Home

Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst?

Posted By: JackieAprile

Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 06:24 PM

Same question as in the title.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 07:33 PM

Yes.
Bay ridge has been gentrified though and not what it once was. Benson, dyker heights, and even gravesend had a lot of clubs at one time. A lot of the action in bensonhurst moved to staten island.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 08:01 PM

I was afraid the hipsters would take over Bay Ridge at some point.

https://twitter.com/HipsterBeatings

DieHipster once drew a line across Brooklyn and dared them to cross it. Guess they crossed it.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 08:47 PM

My observations of Bay Ridge are the opposite of gentrifying. I think it's gotten more trashy, for lack of a better word. When i think of gentrification I think more whites moving in, but Bay Ridge is less white than it used to be.

86th street by Century is absolutely disgusting. 5th Avenue as well, just gross. Loads of Arabic shops, at one time they ended at about 75th street, now they come all the way up to 86th.

There are still gorgeous residential blocks between Ridge Blvd and Shore Road, with very high ticket real estate and some excellent restaurants on 3rd ave, as always, but the ethnic makeup of the place has changed dramatically.

I grew up in Dyker, went to grade school in Bay Ridge. Lived there until my early 30s. I'm still in Brooklyn about once or twice a week and we never fail to comment on how the place has changed. Had dinner at Ho'brah on 3rd and 87th just the other day, and when we parked and walked from 4th to 3rd we were shocked by all the garbage bags on the street.

Bensonhurst is practically unrecognizable. 18th avenue has Chinese storefronts all over, Bath avenue has Arabic stores everywhere, or Russian, Cropsey Ave too (although the Cropsey lounge is still there, just saw it last week). The old Deluxe theater is a giant mosque.

Shockingly, I just found out that the old Fortune Cookie chinese restaurant on 13th in Dyker has now been sold to a Puerto Rican pastor, for another branch of his church. He has a radio show or some such. That's something I could never had imagined while I was living there.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 09:35 PM

I remember bay ridge back in the day. I was there a few months ago and saw a lot of those hipster type coffee shops and stuff. Thats why i thought the whole hood was gentrified. Lots of muslims chinese, and russians all over the once italian areas of brooklyn. They do NOT keep the neighborhoods up like the italians did.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by helenwheels
My observations of Bay Ridge are the opposite of gentrifying. I think it's gotten more trashy, for lack of a better word. When i think of gentrification I think more whites moving in, but Bay Ridge is less white than it used to be.

86th street by Century is absolutely disgusting. 5th Avenue as well, just gross. Loads of Arabic shops, at one time they ended at about 75th street, now they come all the way up to 86th.

There are still gorgeous residential blocks between Ridge Blvd and Shore Road, with very high ticket real estate and some excellent restaurants on 3rd ave, as always, but the ethnic makeup of the place has changed dramatically.

I grew up in Dyker, went to grade school in Bay Ridge. Lived there until my early 30s. I'm still in Brooklyn about once or twice a week and we never fail to comment on how the place has changed. Had dinner at Ho'brah on 3rd and 87th just the other day, and when we parked and walked from 4th to 3rd we were shocked by all the garbage bags on the street.

Bensonhurst is practically unrecognizable. 18th avenue has Chinese storefronts all over, Bath avenue has Arabic stores everywhere, or Russian, Cropsey Ave too (although the Cropsey lounge is still there, just saw it last week). The old Deluxe theater is a giant mosque.

Shockingly, I just found out that the old Fortune Cookie chinese restaurant on 13th in Dyker has now been sold to a Puerto Rican pastor, for another branch of his church. He has a radio show or some such. That's something I could never had imagined while I was living there.

Hey helen, are you talking about the lucchese "cropsey lounge"? Where is it located?

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/22/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Belmont
I remember bay ridge back in the day. I was there a few months ago and saw a lot of those hipster type coffee shops and stuff. Thats why i thought the whole hood was gentrified. Lots of muslims chinese, and russians all over the once italian areas of brooklyn. They do NOT keep the neighborhoods up like the italians did.

Pet accessories stores...Cupcake stores too lol. Who needs a bakery that only makes cupcakes?

Alex, it's on Cropsey avenue near 19th avenue. Still had a bunch of cars double parked outside, just like in the old days. Some street guy bars will never die, like the Homestretch on Kings Highway

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 12:27 AM

“Pet accessories stores...Cupcake stores too lol. Who needs a bakery that only makes cupcakes? “

Lol.. you are right on the money with that!!! What is up wiith cupcake stores.. they are also into dog parks and craft stores.
Lets not forget fusion food,
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 12:45 AM

Ofc the mob still exists there. Just not as ‘local’ as it once was. What i mean is ya dont see a wiseguy on every street corner like u used to. U prob would in staten island tho. SI is so mobbed up its crazy. Back to bensonhust, there’s actully a mob social club there. Its called the banner social club and its owned by the Bonnanos.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
SI is so mobbed up its crazy. Back to bensonhust, there’s actully a mob social club there. Its called the banner social club and its owned by the Bonnanos.

Yep, and Staten Island is mostly residential which shows you that the Mob has slowly changed (maybe from the late 90's onward) from an urban into a suburban phenomenon.. You see the same movements to the suburbs with Chicago Outfit..
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 04:08 AM

Alot of Italians still in Dyker Heights
Bayridge below 3rd ave still alot of old money.

Other than that Bensonhurst a real shot hole very sad to see what is has become.

The Italians cashed out and moved away can't blame them.

Same thing that happened in little Italy.

So many bought houses for $30,000 and sold for $500, $600 $700 or more.

They took the money and bought houses with bigger living space and back yard and space from your neighbors.

Still LCN in B.K. underground now.
Alot of legit business

Persico still owns the best bagel store in Dyker, he has the limo service.
Vinnie T.V. owns a couple of Bagel stores a construction company.

Etc

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Belmont

Pet accessories stores...Cupcake stores too lol. Who needs a bakery that only makes cupcakes?

Alex, it's on Cropsey avenue near 19th avenue. Still had a bunch of cars double parked outside, just like in the old days. Some street guy bars will never die, like the Homestretch on Kings Highway

Hello again, tell me please is the lounge at the same spot where the Cadu lounge used to be? Or?

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi
SI is so mobbed up its crazy. Back to bensonhust, there’s actully a mob social club there. Its called the banner social club and its owned by the Bonnanos.

Yep, and Staten Island is mostly residential which shows you that the Mob has slowly changed (maybe from the late 90's onward) from an urban into a suburban phenomenon.. You see the same movements to the suburbs with Chicago Outfit..

Agreed, Billy. I would add that the phenomenon started as rural (in Sicily), became urban (in NYC), and now is segwaying back to rural (Italian presence in the Poconos, PA). There are a lot of variables, however, and I doubt the mob will ever fully return to its rural roots, even in Italy. The maniacal suppression of nationalism in the western world makes the notion of a "town of Italians" or "neighborhood of Italians" seem more ludicrous every day.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 08:46 PM

This thread reminds me of that episode of The Sopranos when the old lady complains to Tony about the Puerto Ricans making noise in her building (she calls them "ni**ers"). Later in the episode, Tony is on the phone with the lady from Jamba Juice, takes one look at that wretched old woman from earlier, and decides to sell out the old neighborhood right then and there.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 09:25 PM

That would make more sense in that if the old lady lived in a $2, 3 or 4 million home like the ones in Bay Ridge and Dyker Heights, as opposed to the cold water walk up flat in Newark she had on the show.

Most people don't want to spend that kind of money on a house and then hit the main shopping area 3 blocks away and see streets full of garbage and crappy chain stores. It was once a bedroom community, like a small town in the city. Now it's overcrowded and different in a way that you can't understand unless you'd experienced it before and after. I'm sure there are paralells in many large cities.

Speaking of Bay Ridge, I came across this earlier this week

True Crime Bay Ridge: On Shore Road, the First Mafia Murder in New York
https://www.heyridge.com/2018/05/tr...road-the-first-mafia-murder-in-new-york/

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 09:44 PM

The immigrants moving in today are experiencing tenfold the challenges that immigrants of centuries' past have, especially in the Zenophobic Trump era. As far as Italians keeping the neighborhood clean or whatever, they had the unique privilege of being second and third generation residents of these working class areas just as the prosperous 20th century was taking hold. Massive government spending on basic services and maintenance in working class areas like Brooklyn during the New Deal years, along with district green lining by banks were privileges that the European immigrants of the 20th century enjoyed. Not only are these privileges non existent to today's immigrants, they weren't even available in the New Deal years to people of color.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:02 PM

Bay Ridge was always a well to do area, not working class. Ditto Dyker. Its streets were lined with mansions, dating back to before the turn of the 20th century. Diamond Jim Brady had a home there, along with Lillian Russell, and many old NY blue blood families. Many of these homes are still there. Many others were built later. It wasn't primarily Italian, even 20 years ago. German, Irish, Norwegian, Lebanese, Greek, etc. all had large presences there.

It has become a working class area recently, in the last 20 years or so, full of newer immigrants, which is the point being made.

Bensonhurst is another matter. It was always immigrants, blue collar and working class. Not the same thing as Bay Ridge.

Again, if you aren't familiar with the area, you can't understand. All of Brooklyn isn't working class, and never was. It's a large city, with very diverse areas as far as wealth goes.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:20 PM

Oh, come on. You were throwing out all of the bells and whistles.

Shockingly, I just found out that the old Fortune Cookie chinese restaurant on 13th in Dyker has now been sold to a Puerto Rican pastor, for another branch of his church.

This is Trump rally material.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:24 PM

Ok kid. Whatever you say.

Seig heil, btw wink. Enjoy your day.
Posted By: DB

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:29 PM

I agree and with the suburban move and internet i think their sports gambling book has exploded in size

Will be interesting how that plays out when NJ and NY have legal sports areas

It will always be there given credit and tax ( I’m not switching outside of now hitting AC for Super Bowl and March Madness

The internet and spreading out gave them access to huge swaths of gamblers that maybe didn’t have that connect in BK

If they lose big volume in sport book in the next 5-10 years your gonna have lots of guys starving
And probably doing more small time drug dealing . Sports has kept them alive and well with access
To tons of cash to fund legit rackets or a loan book

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:34 PM

Ok kid. Whatever you say.

Seig heil, btw wink. Enjoy your day.

I'm not a kid.

And, I didn't personally insult you. I'm just challenging some of the terms you're using, which reek of zenophobia and racism.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:44 PM

It's xenophobia, btw. Unless you meant a fear of Mahayana Buddhists.

My points were probably more socio-economic than anything else, not that it matters. But you do you. I know enough not to take web conversations personally.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 10:55 PM

Sometimes I like to spell words the way they're pronounced.

My points were probably more socio-economic than anything else,

What?

I suppose anyone could fall back on this disclaimer following a bigoted tirade.

"trashy"

"less white"

"gross...Arabic"

These are some of the words you chose in your "socio-economic" observations of modern day Brooklyn.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/23/18 11:53 PM

The guy ur debating is a jerkoff. And he’s blind. Ive been to bensonhurst and bay ridge and both were gr8 experiences and the environment was very friendly. Only problem is the parking but thats always been a problem in Brooklyn. Any time a new group of people moves into an area thier unfortunately gunna be discriminated for thier culture. When italians and irish moved into Brooklyn, some bigots discriminated against them, and now the same ignorance is happening to arabs and chinese. Very unfortunate but whacha gunna do.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:03 AM

Well, one key difference is that the immigrants of the 20th century had the fortune of being alive in a time when the U.S. was in its most prosperous century. Government spending in these working and middle class white neighborhoods was an open checkbook. These areas were also green lined by banks, (as opposed to communities of color, which were mostly shut out of the opportunity to own homes and accumulate wealth through them). This is why so many Irish and Italians were able to bolt to the suburbs. I'm not even saying these communities didn't have cultures that prided themselves on organization and cleanliness, I'm just saying they had a lot of help that people of color did not.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:22 AM

The guy ur debating is a jerkoff. And he’s blind. Ive been to bensonhurst and bay ridge and both were gr8 experiences and the environment was very friendly. Only problem is the parking but thats always been a problem in Brooklyn. Any time a new group of people moves into an area thier unfortunately gunna be discriminated for thier culture. When italians and irish moved into Brooklyn, some bigots discriminated against them, and now the same ignorance is happening to arabs and chinese. Very unfortunate but whacha gunna do.

The guy is a woman. Did you just call me a jerkoff?

You can disagree with anything I've said, but don't insult me or name call.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:28 AM

Bro stop bein so ignorant. The “less white” comment pretty much just proved u were ignorant. Imagine if u were arab and u read the shit u said. Prob wouldn’t like it. And i can call u a jerkoff based off of the shit u say. If u want to act stupid and ignorant don’t expect people to not think ur a jerkoff and call u out. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:37 AM

Again, feel free to disagree with what I've said. Don't name call. It's rude, and it's against board rules.

My point about less white had to do with gentrification. The definition of gentrification is white, upper class people moving into neighborhoods that were poor and usually black or latino. That's not what happened to Bay Ridge, which is what i wrote in my post, when Belmont mentioned it had gentrified.

It's amusing being called a bigot here at GBB. Im usually being called a leftist/liberal here, so this makes for a nice change of pace.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:50 AM

Jesus Christ, I can't believe this. Helen is going through a "Roseanne" transformation right before my eyes.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:51 AM

Next I'll start posting tweets from Qanon...

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:53 AM

Again, feel free to disagree with what I've said. Don't name call. It's rude, and it's against board rules.

Well, you called me a kid, for nothing more than challenging your words. So, you really don't have the high ground here, either.

My point about less white had to do with gentrification. The definition of gentrification is white, upper class people moving into neighborhoods that were poor and usually black or latino. That's not what happened to Bay Ridge, which is what i wrote in my post, when Belmont mentioned it had gentrified.

Some of your descriptions were outright bigoted.

It's amusing being called a bigot here at GBB. Im usually being called a leftist/liberal here, so this makes for a nice change of pace.

If you normally use the kinds of descriptions you did today, I'd say "centrist" is a more accurate description of your politics. There's more than two ideologies on the spectrum.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan

Well, you called me a kid, for nothing more than challenging your words. So, you really don't have the high ground here, either.

If you normally use the kinds of descriptions you did today, I'd say "centrist" is a more accurate description of your politics. There's more than two ideologies on the spectrum.

You're comparing 'kid' to 'jerkoff'?

And yes, I'm aware that there are more than two ideologies on the political spectrum, not that our current climate seems to allow for those type of nuances.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 01:05 AM

Uh oh. This is the final phase of the Roseanne werewolf transformation. Pretending YOU'RE the victim because your words were criticized, not the people you equated to "trash".

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 01:07 AM

Lmao, where did i claim victimhood?

Tough as cement tits babe.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 01:09 AM

Your insinuation that you're not "allowed" to liken "less white", "Arabic" people to trash, when you obviously are.

It's like Roseanne saying that working class whites need a voice. oh my gawwd.....
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 04:06 AM

Bay Ridge is one of the few decent neighborhoods left in Brooklyn that can be considered "affordable" without a complete butchering of the definition of that word. So yes, it's becoming a hipster "hood. That being said, the R Train absolutely fucking sucks and it's far enough away from downtown that there's a psychological barrier. That's why it may seem "trashy" to some. It's an eclectic neighborhood that attracts a diverse crowd from various socioeconomic backgrounds. That would include LCN. How big of a piece the Italians have left in Bay Ridge I couldn't tell you, probably very little, but I can guarantee you activity persists.
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 07:09 AM

What's wrong with being "bigoted" ??

It's like Roseanne saying that working class whites need a voice. oh my gawwd....

which is outright classist of you to say

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 03:22 PM

The immigrants moving in today are experiencing tenfold the challenges that immigrants of centuries' past have, especially in the Zenophobic Trump era. As far as Italians keeping the neighborhood clean or whatever, they had the unique privilege of being second and third generation residents of these working class areas just as the prosperous 20th century was taking hold. Massive government spending on basic services and maintenance in working class areas like Brooklyn during the New Deal years, along with district green lining by banks were privileges that the European immigrants of the 20th century enjoyed. Not only are these privileges non existent to today's immigrants, they weren't even available in the New Deal years to people of color.

Are you out of your gender neutral, cultural marxist, postmodernist mind?

Off the top of my white priviledged head: Polio, Frank McCourt's 3 dead siblings (in 1940's Brooklyn, well after the New Deal), no heat in winter, no refrigeration, no health insurance,"shape up" jobs, draft riots (civil war era), race riots (every fucking weekend thereafter) and murder rates in the thousands per year (2500 shootings in NYC in 1993) compared with a couple hundred in 2018.

Now as I am familiar with social services in both NYC and Nassau, since my youth was quite likely not even close to yours, I'll tell what modern immigrants receive:

In Nassau: A free smartphone, interpretation services, hotel stays for homeless families, shelters for single men, job placement, cash assistance, SNAP benefits, alcohol/drug counseling, career counseling, legal aid, fair hearings, WIC benefits (woman with infant child), restaurant vouchers, EEOC laws, countless nonprofit resources (including some that dole out free metrocards), medicaid, medicare (including MRI's and other astronomically expensive procedures not available in previous years), and HOSPITALS THAT MUST SERVE EVERY EMERGENCY ROOM VISITOR REGARDLESS OF CITIZENSHIP OR INSURANCE STATUS (aka: free health care for those too stupid to show up at DSS).

Not to mention immigrants keep pouring in from the Soros-sphere. People run FROM oppression, not TOWARDS it.

I know you liberals you've had a rough go of things lately, what with all the Jordan Petersons and Sam Harris's running around, but please go back to your cry closet/safe space/rent controlled luxury apartment. I'll be on the bus as usual watching grown men play video games on their free phone.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 04:50 PM

Well said Flushing. I don't normally get involved in these types of postings (last time I challenged a post I was accused of being someone else, and, being from another country) but felt the need to say I agree with your posting 100%
Posted By: DB

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 07:58 PM

I disagree too that gentrification is mostly white , upper class I agree but

Imo most gentrified areas in NYC / NJ are pretty diverse with Latinos , Asians and Indians now a big

Percentage of the population along with whites . Still not many American Americans but very diverse

They all basically make $100K+ in Manhattan or Jersey City

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 08:12 PM

Figures someone would try to bring up the band aids given to immigrants today to disprove the glaring advantages that white immigrants of the 20th century enjoyed.

The fact that this person lists smart phones as their first example says it all.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/24/18 10:42 PM

Oaks take your social justice crusade somewhere else it's just pathetic at this point.
Posted By: The_Rooster

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 02:53 AM

Agreed, nausea is the only contribution he brings to the board

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 03:07 AM

It's not social justice. It's justice.
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 04:01 AM

Great post by FLUSHING up above, detailing the many benefits extended to modern-day immigrants.

As for OakAsFan's understanding of justice, it is shallow and "universalist." True justice is what you owe to generations PAST and generations FUTURE, as you pursue a shared vision of the good, handed down from generation to generation, among groups related by bonds of race, culture, religion and blood. It is not something owed to people who originate halfway across the globe, and whose only claim is that they are contemporaneous with you

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 04:10 AM

Flushing's post was not great. He's comparing band-aid benefits offered to the poor today to the extensive New Deal programs that poor whites thrived on between the 1930s and 1980s. He thinks a smart phone is as valuable as a 30 year career at a union job.

Also, you're confusing justice with nationalism.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 05:59 PM

Flushing's post was not great. He's comparing band-aid benefits offered to the poor today to the extensive New Deal programs that poor whites thrived on between the 1930s and 1980s. He thinks a smart phone is as valuable as a 30 year career at a union job.

Hey OAF, I always like your posts on the mob, very informative..
But why do you want to ram your political views in everybody's throat? It's getting very annoying..
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 10:38 PM

But why do you want to ram your political views in everybody's throat? It's getting very annoying..

OakAsFan has a right to his opinion the same as everyone. Helenwheels gave his (her?) opinion and OakAsFan responded.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

OakAsFan has a right to his opinion the same as everyone. Helenwheels gave his (her?) opinion and OakAsFan responded.

True, but the problem is that he doesn't stop. Seems like once he gets on his soapbox he just can't help himself..

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 11:38 PM

why do you want to ram your political views in everybody's throat?

You have it all wrong. I'm stopping lies from being rammed down everyone else's throats.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 11:45 PM

why do you want to ram your political views in everybody's throat?

You have it all wrong. I'm stopping lies from being rammed down everyone else's throats.

OK, didn't know you were on of those guys with a monopoly on the truth..

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/25/18 11:48 PM

OK, didn't know you were on of those guys with a monopoly on the truth.

It's not hard to be when you're arguing with right wingers (or centrists who sympathize with some of their misguided views).

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 01:14 AM

OK, didn't know you were on of those guys with a monopoly on the truth.

It's not hard to be when you're arguing with right wingers (or centrists who sympathize with some of their misguided views).

Didn't know you were such a self-righteous prick OAF..

That's why I try to stay away from politics as much as possible over here, because it rarely does any good. Just like discussions about religion. The guys who share my political views know where I stand, but I don't have the urge to blurt out those views in unrelated, non-political threads..

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 01:20 AM

Maybe you ought to review entire threads before doing some blurting of your own and placing blame where it doesn't belong.
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 02:23 AM

Immigrants have it tough?? This is why Cosa Nosa strived in America, to protect the Italians from getting screwed over. New immigrants don't need Cosa Nostra they have the government. Or let's not pretend just 50 years ago we were all greaseball wops. Italians have been discriminated against for 100s of years in America.
Posted By: python134r

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 02:55 AM

Have not been around for 15 years but affirmative, there are some street guys around, not like 30 years ago,
However, Russians and Chinese own like all the businesses on 86th Street, 18th Ave is alive last I heard........
I owned a few places on 86th both in Bay Ridge and Bath Beach from 1975 to 1990, then came the murder, death, betrayal and lies.
Then and only then I jetted, after 80 months downtime from the Eastern District of NY. @ Various BOP facilities.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 02:56 AM

Well, characters in mafia movies protected Italians from being screwed over. In real life, not so much.

And, as I've stated above, the second, third generations of Italians, along with the off spring other white immigrant groups in the mid 20th century, benefited from extensive government programs designed to form a middle class that were not as accessible to minorities, and which today's benefits are mere band aids compared to.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/26/18 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by python134r
Have not been around for 15 years but affirmative, there are some street guys around, not like 30 years ago,
However, Russians and Chinese own like all the businesses on 86th Street, 18th Ave is alive last I heard........
I owned a few places on 86th both in Bay Ridge and Bath Beach from 1975 to 1990, then came the murder, death, betrayal and lies.
Then and only then I jetted, after 80 months downtime from the Eastern District of NY. @ Various BOP facilities.

Are you yourself from Bath Beach and if you don't mind me asking how old are you sir?

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 03:09 AM

Bensonhurst used to look like a beautiful town from Italy.
You had some of the best Salumeria's and Pizzeria/Restaurants in America.
The streets were cleaned and well manicured.
Bensonhurst probably had the lowest crime rate in the country.
Almost all who lived in the neighborhood took great pride.
Italian and other nationalities as well.
Almost all Italians loved America and and believed in American values and way of life.

Today Bensonhurst is a shit hole
It looks like a ghetto neighborhood from China.

Bayridge similar story 4th and 5th ave look like neighborhoods in IRAQ or Syria

These are facts it may not sound very nice but sometimes the truth isn't always nice.

No gentrification has occurred in either neighborhood I wish it would.

The middle eastern Bodega'a are disgusting and dirty I would say about 99% of them I will not buy a sandwich or a cup of coffee.
Posted By: jace

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 04:00 AM

Well, characters in mafia movies protected Italians from being screwed over. In real life, not so much.

And, as I've stated above, the second, third generations of Italians, along with the off spring other white immigrant groups in the mid 20th century, benefited from extensive government programs designed to form a middle class that were not as accessible to minorities, and which today's benefits are mere band aids compared to.

Italians and other white ethnic groups another offspring have not benefited from these programs anywhere near to the extent that minorities have. You lie constantly, and just make stuff up as you go along.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 04:01 AM

[quote=BensonHURST]Bensonhurst used to look like a beautiful town from Italy.
You had some of the best Salumeria's and Pizzeria/Restaurants in America.
The streets were cleaned and well manicured.
Bensonhurst probably had the lowest crime rate in the country.
Almost all who lived in the neighborhood took great pride.
Italian and other nationalities as well.
Almost all Italians loved America and and believed in American values and way of life.

Today Bensonhurst is a shit hole
It looks like a ghetto neighborhood from China.

Bayridge similar story 4th and 5th ave look like neighborhoods in IRAQ or Syria

These are facts it may not sound very nice but sometimes the truth isn't always nice.

No gentrification has occurred in either neighborhood I wish it would.

The middle eastern Bodega'a are disgusting and dirty I would say about 99% of them I will not buy a sandwich or a cup of coffee.

True.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 05:40 AM

agree,

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 03:07 PM

For those of you who are unaware of how Italians were treated when we first came to this country:
Read this story below ------> 50 Lynchings of Italians.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pri.org/stories/2015-11-26/brief-history-america-s-hostility-previous-generation-mediterranean-migrants%3famp#ampshare=https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-11-26/brief-history-america-s-hostility-previous-generation-mediterranean-migrants

There was NO help given to Italians by city,state,fed agencies.

Assistance was provided by the neighborhood or community it was a disgrace and embarrasment to be a man and not be able to support your family, or to be on food stamps/welfare many who may have needed did not get because of the stigma
Posted By: Right_Pride

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 04:43 PM

Italians were treated very poorly but they never accepted a hand out and raised themselves both socially and economically with the will to succeed and make better lives for their families. They naver blamed anyone or made excuses, they just worked hard.They certainly accomplished that.
Bemsonhurst is not even a shadow of its former self. I want to cry whenever i go there.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 06:41 PM

more italian fought in WW2 than any other group

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Right_Pride
Italians were treated very poorly but they never accepted a hand out .

Nonsense.

The New Deal programs that white Americans, including Italian-Americans benefited from were a hand out.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 10:28 PM

Oak I do not know what you are talking about
Myself and my family lived through it.

I am still here in Bay Ridge Brooklyn typing this.

I am not the only one.

Where are reading what you are reading?
Please post it..

So I can un-confuse you...

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 10:36 PM

Google "The New Deal".

It was welfare. For the entire country. Following the Depression. Italian-Americans were on the teet like everyone else.

And, for the umpteenth time, the many social programs of the early-to-mid 20th century are the reason those white working class neighborhoods held up so well, including Italian neighborhoods. They had help.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 10:51 PM

Chinese are very hardworking people who keep to themselves and stay out of trouble, generally, right?

And black people, despite problems such as children growing up in single-parent families etc, grind hard.

Homogeneity isn't that healthy, or sustainable, in such an urban environment.

And surely it's obvious that the idea that a mafia presence helped keep neighborhoods pristinely safe was a myth by now.

Look at the whole John Gotti/John Favara affair. Gotti's neighbors were fucking TERRIFIED of that family.

Ask the family of Nicky Guido how they feel about it. He died because he shared a name with some degenerate lowlife FGS.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 10:54 PM

And despite all of the trouble Chinese people go through to assimilate, they still get referred to as "ghetto" and "trash" by white people complaining about their childhood neighborhoods changing.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/28/18 11:01 PM

I don't care if you're black/Asian/Latino/Italian/WASP/Irish whatever, as long as you're not a traveler or gypsy I'll give you a chance as my neighbor.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 12:33 AM

Theres a huge difference between a nationwide stimulus program instituted to save the financial viability of the country which the new deal did.. and what immigrants today are taking and taking and taking and not making any attempts to assimilate to America which every single immigrant group you spoke of from the early 20th century did...

life was just harder back then, everyone who grew up in that generation and survived are just better tougher people than us( im 32)...so can we stop w this horse shit argument... id rather hear some stories from people like Bensonhurst who lived that shit than argue over some dumbass bullet point Trevor Noah made on last nights Daily Show

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 01:14 AM

Modern day welfare is designed to save the financial viability of the country, too. If it were taken away, you'd see how chaotic things got.

The New Deal was welfare. And, Italian-Americans didn't turn it down.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 02:07 AM

And despite all of the trouble Chinese people go through to assimilate, they still get referred to as "ghetto" and "trash" by white people complaining about their childhood neighborhoods changing.

Where in the world do you get these lies from? They come in and buy up everything and toss out people form businesses by raising rents too high, then renting vacant places to their fellow Chinese. Blacks and Hispanics hate them because they reuse to hire them. They are usually very well received when they first come to an area and are a minority, it's when they become the majority that they may get criticized. You seem to have no grasp on the reality of the real circumstances.
Posted By: Ravens410

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by jace

Where in the world do you get these lies from? They come in and buy up everything and toss out people form businesses by raising rents too high, then renting vacant places to their fellow Chinese. Blacks and Hispanics hate them because they reuse to hire them. They are usually very well received when they first come to an area and are a minority, it's when they become the majority that they may get criticized. You seem to have no grasp on the reality of the real circumstances.

Don’t feed the troll.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 12:12 PM

Excellent explanation above. Did any of you ever go into the homes of some of these chinese? Not very clean. You have people all over the place, its disgusting. I do in home sales and chinese people are dirty and muslims are even worse. They own the home but man, they are dirty people. Then again, look at what they are doing to bensonhurst,

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 07:48 PM

This kind of bold entrepreneunerism is the American way. Maybe the problem is with capitalism.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/29/18 10:25 PM

And surely it's obvious that the idea that a mafia presence helped keep neighborhoods pristinely safe was a myth by now.

yes, it is, just see what are mafia dominated neighborhoods in southern italy, total shit holes for european standards

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/30/18 03:26 AM

Bensonhurst looks like a fast food Chinese restaurant
Bayridge looks like little. IRAQ

Look at the neighborhoods in China they came from
The same with the .middle East.

And Oak, WTF does this have to do with Blacks and Hispanics?
Or the great depression?
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/30/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyballs211
Theres a huge difference between a nationwide stimulus program instituted to save the financial viability of the country which the new deal did.. and what immigrants today are taking and taking and taking and not making any attempts to assimilate to America which every single immigrant group you spoke of from the early 20th century did...

life was just harder back then, everyone who grew up in that generation and survived are just better tougher people than us( im 32)...so can we stop w this horse shit argument... id rather hear some stories from people like Bensonhurst who lived that shit than argue over some dumbass bullet point Trevor Noah made on last nights Daily Show

Get ur fuckin' popcorn & sitback & enjoy the bullshit you've been missing...& welcome back mikey!!

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/30/18 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum

Get ur fuckin' popcorn & sitback & enjoy the bullshit you've been missing...& welcome back mikey!!

Si, bentornato mikey, amico mio!!!
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/30/18 08:54 PM

haha... thanks Hoodlum and Billy hope you both are doin well fellas

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by mikeyballs211

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/30/18 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Bensonhurst looks like a fast food Chinese restaurant
Bayridge looks like little. IRAQ

Look at the neighborhoods in China they came from
The same with the .middle East.

And Oak, WTF does this have to do with Blacks and Hispanics?
Or the great depression?

I'm not going to type out the entire thread for you. I'll let you play catch up on your own.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Chinese are very hardworking people who keep to themselves and stay out of trouble, generally, right?

And black people, despite problems such as children growing up in single-parent families etc, grind hard.

Homogeneity isn't that healthy, or sustainable, in such an urban environment.

Look at the whole John Gotti/John Favara affair. Gotti's neighbors were fucking TERRIFIED of that family.

Ask the family of Nicky Guido how they feel about it. He died because he shared a name with some degenerate lowlife FGS.

From all the interviews and old news stories I have seen, Gotti was liked by his neighbors, while Favara was not.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 06:06 PM

Anyone who compares immigration of today to 60,70, or 80 years ago is a dope to put it lightly. In the age of globalization and treap travel there's no reason to assimilate, or even attempt to. Immigrants today, for the most part, segregate themselves from the larger society. Maybe immigrants in the past benefited from things like the new deal, to say they had it better than the immigrants of today is debatable. The pro immigrant people ignore the negative effects of the countries open borders. Tens of millions of immigrants today work under the table and don't pay taxes while they collect welfare because of their kids, free healthcare, section 8 housing , public schools, etc. We're living in a rapidly changing technological age, while allowing tens of millions unskilled people, if that's not a stupid fucking policy I don't know what is. It's not doctors and engineers coming to the US, but the illiterate and unskilled.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 09:07 PM

This Oak character is just playing a fox-in-the-henhouse routine, assuming that we are all knuckle dragging imbeciles in dire need of education. (note: If oak had a formal education, it's likely we paid for it, and he is still paying it back while working as a Williamsburg cheese consultant)

So we've covered the immediate needs that immigrants are granted and he keeps bouncing back to the New Deal. Fine. So let's talk about societies general improvements that don't show up at the department of social services website or in any other countries except for western Europe feminist governments, which we dutifully protect.

The clean air act, the clean water act, the equal pay act of 1963 (girl power!), the american fisheries act (an indirect result of which is immigrants lining the banks of Jamaica Bay and catching more than plastic bags and syringes), the DEP (city), the DEC (state), the EPA (federal), sewage treatment (aka: we are not Venezuela and drowning in our own shit), NOAA, NMFS, national parks, state parks (i.e.: we don't pave over every square inch of habitation with concrete and call it a country), and last but certainly not least --- free reign over every starbucks bathroom from sea to shining sea,,, whether you were a customer or not (recently acquired).

OSHA (occupational hazards act), HIPAA, the endangered species act, the wetlands protection act, the Jones Act, and on, and on, and on...

Nowhere will you find civil protections as you find here, and that's why people come here.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 10:27 PM

Kinda off topic, but kind of on, I've really got a thing for black women right now. Like Robert De Niro.

Black guys get all kinds of women here, even guys I wouldn't consider attractive - I think Louis CK did a bit on this - but I gotta say, some black women can be unbelievable.

I remember last time I was in NY, one tried to pick me up in Times Square. White women, particularly Irish ones, be all coy and don't get to the point and shit.

ANYWAYS, is the real issue here black men stealing all those fine ass Italian chicks?
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 10:51 PM

- but I gotta say, some black women can be unbelievable.

100% agree Moe. Black women are beautiful. Sexy as hell.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 05/31/18 11:31 PM

They tend to wear less make up than white girls, too, I think.

Strangely enough I've never found Beyonce attractive, though.

Serena Williams is close to a ten IMO.

My brother likes Asian women cos he lives in South Korea but they don't have any hips or ass! And even the thirty year olds look like schoolgirls.

But to each their own I say.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/01/18 12:28 AM

Kinda off topic, but kind of on, I've really got a thing for black women right now. Like Robert De Niro.

Black guys get all kinds of women here, even guys I wouldn't consider attractive - I think Louis CK did a bit on this - but I gotta say, some black women can be unbelievable.

I remember last time I was in NY, one tried to pick me up in Times Square. White women, particularly Irish ones, be all coy and don't get to the point and shit.

ANYWAYS, is the real issue here black men stealing all those fine ass Italian chicks?

This is incredibly lame. You remind me of my desperate friends, a woman says he'll to them and they are hearing wedding bells.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/02/18 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Flushing
This Oak character is just playing a fox-in-the-henhouse routine, assuming that we are all knuckle dragging imbeciles in dire need of education. (note: If oak had a formal education, it's likely we paid for it, and he is still paying it back while working as a Williamsburg cheese consultant)

So we've covered the immediate needs that immigrants are granted and he keeps bouncing back to the New Deal. Fine. So let's talk about societies general improvements that don't show up at the department of social services website or in any other countries except for western Europe feminist governments, which we dutifully protect.

The clean air act, the clean water act, the equal pay act of 1963 (girl power!), the american fisheries act (an indirect result of which is immigrants lining the banks of Jamaica Bay and catching more than plastic bags and syringes), the DEP (city), the DEC (state), the EPA (federal), sewage treatment (aka: we are not Venezuela and drowning in our own shit), NOAA, NMFS, national parks, state parks (i.e.: we don't pave over every square inch of habitation with concrete and call it a country), and last but certainly not least --- free reign over every starbucks bathroom from sea to shining sea,,, whether you were a customer or not (recently acquired).

OSHA (occupational hazards act), HIPAA, the endangered species act, the wetlands protection act, the Jones Act, and on, and on, and on...

Nowhere will you find civil protections as you find here, and that's why people come here.

Post of the year. I'll say it again, anyone who compares the immigration of today to immigration that happened 60-80 years ago is lacking an education. Sixty years ago manufacturing made up a huge portion of the country's economy, and the population was smaller compared to what it is today. There was also a long period of time where very little immigrants came to the US, because the Government wanted to assimilate the huge numbers who came in the early years of the 20th Century. Now we have a "service" based economy, with no use for low skilled labourers, but certain people believe it's good to bring those people here. These are the same people who mock Trump for talking about building up the coal industry. They think the country can bring in an infinite number of people to the country without any negative effects. One of the reasons the standard of living is down in the U.S. is uncontrolled immigration, it pushes down wages. The cost of immigration is staggering, much of illegal immigration. In some places they make up the majority of the prison population.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/03/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by GerryLang
Originally Posted by Flushing

Post of the year. I'll say it again, anyone who compares the immigration of today to immigration that happened 60-80 years ago is lacking an education. Sixty years ago manufacturing made up a huge portion of the country's economy, and the population was smaller compared to what it is today. There was also a long period of time where very little immigrants came to the US, because the Government wanted to assimilate the huge numbers who came in the early years of the 20th Century. Now we have a "service" based economy, with no use for low skilled labourers, but certain people believe it's good to bring those people here. These are the same people who mock Trump for talking about building up the coal industry. They think the country can bring in an infinite number of people to the country without any negative effects. One of the reasons the standard of living is down in the U.S. is uncontrolled immigration, it pushes down wages. The cost of immigration is staggering, much of illegal immigration. In some places they make up the majority of the prison population.

U Got That Right!!!!

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/03/18 03:27 AM

But ..If I may correct u sir... The Hippa law is a health law where healthcare workers r not permitted 2 talk about patients/residents conditions etc..

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/03/18 04:02 PM

The cost of immigration was always "staggering".

Nobody wanted the Irish or Italian immigrants, either.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/03/18 04:57 PM

The cost of immigration was always "staggering".

Nobody wanted the Irish or Italian immigrants, either.

Wrong, the Immigration Act of 1924 put a quota on the number of people allowed to immigrate to the country. You're the one who keeps bringing up national origin. Allowing tens of millions of unskilled people into the country is neither good for the economy or very smart, regardless of their origin.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/03/18 11:46 PM

Whatever you mean by skilled, the labor they provide is in demand. That's why they're here.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 02:56 AM

When the italians came, we needed workers to build railroads, construction, and it was the beginning of the industrial revolution. More importantly, they acclimated and embraced the american way of life. Very differnt than the immigrants who come here today.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 11:30 AM

Immigrants today are here due to the same labor demand. They don't embrace the American way of life because they face constant racism, and America does very little about it.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 11:59 AM

The best thing for everyone is for those people to just go back to their country of origin.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 01:09 PM

Holy fuck ur racist. Why do u care where someone comes from? Just cuz someone comes from a country doesn’t mean shit. Tf is wrong with u.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 01:31 PM

The best thing for everyone is for those people to just go back to their country of origin.

They said the same thing about Italians.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 01:53 PM

Big difference. The italians loved our country and embraced the american way of life. the italians didnt live off the system either.
We get a lot of scum that comes into our country today and they basically pollute the country and dont acclimate.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 02:29 PM

Whatever you mean by skilled, the labor they provide is in demand. That's why they're here.

There is a widely accepted and used defintion of an unskilled laborer, it's often used in academia. They aren't here because there is a demand for their skills, but the result of a broken immigration system. Take agriculture for example, less people are employed in that field than ever, and with advancement in technology, less people are needed more so. They come because they get benefits they wouldn't get back home, like getting welfare for their children,

Racism is a tired old canard. There are no policies in place where people are discriminated against because of their race. This isn't Malaysia where the Bumiputera (ethnic Malays) have advantages over non ethnic Malays written into their Constitution. They benefit from admission to university, owning land, lower interest rates on loan, they must must own certain percentage of all corporations there, etc. That's racism, you can't compare to certain individuals not liking each other because of race or national origin. No one group has a monopoly on racism either. There are groups in the country who only hire people of their own race or country of origin.

They don't embrace America because they want to own it, they don't accept it for what it is, but what they want it to be, all you have to do is listen to their rhetoric. As I said earlier, to compare immigration of today to immigration of 60-80 years ago is incredibly stupid. There were no anti discrimination laws then. There wasn't safety nets then like there is today. Immigration over the last 40 years, much of it illegal, has made the US a worse place to live. Poverty has increased, real wages are down, the standard of living is down, the school system is worse off. Immigration, again mostly illegal, isn't the only reason, but it's a factor. To take in 30 to 50 million people over the last 30 years, many who collect welfare, use up public resources while working under the table and not paying taxes. When they go to the hospital you think they pay their bills? The vast majority don't, those who pay taxes foot the bill.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 04:03 PM

Big difference. The italians loved our country and embraced the american way of life. the italians didnt live off the system either.
We get a lot of scum that comes into our country today and they basically pollute the country and dont acclimate.

That's pretty ironic considering this is a forum about organized crime, most of the discussion of which is based around Italian American organized crime families with an accumulative total of approximately 6,000 members in NY, alone, at any given time.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 04:24 PM

Mexicans have dignity. They're not going to assimilate into a culture that spits on them.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" - Zapata
Posted By: NickyfromTampa

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 06:55 PM

Mexicans have dignity. They're not going to assimilate into a culture that spits on them.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" - Zapata

Then why are they in America in the first place, if they have no respect for the country. They clearly don’t have dignity to come into a country, legal or otherwise, take its jobs, reap its benefits, then make no attempt to assimilate on the basis of “they spit on us.”

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:30 PM

There's dignity in taking jobs. They're better at these jobs than Americans. That's why they're in demand. They have plenty to be proud of. They're the backbone of our economy.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:36 PM

Oh boy, the old right wing vs left wing discussions infiltrated this board as well?

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:43 PM

Yep. And the left wing remains undefeated.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:47 PM

I don't care either way, but wherever I go, no matter the topic at hand, these kind of discussions seem to be inescapable. It's a sign of the times, I guess.
Posted By: NickyfromTampa

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:49 PM

There's dignity in taking jobs. They're better at these jobs than Americans. That's why they're in demand. They have plenty to be proud of. They're the backbone of our economy.

They're not better at these jobs, they just work for cheaper. There's a difference.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 07:51 PM

You're only worth what the market is willing to pay. Unemployed Americans need to get out there and compete, instead of crying and waiting on Donald to eliminate their competition.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
I don't care either way, but wherever I go, no matter the topic at hand, these kind of discussions seem to be inescapable. It's a sign of the times, I guess.

Well, there it is. It's only happening at places you go to. Maybe you're more complicit than you're letting on.
Posted By: SoCalGangs

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:10 PM

I don’t buy into this myth that Mexicans don’t assimilate. Can somebody give me a definition on what they mean by that exactly?

If anything, all immigrants assimilate eventually. First and seconded generally half assimilate and by the 3rd they have nothing in common with their grandparents or great grandparents..

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:15 PM

Well, there it is. It's only happening at places you go to. Maybe you're more complicit than you're letting on.

Well, I don't think going to a random music or gangster board is actively looking for a political discussion, now is it?
Honestly dude, I don't even know you nor remember you from when I used to frequent this board more actively a few years ago, so I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions. I don't care you're obviously a hardcore left winger, seeing I'm pretty liberal on most issues myself. Yet, when being confronted with snotty statements like these, I don't feel like I'm exaggerating in saying that you do have a tendency to come across as a pedantic ass.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:18 PM

Well, I don't think going to a random music or gangster board is actively looking for a political discussion, now is it?

In most cases, no. But in your case, it's hard to say.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:21 PM

In most cases, no. But in your case, it's hard to say.

Whatever. I wasn't even antagonizing you to begin with, until you decided to act like a douchebag. Talk to me again when you're done sniffing your own farts.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 08:25 PM

Whatever.

Finally, we find common ground.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/04/18 11:23 PM

Yep. And the left wing remains undefeated.

lol lol lol lol lol
Posted By: uncle_nino

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/17/18 05:13 AM

what ever happened to this guy?

Anthony (Tigger) Dellavecchia,

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...mily-searching-son-body-article-1.904881

i knew him from the neighborhood but never knew how entrenched he was with the Lucheses...

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/17/18 11:28 AM

Careful, Oak might complain about thAt mobster's nickname being too close to a derogatory word.

Re: Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst? - 06/18/18 01:30 AM

"Does LCN still exist in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst?"

No.

/thread
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET