Home

Sonny Black is a Man's Man

Posted By: Madonn

Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/09/20 09:00 PM

When I first heard about Sonny Black's death story I got emotional. Imagine being called to a sitdown despite knowing that you're going to get whacked, and still do it. Would any of us do that? I don't know how reliable this particular story is is but one of the wiseguys pushed Sonny Black down the stairway and pulled the trigger but the gun jammed. Sonny Black reacted by saying "make it good this time" something along those lines.

How reliable is that story? You know any stories about wiseguys going to their death like Sonny?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/09/20 09:26 PM

One of the shooters that killed Sonny was Bonanno Capo Frank Lino,who later became an informant Also present was Frank Coppa. (who later became the 1st Bonanno made guy to flip). They both testified as to the circumstances of the hit. There is some controversy as to whether the body generally thought to be Sonny was properly ID'd. According to Coppa they used a caliber of ammunition that differed from what the ME said Sonny was shot with.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/09/20 10:11 PM

Johnny Keys Simone in 1980. Sammy Gravano goes into great detail about it in his book. But short version is that Paul ordered Sammy to kill Simone since he was involved in Bruno’s assasination. Sammy and his guys tricked Simone under the impression that they were on his side but instead detained him for execution. According to Gravano he had a lot of respect for Simone because instead of trying to beg for his life he accepted his death with one condition...he would be killed by a made guy and have his shoes removed
Posted By: TheDon1999

Re: Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/09/20 11:47 PM

Lino & Coppa are still alive today. Ask them.

Does anyone know what Coppa was facing? I did a quick search. It said Coppa turned informer in 2002, sentenced to 7 years for fraud... and despite that he was indicted AGAIN for extortion.

If Coppa pleaded guility, maybe given 20-year sentence, he would probably be out in 2012 (10 years) or 2017 (15 years) .. he would not only be alive today but the Bonanno family would still be intact.

I was thinking about Massino the other day. It's all about what you're willing to sacrifice. The death penalty execution is relatively painless via lethal injection. We are all going to die and go through some sort of pain. This is another example of Americans getting too comfortable. Honour, loyalty etc really means nothing when you're living the good life and literally getting away with dozens of murders for 40 years. Massino thought he was untouchable and he turned fake because he was too comfortable and enjoyed it.
Posted By: mchang93

Re: Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/18/20 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by TheDon1999
Lino & Coppa are still alive today. Ask them.

Does anyone know what Coppa was facing? I did a quick search. It said Coppa turned informer in 2002, sentenced to 7 years for fraud... and despite that he was indicted AGAIN for extortion.

If Coppa pleaded guility, maybe given 20-year sentence, he would probably be out in 2012 (10 years) or 2017 (15 years) .. he would not only be alive today but the Bonanno family would still be intact.

I was thinking about Massino the other day. It's all about what you're willing to sacrifice. The death penalty execution is relatively painless via lethal injection. We are all going to die and go through some sort of pain. This is another example of Americans getting too comfortable. Honour, loyalty etc really means nothing when you're living the good life and literally getting away with dozens of murders for 40 years. Massino thought he was untouchable and he turned fake because he was too comfortable and enjoyed it.

No bullshit. Well said
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Sonny Black is a Man's Man - 02/18/20 08:42 AM

Frank Lino was one of the shooters in the basement of Ron The Monkey Man's house. Frank Coppa was upstairs with Stefano Cannone, Cannone stopped Coppa from going downstairs and pushed Sonny Black down the steps to the basement.
I think the feds had more on Coppa, then we know about.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET