Home

Mobsters refused to be made

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Mobsters refused to be made - 03/11/21 10:23 PM

To be made in the mob is the best ambition for all the wannabes but someone refused the offer.

I remember only 2 names:

Francis Guerra,Colombo
Frankie "Flowers" D'Alfonso,Philly
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/12/21 12:29 AM

Nowadays you'd be surprised at just how many sharp and capable street guys decline the offer. Especially the more savvier guys who actually deserve a 'button' and know what they're doing. The fellas who would actually be a true asset to a borgata, and not some ignorant grunt who doesn't know any better, or really know the life.

In fact, most of the fellas who they DO accept and give a button to nowadays (not all, but most), are in actuality scraping the bottom of the recruit barrel, and the hierarchies know it too.

It's just that they have no other recruits of a better caliber to bring in. So its either accept these nincompoops into the ranks to bolster their numbers, or retreat and shrivel up their borgata to a smaller rank and file size.

And IMO, they may well be better off in the long run to go with 'quality,' instead of 'quantity,' as they have been.

Either way, Cosa Nostra is in dire straits nowadays, and I don't see it improving anytime soon!
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/12/21 06:08 AM

Greg DePalma wanted to propose John Amiccuci, who owned a big construction company which was on record with the Gambino, but Amiccuci declined.

John Praino had to be persuaded to be made by the Philly Family. He just wanted to run his bookmaking operation but he was in the Bronx and he needed some protection.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/12/21 06:05 PM

In years past you couldn't refuse to be inducted...If they wanted you to be a member, you'd be a member or you'd be killed...Today, you can refuse, you can snitch and nobody will do anything about it !!
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 03:11 AM

Gigi the Whale
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 07:15 AM

I think Nick Calabrese didn't really want to be made by Chicago. He was more or less convinced by his brother.

I'd say Sonnny Mazzone (Philly) probably had to be convinced to get made.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 09:02 AM

Sonny doesn't look too bright though
Posted By: British

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 12:09 PM

These days, is there really any benefit in getting made?
Posted By: Captbony1999

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 12:49 PM

I’ve said this before - bring in the Zips.

I imagined the Zips, maybe a couple thousand, could start up the old LCN families across United States.

They would be a great help to the New York families. Maybe killing the rats, people who are disrupting business who “need to go” - the Zips would also bring in more money due to their fear if you cross them and their successfulness in drugs, gambling, truck hijacking, loan shanking
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 01:25 PM

Didn't guys from Winter Hill turn down buttoms? Flemmi and Martorano

What about John Nardi? Or was he just independent?

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Captbony1999
I’ve said this before - bring in the Zips.

I imagined the Zips, maybe a couple thousand, could start up the old LCN families across United States.

They would be a great help to the New York families. Maybe killing the rats, people who are disrupting business who “need to go” - the Zips would also bring in more money due to their fear if you cross them and their successfulness in drugs, gambling, truck hijacking, loan shanking

I agree bringing more in would help the families. But on the flip side, the Italian organizations are making too much money internationally. In this country they're always waiting to prosecute the next Italian. I don't know how advantageous it would be for them.

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by The_Marble_Guy
Didn't guys from Winter Hill turn down buttoms? Flemmi and Martorano

What about John Nardi? Or was he just independent?

Definitly too independent and plus Scalish decided to dont made new blood so Nardi lost the paziente and stop paying tribute in the 1960s.

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 01:38 PM

Henry Zottola refused for years to be made but when Pittsburgh was declining in numbers accepted to be made.

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by British

Well no,because the mob didnt kill anymore so to be an associate is more easy than 30 - 40 years ago and can easly made money in the shadow and avoid Rico sentences. If you are feared and respected on the streets that is enought.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by British

Well no,because the mob didnt kill anymore so to be an associate is more easy than 30 - 40 years ago and can easly made money in the shadow and avoid Rico sentences. If you are feared and respected on the streets that is enought.

A tough street kid who can handle his own is hard to come by nowadays in regards to Italian Americans. Most Italian Americans are spoiled with a silver spoon in their mouth from birth. They are not even raised in the city anymore, but in the suburbs to parents who were never in the life to begin with and were also raised in the suburbs. If I'm a mob guy and I find a guy who is from the streets and is loyal thats like finding a diamond. Thats who I want working for me and taking care of shit I don't want to deal with. For example, if someone pisses me off and tries to fuck me over I need someone who's gonna be able to take care of business and represent me well so I am feared and respected.

To be quite honest I am fucking sad for the guys who are still involved in the life. How hard it must be to run shit nowadays with no quality help anymore.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 04:03 PM

I read on here that Albie Folcarelli (Patriarca's) has turned down his button. He's done his share of prison time. Maybe he feels that he doesn't need that spotlight on him to avoid more time.

Also, there was a wiretap several years ago when Peter Limone was pinched again. A guy was overheard saying that he is going to turn down his button because he doesn't need the aggravation.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 04:19 PM

Michael Mancuso is ready to unleash a war you have never seen once he gets released from Prison.

LOL all joking aside I'm sure he has thought about doing just that.

Re: Mobsters refused to be made - 03/28/24 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by mike68
I read on here that Albie Folcarelli (Patriarca's) has turned down his button. He's done his share of prison time. Maybe he feels that he doesn't need that spotlight on him to avoid more time.

Also, there was a wiretap several years ago when Peter Limone was pinched again. A guy was overheard saying that he is going to turn down his button because he doesn't need the aggravation.

Yes Albie turned it down
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET