Home

Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys?

Posted By: JackieAprile

Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/25/17 06:38 PM

I mean, we have thousands of hours of the Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon tapes...Why won't the Feds release tapes of guys who are long-dead for public consumption? I'm not talking private shit with their wives and kids but just guys either shooting the shit or talking business.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/27/17 02:04 AM

Maybe you could put in a Freedom Of Information Act request and see if they release anything?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/27/17 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
Maybe you could put in a Freedom Of Information Act request and see if they release anything?

I'm agree with you fleming ave,if the parents of a dead mobster use the FOIA the fbi doesn't had reason for don't give them what they want.
Posted By: JackieAprile

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 03:33 AM

I'm not related to anyone sadly but I'd just like to hear these guys in the 60s, 70s, 80s shooting the shit. It'd be the closest thing to hearing my grandfathers chit chat.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 01:12 PM

I agree, all those hours at Big Pauls's house and I'll I'v ever heard was a 40 seconds bite on YouTube
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 01:57 PM

You don't need to be related. If the individual is dead, simply request audio/visual recordings of them. It may cost a lot to reproduce and there may be other reasons why they can't release them to you (confidentiality, etc.) but they are available to request.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 02:27 PM

a lot of the Kennedy files were sealed for decades by the CIA - I believe a lot of them are finally being made available within this calendar year
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 04:07 PM

I can't think that its a privacy issue because Pistone posted his recordings of him and Ruggiero...The feds though would have to edit out all the stuff that they listen to that they're not supposed too !!
Posted By: Hardyhar

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 10:14 PM

How would one put in a request?
Thanks.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I agree, all those hours at Big Pauls's house and I'll I'v ever heard was a 40 seconds bite on YouTube

Paul also had a very private surgical operation and don't want to make anymore of his business public than they have too.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/30/17 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Hardyhar
How would one put in a request?
Thanks.

https://efoia.fbi.gov/#home
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Why doesn't the FBI release tapes of (dead) guys? - 05/31/17 07:07 PM

Even though some tapes might have people talking or the mobsters talking about innocent people, etc. Not sure if that affects FOIA but I would think it would?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET