Home

Dellacroce- Galante Hit

Posted By: mchang93

Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 03:48 PM

Anyone have any info on what part Dellacroce played in this hit and why? Was it a dope related hit or was Gotti involved trying to help Massino? If I'm not mistaken shooters we're seen hugging Dellacroce at Ravenite after hit. I always found interesting because I am a firm believer that Dellacroce was Don Carlo's Galante. No two American bosses understood LCN like Bonnano and Gambino as they were both Mafia royalty so to speak. I also believe Don Carlo reconized Bonnano's genius and had part in Bonnano war like he did with Profaci to eventually control commision. Also think he saw the advantages of having loyal street guy/killer as installation from capos and that along with Dellacroce s loyalty even after Armand Rava killing because of mini-war he tried to fight after Anastasia's death, as reason to name Dellacroce underboss. Any info on hit I have missed ?
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 03:50 PM

Just a random question Dellacroce was sicilian ?

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 03:54 PM

I always thought Neopalotan but when I think about it I have nothing to back that up other then his blue eyes(most blue eyed Italians come from mainland/ northern Italy)and association with Gotti

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 03:58 PM

Gravano had blue eyes and he was sicilian also frank sinatra and michael dileonardo.

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 03:58 PM

Good point
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 04:32 PM

Dellacroce's father was from Caserta, campania. So neil was neapolitan

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns

I kept thinking back to Gotti movie from HBO when Big Paul makes a comment about Gottis problem being he was street Neo always scheming and the dirty look he got from Anthony Quinn playing Dellacroce

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 04:53 PM

Thanks !
Posted By: azguy

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 08:28 PM

Yes, there is footage around of the back slapping at the Ravenite after the hit.

It has to be the #1 mob assassination photo of all-time, Castellano #2 maybe, Bruno #3 and Anastasia #4
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 09:03 PM

The general consensus seems to be that it was a Commission sanctioned hit carried out by Bonanno members. Presumably Dellacroce was their liaise with the Commission.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/22/17 09:39 PM

I am not 100% sure but that surveillance video of the 3 capos, Bruno and what appears to be Dellacroce.....I think they may have been meeting with Bonanno Consigliere, Stevie "Beef" Cannone.

Although there are not many photos of Cannone.
Don't Know.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/23/17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
I am not 100% sure but that surveillance video of the 3 capos, Bruno and what appears to be Dellacroce.....I think they may have been meeting with Bonanno Consigliere, Stevie "Beef" Cannone.

Although there are not many photos of Cannone.
Don't Know.

Yes after the hit the 3 capos along with Bruno(one of the shooters and Sonny Red's kid) went to the Ravenite to meet with Neil. Neil and Galante hated eachother from what I read so obviously he knew about the plot and it was approved by the commission who felt that galante was too much of a loose cannon
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 02:16 AM

Throughout history, people of all shades have been through Sicily. There's probably more blonde Italians in Sicily than there are in the southern boot.

Sinatra's mother is Genoan, btw. Northern Italy. Father is from Sicily. Same village as Charlie Lucky. I'm sure that didn't hurt Frank's connections with the Luciano family in the early days, even though Luciano wasn't gung ho about his background anyway.

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 02:23 AM

I remember Castellano's line in the HBO movie. I think the FBI made too much of that. At that point in history, the mob was about money. One of the resentments of Castellano is that he was too professional and would make comments praising the police, which is a slap in the face to wiseguys. I'm sure there was more personal motivation to kill him behind that than any Italian-Sicilian subtleties.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MightyDR
The general consensus seems to be that it was a Commission sanctioned hit carried out by Bonanno members. Presumably Dellacroce was their liaise with the Commission.

Yes. Bonannos didn't have a seat on the Commission at that time.
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Neil and Galante hated eachother from what I read so obviously he knew about the plot and it was approved by the commission who felt that galante was too much of a loose cannon

Lots of people hated Galante, and for good reason. But, the reason the Commission sanctioned the hit was because Galante had set up a profitable heroin pipeline from Sicily--and wasn't sharing it with the other families. You can never go wrong in Mob hits by following the money.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
But, the reason the Commission sanctioned the hit was because Galante had set up a profitable heroin pipeline from Sicily--and wasn't sharing it with the other families. You can never go wrong in Mob hits by following the money.

It may have been specifically that Galante wasn't sharing his part of the heroin pipeline profits with the other Commission members (bosses, underbosses, consilgieris). In my opinion, a specific family would be entrusted to manage and oversee this or that pipeline, but all Commission members would operate as group investors in all of the pipelines. Whatever the arrangement, it would never be a situation where one boss owned his own pipeline and kept all of the profits. Membership in and on the Commission meant you had the offer and the opportunity to invest in these projects. If you weren't a top drug capo/supervisor, or a member of a tripartite administration (Capo, Sotocapo, and Consigliere) belonging to the Commission, you were not to deal drugs. When the Bonannos were kicked off the Commission, that meant specifically that their narcotics activities were outlawed. But I only speculate.

When I use the term 'drug capo', I mean a captain who is not on the Commission, but overseas pipeline projects with their permission. Obviously a subordinate, but still a very principal player.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: mchang93
Anyone have any info on what part Dellacroce played in this hit and why? Was it a dope related hit

I would say, yes.

Two of the principal families that had large narcotics interests at the time were the Gambino and Genovese families. Neil Dellacroce obviously represented the Gambino side, at a minimum, in a dispute with Galante that was all centered around narcotics. Since Neil was a member of the Commission (an Underboss) one could say that if Galante was excluding the Gambino hierarchy from investing/sharing in his pipeline, he was also excluding Dellacroce himself.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Gravano had blue eyes and he was sicilian also frank sinatra and michael dileonardo.

My wife is 100 % Sicilian blue eyes .
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/24/17 11:50 PM

Serp are you sicilian?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/25/17 02:36 AM

Serp are you sicilian?
no
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/26/17 05:54 AM

Maybe out of context, but, has anyone seen the movie "True Romance",where Dennis Hopper gives the little story about the Sicilians to Christopher Walken?( I will not discuss the details)...now, does that have something 2 do w/ what is being discussed?...cause u know what?,,even though I love that scene,,I would like 2 see Quentin Tarrintino's (the screenwriter)source 4 THAT story..great scene, But...very rough ...would that scene hold up in todays Politically Correct mainstream????
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/26/17 11:34 AM

I thought "dead ni**er storage" was more offensive personally.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/26/17 12:32 PM

I feel like Ima start some major shit with this post, but here goes from John Roberts book....

“Many days my father would take me to the racetrack. It was the one thing he did that made him look almost happy. He loved the horses and was an excellent handicapper. I got my love of horses from him. Years later, when I bought my first horse, I thought of my father. It’s the one good thing he turned me on to that I thank him for.
My father really liked black music. Obviously, he ran the black bars, and that music is what we heard when we went in them. My father also liked black women. When he’d take me into the bars to collect the cigar boxes with the numbers money, he would tell Mr. Tut, “Watch Jon.”
Mr. Tut would sit me at the bar, get me a Coke, and my dad would disappear with a woman. He liked black music and black, black women. Italians don’t like to admit this, but in ancient times there was a black migration into Sicily. That’s why you see a lot of Italians with very dark complexions. There’s African blood mixed in all of us”

Excerpt From: Jon Roberts & Evan Wright. “American Desperado.” Crown Publishers, 2011-11-01. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/american-desperado/id422523338?mt=11
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/26/17 12:39 PM

I'm not sure why having a basic understanding of historical human migration patterns would attract controversy.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/27/17 01:02 AM

I'm still not certain Roberts was 100% in his book, but I'm not Sicilian though so I can't say for sure.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/27/17 07:38 AM

CG didn't you say a while back that Galante was the point man for the heroin coming in to NYC and that's how he rose to underboss of the Bonnanos? He outlived his usefulness and the commission found someone else to handle the drugs. I can't remember which thread it was.

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/28/17 11:01 PM

White supremacy is a powerful force in the western world. It's amazing what lengths some white people will go to in order to distance themselves from any cultural or genetic affiliation to black or indigenous American people. To some white people, any such affiliation is as good as being dead. It's like that scene in Oz when the Aryan Brotherhood finds out one of their members has an organ donated by a black person, and he's beaten out of the gang. Free society can be a lot like an open air prison sometimes, especially when it comes to race.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/28/17 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
I feel like Ima start some major shit with this post, but here goes from John Roberts book....

“Many days my father would take me to the racetrack. It was the one thing he did that made him look almost happy. He loved the horses and was an excellent handicapper. I got my love of horses from him. Years later, when I bought my first horse, I thought of my father. It’s the one good thing he turned me on to that I thank him for.
My father really liked black music. Obviously, he ran the black bars, and that music is what we heard when we went in them. My father also liked black women. When he’d take me into the bars to collect the cigar boxes with the numbers money, he would tell Mr. Tut, “Watch Jon.”
Mr. Tut would sit me at the bar, get me a Coke, and my dad would disappear with a woman. He liked black music and black, black women. Italians don’t like to admit this, but in ancient times there was a black migration into Sicily. That’s why you see a lot of Italians with very dark complexions. There’s African blood mixed in all of us”

Excerpt From: Jon Roberts & Evan Wright. “American Desperado.” Crown Publishers, 2011-11-01. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/american-desperado/id422523338?mt=11

Posted By: Hollander

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/29/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
White supremacy is a powerful force in the western world. It's amazing what lengths some white people will go to in order to distance themselves from any cultural or genetic affiliation to black or indigenous American people. To some white people, any such affiliation is as good as being dead. It's like that scene in Oz when the Aryan Brotherhood finds out one of their members has an organ donated by a black person, and he's beaten out of the gang. Free society can be a lot like an open air prison sometimes, especially when it comes to race.

It also depends where you grew up where I live it has always been multicultural. It does become a problem when all the whites leave the neighbourhoods.

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/29/17 11:25 AM

As far as Dellacroces involvement....

I think....1. It was similar to how Scarfo was described in Philly, when it came time to enforce LCN rules, or a sensitive murder had to be done, Dellacroce was in charge. If it's a fuckin Union beef, or some construction shit, Paul ate that stuff up.

2. After Galante was hit, Catalano basically took his place in NYC, and he paid Castellano, not Rastelli. ( I can't say Rastelli didn't get ANYTHING, I don't know for sure, but it was proven on the other board that Catalano paid up to Castellano...) Basically the Gambino's, overall, were in charge. I think This is why we see Dellacroce in a supervisory role, in Galantes hit, AND the three capos hits.
@ Alfa

I think you might be confusing the Pizza connection with the French Connection...
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/29/17 02:31 PM

I thought Catalano paid up to Conte which in fact is paying up to Castellano?

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/30/17 02:16 AM

You could be right, thing is Conte wasn't respected, apparently it was common knowledge he paid 100k for his button...
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/30/17 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Maybe out of context, but, has anyone seen the movie "True Romance",where Dennis Hopper gives the little story about the Sicilians to Christopher Walken?( I will not discuss the details)...now, does that have something 2 do w/ what is being discussed?...cause u know what?,,even though I love that scene,,I would like 2 see Quentin Tarrintino's (the screenwriter)source 4 THAT story..great scene, But...very rough ...would that scene hold up in todays Politically Correct mainstream????

Great scene Hoodlum..totally underrated movie, so well written. The PC bullshit in todays society is so fuckin gross, and my fellow attorneys are largely to blame ...I remember when django unchained came out the media attached Tarantino b/c the N word was said like 85 times or something...god forbid being authentic to the timeperiodwhen telling a story involving slaves, in a time of slavery when that word was used like it was nothing...fuckin people melting down and being offended by a word is ludicrous

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 12/30/17 03:26 AM

Django. Meh. Too much miscasting. I don't know why so many directors think Leo DeCaprio can play everything. Don Johnson would have made a better Calvin Candie. And, worst of all, Samuel L. Jackson playing the house slave? Come on, Quentin. I understand displaying an actor's range and all, but you just do not have the actor who plays Jules and gives that speech at the end of Pulp Fiction play a punk ass sellout like that in another one of your movies. You just don't do it.
Posted By: Jeremythejew

Re: Dellacroce- Galante Hit - 06/14/18 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
I thought Catalano paid up to Conte which in fact is paying up to Castellano?

nope. Catalano as well as Naimo paid Paul....

Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
You could be right, thing is Conte wasn't respected, apparently it was common knowledge he paid 100k for his button...

I wouldn't say that.... he was a top capo as well as head of the dope at a time too
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET