Boss is big ears majuri
Milk is the Underboss
Shipe Nigro is the consigliere
JoJo Ferrara a capo
Louie Consalvo
Manny Riggi is a capo
Who took over Charlie stango crew?
They’re heavy still in Elizabeth and control all the feasts there
Operate out of Ribera Social Club, also road building and assorted unions in north Jersey

Any guesses or opinions on the state of the family
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 09:10 AM

Milk was Joe Merlo Jr, he died recently. Manny Riggi also died a few years ago
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 09:36 AM

And that's that! Lol
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 09:48 AM

A lot of people make fun of those guys but they are a lot more powerful than most people think. They maintain a heavy presence in Elizabeth and Union, but they also have operations in Staten Island and Brooklyn even.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
A lot of people make fun of those guys but they are a lot more powerful than most people think. They maintain a heavy presence in Elizabeth and Union, but they also have operations in Staten Island and Brooklyn even.

I agree. They are not a top crew, but then again they are still a crew. And the are respected as such. CN is CN
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 10:27 AM

The fact that are called the real life Sopranos not help them.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

I agree. They are not a top crew, but then again they are still a crew. And the are respected as such. CN is CN

I made a chart time ago,there are almost 40 made men,a small family not a glorified crew.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 10:52 AM

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...valcante-organized-crime-family-arrested

1. Boss:Charles "Fat Charlie" Majuri
2. Underboss:???
3. Consigliere:Frank Nigro/77

Capos:

4. Phillip Abramo/75
5. Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo/63
6. Charles Stango/76 (I) 03/19/2024

7. Daniel "Danny" Annunziata
8. Gaetano Alessi/81
9. Jerry Balzano/57
10. James Castaldo/65
11. Rosario (Russ) Cocchiaro/68
12. Dominick Colletti/60
13. Giacomo Colletti
14. Giacomo Colletti/84
15. Cottone-Nicholas
16. Frank D'Amato/64
17. Francesco "Joe" Gatto
18. Girolamo Gaurragg
19. Leonardo Giacobbe
20. Joseph Giacobbe jr
21. Louis Ippolito
22. John LaBarbera
23. Lombardo-Salvatore
24. Anthony "Anthony Marshmallow" Mannarino - Florida
25. Michael Merlo
26. Bernard NiCastro - Florida
27. Luigi (Lou the Dog) Oliveri
28. Francesco “Frank the Painter” Paparatto
29. Gregory Rago
30. Emanuel (Manny) Riggi
31. Vincent Riggi
32. James Saracco
33. Giuseppe "Pino" Schifilliti
34. Joseph Sclafani
35. Gaetano Vastola
36. Steven Vitabile
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 11:08 AM

Ferrara passed away as well. Joe Merlo Jr sons are in the life, but Joe and Michael are only soldiers. John Riggi Jr is also only a soldier. Phil Abramo is no longer a capo and semi retired, mostly retired. Nigro is no longer Consigliere, unknown who is. Charles Majuri is said to be boss, Jossph Giacobbe Jr, is thought to he underboss. Some other guys names that are heard of are Francesco Paparatto, Girolamo Gaurraggi, Anthony Mannarino, and Dominic Colletti. At least four crews are still active.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 12:05 PM

Some of these guys are either dead, or fossils and long off the street scene;

Dead:
Danny Annunziata ?
Gaetano Alessi
Giacomo Colletti ?
John La Barbara ? (never heard of him)
Francesco Paparatto
Giuseppe Schiffiliti
Stefano Vitabile

Many of those fellas are either dead, or well into their late 80s or 90s, like Vastola, Annunziata, etc. Colletti,Scilffilti, etc., They are not active if they're even breathing.

The DeCav's are staffed with a small crew, most of whom are not that bright or street savvy (to put it mildly)

Only D'Amato, Consalvo, Majuri, Rago, and a few others have what it takes. The rest are all window dressing (IMO)
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 12:26 PM

What people need to understand is that the DeCavs are under the Gambino flag. That is why they get respect. You're not gonna muscle in on these guys with no problems.

I recommend Giovanni's Ring which is a brand new book about life inside the present day DeCavs. Written by an undercover agent, the guy who brought down Stango. It's a fast and good read

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 03:06 PM

What people need to understand is that the DeCavs are under the Gambino flag. That is why they get respect. You're not gonna muscle in on these guys with no problems.

I recommend Giovanni's Ring which is a brand new book about life inside the present day DeCavs. Written by an undercover agent, the guy who brought down Stango. It's a fast and good read

So the Decavalcantes are now the Gambinos NJ crew?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 05:42 PM

If they're just a crew why do they have a boss, consiglieri, etc? It's funny because The Sopranos does go into this. When John Sack tells Phil Leotardo that Tony's a boss, and Phil objects.

It's always interesting to me as to why this family was formed in the first place, when all of the 5 families were always there, the Genovese always being the biggest and strongest in Jersey. Jersey's mob history is fascinating. I'm guessing a lot of guys in the old Newark and Elizabeth families did a lot of big favors for big people at key times in mob history.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 05:53 PM

They are NOT a crew. They are a full-fledged family. A small family. A splintered family. But a family nonetheless. Do the Gambino's 'shadow' them for lack of a better word. Maybe. But they are their own small borgata.

Are they possibly 'influenced' by the larger NY families, probably. But they are still a family
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 06:42 PM

Giovanni ring yes great and new book
According the New Jersey’s own people they “fly they’re flag under the Gambinos”
They have a couple crews in New York and they are 100% they’re own free standing family and they are not splintered, they are United....
Also the book shows clearly these guys people at the lower levels are heavy into drugs...Crack,Coke and weed...

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 07:09 PM

Charlie Majuri is allegedly a top leader there. Not everyone lines up in back of Majuri. They are ONE family, but as is typical in borgatas there are always "factions" ..... so they are splintered. Not at war. Not are odds. But spintered for several reasons; The battering that they've taken over the last 2 decades from the feds have splintered their operations; and the factionalism of different guys backing various men to steer the helm

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/10/21 09:48 PM

Charlie Majuri is allegedly a top leader there. Not everyone lines up in back of Majuri. They are ONE family, but as is typical in borgatas there are always "factions" ..... so they are splintered. Not at war. Not are odds. But spintered for several reasons; The battering that they've taken over the last 2 decades from the feds have splintered their operations; and the factionalism of different guys backing various men to steer the helm

Other than the 2015 bust which really only tripped up Capo Charlie Stango and his crew they have pretty much been untouched since there indictments of 99 and 2000
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
If they're just a crew why do they have a boss, consiglieri, etc? It's funny because The Sopranos does go into this. When John Sack tells Phil Leotardo that Tony's a boss, and Phil objects.

It's always interesting to me as to why this family was formed in the first place, when all of the 5 families were always there, the Genovese always being the biggest and strongest in Jersey. Jersey's mob history is fascinating. I'm guessing a lot of guys in the old Newark and Elizabeth families did a lot of big favors for big people at key times in mob history.

I have read there was originally a Newark family, and that it split up and some of the members were divided up among the NYC families, with the Elizabeth crew becoming their own family. I can't remember off the top of my head where I read that, though. I know Valachi mentions Newark as a sixth family in the Valachi Papers. He used to sell stolen ration stamps during WW2 to one of their members.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 02:23 AM

I read that too, Fleming Ave. Interesting history. All about money I suppose, one way or another.

I don't want to beat on The Sopranos thing because it's obviously a fictional tv show, but there was a scene where Tony and Silvio are arguing about NY and Sil tells Tony he has a problem with authority. This is an interesting remark, considering Tony is a boss, and nobody should have authority over him. The Commission approves bosses and newly made members but doesn't tell bosses how to run their family. On paper, at least. So it would seem Sil is telling Tony, "look, we work for NY, that's that."

Also on The Sopranos, Junior makes an interesting remark about Profaci splitting his enemies. Profaci played a role in splitting up the Newark family. Anyhow, again, a fictional tv show but the writers at least did a little homework on Jersey's relationship with New York, even if they made Tony way too powerful of a Jersey boss. I'm guessing most of his power and swagger was based on the Genovese Jersey faction. Sopranos ran Port Newark on the show, after all.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 02:41 AM

Even though the Sopranos is a fictional show, it's (sometimes loosely) based on real life events, so you're not really off base, Oak. As for their ties to the Gambinos, I don't know if the Commission is still a functioning body. But I think the whole Gambinos/Decavalcantes connection may have been about the Gambinos representing them on the Commission. Anyone who has more information please feel free to correct me, as it's just from what I read. If they were a Gambino crew they wouldn't have their own administration. I kind of understand the Philly family/Genovese Family to have a similar relationship.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 02:45 AM

The DeCavalcante Family I believe (notice I said I believe so please don't chop my head off) still has ties to the Mafia in Ribera, Sicily. If this is the case, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
The DeCavalcante Family I believe (notice I said I believe so please don't chop my head off) still has ties to the Mafia in Ribera, Sicily. If this is the case, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

They certainly do have ties to Ribera, Sicily! Their club in Elizabeth NJ is called the Ribera Club.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 07:44 AM

Newark was split. It was between Gaspare D'Amico and Giuseppe Profaci. Joe Valachi, Joe Bonanno, and a few others have told the story. Newark family was disbanded, with Stefano Badami becoming boss of the Elizabeth family, and Newark faction, there is evidence from 1951 to 1955 when Badami was killed that the two factions were fighting. Joe Bonanno and Vincent Mangano backed up Joe Profaci, while Willie Moretti and Thomas Lucchese suggested that the family should be split up and divided among the other families. Genovese, Lucchese, and Profaci, grabbed some great earners. Elizabeth ranks doubled around 30 members at this time. Tony Caponigro said his skipper was a former member of Newark family, and was given a choice to join the Genovese but told Carmine Battaglia he could join up with them while he decided to join Philadelphia as he had a solid relationship with Joe Ida and Marco Reginelli. Bonanno and the Gambinos also got members from Newark. Peter G from Trenton was the one that Profaci, Mangano, Dovi, and Moretti were fighting to take into their families, who eventually went into the Mangano now the Gambino family.

As for the reason for the feud, different accounts, 1) Gaspare D'Amico was only making Sicilians instead of also inducting Calabrians. 2) D'Amico was unjustified in the killings of the Troia family members. 3) D'Amico was blocking Profaci's (Salvatore Profaci) truck routes in the Oliver oil business through his territory. 4) D'Amico owed Joe Profaci a large sum of money. 5) D'Amico and Joe Profaci supported different families in Villabate over a power struggle. I honestly believe there is truth to number 1 and 3.

The Ribera Club is still around. They can still recruit and get members from Sicily but like all the other families now, the recruiting pool has shrunk drastically.

The Gambinos represent them still, but the Decavalcante family does business with the Gambino, and Genovese crime families, and does have strong ties to Ribera and Agrigento province.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 10:27 PM

Reality is, the status is minute. No power, no recruits and very little influence. Elizabeth May still be home to the Ribera club but that’s about all. The city is not under the control of the family influence and the old neighborhood is Hispanic. Sorry but it’s the truth. Oh and Newark? Zero influence, zero. Almost every single Italian establishment is gone. A couple of import stores, deli’s and cafe’s everything else gone. There’s a few more old spots but zero decalvacante influence.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/11/21 11:03 PM

I partly agree with you, their influence has been greatly reduced but zero influence? That's a little too much.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 02:04 AM

All due respect but they are just a crew now. Albeit a large crew. They should just join the Gambino Family at this point. What have they got? 20 made guys on the street? They could be the Gambino's 2nd and 3rd Jersey crew. Make their Boss a Capo in charge of 10 guys and make their Underboss a Capo in Charge of 10 guys.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 02:07 AM

They may be a small family but I wouldn't fuck with them.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 02:11 AM

They are NOT a crew. They are a full-fledged family. A small family. A splintered family. But a family nonetheless. Do the Gambino's 'shadow' them for lack of a better word. Maybe. But they are their own small borgata.

Are they possibly 'influenced' by the larger NY families, probably. But they are still a family

I respectfully disagree. They really are just a glorified crew these days consisting of mostly senior citizens. The recruiting pool is dried up. They're on their last leg. Only way they don't go extinct is to join up with the Gambino's. They've been aligned with them since the 80s. They can put younger members in their Jersey crew to replace dying members. Most mob guys have gravitates to Jersey, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Connecticut etc. Even out to Philly. They've got to evolve with the times or die on the vine. Theyre at the point the Pittsburgh Family was in the late 80s

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 04:01 AM

As was said earlier read “Giovannis Ring”. About the UC that investigated them from 2012-2015
The recruiting pool isn’t what it once was but it’s 100% NOT dried up...Most of the associates talked about in the book were young and heavy into drugs,crack,weed,coke and ecstasy mainly and the family itself has deep dies with all the families and the Bloods street gangs in the area. The crew was close to Gooms and Crew Boss Nicky Molanari in the Gambinos and Nicky Whip in Philadelphia .... They have MAJOR INFLUENCE NOW in Elizabeth, control the feasts there and are all over the neighboorhood selling drugs,stolen property and loan sharking. At the Ribera Social Club Tin Ear Scalfani sat at the door.
Around 35-40 members in NY and NJ and 100% NOT on its last legs
Basically exactly what they were doing 30 years ago just instead of 60 made guys more like 35
Again everyone should read the book, very little was made public when the case came down in 2015 because everyone pled guilty....

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 06:43 AM

Not just drugs, but they have construction, real estate, some pull in the unions not like they had before. They have guys on the docks, sanitation, bookmaking, loansharking. Newark, everyone is trying to get a piece, but they still have a few of their fingers in different things. They will still be around 10 years from now, unless someone high up flips, then they will be around 10 years from now just severely crippled. Down in Florida they have a few things happening and Mannarino name keeps popping up.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 09:25 AM

I’d love to hear a few specifics, some you defending the family saying they’re into this and that are stating generic points. If you know that they’re into all theses things, which I seriously doubt at a serious money making level let us know what they’re into. What unions? What construction, which feasts? It’s not at any level that you would like to believe or want us to believe. Selling drugs on the corner, stolen goods in an alley doesn’t make them a family with influence. The family def I’d NOT in Newark. That is long gone era. But hey, change my mind if you can with specifics. The family is unfortunately for mob followers on its last very old and very incompetent legs as a separate family.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
As was said earlier read “Giovannis Ring”. About the UC that investigated them from 2012-2015
The recruiting pool isn’t what it once was but it’s 100% NOT dried up...Most of the associates talked about in the book were young and heavy into drugs,crack,weed,coke and ecstasy mainly and the family itself has deep dies with all the families and the Bloods street gangs in the area. The crew was close to Gooms and Crew Boss Nicky Molanari in the Gambinos and Nicky Whip in Philadelphia .... They have MAJOR INFLUENCE NOW in Elizabeth, control the feasts there and are all over the neighboorhood selling drugs,stolen property and loan sharking. At the Ribera Social Club Tin Ear Scalfani sat at the door.
Around 35-40 members in NY and NJ and 100% NOT on its last legs
Basically exactly what they were doing 30 years ago just instead of 60 made guys more like 35
Again everyone should read the book, very little was made public when the case came down in 2015 because everyone pled guilty....

They have 80 year old wash up Tin Ear at the door and they sell drugs. Very promising future Louie. You've convinced me they have a future

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/12/21 06:04 PM

https://eu.app.com/story/news/inves...ill-here-port-newark-suburbs/3268727002/

All five of the New York City crime families, plus the New Jersey DeCavalcantes and the Philadelphia mob have people placed in the port, according to Walter Arsenault, executive director of the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor. The Genovese family controls the New Jersey side, according to Arsenault.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/13/21 07:46 AM

Good post Furio. The Decavalcante are more powerful in Elisabeth. On unions, look up LIFE-890. Look up James Castaldo, you can find enough information.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/13/21 07:17 PM

We don't have enough intel to know if the DeCavalcante Family is still strong or not, only investigators know. But when an article drops titled something like "DeCavalcante Mobsters Busted in Muliti-Million Dollar Scam you doubters can eat crow.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/13/21 07:44 PM

Read "Giovannis Ring" gives plenty of intel on the current situation and standing of the family....Theyre activities in Drugs,Gambling, Loansharking and Laborers Unions in NY and NJ....
Giovanni Rocco was the Undercover in the FBI led task force that Investigated them from 2012-2015.....

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/14/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi

They’re heavy still in Elizabeth and control all the feasts there
Operate out of Ribera Social Club, also road building

Louie, I do generally agree with what you wrote, but Riggi was Local 394 which is a building local, a different laborers local is for heavy/highway construction. 394 does construction and maintenance work in the oil refineries and factories around Elizabeth.
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/29/21 12:17 PM

DeCavalcante Crime Family Underboss Timeline (1931-Present)

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 07/29/21 12:18 PM

Posted By: DonCheech

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 08/06/21 08:39 PM

Sorry bro but I found that book to be boring and it told me absolutely nothing new except that Stango's son is a buffoon and the family deals in alot of swag.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 08/06/21 11:35 PM

A lot of the guys in that family have 9 to 5 jobs, makes me think they're pretty serious about keeping a low profile.
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 08/07/21 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by DonCheech
Sorry bro but I found that book to be boring and it told me absolutely nothing new except that Stango's son is a buffoon and the family deals in alot of swag.

Yeah it wasn’t very good.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 08/07/21 04:42 PM

The book goes into they’re control of the feast, the plan by the administration to murder Louie Oliveri and Riggi and his control at port Newark and in the labor unions in New York and New Jersey as well as Stango mainly dealing in drugs not swag( the undercover agent dealt in swag cause he couldn’t be involved in violent things). Stango was dealing large amounts of cocaine received from the Bloods and the strip club they opened where they were running prostitutes...
You guys read the entire book?
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 08/11/21 07:24 AM

Rat wise looks like they only had 3 made guys which is pretty good compared to most families.

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 09/02/21 03:44 PM

Frank "Big Frank" Cocchiaro | New Jersey | DeCavalante Crime Family | (1972). Click on the link below to view the video. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/CHneSEqDKS8

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 09/02/21 03:44 PM

Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Status of the New Jersey Family - 12/08/21 10:33 PM

THE DECAVALCANTE CRIME FAMILY
(Dec 2021-
BOSS
1.CHARLES MAJURI
-believed by l.e. and most on this site to have taken over in 2016 following death of guarraci.
-came from newark faction of family possible he still holds overall control of old crew.
UB
2.PHILIP ABRAMO
-released in 2018 possible that he took over as UB following 2021 death of joseph merlo sr. although unsure if merlo sr. was UB?
-has long standing connections to gambino and genovese families,bro in law is alan longo other bro in law is LOUIS CONSALVO.
-possible that abramo controls rackets for family in florida?

Florida crew/soldiers
3.anthony mannarino
4.bernard nicastro
5.rosario cocchiaro

CONS
6.FRANK NIGRO
-identified in 2015 indictment as consigliere. some charges were dropped in the case not sure if he still faces time.

CAPO
7.LOUIS CONSALVO
-would be close to abramo and is alleged to have taken over his old crew.
soldier
8.gregory rago
9.frank d'amato-one time acting consigliere.
10.james castaldo-not sure if still imprisoned following soil dump indictment.
11.jerry balzano-had rackets in ny and florida at one point.

CAPO
12.GIUSEPPE SCHIFILLITI
soldier
13.joseph miranda-if as of this he is still alive,could be possible he cont's as UB?98 yrs old.
14.francesco gatto
15.joseph sclafani-could find no intell about what crew so put here?

SOLDIER
16.EMMANUEL SORTINO
-son of gennaro who was recognized as the "link" back to ribera,sicily.
-possible that emmanuel cont's this role and reports direct to admin.

capo
17.charles stango ( I )
-serving 10 yr sentence from 2015 indictment. showing to represent the family may have 3 crews?
-not known who took over or is acting capo of crew.
soldier
18.paul colella ( I )
-i think he is imprisoned but was dealing direct with consigliere frank nigro as per indictment.

soldiers ( unknown crew )
19.gaetano vastola
20.daniel annunziata
21.carl corsentino-operate funeral home in elizabeth,nj.
22.francesco paparatto
23.mimmo marzullo
24.john j riggi-son of former boss.
25.vincent j riggi-son of former boss.

notes
-i have not included any imprisoned members save for stango and colella to try to show strength of family currently on the street.
-i do not live in NJ and do not have any first hand knowledge of the state or cities that the decavs operate.
-this research was done solely using the internet so as far as accuracy the best i could come up with.
-the only other comment being during the 2015 stango indictment stango mentioned that the family were planting flags in new orleans,los angeles and las vegas??
now i can buy las vegas as stango lived in the state but the other 2 ? looking for a comment or 2 on that could find nothing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET