Home

Big businesses backed by the mob

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 12:27 AM

Were/Are there any big well known corporations or businesses that were backed or financed by the mob? I feel as though that’s what they really wanted to do all along. Much like Michael Corleone did in The Godfather; he really expanded into the “legitimate” corporate world and made a fortune doing so. I think that the old timers had this vision where one day them or their successors would be well respected business titans and moguls in America like the Rockefellers. For example, Carlo Gambino selected Castellano as his successor because he felt that Castellano could really fulfill that vision and take the family to a whole new level in the business world being that Castellano was more business oriented.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 01:07 AM

Parmalat an italian multinational was at some time under the control of the casalesi.
Posted By: doggystyle

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 01:26 AM

The Mandara Group, Italys biggest producer of mozzarella was backed by the Camorra

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 02:48 AM

That’s something! There was some trucking companies owned by the mob at one time but I’m not sure if they were big time like the companies that you guys named
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 03:27 AM

Most big businesses today are publicly traded, which means their books, their employees and their salaries are public information. Every bean is accounted for. Any big business that's still private could be bought out any day. Not exactly the best environment for racketeering. The Cortez in Vegas is still privately owned, and there's rumors about that place. Cal Neva Club in Reno, too. But these aren't very big businesses.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 03:41 AM

roma foods, colavita oil,

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 10:58 AM

The italian branch of dutch retailer SPAR was linked to cosa nostra.

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 11:27 AM

Nestlé, the largest food company in the world, have been linked to people around Frank Cali.
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 01:53 PM

Grande Cheese of Fond du Lac, WI was under the Bonanno family's control for years.

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Nestlé, the largest food company in the world, have been linked to people around Frank Cali.

I never heard that before. Nestle is obviously huge too. In what capacity did he have ties to them?

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 02:28 PM

Frank Perdue went to Castellano for help with his unions but I am not sure if Castellano or anybody actually had some sort of stake in it.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Frank Perdue went to Castellano for help with his unions but I am not sure if Castellano or anybody actually had some sort of stake in it.

I don't think Castellano would do business with some "legitimate" businessman without expecting anything in return. The Mob doesn't go around doing favors out of the goodness of their hearts, it's a business.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 06:29 PM

Maggio Cheese Corp. the most commercially lucrative cheese Purveyor (or was) in Phila., was basically owned by Angelo Bruno & ran by his Brother in law Pete Maggio.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 06:59 PM

Knollmeyer building Corp. In Wilmington, mass, Shawn between (philly lcn made guy holds some sort of influence there
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 07:00 PM

Shawn vetere
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 07:01 PM

Key Food Supermarkets
Posted By: pmac

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 11:33 PM

Funny that old capo pasquale conte was in the news guess hes still alive at 92. His son owns some super market in williamsburg i think hes trying to renovate it and put condos upstairs. He wants a 4 million dollar tax rite off or some shit.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/11/18 11:41 PM

Was just reading the other day about Jackie Nose and Big Geyser
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci/feds-to-jackie-nose-heres_b_658510.html

https://www.villagevoice.com/2008/05/27/a-slice-of-mafia-with-your-sparkling-water/

Re: Big businesses backed by the mob - 02/13/18 06:44 PM

$71,000 a year doesn’t sound like kingpin levels but for probably doing nothing and just receiving the money throughout the year? I’ll take it lol. How much did the mob really grow these businesses once they took them over?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET