Home

Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit

Posted By: AntSamuel

Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/19/16 02:12 PM

Question. The merchandise mart has been around for awhile and is a leading retail and wholesale center. Was owned by the Kennedy's and we all know their ties to organize crime. Do you think the outfit extorted the owners of the merchandise mart?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/19/16 03:15 PM

Gus Alex and Ben Stein had some involment over there
Posted By: AntSamuel

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/19/16 03:47 PM

Oh ok i figured someone extorted them. Let me give your props on the pieces you produce on outfit memembers, Toodoped. They are very informative n I look forward to reading ya future articles

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/19/16 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: AntSamuel
Oh ok i figured someone extorted them. Let me give your props on the pieces you produce on outfit memembers, Toodoped. They are very informative n I look forward to reading ya future articles

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your support. Cheers
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/21/16 11:56 PM

LOL. It's owned by Vornado, a $20 billion real estate trust.

They make more in a day than the Outfit does in a decade.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/22/16 11:44 PM

joseph p.kennedy bought it in the 30s I think he paid 9 million dollars for it, as it is a city block long, the family recently sold it for over 6oo million, it provided the kennedys 12 million a year in revenues. I strongly suspect he had to pay the outfit protection money, it was too big a money-maker to go unnoticed by the outfit, toodoped could put it all together for you, antsamuel.

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/23/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
LOL. It's owned by Vornado, a $20 billion real estate trust.

They make more in a day than the Outfit does in a decade.

Well thats the point. Wealthy and rich people get extorted by gangsters and under the threat of death to them or their loved ones, especially their loved ones, everybody pays, no matter who they are.

As for the Merchandise Mart, the mob was there way before the Kennedys bought it. The place housed speakasies and nightclubs which were owned by the Outfit. When the old Kennedy bought the place during the mid 1940's, the mob was still there and by the late 50's and early 60's, they also collected the deals on the maintance, janitorial and garbage services
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Merchandise Mart & Chicago Outfit - 10/25/16 03:10 AM

yeah, good research again too, ty for the information.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET