Home

Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs

Posted By: VitoSpatafore

Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 07:43 PM

I know back during Borgata investigation, in indictment there was talk about Nicodemo being the trigger man in Johnny Gongs murder. He's been in jail for better of two years now...

will they ever revisit that? what was ever made of it?
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 07:47 PM

He's always been the primary suspect in it and it was rumored he got hit because he was sleeping with Merlino's wife (and others too). Not to mention he was never in favor because he was a Stanfa guy.

Nobody has ever talked on it and it's a decade old.

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 07:57 PM

been 13 years... must of had zero evidence..
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 08:05 PM

I've always wondered who had the contract for the Long John Martorano hit...
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 09:41 PM

nicodemo does this alledgedly and leaves no evidence but then pulls the biggest bonehead move of all time and isn't coming back until he's an old man.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 10:10 PM

Another rumor i heard why Gongs was killed was, he took a shot at Phil Ligambi and his son PJ was also in the car. During the Stanfa war. But who knows?
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 10:17 PM

I've heard it was a combo of both, he stuck a rifle in the window of Phil Ligambi's house and he was fucking Merlino's wife. So he had both Uncle Joe and Skinny Joey wanting him dead....Ligambi pulled it off on his watch as boss.

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
nicodemo does this alledgedly and leaves no evidence but then pulls the biggest bonehead move of all time and isn't coming back until he's an old man.

The only thing I can think of was that he was getting very cocky and flamboyant because he had already gotten away with murder twice before he did the DiPietro hit. I think he just got so cocky and thought he would never get caught and that's the mindset he went into the DiPietro hit with Dom Grande in. I think he thought he was much smarter than the cops after getting away with murder twice before....
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 10:41 PM

Nicodemo was at Memories, he was walking outside with a drink his hand. The bouncer politely told him no drinks outside. Nicodemo turns too him and tells the bouncer too go fuck himself. I just started laughing.
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/11/16 11:31 PM

How long was Nicodemo active on the streets before this last conviction?
Like when was me made and how long was he an associate. He wasn't the oldest of the bunch.

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 12:35 AM

Nicodemo has been around since the mid 1990s, he started as Skinny Joey's driver and at one point he was actually an acting capo under Ligambi

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 12:38 AM

http://articles.philly.com/1995-10-05/news/25697018_1_pagans-source-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 12:28 PM

Nicodemo has always been Skinny Joey's protege and boy. Skinny Joey brought him along and schooled him. Nicodemo probably, most likely did the Gongs hit for his boy Skinny Joey and to also score points with the relatively new boss at the time- Uncle Joe. That's my view....
Posted By: MusclesMarinara

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 01:14 PM

http://www.agingrebel.com/4093
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 02:01 PM

He may have gotten overconfident and thought nobody in that neighborhood would talk to the cops. He could've gotten away with this. It basically came down to one witness. Stupidity and bad luck rolled into one.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

He may have gotten overconfident and thought nobody in that neighborhood would talk to the cops. He could've gotten away with this. It basically came down to one witness. Stupidity and bad luck rolled into one.

That neighborhood is not like it was back in the 70's and 80's there is a mix of people there it's nowhere near a hush-hush Italian neighborhood any longer .
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 06:55 PM

Wasnt there some chatter about gongs being a jailhouse snitch?
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/12/16 08:08 PM

Man imagine the Feds bugged the convo when the Gongs hit was handed down

"Deb's been getting drilled by Johnny G every night , Joey wants it done right away. It can't wait, he's going nuts inside"

So IF Joey goes away on this next case, let's hope she keeps her legs closed
& the guys keep their pants on. If not... Gong's part 2
Posted By: dave213

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/13/16 04:17 AM

Was it ever confirmed that Gongs had a relationship with Merlino's wife, or was it more Gongs go around saying he did and talking shit?
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/14/16 12:11 AM

Well he definitely at least claimed he did so either way he was getting clipped
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/14/16 08:48 PM

Wasn't the rumor he grabbed Deb's bum in a nightclub in front of Joey's guys and said this belongs to me

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/15/16 02:01 AM

Did Johnny Gongs have any kids?
Posted By: dave213

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyManero
That's true about that neighborhood in South Philly changing. There's a lot of hipsters moving in. It's funny to see these hipsters mistakenly walk into the place Mazzone and the guys hang. It's next door to a popular hip bar. The hipsters walk in...and 5 seconds later walk out and realize they went into the wrong place. It's an honest mistake b/c you can see how someone not from the neighborhood could mistake this place as a "public" bar.

lol What bar is that?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 11:27 AM

What's Nicodemo's release date?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
What's Nicodemo's release date?

Edited Sorry wrong Nicoodemo:
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 12:20 PM

His father is in prison too?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Holyoke
His father is in prison too?

Sorry Holyoke, wrong Nicodemo
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/19/16 12:58 PM

No worries Bean, thanks
Posted By: Ted

Re: Nicodemo/Johnny Gongs - 08/20/16 12:55 AM

He has to serve at least 25 years, so he'll be released in late 2037 at the earliest.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET