Home

Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano

Posted By: JCrusher

Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 08/31/19 02:51 PM

I always try to bring up mobsters who arent talked about as much but were pretty significant in mob circles. Fat Andy was a longtime Gambino capo who operated a pretty strong crew in NY and later in Florida with some other Gambino mobsters like Tommy Agro. One interesting thing about Ruggiano that I found out not too long was that he was John Gotti's sponsor when Gotti was inducted in late October 1977. He also had a mean streak too. After he went to prison in the early 90s Frank Boccia pushed his wife down a flight of stairs and Fat Andy ordered him to be brutally killed, which he was. I think his son later became an informant. Interested to hear other facts about Ruggiano that others may have
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 08/31/19 04:03 PM

I might be waaaay off but I think he was one of the guys Deniro hung around with for his role in Analyze this and was possibly the same fat Andy that lou eppolito played in Goodfellas.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 08/31/19 05:11 PM

Yaeh lcn bio guy wrote since neil delacroce sponcerd lenny dimaria and nick corrozo who were in fat andys crew while john gotti was still in prison he as a favor probaly had a spot and got Gotti in. Maybe he had extra spots in his crew were as gottis capo fatico already had gene and abunch of others made. Guess andy was released in the 90tys and went back to work in the family but mostly in florida as he was old

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 08/31/19 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
Yaeh lcn bio guy wrote since neil delacroce sponcerd lenny dimaria and nick corrozo who were in fat andys crew while john gotti was still in prison he as a favor probaly had a spot and got Gotti in. Maybe he had extra spots in his crew were as gottis capo fatico already had gene and abunch of others made. Guess andy was released in the 90tys and went back to work in the family but mostly in florida as he was old

Thats correct. I think after Gene Gotti's induction there was an issue over that. Originally Ruggiano wasnt gonna propose any of his guys.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 12:06 AM

There's a book called "The Witness: A Tale of the Life and Death of a Mafia Madman" by Robert Borelli. It's mainly about him being a drug addict, but he was also an associate of Fat Andy Ruggiano and later Nicky Corrozo. It has a bit of insight into those crews.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 09:34 AM

[Linked Image]

Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano and Robert DeNiro

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 02:12 PM

furio any date on the picture wit deniro? i wonder if its after he got out of prison in the 90tys. he looked im good shape if it was

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 02:13 PM

i mean he was a capoway back in the 70tys i wonder why he didnt get a bump into a higher position after sammy the bull flipped. alsdo i never heard sammy the bull mention fat andy, they must have never done business
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 03:15 PM

furio any date on the picture wit deniro? i wonder if its after he got out of prison in the 90tys. he looked im good shape if it was

it was taken during the filming of Analyze This I believe.

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
[Linked Image]

Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano and Robert DeNiro

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/de-niro-analyzed-goodfella-role-article-1.376638%3foutputType=amp

Robert De Niro(c) poses inside his trailer with the late mob boss Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano (r) for research on his role.

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 06:24 PM

Did alittle search he would be 93today according to bop. He died in 99. He was let free in 1997 so this picture happend between 97-99

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 06:25 PM

Looks like he was healthy anuff to jump back in the life and probaly was if he was mingling with deniro. Probaly somewhere in Manhattan

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 06:26 PM

Wonder what his position was when he died. Mikey scars could probaly give insight

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 06:35 PM

Did alittle search he would be 93today according to bop. He died in 99. He was let free in 1997 so this picture happend between 97-99

Yeah he died in 99. Analyze This came out in 99 but filmed in 98

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 07:03 PM

So he died age 73. Probaly suddenly.

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/01/19 07:05 PM

Must have been made back in the 50tys.

Re: Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano - 09/02/19 08:03 AM

Ru
Must have been made back in the 50tys.