too, that's just the reality, but they need guys like Anthony Nicodemo (bless his soul) and Tommy Pitera, guys who will do the time if push comes to shove, without ratting. That's just the reality. I notice many people have this unicorns and rainbows fantasy where a criminal organization can operate with absolutely zero violence, sorry it's not all peaches and sunshine in that life every now and then they're going to have to get down and dirty, but not like Casso and Scarfo that's just ridiculous how they did it. That is NOT what I'm talking about here.

Bless his soul? Why? Nicodemo is dead?
Anyway the mobsters still use violence and sometimes whack a guy but they are focused on the mobey,this is the reason why prefer the white collar mobsters instead the trigger happy street thug,and for the know murders for sure there are many others that are unknown because they get rid of the bodies.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 10:07 PM

Oh sorry I guess it's a poor choice of words, he's not dead I mean I feel bad that he got so much time for something so stupid and sloppy.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/14/21 10:09 PM

Fat Larry Spada? I think you meant Fat Larry Sessa.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 07:11 AM

Fat Larry Spada? I think you meant Fat Larry Sessa.

Yes.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 07:13 AM

Oh sorry I guess it's a poor choice of words, he's not dead I mean I feel bad that he got so much time for something so stupid and sloppy.

He used his car for a murder and even he was only the driver thevlaw gave him 25 yrars while the LE put a bounty for infos on the shooter.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 10:20 AM

They gave him so much time because the guy was a rat, the government looks after their own.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 10:32 AM

They gave him so much time because the guy was a rat, the government looks after their own.

Yes Gino Di Pietro was a rat and the feds really helped him,maybe if they wont hel him maybe dipietro would be still alive.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Not sure if you are being serious, but yes guys are still getting made. Of course. If you go to Staten Island, you'll find so many wannabes you'll throw up. They'll never run out of morons

It must be my small town mentality, but made into what and if there is any "wannabes" are left, why?
I'm serious, I just don't see it with RICO and all.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 02:05 PM

You give RICO far too much credit as I've said many times, everyone says that it was RICO that killed the mob, when FAR too many other factors were at play. Like I've said before, and I'll keep saying it, many mob families across the country were on their way to extinction long before RICO. Guys are still getting made in the 21st century, in the few Mafia-infested cities that are left, I mean the books are open and places like NYC and Chicago never had to ask permission, and these cities still have recruiting grounds for LCN. Then consider the Cosa Nostra and Ndrangheta members from Sicily and Calabria that are popping up in NYC and Florida, you think they're worried about RICO? The show must continue to go on, RICO or no RICO. America also has many other crime groups besides LCN, yet they're thriving in the face of RICO, because like I said other factors are more to blame than RICO for the decline of LCN.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 02:59 PM

OK, it must be my small town mentality, but I did state: "Rico and all".
It would be foolish not to consider that Rico has played a large part in the demise of the Mob.
Posted By: jace

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 03:52 PM

I don't think RICO was as big in hurting the mob as a change in times. If we are talking the American Mafia, Italians born here have been accepted into society and have changed. If John Gotti was a 30 year old today he would be married to a Hispanic woman, maybe have a few tattoos, and working a blue collar job. If any old time Mafia member was born after 1970 they would not be in crime, with a few exceptions. If they were criminals, they would be partnered with or working with Black, Hispanic, and Asian friends who were 2nd and 3rd generation American, and would have grown up seeing ratting as acceptable.

If the Mafia totally disappears RICO will be kept in place, it is a prosecutor tool that puts defendants in an almost impossible position of a fair defense.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 04:24 PM

I agree Jace, I think in the future as far as traditional Italian organized crime is concerned over here we're going to see more and more players from the old country, Roberto Settineri and Gregorio Gigliotti types. Italian-Americans or what I've heard some refer to as "wonderbread wops" are too Americanized and many of them are intermarried or mixed with other ethnicities anyway. And FOH yes RICO has played a significant role, but it's not the be-all end-all so many have made it out to be.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 04:25 PM

Keep in mind that when Rico was first put in play ad reported in the papers, one of which I fetched the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette every Sunday morning during Deer season at Charlies Roost. First to read it was Charlie Murgie, Consigliere. He read the head line to Michael Genovese and Jo Jo Pecora and told the that we better get jobs, the party's over. Yes, Rico lives on but it was created to better enable tp prosecute the Mob.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 04:46 PM

I agree that it's a significant factor, but it's not THE factor. The Pittsburgh mob would've went extinct anyway, they weren't recruiting any fresh blood and the remnants died from old age. They simply went the way of the dinosaurs.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 06:34 PM

In Prov/Boston, I don't believe anyone's being made. Last one was prob when Big Cheese's nephew got in. Other than that no way

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 07:37 PM

That means that the Patriarca Family is heading towards extinction.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 07:49 PM

That means that the Patriarca Family is heading towards extinction.

Prov is all but extinct. I mean when Bobby Walason is getting pub, you know its bad here.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/15/21 08:55 PM

Between Carmen, Anthony and Matty, rest assured NE is making guys, its the tried and true way money flows up-hill

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by azguy
Between Carmen, Anthony and Matty, rest assured NE is making guys, its the tried and true way money flows up-hill

you'd like to think so

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 01:53 PM

I know that in 2015 was made 3 guys in Boston Scarparelli,Luois DiNunzio and Salvatore Martino but for sure there are more that we dont know.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 02:30 PM

I agree that it's a significant factor, but it's not THE factor. The Pittsburgh mob would've went extinct anyway, they weren't recruiting any fresh blood and the remnants died from old age. They simply went the way of the dinosaurs.

Agree. Michael didn't actively recruit any fresh blood but Henry told me with Rico and all, who wants to be made.
However, after decades of refusing to be made, Henry had to be made when he took over Youngstown.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry

Agree. Michael didn't actively recruit any fresh blood but Henry told me with Rico and all, who wants to be made.
However, after decades of refusing to be made, Henry had to be made when he took over Youngstown.

Until the 1980s get made had many advantages,first of the one that your boss must gave the ok to whack you and expecially if you was a good earner or had a powerful capo that speak in your difence (like Dellacroce with Gotti) you was safe;second the old school mobsters or the zips would never trust an associate even if was italian.
Now it only a target on your back and many associates that have nothing to prove can easky refuse to be made while years ago a refuse would be a death sentence.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 04:29 PM

You're right, but if no one ever gets made or initiated into something then basically what you have are a bunch of freelance criminals who doesn't belong to anything, and no pecking order. It's more chaotic, because who's going to listen to who? There's really no mob without that initiation ceremony.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 06:27 PM

You're right, but if no one ever gets made or initiated into something then basically what you have are a bunch of freelance criminals who doesn't belong to anything, and no pecking order. It's more chaotic, because who's going to listen to who? There's really no mob without that initiation ceremony.

The American Mafia isnt a mafia from long time,apart few old wiseguys the many part are only american guys with an italian surname,they forgot the italian language so the oath its just empty words nobody remenber how would be live in the poor italian neighborhoods,the US mafia is an empty shell,and you think that the problem is the initiation ceremony?

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 06:29 PM

My words still hold true, without any initiation nobody really belongs to anything and there is no structure, regardless of the status of La Cosa Nostra.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 06:32 PM

Even street gangs jump people in and whatnot, even the military swears people in. Because without some sort of initiation they are nothing but individuals.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 10:31 PM

It happens even in jail, but often it's a pretty big ceremony and event when guys get made.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 10:53 PM

In the Outfit for years never used the indunction ceremony and was powerful like the other families. Today the oath has lost all its meaning, given the increase of the rat.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 10:56 PM

Even street gangs jump people in and whatnot, even the military swears people in. Because without some sort of initiation they are nothing but individuals.

They are individuals,nobody live the mafia as something to belong and followcthe rules,now its only a way for made money and left when risk an harsh sentence.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/16/21 11:27 PM

There are many reasons why Cosa Nostra is no where near what it once was. But in my humble opinion the single biggest and most important reason why the brotherhood isn't the same any longer is because the same "need" and "drive" are no longer there by which to propel the organization's engine.

During the early history of Italian migration to this country we were dirt poor. Dirt poor! And Cosa Nostra was all around us in our neighborhood, and often times in our very own blood families. It became viewed by many as one of the easiest, best, and fastest ways out of the ghettos we lived in and the easiest way for upward mobility. It provided a network which not only protected the member from outsiders who would do him harm, but also afforded ways of getting into money making schemes to earn with, with little chance of meaningful penalties.

With little formal education, and no money, no opportunities for success, tremendous prejudice against Italians, and limited other resources, the mob was a truly great option for many.

But in the year 2021, more than a century later, Italians are mostly college educated. Many Italians have advanced degrees in law, medicine, political science, finance, etc., and have reached the highest pinnacles of their chosen profession. And "profession" is a key word here. No longer are the Italians only "blue collar' workers. Many live in multimillion dollar mansions. send their children to their finest private schools, and are considered very comfortably tucked into the so-called "American Dream" tenfold over.

My own children are perfect examples of that success and upward mobility. One of my sons is a lawyer, and a daughter is in the medical profession. My nephew is a stock broker. Another nephew is also in medical school. Other younger members in the family are extremely successful private business people who own their own companies...I am an extremely proud papa and uncle to say the least. Yet, years back, some of our older relatives were "in the life."

But the big difference here is that the elders in our family always encouraged the kids toward legitimacy and legal businesses. Mob life was not glamorized as it is in some families. Plain and simply put, it was "but a means to an end."

My grandfather, uncles, and father all talked the talk with us, but they also walked the walk. They paid for college tuitions, graduate schools (med school, law school, etc), which of course provided the children with a tremendous "leg up" so to speak for their futures. And for the kids who didn't want to go into a profession per se, my family either brought them into legal businesses we owned, or provided the finances to purchase a business, or to open up one from the ground up.
--
Today there is little need, and even less desire, to "devolve" back into the streets. Couple that with the draconian laws of Rico and other harsh penal laws now on the books where offenders see jail terms handed to them in the double-digits, that years earlier would have resulted in a mere monetary fine and/or a short 30 days to 2-3 years behind bars at best (if jail was even meted out to begin with), and the reader starts to understand the lack of allure of the underworld today for young Italian men.

The smartest and brightest "bulbs" of our Italian lot were long ago were redirected to achieve more than a so-called "button." Often times by grandfathers, fathers, uncles, cousins, etc., who were themselves "in" the life and did what they did, so that their future bloodline and loved ones would never again have to deal in that!...And THATS the Gods honest unadulterated truth.
-
I'm sorry to say that the ONLY young Italians drawn to "the life" nowadays are the absolute uneducated "cafone," or those who don't know any better. Or are lost souls without direction. They look at old gangster movies and become enamored with a false narrative that is no longer a "thing" (if it ever truly was a thing to begin with). And most lack proper parental guidance. Their parents are imbeciles along with them, so how could the children wise up? If they have no one to wisely advise them.
---
I wrote several very extensive opinion pieces on this very subject. When TNYM is re-launched, I suggest those interested to visit our site and search out the articles. They will be listed under "Feature Articles"

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/17/21 01:23 AM

But even with the Chicago Outfit guys are referred to as either members or associates, they must have something that determines who is what? Maybe not a long ceremony. You're right about it losing its meaning, me personally I think it has always been bullshit. But many guys did take their allegiance to the life seriously. Looking back at footage of all of those 1980s Commission members, many took their century long prison sentences with zero fucks given, I'm like how come nobody ever talks about guys like that, only the rats get all the attention lol.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/17/21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
There are many reasons why Cosa Nostra is no where near what it once was. But in my humble opinion the single biggest and most important reason why the brotherhood isn't the same any longer is because the same "need" and "drive" are no longer there by which to propel the organization's engine.

During the early history of Italian migration to this country we were dirt poor. Dirt poor! And Cosa Nostra was all around us in our neighborhood, and often times in our very own blood families. It became viewed by many as one of the easiest, best, and fastest ways out of the ghettos we lived in and the easiest way for upward mobility. It provided a network which not only protected the member from outsiders who would do him harm, but also afforded ways of getting into money making schemes to earn with, with little chance of meaningful penalties.

With little formal education, and no money, no opportunities for success, tremendous prejudice against Italians, and limited other resources, the mob was a truly great option for many.

But in the year 2021, more than a century later, Italians are mostly college educated. Many Italians have advanced degrees in law, medicine, political science, finance, etc., and have reached the highest pinnacles of their chosen profession. And "profession" is a key word here. No longer are the Italians only "blue collar' workers. Many live in multimillion dollar mansions. send their children to their finest private schools, and are considered very comfortably tucked into the so-called "American Dream" tenfold over.

My own children are perfect examples of that success and upward mobility. One of my sons is a lawyer, and a daughter is in the medical profession. My nephew is a stock broker. Another nephew is also in medical school. Other younger members in the family are extremely successful private business people who own their own companies...I am an extremely proud papa and uncle to say the least. Yet, years back, some of our older relatives were "in the life."

But the big difference here is that the elders in our family always encouraged the kids toward legitimacy and legal businesses. Mob life was not glamorized as it is in some families. Plain and simply put, it was "but a means to an end."

My grandfather, uncles, and father all talked the talk with us, but they also walked the walk. They paid for college tuitions, graduate schools (med school, law school, etc), which of course provided the children with a tremendous "leg up" so to speak for their futures. And for the kids who didn't want to go into a profession per se, my family either brought them into legal businesses we owned, or provided the finances to purchase a business, or to open up one from the ground up.
--
Today there is little need, and even less desire, to "devolve" back into the streets. Couple that with the draconian laws of Rico and other harsh penal laws now on the books where offenders see jail terms handed to them in the double-digits, that years earlier would have resulted in a mere monetary fine and/or a short 30 days to 2-3 years behind bars at best (if jail was even meted out to begin with), and the reader starts to understand the lack of allure of the underworld today for young Italian men.

The smartest and brightest "bulbs" of our Italian lot were long ago were redirected to achieve more than a so-called "button." Often times by grandfathers, fathers, uncles, cousins, etc., who were themselves "in" the life and did what they did, so that their future bloodline and loved ones would never again have to deal in that!...And THATS the Gods honest unadulterated truth.
-
I'm sorry to say that the ONLY young Italians drawn to "the life" nowadays are the absolute uneducated "cafone," or those who don't know any better. Or are lost souls without direction. They look at old gangster movies and become enamored with a false narrative that is no longer a "thing" (if it ever truly was a thing to begin with). And most lack proper parental guidance. Their parents are imbeciles along with them, so how could the children wise up? If they have no one to wisely advise them.
---
I wrote several very extensive opinion pieces on this very subject. When TNYM is re-launched, I suggest those interested to visit our site and search out the articles. They will be listed under "Feature Articles"

You're righ NYMafia but in some cases was the blood family that "educate" the sons to want to get involved in the "life".
The case of Basciano sons (and in my opinion what of the reason that let Vinnie Basciano to accept 2 life sentences is that his sons would have a good patch in the mob if he would keep his mouth shout) or Crea jr and so on.
Now the LCN prefer to made people that had just a parent in the mob that can guarantee for him that a stranger that vould be an undercover agent.
Anyway Bruno Indelicato would be free in 2023,any infos on if would have a role in the Bonannos?

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/17/21 10:19 PM

Nowadays, for every one guy who encourages his kids and relatives to get involved in "the life," there's ten others doing their very best to keep them away. And that for a twofold reason. #1) the mob is a shit show today. They're all fucked up and the organization is so diminished from the strength they once had that its largely a dead end street for young people. #2) This is NOT 1940, 1955, or even the 1970s anymore, where many guys eagerly encouraged their offspring to come into the life with "poppa" because of the fast money to be made, and all the benefits to help elevate them in life. Its 2021, and most everybody who was ever anybody, and who was successful, has achieved the wealth and position in society they wanted to. They now want "better" for their children. They encourage them to go into a profession with daddy paying their tuition, or put them into a solid business with the racket money daddy earned in his lifetime.

Only the brokesters, the morons, and the real low-class "cafone" wish for their kids what they were exposed to. And THATS generally the truth today!

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/17/21 11:01 PM

What if they learned from many of their mistakes, I mean they've done a great job at not committing a bunch of unnecessary murders, and I don't think we will be seeing anymore bloody power struggles because of what it did to the Colombos, or any more of the treachery, paranoia, and betrayal that ripped the Luccheses apart with Amuso and Casso. And I think many of the rats we've been seeing lately are non-factor associates and little shit-sandwich soldiers like Pennisi who nobody really cares about. It is a shit show, and I don't think anyone is going to be putting their kids into the life, but many will still likely get involved on their own, I also don't think legalization means the end of the rackets. Cigarettes are legal, but there's still money to be made in selling untaxed cigarettes. Gasoline is legal, but look at the money Franzese and those guys made from selling untaxed gasoline. Gambling is legal, but we've still seen big money gambling rings busted, mobbed-up or not it's beside the point. Legal loans have ALWAYS been around, but street people and even legitimate people without credit still seek out loansharks. Point is I don't think that the rackets are in as bad of a shape as some people make it out to be, I think that when it comes to LCN they just lack the talent and the manpower to exploit those rackets to their full potential. Then you have more sophisticated scams like healthcare fraud which we've seen Farese and Truglia exploit.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/17/21 11:29 PM

You're right, as you said, "the rackets are not in as bad a shape as some people make them out to be." Truthfully, they're in much WORSE shape than legitimate people make the out to be, or even understand! Much worse!

And nearly ALL those so-called rackets that once were, or that you THINK still are, are shells of their former selves, if they exist at all. Or the laws have been changed and tightened to essentially eliminate the "wiggle room" by which OC once made money at them.

Computer fraud, sophisticated financial frauds and scams still exist and can earn the perpetrators of those types of rackets immense amounts of money. Problem is, once caught, and with ANY paper scams you WILL eventually get caught. It's no longer a light bid. Nowadays wise guys (even suckers) are getting decades in jail for those types of crimes. Just look at Nicky Scarfo Jr You want a better example than that? The kid got something like 38 years in the can for a white collar fraud.

It's OVA! With all due respect, the rest of all the gibberish and hypothesis that people discuss back and forth all day on these forums is just that, nonsense and gibberish. None of it is steeped in reality.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/18/21 12:02 AM

Scarfo Jr. obviously got railroaded, but a ton of other guys do get sweet plea deals. There's even been guys who got way, way, way lighter sentences for murder involvement than what Scarfo Jr. got for fraud. It all comes down to your judge and all of the other circumstances surrounding your case.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/18/21 12:05 AM

Just look at Richard Martino and his crew who pulled off one of the biggest consumer frauds ever, those guys got extremely light sentences compared to Scarfo Jr. I think Scarfo Jr. just got fucked, ROYALLY fucked, probably just because of who his dad was.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/18/21 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Nowadays, for every one guy who encourages his kids and relatives to get involved in "the life," there's ten others doing their very best to keep them away. And that for a twofold reason. #1) the mob is a shit show today. They're all fucked up and the organization is so diminished from the strength they once had that its largely a dead end street for young people. #2) This is NOT 1940, 1955, or even the 1970s anymore, where many guys eagerly encouraged their offspring to come into the life with "poppa" because of the fast money to be made, and all the benefits to help elevate them in life. Its 2021, and most everybody who was ever anybody, and who was successful, has achieved the wealth and position in society they wanted to. They now want "better" for their children. They encourage them to go into a profession with daddy paying their tuition, or put them into a solid business with the racket money daddy earned in his lifetime.

Only the brokesters, the morons, and the real low-class "cafone" wish for their kids what they were exposed to. And THATS generally the truth today!

NYMafia Im referring only to mobsters that are in the life,not to all the Italian Americans.
The Snake Persico ruined his son live and for sure Teddy Persico will die in prison soon or latter as Scarpa sr made with his son etc
And there are still wannabes that will follow his father's patch in the mob.
Posted By: Sidney

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:33 AM

Does anyone know how were some of the most recent inductee ??

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 10:59 AM

I wonder if the DeCavalcante Family is still recruiting guys, they're even weaker than the Colombos. I like to look at the weaker Families because if they're still doing okay then the others must be doing fantastic.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 03:14 PM

I would think the Decavalcante’s would be in a position to recruit vs. say the Patriarca’s where I just don’t see a pool to choose from. At least not in RI.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 04:05 PM

I'm somewhat surprised that guys are still being made. Not saying that they aren't, just surprised as the last I knew of anyone being made was a over a couple of decades ago. Does anyone know if there is still an old fashion "Making Ceremony" and are the same "Rules and Regulations" still required?

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 05:00 PM

FOH, guys have to still be getting made, if not they'll go extinct, with a capital E! Without some form of initiation or swearing in you don't have a mob. Even if it's not the traditional ceremony, there HAS to at least be something that sets you apart as a member from the rest of society or the underworld. If they stop making guys, they'll stop existing, and all you'll have are a bunch of freelance racketeers with no structure.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 05:15 PM

I'm somewhat surprised that guys are still being made. Not saying that they aren't, just surprised as the last I knew of anyone being made was a over a couple of decades ago. Does anyone know if there is still an old fashion "Making Ceremony" and are the same "Rules and Regulations" still required?

In New York, they're making people every year. A family will usually hold one every two or three years. Sometimes there's only a year between ceremonies and sometimes there's two ceremonies in the same year. The West Side on the other hand tends to wait 5-7 years between each ceremony, but they're also inducting up to 20 guys each time.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 07:24 PM

In New York, they're making people every year. A family will usually hold one every two or three years. Sometimes there's only a year between ceremonies and sometimes there's two ceremonies in the same year. The West Side on the other hand tends to wait 5-7 years between each ceremony, but they're also inducting up to 20 guys each time.

I'm in no way trying to be adversarial, but how does anyone other than those being made and by whos making them know there's still guys being made? It's not like invitations are sent out or ads in the newspaper or billboards saying Joe Stugotz is now a Made Man.
Again, I'm not trying to cause some shit, I'm just asking what I think is a legit question.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 08:23 PM

Ralphie Pinocchio knows everyone and everything. He lives in a $20 million castle, knows people who lost $100 million and now hangs out with George Clooney. Last but not least, he knows exactly when someone's being initiated into one of the 5 Families of NYC and can even give you the time and place.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:08 PM

I'm in no way trying to be adversarial, but how does anyone other than those being made and by whos making them know there's still guys being made? It's not like invitations are sent out or ads in the newspaper or billboards saying Joe Stugotz is now a Made Man.
Again, I'm not trying to cause some shit, I'm just asking what I think is a legit question.

If you wanna know if there's still guys being made, then all you need to do is read the latest Colombo indictment from last month. One of the guys mentioned had just been proposed. So obviously they're still making guys. Most of this information is already out there.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:17 PM

http://theblackhand.club/forum/view...p;p=568&hilit=Alphonse+trucchio#p568

This is a list of making ceremonies in the 5 families thanks to Pogo the Clown.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:20 PM

Because who get made speak of the fact that was made and LE in way or another understood who get made throught the surveillance or in other manner. Plus there are dry snitchers that are paid for give to the LE the last news on the family members.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:43 PM

What I find to be hilarious, and sad at the same time, is that most of the new inductees will probably flip someday.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 09:45 PM

With so many chiming in with a very positive "Yes", then who am I to say no.
Posted By: British

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 10:10 PM

The American Costa nostra is not Italian anymore, it's not been Italian for a long time.

Just some Americans with Italian surnames..

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/19/21 10:43 PM

You're right to a large extent, however at least the Gambinos and Bonannos still have Sicilian factions, not to mention the numerous Camorra, Ndrangheta, and Cosa Nostra members over here, according to the FBI.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 01:23 AM

Just wait until the rank-and-file of whatever's left is flooded with blonde-haired blue-eyed wiseguys, that's when you'll know that our beloved Italian Mafia is gone when it starts looking more like the Aryan Brotherhood lol.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by British
The American Costa nostra is not Italian anymore, it's not been Italian for a long time.

Just some Americans with Italian surnames..

The American mafia has always been an unique phenomena, guys like Luciano and Capone came up in the Five Points Gang.
Predominantly Italian, BUT with many Jewish, Polish, and Eastern European, and, to a lesser extent Irish members and retained many Irish members. Throughout its existence, members were all immigrants or the first-generation sons of immigrants.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 12:52 PM

Hollander, the difference is that for the first two or three decades you had to be full Italian to be sworn in with a ceremony, and all of those Jewish, Polish, and Eastern European criminals were associates, not members. Even if some of them got all of the same perks that members got, they still weren't members. They weren't introduced as a Friend of Ours. There were still Mafia politics and inner workings within the borgata that weren't meant for the ears of these associates no matter how important they were. It's easy to see that they've relaxed the rules a lot, much to the detriment of the organization. Now you have Genovese captains like Alan Longo and Angelo Prisco running their mouths to wired up associates about politics within the Family as well as other Families. Like why do these guys even need to know that, if you're just letting off steam go talk to a wall.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 12:59 PM

And oh, the episodes where Genovese captain Alan Longo was spilling Family secrets to wired-up associate Cookie D'Urso and Genovese captain Angelo Prisco blabbing away to wired-up associate Jeff Santini can be added to that one post about when the so-called "Ivy League" failed to deliver.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 09:40 PM

Hollander, the difference is that for the first two or three decades you had to be full Italian to be sworn in with a ceremony, and all of those Jewish, Polish, and Eastern European criminals were associates, not members. Even if some of them got all of the same perks that members got, they still weren't members. They weren't introduced as a Friend of Ours. There were still Mafia politics and inner workings within the borgata that weren't meant for the ears of these associates no matter how important they were. It's easy to see that they've relaxed the rules a lot, much to the detriment of the organization. Now you have Genovese captains like Alan Longo and Angelo Prisco running their mouths to wired up associates about politics within the Family as well as other Families. Like why do these guys even need to know that, if you're just letting off steam go talk to a wall.

Yes but some associates were more powerful as made members. Without the Jews, Irish etc..the American mob would be a different thing.

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/20/21 10:00 PM

I totally get what you're saying, and all of that's inevitable given the melting pot that America is. Some associates were more powerful than many made men, I totally get it and have heard that song numerous times. But they still weren't sworn in, in a ceremony. They still weren't privy to inter-family politics and disputes. They were only let in on big money schemes and were protected and respected. But they didn't get to sit at the table with the Lucchese administration and decide who's going to replace Tommy Lucchese, or who's going to replace Carlo Gambino, or what to do about the numerous Colombo Wars or the Banana War of the 1960s. Some associates, like Angelo Ponte, were purposely kept from being made simply because it benefited the Family more to keep him as an associate, as a clean face. But understandably he was still treated like royalty because he brought in lots of cash. The American Mafia can still have tons of respected, appreciated, money-making associates without swearing them in.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Are Guys Still Getting Made? - 10/21/21 08:38 PM

As far as the Genovese are concerned FBI agent Rob Zanolli stated in 2016 that they closed the books soon after Arrillotta flipped.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET