Home

OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels?

Posted By: night_timer

OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 01:51 AM

Does anyone have info on OC activity by the Hells Angels in the five boroughs? Chuck Zito was their boss at one time, I think, but I haven't heard much about their rackets in New York City.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 01:28 PM

Be aware, your going to attract the biker activist . He'll defend that there's no OC conspiracy by HA members in the 5 boroughs. lol
Posted By: night_timer

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Be aware, your going to attract the biker activist . He'll defend that there's no OC conspiracy by HA members in the 5 boroughs. lol

Haha, that's right - they're just a bunch of guys who like riding their bikes!
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 02:39 PM

They have a newly renovated clubhouse in Hempstead, Long Island. They supposedly had a little stand off during a meet with sister clubs, with the local police a little while ago, but the situation quickly calmed down. As far as what their rackets would be, I wouldn't know.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 02:47 PM

If I was in the drug business I might use them maybe. If they become a loose end it would be hard to kill them off so no. I am sure they buy and sell drugs you can't even use them as body guards. Some Singers tried it one of them shot some one in the audience.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 08:02 PM

Biker activist checking in!:)

Recently besides that shooting over the parking spaces and that quickly quelled stand off already mentioned I can't think of anything that's made headlines. Couple of the guys on here know NYC inside and out so if anyone on here knows anything it's probably them...

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: night_timer
Does anyone have info on OC activity by the Hells Angels in the five boroughs? Chuck Zito was their boss at one time, I think, but I haven't heard much about their rackets in New York City.

Did you read zitos book? Don't think he was ever president but can't remember. Historically, zitos was previously in a club called Ching a ling. Documentary on YouTube on them.

NYC charter was founded by sandy Alexander. Iirc they mainly financed their bio movie hells angels forever. It's on YouTube, released in the early 80's. One guy in it is fat vinny---seen it? I've read that he threw a young girlfriend off the roof of the NYC clubhouse and killed her. He was later killed in a knife fight by Oakland member Irish rich. In bargers book he says rich was killed in a parking lot by a guy he used to push around in prison, iirc.

Also some video on John the baptiste, boxer on YouTube.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
If I was in the drug business I might use them maybe. If they become a loose end it would be hard to kill them off so no. I am sure they buy and sell drugs you can't even use them as body guards. Some Singers tried it one of them shot some one in the audience.

The stones concert at Altmont in '69? Seen the documentary? Pretty awesome. If this is the incident you can watch the killing on YouTube. Earlier in the night it shows him cranked out of his fuckin gourd. Then his girlfriend wants to fuck mick jagger. Angels hired to keep people off the stage. A scuffle between the black guy and angels happens. Black guy shoots gun at stage, gets taken down and stabbed to death by angels.

It's old and boring now, but often cited and often twisted from the facts. The guy was black so of course it was a racist hate crime, blah blah blah. Government still wasted tax money on that one, I think the guy was cleared once originally, and then they tried again more recently and he beat them a second time.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 08:25 PM

All they do is deal drugs, run guns, prostitution and extortion...They don't have any scams that require brains !!

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 09:10 PM

If you think dealing drugs does not require brains you better think again.

Pulling the trigger that does not require a lot of brains.
Posted By: MrJustsayNo

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 09:50 PM

to content. | Skip to navigation
Report Threats AZ Index Site Map

Search
Federal Bureau of InvestigationFederal Bureau of InvestigationFederal Bureau of Investigation
Sections
Contact the FBI
FBI Headquarters
Local FBI Offices
Overseas Offices
Report Threats & Crime
More Contacts...
About the FBI
Quick Facts
What We Investigate
Frequently Asked Questions
History
Partnerships and Outreach
Reports and Publications
Criminal Justice Information Services
Information Technology
Intelligence
Laboratory Services
National Security Branch
Training Academy
More About Us...
Most Wanted
Ten Most Wanted Fugitives
Most Wanted Terrorists
Seeking Terrorism Info
Kidnappings & Missing Persons
Bank Robbers
Parental Kidnappings
Cyber’s Most Wanted
White-Collar Crimes
More Wanted by the FBI...
FBI News
News Blog
Photo Gallery
Podcasts & Radio
Press Releases
RSS News Feeds
Speeches
Stories
Testimony
Video
Widgets
FBI Stats and Services
Identity History Summary Checks
Crime Statistics/UCR
Criminal Justice Information Services
Fingerprints & Other Biometrics
FOIA/Records Requests
Gun Checks/NICS
Laboratory Services
Law Enforcement Services
Name Checks
Reports & Publications
Training
Victim Assistance
More Resources...
Scams and Safety
Be Crime Smart Advice
Common Fraud Schemes
E-scams & Warnings
Sex Offender Registry
Report Threats & Crime
Get a Job!
FBI Fun and Games!
Header Image

Powered by Mail Image Get FBI Updates
Home • New York • Press Releases • 2012 • Alleged Gambino Associate, Westies Member, and Demon Knights Motorcycle Gang Member Charged with Violent Extortion...
Info
This is archived material from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) website. It may contain outdated information and links may no longer function.
Twitter Facebook Share

Alleged Gambino Associate, Westies Member, and Demon Knights Motorcycle Gang Member Charged with Violent Extortion
U.S. Attorney’s Office
November 27, 2012

Eastern District of New York
(718) 254-7000
James Ferrara, Daniel Hanley, and Peter Kanakis were arrested today on a federal indictment charging them with extortionate extension of credit, extortionate collection of credit, and conspiracy to do the same.The defendants will have their initial appearances and arraignments this afternoon before United States Magistrate Judge Viktor V. Pohorelsky at the United States Courthouse in Brooklyn, New York.

The charges and arrests were announced by Loretta E. Lynch, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York; Mary E. Galligan, Acting Assistant Director in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office; and Raymond W. Kelly, Commissioner, New York City Police Department.

As alleged in the indictment and set forth in a detention memorandum filed by the government, Ferrara is an associate of the Gambino organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra; Hanley is a member of The Westies street gang; and Kanakis is a member of the Demon Knights, a subchapter of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang. The defendants are charged with conspiring to collect and attempting to collect loansharking debts from at least two victims, using threats of violence and displaying firearms to their victims. In one instance, when a victim could not make repayments on the loan, the defendants threatened him with brass knuckles and a baseball bat. As detailed in the government’s detention memorandum, the extortionate means used by the defendants to collect the loansharking debts included a shooting in December 2011 in which a gunman driving a car of the same color, make, and model as a car registered to Kanakis shot at the victim one morning as the victim was getting into his car to leave for work, narrowly missing him.

If convicted, the defendants each face a maximum sentence of 20 years’ imprisonment on each count in which they are named in the indictment.

“Allegedly members of three different organized crime enterprises, these defendants nevertheless banded together and spoke the same language of violence, threats, and intimidation to their victims. Such tactics will always be met with the full force of the law,” stated United States Attorney Lynch. “We will not rest until organized crime is eradicated from our communities.” Ms. Lynch added that the government’s investigation is continuing.

FBI Acting Assistant Director in Charge Galligan stated, “If you default on a loan from a financial institution, you may lose property pledged as collateral. If you borrowed from these alleged gangsters, you risked losing life and limb. The FBI continues to target loansharking and associated criminal activity that remain lucrative for organized crime.”

Police Commissioner Kelly stated, “With alleged involvement of the Gambinos, Westies, and Hell’s Angels, this case hit the trifecta of loansharking and extortion. I want to commend the NYPD detectives and federal agents and prosecutors who brought the suspects to justice.”

The government’s case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Vamshi Reddy.

The Defendants:

James Ferrara
Brooklyn, New York

Daniel Hanley
Cliffside Park, New Jersey

Peter Kanakis
West Islip, New York

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 10:05 PM

Thats the only significant connection i could find between a Hells Angels puppet club,The Demon knights and OC in Nyc . Most of the other stuff was Long Island based between HA and Pagans brawls/busts etc...There was a recent showdown at the Hells Angels Hempstead clubhouse where over 100 members of the Unknowns Mc showed up and surrounded the clubhouse recently.In Long island Nassau and Suffolk county they have a huge presence and have a number of puppet clubs doing alot of theyre dirty work.You can find them in a number of the bars on any given day in Nassau/suffolk counties.I know ,about 3 years back there was a bust/raid at a shuttered Gym on hempstead turnpike in Levittown where there were HA's being taken out and arrested along with many others and roulette and poker tables and other gambling paraphernalia. I sat there and watched the whole thing going down from the gas station,but, I looked it up days later and couldnt find anything in the news or online of the bust ?

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 10:08 PM

The gym was Synergy fitness gym in levittown which was formerly owned by christian Tarantino who was arrested and jailed for a few murders and armored car robberies with ties to OC and the lucchese and colombo crime families.At the time of this bust the gym had been closed for over a year !

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 10:13 PM

That article lol, the westies! And the hells angels...even though there were no...hells angels. I can only imagine where the "gambino" guy ranks.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 11:10 PM

Yea,that was a lil weird ! Mc omg's , Westies, Gambinos!! Crazy alliance !! I wonder how much money was involved with the loans that all 3 groups were involved together going off like they did ? And i wonder if there was an other activity going on here that they didnt uncover,if any ? Ex: Drugs,shylocking,gambling etc... Who knowd ? I see alot of those guys in Queens and Long island out riding, The Demon knights,Which is supposedly an HA puppet club .
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 11:29 PM

@Footreads

There is a major disconnect when people think of drug dealing. They see it as a low level crime. I guess cause of the people in the streets who sell it. (But even THAT takes brains,to sell in the street for any moderate amount of time and not get caught... It usually means you are pretty organized, and low key..) But drugs is to Organized Crime what Oil is to Global Finance. It's the biggest business in OC, hands down.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: MrJustsayNo
Yea,that was a lil weird ! Mc omg's , Westies, Gambinos!! Crazy alliance !! I wonder how much money was involved with the loans that all 3 groups were involved together going off like they did ? And i wonder if there was an other activity going on here that they didnt uncover,if any ? Ex: Drugs,shylocking,gambling etc... Who knowd ? I see alot of those guys in Queens and Long island out riding, The Demon knights,Which is supposedly an HA puppet club .

Any idea what happened in that case, sentences etc?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/18/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
If you think dealing drugs does not require brains you better think again.

Lol..If they had brains they wouldn't need to be dealing drugs in the first place !!

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 12:44 AM

I have no idea what the outcomes were in that case ? Im gonna look them up see if i can get some more info,Im a lil interested to now since i remember when that happened and it was plastered all over the Newspapers etc !I found another really old article containing the NYC president Sandy Alexander but no Mob/Oc connections.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 12:45 AM

Chicago Tribune
133 Hells Angels Seized In 14 Cities
May 03, 1985|By United Press International.
An army of FBI agents charged 133 members of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang Thursday with racketeering and drug trafficking in raids in 14 cities across the nation. A state trooper was wounded while bringing in a gang member in Connecticut.

About 1,000 heavily armed law-enforcement authorities took part in the predawn raids from New York City to San Francisco in Operation Rough Rider, an effort to break up a business so organized that local chapters sent drug proceeds to Hells Angels` national treasury, authorities said.

One raid bagged Sandy Alexander, 43, alleged president of Hells Angels`

New York chapter and generally considered the head of the national organization, said Lee Laster, the FBI`s assistant director in New York.

In a raid in Stratford, Conn., Trooper Angel Gonzalez, 31, was wounded by bullets fired through a door, but most other arrests were peaceful. Among those arrested was a 16-year veteran of the Bridgeport, Conn., police force, Joseph Seamons, 43.

The sweep made a ``sizable dent`` in the illegal activities of the bikers, Laster said.

``The Hells Angels have been around for a number of years; now they are getting much deserved attention,`` he said.

Undercover agents bought $2 million in methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, hashish, PCP and LSD from the Hells Angels during the undercover operation, the FBI said.

The arrests were made in New York City; Albany, N.Y.; New Haven, Conn.;

Newark, N.J.; the Boston area; Cleveland; Omaha; Charlotte, N.C.; Richmond, Va.; New Orleans; Phoenix; San Diego; Sacramento, Calif.; and San Francisco.

The government charged that the gang was an ``illegal enterprise`` under the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act, a law usually used to snare members of organized crime.

Operation Rough Rider began three years ago in Baltimore when two FBI agents went undercover with the help of a ``biker`` working as a confidential informant.

The agents bought drugs from Hells Angels members from 11 chapters in seven states, an affidavit said, and learned that a percentage of each chapter`s drug profits was deposited in the Hells Angels national treasury.

The agents ``observed`` that the motorcycle gang had Uzi submachine guns, light antitank weapons, bazookas and other weapons stashed at their heavily guarded clubhouses, the affidavit sa

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 12:53 AM

James Ferrara and Daniel Hanley were released in November 2015, Peter Kanakis did barely any time, He was released late 2013.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 01:31 AM

Not to get off topic but have you ever read Gangstersoutt.blogspot.com,or Gangstersoutt.com ? Really good site with current updated goings on in Canada regarding, Mafia,OC,biker omgs,street gangs etc etc....? Also has info on U.S.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 01:50 AM

Do Lorenzo how much money do college professors make they have a shit load of brains. smile

Their are guys who have been in the drug business for decades and never been arrested for drugs. They might have been arrested for other things.

Yes there are billionaires like our President trump who don't deal drugs and a few that do. But there are not a lot of billionaires in the world.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 02:05 AM

Was trying to find final results of operation rough rider but no luck. Maybe a high conviction rate but my experience is that 133 HA busted = maybe 5 actual HA and maybe a couple convictions of those five.

Kind of like how the other article is headlines about westies and HA but it's obviously just headline grabbing with no facts behind it.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 04:13 AM

Yea,I dont get it ? Why are members of 3 different syndicates in operation together ? There has to be more to that ,What exactly brings an Outlaw biker, Westie, Gambino together ? I know in Brooklyn & Queens the OMG's and Mob guys nowadays have a love affair going on and emulate each other ! Theres guys i used to see daily in and around the neighborhoods, "WANNABE" Mobsters from 25-30 years ago Now riding around on Harleys and dressed head to toe like outlaw bikers ,Who are now "WANNABE" Outlaw bikers !! LMFAOOOO,its really hilarious, 25 years ago these guys thought they were the 2nd coming of John Gotti, and now ??? They watch a few seasons of Sons of Anarchy, Smh !! What a joke
Posted By: Ted

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 07:36 AM

The whole Hanley-Westies connection was BS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/nyregi...rtion-case.html
Posted By: Hollander

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 10:22 AM

I believe Joe Waverly used to hang out with some HA.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 01:32 PM

I figured that ! Wtf brought those 3 together ? And there had to be more to the story !

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 01:34 PM

Joe Waverly will be walking the streets again soon ! After all that BS you'd think the guy would get 2 life sentences

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted
The whole Hanley-Westies connection was BS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/nyregi...rtion-case.html

Do you know the westies and the ny purple gang did each other favors.
Posted By: Azure

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/19/17 11:17 PM

Almost nothing that guy posts is true. He twists news articles into his own weird demented plots.

Dennis Watson, the blog owner, has his own twisted past as well, including being involved in illegal impersonation of government officials(he pretended to be a post office executive in order to lie and deceive fellow postal workers), and was involved in less than moral situations during some of his activism.

The guys a lunatic who thinks every single crackheads that gets beat up or killed in BC was somehow set up by the Hell's Angels. His entire narrative focuses around HA being responsible for everything from Street side crack sales, to God knows what else. They're ultimately responsible for the entire drug and gang scene in Alberta and BC.

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/20/17 03:24 AM

Is that the Gangstersoutt site ? I thought it was good until i saw it only had like 15 posts ! Also,the posts/articles have nothing to them,Just a few paragraphs and no further in depth report.I came across it last week and today i read everything on it in 30 mins
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: OC activity in NYC by Hells Angels? - 01/20/17 06:40 PM

It can't be much activity, only 6-12 members.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET