Home

Winter hill gang

Posted By: British

Winter hill gang - 02/02/17 11:31 AM

Does the winter hill gang still exist these days?
Posted By: mike68

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/02/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: British

No
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/03/17 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By: mike68

No

I'm reading blackmass and what I understand is that the Winter Hill become powerful because Connolly sabotaged the investigations of Dea,Boston Police and other fbi agents that led to the killing of all the witnesses against Flemmi and Bulger.
So when Bulger fled and Weeks flipped in 2000 the gang is done for sure there are some irish gangsters on the streets but the old days are gone.

I find some names on the web

George "Georgie Boy" Hogan,Kevin O'Neil,John Joseph "Mick" Murray, Jerry "Poker Face" Perkins ecc
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/03/17 06:01 PM

Georgie Hogan retired in 2009 apparently and the gang's gone silent since then
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/07/17 07:29 AM

No. That was born out of the South Boston projects. I don't think they even exist anymore. South Boston is now a yuppie destination.

Check out All Souls for a look at life inside the projects.
Posted By: southend

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/07/17 02:02 PM

those days are long gone by now. Somerville is like little Brazil
Posted By: pmac

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/07/17 09:54 PM

All souls such a great book forgot all about it ready it many years ago a classic. I posted this in like 10 threads about the winter hill gang back in 2011 when howie winter was busted for extortion he told the wired up victim hes with the northend guys meaning the lcn mafia from his own mouth the answer.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/07/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
No. That was born out of the South Boston projects. I don't think they even exist anymore. South Boston is now a yuppie destination.

Check out All Souls for a look at life inside the projects.

Winter Hill is Somerville just north of Boston, it's only connection to Southie was Whitey.

All Souls is a great book though. The projects were the author is from, Old Colony, have been torn down and remodeled but the Old Harbor projects, where Whitey Bulger was born, are still there. So are the D Street projects.

And like others have said, there's no significant, if any, OC activity in Somerville these days. If they're not Brazilian as Southend said, they're probably yuppies.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Winter hill gang - 02/09/17 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: mike68

No

I'm reading blackmass and what I understand is that the Winter Hill become powerful because Connolly sabotaged the investigations of Dea,Boston Police and other fbi agents that led to the killing of all the witnesses against Flemmi and Bulger.
So when Bulger fled and Weeks flipped in 2000 the gang is done for sure there are some irish gangsters on the streets but the old days are gone.

I find some names on the web

George "Georgie Boy" Hogan,Kevin O'Neil,John Joseph "Mick" Murray, Jerry "Poker Face" Perkins ecc

I read the book "whitey bulger" and what you say about fbi agent Connelly is absolutely true.. he was sentenced to 40 yrs, finally, a dirtier fbi agent never lived.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET