Home

Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced

Posted By: BlackFamily

Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/22/18 07:38 PM

According to the indictment, the Rollin’ 60s Crips is a national street gang founded in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-1970s. In approximately 2006, Jerome Hamilton started a Detroit set of the Rollin 60s, which now boasts approximately 150 members and who operated primarily on the west side of Detroit in the vicinity of Seven Mile and Tracey. The Rollin 60s Detroit chapter is a violent organization responsible for numerous assaults, robberies, carjackings and the unlawful possession and trafficking of firearms and narcotics in and around the Detroit metropolitan area over the last nine years.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/pr/rollin-60-crips-gang-leaders-sentenced-racketeering-charges-1
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/22/18 10:11 PM

The mid 2000's is around the time all of the injunctions were happening in LA. I wonder if this Jerome Hamilton was named in an injunction and relocated to the D.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/22/18 11:53 PM

Six Mile Road and Seven Mile Road (6 and 7 miles from Downtown Detroit, respectively) are far worse for crime than Eight Mile Road is.

Eight Mile Road is the true divider in Detroit - anything inside Eight Mile Road is sketchy. Outside Eight Mile Road is white and suburban.

The rapper Eminem now lives near a golf course and country club near 28 Mile Road these days. Before that, he grew up at 19946 Dresden Street, between Seven Mile Road and Eight Mile Road - a blighted area. I walked past his old place all the time, although I watched my back.

I have spent a lot of time in the rougher parts of Detroit. Generally the gang activity is small neighborhood gangs, not the big national franchises like the Bloods and Crips, although there's a few exceptions. The Mexican/Hispanic gangs would be over towards Southwest Detroit, but I know nothing about them.

One gang who used to get a bit of attention was YBN/PBS, who were also a semi-successful rap group in Detroit. Truthfully, most of these guys are brainless and have to resort to crime and muggings just to make a few bucks. Others are immature suckers lured into the supposed 'glamor' of the rap-gangster lifestyle.

The Italian mafia, or what's left of them, would likely be in Grosse Point, which is a nice area miles from the rumblings of Downtown. I never went that far out of town.

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/23/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by night_timer
Six Mile Road and Seven Mile Road (6 and 7 miles from Downtown Detroit, respectively) are far worse for crime than Eight Mile Road is.

Eight Mile Road is the true divider in Detroit - anything inside Eight Mile Road is sketchy. Outside Eight Mile Road is white and suburban.

The rapper Eminem now lives near a golf course and country club near 28 Mile Road these days. Before that, he grew up at 19946 Dresden Street, between Seven Mile Road and Eight Mile Road - a blighted area. I walked past his old place all the time, although I watched my back.

I have spent a lot of time in the rougher parts of Detroit. Generally the gang activity is small neighborhood gangs, not the big national franchises like the Bloods and Crips, although there's a few exceptions. The Mexican/Hispanic gangs would be over towards Southwest Detroit, but I know nothing about them.

One gang who used to get a bit of attention was YBN/PBS, who were also a semi-successful rap group in Detroit. Truthfully, most of these guys are brainless and have to resort to crime and muggings just to make a few bucks. Others are immature suckers lured into the supposed 'glamor' of the rap-gangster lifestyle.

The Italian mafia, or what's left of them, would likely be in Grosse Point, which is a nice area miles from the rumblings of Downtown. I never went that far out of town.

It's more national gangs in Detroit though alongside Crips, Bloods, GDN, BDN, VLN, LKN, LCN, MLDN there too.
Posted By: Reverend

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/26/18 03:12 AM

That's interesting about national gangs in Detroit. The only national gang shit
I see is MS13.I. never have heard of bloods or crips being there
Detroit is unlike any other city in the US

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/26/18 06:03 AM

Yes. Many people tends to downplay those groups due to Detroit reputation with drug trafficking organizations. A few of those gangs have been there since the 90s or earlier.
Posted By: Reverend

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/26/18 05:07 PM

I always hear about the local gangs.When I was a kid YBI and Best Friends were what everyone talked about. I started seeing MS13 maybe 15 or so year's ago.Detroit still doesn't have a huge Hispanic popdilation like other areas
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Detroit Rollin 60s Leaders Sentenced - 01/27/18 06:42 PM

there's no crips or bloods anywhere in Detroit. never was, and likely never will be. they have their own local crews, but no LA or Chicago gangs.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET