Home

Tony Nap

Posted By: Jshov31

Tony Nap - 05/09/19 05:50 PM

I’m sure a lot of you know he died a few days ago. I’m just wondering why nobody on here seemed to care. No judgement, just wondering. Usually if anybody associated with LCN jaywalks it ends up on here.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 05:57 PM

Probably because he has a big mouth.

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 06:01 PM

I don’t disagree. Just surprised nobody brought it up.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 06:07 PM

was he the guy in the sonny franzese recent interviews? seemed nice his father was the genovese numbers kingpin if its that guy? his father was fat tonys buddy
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 06:35 PM

I didn’t hear about it until reading just now in this thread.

I read his book. I always wondered why he never once mentioned his brother Rocco who was also involved in the life. Makes me think they didn’t get along or had a falling out or something or maybe he just didn’t mention him out of respect because he’s still alive.

There was supposed to be a documentary about Rocco and his father Jimmy Nap that hasn’t come out yet. There is a trailer for it on YouTube.

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

I read his book. I always wondered why he never once mentioned his brother Rocco who was also involved in the life. Makes me think they didn’t get along or had a falling out or something or maybe he just didn’t mention him out of respect because he’s still alive.

There was supposed to be a documentary about Rocco and his father Jimmy Nap that hasn’t come out yet. There is a trailer for it on YouTube.

I never read the book but I definitely will now. Thanks.

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jshov31

I never read the book but I definitely will now. Thanks.

It’s not a bad read. It can be self serving at times like most mob books but he also doesn’t hide how big of a screw up he was either.
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 10:05 PM

was Rocco acquitted in the Gene and John Gotti attempted murder plot trial that Bobby Manna went down for?

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte

was Rocco acquitted in the Gene and John Gotti attempted murder plot trial that Bobby Manna went down for?

Yes Rocco was acquitted

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/06/27/nyregion/3-mobsters-found-guilty-of-plotting-to-kill-gotti.html
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Tony Nap - 05/09/19 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte

Yes Rocco was acquitted

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/06/27/nyregion/3-mobsters-found-guilty-of-plotting-to-kill-gotti.html

I thought I remembered a Rocco Napoli being acquitted in that trial but never put two and two together till today lol
Posted By: pmac

Re: Tony Nap - 05/10/19 12:25 AM

so again who is tony nap? is he the guy always doing interviews his dad was a big westside bookie around fat tony/

Re: Tony Nap - 05/10/19 12:56 AM

His father was one of the biggest earners in LCN history. Huge money, very respected. At least 3, maybe 4 Napoli’s from that family were made.

Re: Tony Nap - 05/10/19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jshov31
His father was one of the biggest earners in LCN history. Huge money, very respected. At least 3, maybe 4 Napoli’s from that family were made.

Who else was made from that family? Tony Nap was never made. Not exactly 100% sure about Rocco but I think he was just an associate in one of the Jersey crews. Who else is there?
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Tony Nap - 05/10/19 02:17 AM

This guy one of them

Attached picture IMG_7681.jpg
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Tony Nap - 05/10/19 06:18 AM

Thanks for the news Jshov31

I've read his book too. There's a lot of creative licence and made up dialogue, but IIRC he said he put that in to make it more entertaining. It still provides some good info about his father Jimmy Nap who I was very interested in, so I enjoyed it.

RIP
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET