Home

Have u ever met a mobster?

Posted By: Zero6245

Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/19/18 09:21 PM

Feel free to share a story about meeting a member of organized crime. Me personally, ive never actually met a mobster. However ik someone who worked at a restaurant once owned by john gambino. And my father once met colombo soldier mike sessa at a wedding in the 1980’s. I was told that john gambino was nice and barely spoke any english at the time, and that mike sessa was very quite.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/19/18 09:50 PM

Easyest way to answer your question would be for you to look up some of my old posts under The LaRocca Family in Pittsburgh.
Posted By: Ravens410

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/19/18 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zero6245
Feel free to share a story about meeting a member of organized crime. Me personally, ive never actually met a mobster. However ik someone who worked at a restaurant once owned by john gambino. And my father once met colombo soldier mike sessa at a wedding in the 1980’s. I was told that john gambino was nice and barely spoke any english at the time, and that mike sessa was very quite.

I met John Gotti and oh boy was he handsome!
Posted By: downtown

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 12:32 PM

About 1 month ago I shook hands with a made guy who came home after doing 27 years , knew him back in the late 70s early 80s. he went in in the 90s. came out a couple years ago. Told me his Parole Officer follows him all the time. I hope that I 'am not a "Associate " now !
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 01:29 PM

I've met and seen quite a few over the years. I saw Sonny Franzese at a restaurant in Little Italy many, many years ago. He had a whole bunch of wiseguys and wannabes in tow. That actor who played Phil Leotardo on the Sopranos was with him.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 02:10 PM

I know whole bunch of organized crime members in my country.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 02:17 PM

I know someone with the word "gangster" tattooed on his stomach. A distinctive mark that helped police identify him after he took off his top and assaulted a couple of strangers one night.

He probably wouldn't make the cut with the Genovese crime family.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I know someone with the word "gangster" tattooed on his stomach. A distinctive mark that helped police identify him after he took off his top and assaulted a couple of strangers one night.

He probably wouldn't make the cut with the Genovese crime family.

Lol
Posted By: OurThing

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
I've met and seen quite a few over the years. I saw Sonny Franzese at a restaurant in Little Italy many, many years ago. He had a whole bunch of wiseguys and wannabes in tow. That actor who played Phil Leotardo on the Sopranos was with him.

RIP Frank Vincent. frown
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 05:14 PM

I look in the mirror every morning. grin
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/20/18 06:14 PM

Met one when i was a kid as an altar boy. I served a funeral mass for a relative of his. Back then when you served a funeral or a wedding or a funeral the family would give you some money(not much maybe 5 dollars each or 10 if you were lucky. This guy came to the back and thanked my friend and i personally and gave us 100 each. This was like 30 years ago so that was a lot. We were later told he was in the mafia and the way he dressed and spoke we knew he was.
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/21/18 04:33 AM

I met Turkish oc once apart from that when I was a kid I was involved with this or witnessed should I say - https://www.scotsman.com/news/dealer-is-told-to-pay-back-163-190k-1-1244012
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/21/18 05:45 AM

Look up old posts.....I wrote 1 a yr. or so ago about Tory Scafidi...lots of members here have but were not going 2 replay an old post sonny.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/21/18 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Look up old posts.....I wrote 1 a yr. or so ago about Tory Scafidi...lots of members here have but were not going 2 replay an old post sonny.

And I used 2 "just kinda know" some fellows but I'm def not going into that...
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/21/18 10:31 AM

If you define mobster as "someone involved in crime on an above average organized scale", yeah I've met and known a couple. I think most who got any interest in this topic have. That being said I've come across way more lowlife petty scumbags than actual "mobsters".
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/21/18 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
If you define mobster as "someone involved in crime on an above average organized scale", yeah I've met and known a couple. I think most who got any interest in this topic have. That being said I've come across way more lowlife petty scumbags than actual "mobsters".

Most of the local pubs here were full of 'penose' on anyday or you will see them at the amateur football clubs.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/22/18 02:28 PM

In my media role (my job) I worked directly with Michael Franzese for a day. He was nice.

It seems to me that Italian gangsters - and their Catholicism? - makes them far nicer than many OC criminals and gangsters.

Some OC organizations are nothing more than animals or gorillas who only understand pain and violence. By comparison, the Italians seem to 'keep their cool' and fly beneath the radar or underneath the cover of darkness entirely.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/22/18 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Most of the local pubs here were full of 'penose' on anyday or you will see them at the amateur football clubs.

I live close to both the North Brabant and Limburg provinces. There's definitely a few faces from those places as well as from South Holland that settle down in my region from time to time. They're always on the move though.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/22/18 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by night_timer
It seems to me that Italian gangsters - and their Catholicism? - makes them far nicer than many OC criminals and gangsters.

Some OC organizations are nothing more than animals or gorillas who only understand pain and violence. By comparison, the Italians seem to 'keep their cool' and fly beneath the radar or underneath the cover of darkness entirely.

That's just a thought. It isn't rare to come across a career criminal - regardless of ethnicity or background - that acts amicable. Many, especially the reasonably "successful" ones, are polite enough. Until you give them a reason not to be polite, which doesn't even mean that you disrespected them. If you can be useful in any way, but you don't allow your usefulness to be easily exploited, the perceived politeness can quickly make way for some less pleasant tendencies. Things like these only really happen when you're in too deep with them already; casual talk won't get this far.
Italian gangsters aren't any different from any other kind of gangsters and can turn savage as quick as the other.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/23/18 10:03 PM

I Grew up in Gravesend, Lived in Bensonhurst and Canarsie..Business in Howard Beach and Ozone Park..Don't know anyone...LOL..
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/24/18 12:47 PM

I got flipped off by johnny chang does that count?lol
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/24/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyballs211

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/25/18 07:51 PM

That's just a thought. It isn't rare to come across a career criminal - regardless of ethnicity or background - that acts amicable. Many, especially the reasonably "successful" ones, are polite enough. Until you give them a reason not to be polite, which doesn't even mean that you disrespected them. If you can be useful in any way, but you don't allow your usefulness to be easily exploited, the perceived politeness can quickly make way for some less pleasant tendencies. Things like these only really happen when you're in too deep with them already; casual talk won't get this far.
Italian gangsters aren't any different from any other kind of gangsters and can turn savage as quick as the other.

If you think an Irish Traveller is being friendly to you then they are probably scoping you out and seeing if/how they can scam you. I'm sure it's the same with other criminals. Always thinking about the next con.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/25/18 07:52 PM

Whenever I'm watching the Philly related videos I'm struck by how easy it is to get footage of these guys standing around outside their haunts. It's like they have nothing better to do than stand around mean mugging people while all the other adults are at work. It's kind of sad in a way.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/25/18 10:31 PM

Whenever I'm watching the Philly related videos I'm struck by how easy it is to get footage of these guys standing around outside their haunts. It's like they have nothing better to do than stand around mean mugging people while all the other adults are at work. It's kind of sad in a way.

They have no human class whatsoever

That's how they still let merlino be their boss

They look pretty much like a streetgang or biker gang
Posted By: jace

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 02:54 AM

What!!! The thread is about meeting mobsters, you jump in with biased opinion. Mugging people? I mean, they are in front of a club, and FBI is sipping away with cameras.
If you are on the street with a friend talking, and people were paid to take your picture every day, your picture would be taken. Have you ever met a mobster? No, you just wwant to vent and preach. It got tiresome long ago.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:43 AM

I said MEAN MUGGING. Not mugging. Learn to read.

A bunch of overweight adult white men standing outside social clubs, cafes and restaurants glaring at passersby during the middle of the day, when they should be working, is kind of pathetic.

Do catch up.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 01:22 PM

If you think an Irish Traveller is being friendly to you then they are probably scoping you out and seeing if/how they can scam you. I'm sure it's the same with other criminals. Always thinking about the next con.

Irish Travellers run some of the most moronic scams in existence. A year ago I was at a gas station and there were two relatively young Irish guys in a van asking EVERYONE who stopped at the gas station for whatever money they had because they missed the boat and weren't able to pay for their trip back to Ireland and blablablabla. Most people aren't all that streetwise and they ended up giving them a bill of 5 euros or 10 euros. They were very friendly, in a pleading way, while asking for the money, but when someone gave them money, they just took it, turned around without a single "thank you" and immediately went on to the next person.
I told them to fuck off. Which they thankfully did without much of a problem.

These kind of low level petty scams are a nuisance to everybody. I'd say that the vast majority of higher echelon criminals are rarely a personal nuisance to the average civilian - exceptions do exist of course and when there are "conflicting business interests" it's best to play ball if you want to avoid a bad outcome. Though most people that are sucked dry by them are those that are, even in the slightest way, connected to "The Game" themselves. Now these aren't necessarily serious gangsters themselves. They can be regular businessmen that asked them for a favor in the past - everybody knows they don't do favors for free and this means that they'll stick to you like a glue and once you're into deep there's no way back. You have to be very careful about l how far you're willing to go with them; a sporadic greeting isn't a problem, but once you give them the impression you owe them something, it's often too late to rewind.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 01:48 PM

A lot of their scams are pretty moronic but not all of them. Credit where it's due: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...lty-of-60-million-rhino-horn-thefts.html

I knew a guy who bought a state of the art TV from them in a car park outside a petrol station. After they all leave, he opens the box containing the TV and there's a massive hole in the middle of the screen.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 03:02 PM

A lot of their scams are pretty moronic but not all of them. Credit where it's due: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...lty-of-60-million-rhino-horn-thefts.html

I knew a guy who bought a state of the art TV from them in a car park outside a petrol station. After they all leave, he opens the box containing the TV and there's a massive hole in the middle of the screen.

Yeah that theft was all over the news. Most of the time you hear about Travellers it's mostly some annoying home renovation scam.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 03:10 PM

When it comes to criminals, Travellers are unique in the sense that a lot of the time they primarily target old people with such scams. They are ruthless in targeting the most vulnerable segments of society.

They've been in the news a lot in Australia with these home renovation scams.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 04:01 PM

When it comes to criminals, Travellers are unique in the sense that a lot of the time they primarily target old people with such scams. They are ruthless in targeting the most vulnerable segments of society.

They've been in the news a lot in Australia with these home renovation scams.

Yep, same here. Even though it seems to have cooled down as compared to 3 years ago. These kind of scams are definitely their trademark, no one else seems to pull them off.

Regarding crime, they're a completely different breed from the Dutch travellers ("woonwagenbewoners" / "kampers") - since the Dutch are more associated with traditional organized crime: large scale drug trafficking, gunrunning, fencing, extortion (mostly regarding other drug traffickers and money launderers), buying up brothels...
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:19 PM

Same here with the travellers. I’ve been approached with the tv scam but as soon as I heard the accent I knew it was bs lol not that I would ever buy an expensive tv from a guy hanging out his van in a shopping centre car park.. They also focus on old people and renovating their drives. They charge a fortune for a very minor job and effectively threaten and bully the old person into paying more and more. Very common all over the uk, always have been doing this and always will. They go to jail for it then do it again as soon as they come out. Horrid way to make a living by taking advantage of the vulnerable

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:28 PM

I always feel on edge around travellers with every interaction. Even when it comes to lending them a lighter or giving them a cigarette. It's always an intense experience lol.

I wouldn't like to be a shop attendant serving them. Crowding and confusing shop staff is something else they like to do.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:38 PM

Agreed. It’s a crazy thing really. If an area has a camp site property values decline really quickly. The bigger the site the more the prices decrease. In that area crime (mainly burglaries and fly tipping) will go up almost immediately.

(I can only comment on experience and fact. I have no prejudice towards them at all)

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:39 PM

And your scenario in the 2nd paragraph could make a brilliant comedy sketch FYI haha

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/26/18 11:49 PM

I always feel on edge around travellers with every interaction. Even when it comes to lending them a lighter or giving them a cigarette. It's always an intense experience lol.

I wouldn't like to be a shop attendant serving them. Crowding and confusing shop staff is something else they like to do.

Pubs in Ireland would often ban Travellers, but not all Gypsies are bad.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 01:16 AM

A bunch of overweight adult white men standing outside social clubs, cafes and restaurants glaring at passersby during the middle of the day, when they should be working, is kind of pathetic.

Do catch up.

No, you catch up, and stop preaching If we wanted a sermon we'd be at a church. You call people scum bags and other names every topic on here, we've heard you every time, it got tired long ago.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by jace

Do catch up.

No, you catch up, and stop preaching If we wanted a sermon we'd be at a church. You call people scum bags and other names every topic on here, we've heard you every time, it got tired long ago.

Moe is one of the better posters on here. I didnt see any "preaching" to be honest. To be fair his description of most of these mob is pretty accurate

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 01:41 AM

Regarding crime, they're a completely different breed from the Dutch travellers ("woonwagenbewoners" / "kampers") - since the Dutch are more associated with traditional organized crime: large scale drug trafficking, gunrunning, fencing, extortion (mostly regarding other drug traffickers and money launderers), buying up brothels...

Dutch travellers do have a bad name, but they love André Hazes. grin

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by JCrusher

Do catch up.

Moe is one of the better posters on here. I didnt see any "preaching" to be honest. To be fair his description of most of these mob is pretty accurate

That is because you preach along with him most of the time. It's why you are weighing in now. Moe and you can't stand anything that might be taken as a positive regarding a mobster or non-OC criminal, and jump all over anyone saying there is another side in some cases. Moe just does it every day, you spread it out. Moe is the worst poster on here.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 02:19 AM

Do catch up.

That is because you preach along with him most of the time. It's why you are weighing in now. Moe and you can't stand anything that might be taken as a positive regarding a mobster or non-OC criminal, and jump all over anyone saying there is another side in some cases. Moe just does it every day, you spread it out. Moe is the worst poster on here.

i dont preach at all. I enjoy discussing mob history but that doesnr mean im not allowed to be critical of criminals. I remember you pulled this same crap with me a few months ago so i ignored your posts because i dont like arguing about nonsense.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 02:27 AM

[/quote] Moe is one of the better posters on here. I didnt see any "preaching" to be honest. To be fair his description of most of these mob is pretty accurate
[/quote]

[/quote] i dont preach at all. I enjoy discussing mob history but that doesnr mean im not allowed to be critical of criminals. I remember you pulled this same crap with me a few months ago so i ignored your posts because i dont like arguing about nonsense.
[/quote]

I di dont "pull" anything a few months ago. If a person is annoying with their holier than thou high horse act it gets annoying. You say you don't like arguing but you just started one.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 02:55 AM

Haha
Posted By: SC

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 07:32 AM

Moe is the worst poster on here.

Please keep your rate-a-member scoring to yourself.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 10:15 AM

André Hazes rules lol
Dutch travellers have a bit of a bad name when it comes to organized crime and there are these stories around about police not daring to venture into their area etc... but to be honest there's quite a few of them who live in the Belgian border towns and I never had a problem with them. There's a couple of them that go to the gym I work out and they've always been cool. They're not into the scams of the Irish Travellers and they aren't a public nuisance like a disproportionate amount of the Eastern European Roma gypsies are (petty theft, burgling and robbing old people, breaking and entering homes...).
Posted By: PhillyGuys

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 07:32 PM

All of the guys from Philly. Some guys from up North
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 11:01 PM

Yes, when I was a teenager I was a bus boy at the Italian Restaurant across the street from my house. It was a front business. One of the guys involved in owning it was a low level gangster, I would be surprised if he was made. But it was an obvious front business, guys coming to play cards during the Super Bowl party and not watching the game shit like that.

One night I was in there working, and an old gentleman in a fedora and a long coat came in. Everybody stopped to say hello to him. He had some awesome homemade bread that I got a couple of pieces of. It was delicious. Anyway, he gets a prime seat at the bar, we're told he's priority customer #1. He was an old timer. I would be surprised if he wasn't a made guy.

That's my story.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/27/18 11:50 PM

Moe is one of the better posters on here. I didnt see any "preaching" to be honest. To be fair his description of most of these mob is pretty accurate..

The man is an acquired taste but I like Moe a lot, regardless of any preaching or not..

I've accepted that part of him, he could turn into Moel Osteen and I'd still be cool with him..
Posted By: pmac

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/28/18 12:06 AM

Is the great tyson fury a gypsy traveler? Hes nuts i think hes fighting donte fowler in vegas soon. I might pay for that shit(yaeh rite i'll find a illegal stream somewhere on the web or kodi)
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/28/18 11:11 AM

Think you mean Deontay Wildler pmac, Wilder is going to whoop that ass too

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 08/28/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
Is the great tyson fury a gypsy traveler? Hes nuts i think hes fighting donte fowler in vegas soon. I might pay for that shit(yaeh rite i'll find a illegal stream somewhere on the web or kodi)

The Fury´s are all involved in boxing and related to Bartley Gorman aka the King of the Gypsies.
Posted By: 2a

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/05/18 01:28 PM

I've got a few questions for those who have met actual mobsters and/or gangsters :

1. How and where did you meet said individual ( s ) ?

2. How did you know and/or find out that they were mobsters or gangsters ?

3. Did said individual ( s) talk about or hint at their status as members of organized crime groups ?
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/05/18 04:37 PM

I met the bank robber/rat Dodds involved in this case, he was visiting his daughter and told me he was born in Chicago and boxed growing up. So of course my first question was had he ever been around any mob guys. Anyway he told me to see if I could find anything about the murder of a Kansas City informant during 1990. When I saw him later that day and asked him questions about the case he was more than surprised that I found out so much so fast.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-8th-circuit/1136769.html

Don't run across many NE OC figures in Arkansas. Been around plenty of people involved in crime in my life but this is the closest I've come to a Mafia connected criminal.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/05/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2a

I've got a few questions for those who have met actual mobsters and/or gangsters :

3. Did said individual ( s) talk about or hint at their status as members of organized crime groups ?

You do realize these are questions a Fed would ask..By the way You don't walk up and ask them..Lol...and they don't discuss #3.
Posted By: FriendoftheFamily

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/05/18 06:38 PM

YES
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/05/18 06:46 PM

There are guys on here who have. My first encounter was really young, later especially my teen years, I met many from from out of state.

2a I will humor you on a pair.
1. At a family wake.
2. The uncle was arrested three years before in connections with a crime family. The nephew at the wake.
3. The uncle said he was "retiring", and putting his nephew up to the "vote".

Wasn't in Califonia by the way, and his own son was pissed. The son was never made.
Posted By: 2a

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/06/18 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Beenaround
Originally Posted by 2a

You do realize these are questions a Fed would ask..By the way You don't walk up and ask them..Lol...and they don't discuss #3.

Oh don't get me wrong , I definitely don't want anyone to incriminate themselves , but many posters on this thread ( and others) have stated somewhat incriminating things about themselves so it's not like my questions would result in charges being pressed or anything like that .

FWIW I actually knew lots of professional criminals in my teenage days , but I wouldn't call them gangsters , which is why I haven't written about them in this thread . I'm probably gonna be starting up a thread about this particular ( as I like to call it ) " Czech Outlaw Crime Network " in the future though .

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/06/18 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

Oh don't get me wrong , I definitely don't want anyone to incriminate themselves , but many posters on this thread ( and others) have stated somewhat incriminating things about themselves so it's not like my questions would result in charges being pressed or anything like that .

FWIW I actually knew lots of professional criminals in my teenage days , but I wouldn't call them gangsters , which is why I haven't written about them in this thread . I'm probably gonna be starting up a thread about this particular ( as I like to call it ) " Czech Outlaw Crime Network " in the future though .

I can answer all your questions..but Honestly I'm Here to input information if I know it ..I Grew up in Gravesend, lived in Besonhurst, Canarsie and owned a Business in Ozone Park and Howard Beach ...To your Question #3...Nobody ever discussed status or affiliations. If you did, then You're a Nobody important.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/06/18 09:27 PM

Am I the only one here who finds it weird that people are constantly talking about where Joey Merlino or Dom Grande spent their summers or who's hanging at what social club like mob paparazzi, or bragging about their insider knowledge, yet the same people will get all flustered about a poster who supposedly comes across as a fed asking suspicious questions?

It's a weird dichotomy.

If I was a Fed the way there is another, more cerebral way, of phishing for info. One that is less obvious. They have a lot more access to, and knowledge of these guys, than anybody here. They could easily portray themselves as a mob aficionado Joe Shmoe while seeking to corroborate, or expand, info they are already privy to. These guys aren't idiots!

Another thing - there are guys who are described as legitimate named and brought up on this site on a fairly regular basis and if I was in their shoes, and if I was truly legitimate (people have a way of distorting that term), I wouldn't be delighted to have my name brought up on a website like this and associated with known felons! If they are truly legitimate that is!

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/06/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

I can answer all your questions..but Honestly I'm Here to input information if I know it ..I Grew up in Gravesend, lived in Besonhurst, Canarsie and owned a Business in Ozone Park and Howard Beach ...To your Question #3...Nobody ever discussed status or affiliations. If you did, then You're a Nobody important.

Damn you lived in a lot of mafia populated areas dude. You must have a lot of good stories growing up
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/06/18 10:49 PM

Am I the only one here who finds it weird that people are constantly talking about where Joey Merlino or Dom Grande spent their summers or who's hanging at what social club like mob paparazzi, or bragging about their insider knowledge, yet the same people will get all flustered about a poster who supposedly comes across as a fed asking suspicious questions?

It's a weird dichotomy.

If I was a Fed the way there is another, more cerebral way, of phishing for info. One that is less obvious. They have a lot more access to, and knowledge of these guys, than anybody here. They could easily portray themselves as a mob aficionado Joe Shmoe while seeking to corroborate, or expand, info they are already privy to. These guys aren't idiots!

Another thing - there are guys who are described as legitimate named and brought up on this site on a fairly regular basis and if I was in their shoes, and if I was truly legitimate (people have a way of distorting that term), I wouldn't be delighted to have my name brought up on a website like this and associated with known felons! If they are truly legitimate that is!

Good summary Moe.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/07/18 12:04 AM

[/quote] Damn you lived in a lot of mafia populated areas dude. You must have a lot of good stories growing up
[/quote]

Yes it was VERY interesting...Some guys were great, some you stayed away from especially the ones involved in the drug rackets..There's always that fine line and you have to know the repercussions of stepping over..Sometimes easy Money isn't really Easy...You can loose a lot, especially your Family..

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/07/18 12:11 AM

It's a weird dichotomy.

Yeah Moe ,Your the only one..First off I was joking about The fed question, You did see My "LOL" after My comment. 2nd This is a Forum about the Mafia what do you want to talk about..Real Estate investments?..3rd. Don't ASSUME, ...Have a nice Day.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/08/18 01:04 AM

I can answer all your questions..but Honestly I'm Here to input information if I know it ..I Grew up in Gravesend, lived in Besonhurst, Canarsie and owned a Business in Ozone Park and Howard Beach ...To your Question #3...[b]Nobody ever discussed status or affiliations[/b]. If you did, then You're a Nobody important.

Yes it was VERY interesting...Some guys were great, some you stayed away from especially the ones involved in the drug rackets..There's always that fine line and you have to know the repercussions of stepping over.[b].Sometimes easy Money isn't really Easy.[/b]..You can loose a lot, especially your Family..

Spot on... all.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/08/18 01:18 AM

Real wiseguys probably just use the internet to check gambling sites and watch the lines. Maybe Amazon to buy tracksuits, too. They probably also make Youtube playlists of old songs.
Posted By: jcapo3

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/09/18 01:00 AM

Back around 1990, I saw Joe Butch at his Cafe Biondo, (now closed). It was around 9 at night, he was outside the door talking with a few guys. Within a few more minutes, he was picked up by his son Vincent in a Chevy Blazer. I went back the next day, late in the morning & he was sitting at a table with 2 older women.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/09/18 01:27 AM

Reading about Joe Butch. Castellano guy who got out of prison in the late 90's and showed no respect to Peter Gotti. Good for him.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/10/18 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jcapo3
Back around 1990, I saw Joe Butch at his Cafe Biondo, (now closed). It was around 9 at night, he was outside the door talking with a few guys. Within a few more minutes, he was picked up by his son Vincent in a Chevy Blazer. I went back the next day, late in the morning & he was sitting at a table with 2 older women.

Things you learn: Joe Butch is into milfs.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/13/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jcapo3

Things you learn: Joe Butch is into milfs.

Lol could have been his relatives
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/17/18 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by DuesPaid

I can answer all your questions..but Honestly I'm Here to input information if I know it ..I Grew up in Gravesend, lived in Besonhurst, Canarsie and owned a Business in Ozone Park and Howard Beach ...To your Question #3...[b]Nobody ever discussed status or affiliations[/b]. If you did, then You're a Nobody important.

Yes it was VERY interesting...Some guys were great, some you stayed away from especially the ones involved in the drug rackets..There's always that fine line and you have to know the repercussions of stepping over.[b].Sometimes easy Money isn't really Easy.[/b]..You can loose a lot, especially your Family..

Spot on... all.

I agree with everything above.

Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/17/18 02:52 AM

It's a weird dichotomy.

Yeah Moe ,Your the only one..First off I was joking about The fed question, You did see My "LOL" after My comment. 2nd This is a Forum about the Mafia what do you want to talk about..Real Estate investments?..3rd. Don't ASSUME, ...Have a nice Day.

Pretend like he is not on here

He says the stuff he says to get a rise out of people don't play into it.

He will.just go.away

Guys like him take away from the value of a board like this.

Re: Have u ever met a mobster? - 09/17/18 09:54 AM

Who asked you to stick your beak in?

You're resurrecting comments that are almost two weeks old.

Anyone would think you're trying to start some drama.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET