Home

Best Documentaries about OC ?

Posted By: 2a

Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/20/17 05:25 PM

Which documentaries about OC are the best in terms of overall realism and information ? I've seen a few and while some ( like Once Upon a Time in the East ) are decent , many others seem sensationalist and/or full of unnecessary tidbits .
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/20/17 05:50 PM

I'm not too interested in other types of OC. My interest is strictly with Cosa Nostra so I'll touch on those docs.

I thought the Inside The American Mob series was pretty good. It touches on the same John Gotti, Donnie Brasco stuff that everyone already knows about but the episode about the commission case was decent. It had some wiretaps that I hadn't heard before. The last episode was good. It had some information about the Bath Ave. Crew that I never knew about. Overall though I thought it was a good series.

The old Crime Inc True Story Of The Mafia series from the early 80's never gets old and I can watch that all the time.

The American Justice episodes with Bill Kurtis are always fun to watch as well.

I always go back to the docs about the Genovese and Gambino families.

All of these are on youtube.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/20/17 07:24 PM

1. Crime Inc.
2. Inside the Mafia (2005 NCG)
3. Mafia's Greatest Hits episodes
4. Underworld NGC series
5. Inside the American Mob (basically a reskinned version of Inside the Mafia).

Honorary mention: The Mafia with Trevor McDonald (has some great in-depth interviews with former mobsters).
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/20/17 10:32 PM

Agree about "Crime Inc" being the best or one of the best.

Don't know which other ones to choose as the best, one of the interesting ones is "Gangsters: America's most evil" imo, since it has a number of episodes about not-so-well-known characters, quite "refreshing" to watch after finding the 1000th rehash of the John Gotti story, but unfortunately only the first 2 seasons can be found online. Can't find the others, even though they aired long ago and theoretically somebody could have put them online already. But only the Detroit "Best friends" gang (the Brown brothers) episode from the 3rd season is on Youtube I think.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 01:22 AM

I'll be the fourth poster to mention the Crime Inc series. It's definitely the best.

Some other good ones that haven't been mentioned are "Detroit Mob Confidential" and "The Ten Commandments of the Mafia".
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 01:29 AM

I liked Mob on the Run.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
I liked Mob on the Run.
My particular favorite is an old 90s video I have called Mobfathers :Nicky Scarfo episode w/Bill Curtis...but I also agree about the Crime Inc. series & American Justice..I like Bill Curtis 'stuff.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
My particular favorite is an old 90s video I have called Mobfathers :Nicky Scarfo episode w/Bill Curtis...

Do you have it?! I heard it's good, but can't find anywhere. Years ago here on the forum somebody said he had it, although not all 3 parts, but then the user disappeared, and I didn't find it elsewhere. If you have Mobfathers, could you post it please? Doesn't matter if on Youtube or an any site where you can upload files.
Posted By: Organized Crime Channel

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 03:10 AM

Bill Curtis is one of the best if not the best to narrate mob docs in our opinion.

We feature him on several of our docs in our playlist he is a legend.
Posted By: Kash

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 03:13 AM

I always thought Mob Confidential from Burnstein on Detroit was well done

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/21/17 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
My particular favorite is an old 90s video I have called Mobfathers :Nicky Scarfo episode w/Bill Curtis...

Do you have it?! I heard it's good, but can't find anywhere. Years ago here on the forum somebody said he had it, although not all 3 parts, but then the user disappeared, and I didn't find it elsewhere. If you have Mobfathers, could you post it please? Doesn't matter if on Youtube or an any site where you can upload files.
Unfortunatly, the sound is practically nil..& a lot of the shots have lines through them..I've had this tape since the mid 90s u gotta remember,it's basically shot & yes,I cant find it online either..ive tried a lot of times..& on top of that I'm tech stupid,would'nt know how to post it..my wife is the reason i'm a poster here on gbb,,many pictures I wish I could post in the rare photos thread but cant cause i dont know how..I dont even have a cell phone (& dont want 1),only in my car strictly 2 call AAA in an emergency.Sorry dude!
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/24/17 07:17 AM

Heres one old but very interesting doc regarding the US Amry/Mafia connection and 6interviews with people who actually been there...

Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/26/17 03:04 AM

Bill Kurtis's on A&E in the '90s. There's a youtube channel that has a bunch of them. Forget the name, but easy to find in a search. The Bill Kurtis ones use real photos, footage, no reenactment shit. No loud noises with graphics popping up everywhere like Gangland. Just great documentation.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/26/17 04:34 AM

I liked Mob on the Run.
My particular favorite is an old 90s video I have called Mobfathers :Nicky Scarfo episode w/Bill Curtis...but I also agree about the Crime Inc. series & American Justice..I like Bill Curtis 'stuff.

+100 Hoodlums right on these are imo the best mob docs out there. And I know the mobfathers one you're talking about it's a good interesting watch. Anything Bill Curtis rules, i could listen to him narrate a chess match

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/26/17 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
I liked Mob on the Run.

+100 Hoodlums right on these are imo the best mob docs out there. And I know the mobfathers one you're talking about it's a good interesting watch. Anything Bill Curtis rules, i could listen to him narrate a chess match
That part where they show the ([phone being tapped)of Ralph Staino telling a customer that "if u dont have that fuckin' money ,im gonna rip that other eye out ,u hear me u motherfucker?"...the guy was already blind in 1 eye..too funny.
Posted By: British

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/28/17 07:55 AM

Crime Inc set a standard not matched since!
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Best Documentaries about OC ? - 09/28/17 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: British
Crime Inc set a standard not matched since!

Co-signed 100%!!!

The maker, Martin Short (not the comedian btw), also has a great docu series about the Freemasons. It's also pretty good and it's on YT too..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET