Home

Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa

Posted By: NYMafia

Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/08/20 09:31 PM

Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa

One of the lower-keyed mafiosi who operated for many decades in North New Jersey was Peter La Placa.

Known by his nickname of Lodi Pete, he had a well-earned reputation as a reputed top “worker” for the Genovese Family, a hood with many notches under his belt.

Here is his life story....

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/peter-lodi-pete-la-placa

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/08/20 11:51 PM

The State of New Jersey and the Vito Genovese mob went together like "Olive Oil and fresh Garlic"..... they were a natural together.
Posted By: Njein

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/09/20 12:47 AM

Olive Oil and fresh Garlic...lol!

Like how Williamsburg, Castellammare del Golfo, and Montreal went together like "cheese, peanut butter and jelly" for the Bonannos.
Posted By: JC

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/09/20 02:49 AM

Awesome article, from what I always understood after LaPlaca passed away his crew was split between Tino Fiumara and Gatto. Gatto got the Bergen County operations and Tino got the waterfront rackets.

Do you know what ever happened to his son?

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/09/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by JC
Awesome article, from what I always understood after LaPlaca passed away his crew was split between Tino Fiumara and Gatto. Gatto got the Bergen County operations and Tino got the waterfront rackets.

Do you know what ever happened to his son?

We don't hear anything from the son after the dad passed. Either he died young, or just kept his head low. I also think on occasion the father and son were misidentified for each other because of their nearly exact names. Peter Dominick, and Dominick Peter.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/09/20 01:07 PM

When researching LaPlaca, you guys will notice many other guys mentioned, specifically John “ Duke “ DeNoia and a tavern many wiseguys frequented. Its was called Dukes Tavern ( owned by DeNoia) and it was located in Cliffside Park NJ. Cliffside was very Italian at one time, up until the mid 90’s.
LaPlaca lived in Clifton as did many other mob guys including “Tony Pro.”

Re: Peter (Lodi Pete) La Placa - 10/09/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
When researching LaPlaca, you guys will notice many other guys mentioned, specifically John “ Duke “ DeNoia and a tavern many wiseguys frequented. Its was called Dukes Tavern ( owned by DeNoia) and it was located in Cliffside Park NJ. Cliffside was very Italian at one time, up until the mid 90’s.
LaPlaca lived in Clifton as did many other mob guys including “Tony Pro.”

Yes, I'm aware of Duke's. I actually included the place and DeNoia himself in LaPlaca's bio. It was essentially the Genovese NJ headquarters for many years. Willie Moretti, Vito, Gyp, Tony Bender, etc., all frequented the joint. Its also were Joe Valachi had a "table" over hitting Frank Luciano if I'm not mistaken.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET