Home

Tommy Lucchese

Posted By: Regoparker100

Tommy Lucchese - 01/12/17 08:58 PM

So we get to see many photographs of Gambino, Bonanno, Colombo, Profaci, Castellano, Costello, Lucky, Genovese, Giancana, Marcello, etc. but Lucchese only had a few. I'm wondering, was he camera shy?
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/12/17 11:12 PM

Just a low key guy I guess. Plus he wasn't as famous as those other bosses.

I'm pretty sure I've only seen two photos of his predecessor Gagliano
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/12/17 11:42 PM

Good point mighty/rego... always wanted to see more pics of Lucchese.. i read in one book that he was a shifty twitchy fuck whos eyes darted around the room constantly.. i can see that since the guy was super cautious and low key.... very underrated in terms of power hes def top 3 of his time imo
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 03:56 AM

Have you seen this one? Taken after his naturalization hearing. 1952

Attached picture 81c4b7894fe26e34d82bc56cec113879.jpg
Posted By: pmac

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 04:22 AM

It that one official. Ive seen a pic of him holding up him fucked up claw hand people say its fake or not him. From the conclusions in my on head he was the most powerfull boss in the 60tys on the street in nyc till when ever he was to sick and died 67. He was gambinos sith lord. Type shit just watched starwars. He putt carlo in his boss chair i think. And like people said not one picture betwen 1957 to 67. The ny times have alot of shit watermarked trademard i bet they got them. He didnt go in front of washington like every other boss in the 60tys.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 07:10 AM

Never saw that one. Thank you.

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 07:12 AM

There was a mob documentary on him that actually showed his profile, like a mug shot. He didn't appear to have much of a chin.

edit: Here it is, I found it...

Tommy Lucchese Profile
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 11:56 AM

I always liked this one.

Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 12:06 PM

@pmac

Agree with all of that, as respected as he was, I think historically he was MAJORLY underrated. Not only Carlo, but without his support, Vito never gets to be boss I think..
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 12:11 PM

I actually always thought Barzini was a composite of Luchesse-Genovese, Tattaglia was Gambino, lol ( just kidding, a little, I actually don't think he was a capable war strategist, or street fighter..)

Corleone was a composite of like, -Profaci (with the olive oil and old world ways, and the compound) Costello ( gambling and political connects), and Bonnano...
Posted By: shaneomac

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
I always liked this one.

That picture is of Louis Cirillo not Tommy Lucchese.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: shaneomac
Originally Posted By: Hollander
I always liked this one.

That picture is of Louis Cirillo not Tommy Lucchese.

You're right, I checked it with Thom L. Jones. Fucking pinterest. Cirillo was also an interesting guy.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
It that one official. Ive seen a pic of him holding up him fucked up claw hand people say its fake or not him. From the conclusions in my on head he was the most powerfull boss in the 60tys on the street in nyc till when ever he was to sick and died 67. He was gambinos sith lord. Type shit just watched starwars. He putt carlo in his boss chair i think. And like people said not one picture betwen 1957 to 67. The ny times have alot of shit watermarked trademard i bet they got them. He didnt go in front of washington like every other boss in the 60tys.

If it's the photo from one of the senate hearings it's real and from John Binders photo collection. He held up the hand which only had 3 main fingers, and his thumb is tucked behind his lapel. I'm not going through the time of linking it as a quick google search will bring it up. It's the most well known photo of him, so I don't know why anyone would say its fake or not him.

He was definitely powerful, Bonanno even acknowledges such in his book. Lucchese & Gambino represented the Americanized "new breed" of Mafiosi that Bonanno felt cared more about money, than upholding LCN values.
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 04:32 PM

In many of his pictures (including his mugshot), Joe Bananas seemed to have a mild smirk.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/13/17 09:06 PM

This one?

Attached picture 4d9b73ca2653f76b27fe43e3bf453e52.jpg

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 01:41 AM

Thats the one I was referring to. I don't know if thats the one pmac was mentioning.

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 03:01 AM

Yep thats the pic doesnt it look almost fake like his hand is Photoshopd. Its just perfect smooth 3 fingers guess his name was true. Guy was sneeky the strongest boss in the 60tys official. I read the patriarca files around 1963 he would meet luchese n tommy ryan at patsy in Manhattan. Not once in all the fbi files did he go to meet gambino im sure it happend they probaly didnt know or the snitches inform them. But he met luchese a few times at that restaurant it says it was over a dog track split between a few family with hidden owners out past springfield.

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 03:02 AM

I know i suck at punctuation. I swear when i read it makes sense to me . Then i reread it and dont fix shit sorry board.

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 07:14 AM

It's not fake. I get what you mean though, I guess.

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 08:04 AM

Obviously Tommy held his hand against his lapel that way in order to make it seem as if his other two fingers were under his jacket, but that's not the case.

It was said that he didn't like the appellation "Three Finger Brown." The way he attempts to hide his hand there sort of lends credence to that.

Of course still another way to interpret his body language there is that he isn't really taking the oath.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
http://www.nbcuniversalarchives.com/nbcuni/clip/51A02210_s01.do?assetId=clip_31547314

Mark 15.29 The guy behind the guy speaking Carmine Fatico?

Mark 15.37 Is this Tommy Lucchese?

Posted this in rare photo thread while back. A couple posters said it was him

Re: Tommy Lucchese - 01/15/17 03:07 PM

Yes its Tommy Lucchese. Thats where the above photo comes from, Mccellan hearings.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET