Home

Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/01/16 02:08 PM

Reading an account of this cat's murder beginning on page 6 of this: http://www.state.nj.us/sci/pdf/ocbars2.pdf

I thought it interesting that Angelo Bruno explicitly wanted him to be choked to death what with his reputation of being less prone to violence than his peers.

Would choking be less or more humane than other methods?

Scarfo ended up stabbing Caruso to death with an ice pick which broke apart in his back.

Bruno's dictates as to disposal of the body very sharp.

Not the bodies in the streets method of Scarfo, Stanfa and Merlino.

Quote:

At another meeting, Manna told
Scarfo that the Commission wanted
him to be the new boss of the Family,
but Scarfo turned it down because he
felt that Philip Testa deserved it
more.

Heh.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/01/16 07:18 PM

Manna wanted Scarfo so there would be no disconnect with Philly and a direct line between the two long-time associates

Scarfo knew enough to see the writing on the wall in regards to how much money Atlantic City was about to be worth to someone in his position already established within A.C. For as crazy as he became I think this was a rather shrewd move by Scarfo to smoothly sell a no thank you to the Genovese conduit, whilst still recommending his closest ally in Philly in Phil Testa. It seemed calculated and clearly paid dividends until he got trigger happy anyway.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/01/16 08:06 PM

If the guy did not live in the 1920's he may have had a good run... The law was in thr 80's and he was in the 20's
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/01/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
If the guy did not live in the 1920's he may have had a good run... The law was in thr 80's and he was in the 20's

Well said serp. A lot of guys had/have that problem.
Posted By: TheRedZone

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 01:00 AM

I've always wondered if Scarfo showed his hand to Phil as he essentially gave him the boss spot, because if so, he must have been jolted somewhat by his choice of Casella as underboss instead of himself, I guess there wasn't really a way for Nick to lose even then because he had about the only thing the Westside really wanted in his grip, which is AC and its unions.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The law was in the 80's and he was in the 20's

"Do it cowboy style--bang 'em right out in the street in broad daylight"
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TheRedZone
I've always wondered if Scarfo showed his hand to Phil as he essentially gave him the boss spot, because if so, he must have been jolted somewhat by his choice of Casella as underboss instead of himself, I guess there wasn't really a way for Nick to lose even then because he had about the only thing the Westside really wanted in his grip, which is AC and its unions.

In Leonetti's book they make it seem like choosing Casella did cause a minor disruption in their friendship, but at you mentioned it really mattered not as the Scarfo Crew had AC to themselves and the Testa run was a short one.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 02:32 AM

Leonetti=sociopath...100 percent pure

really gives off the vibe in interviews

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 02:33 AM

Probably running a construction company in california living comfortable while Little Nicky stews in his cell, plotting his revenge for the day he is released!
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/02/16 12:08 PM

Yea, he's definitely still making a living in the concrete business. The money that he and the FBI stole from his uncle, contributed to that in the beginning of his life in Witsec. He pretty much admits that without admitting to stealing the money in his book. He used that money to start up a concrete business and hiring workers. That's definitely how he's been able to keep is high maintenance lifestyle.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Yea, he's definitely still making a living in the concrete business. The money that he and the FBI stole from his uncle, contributed to that in the beginning of his life in Witsec. He pretty much admits that without admitting to stealing the money in his book. He used that money to start up a concrete business and hiring workers. That's definitely how he's been able to keep is high maintenance lifestyle.
And still w/the same woman whose guy he whacked 37 yrs ago..claims they dont mention about it..in 37 yrs. of marriage?..never brought it up at a dinner table?,yeah..o.k.

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 11:42 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Leonetti+Builders/@32.8080549,-116.926507,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xabc17c6fc32c187e!8m2!3d32.8080549!4d-116.926507

Don't know if thus picture will show uo

It links you to Leonetti Builders around the San Diego area (sounds like a good FBI hiding place)

lol I am sure it is a coincidence though, he must be under a new name

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 11:45 AM

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Leonetti+Builders+ca

Won't let me link Leonetti Builders out of CA directly for some reason
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 11:55 AM

Leonetti Builders is NOT Phil's construction business...

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 12:04 PM

I know, I just thought it was funny and it is what I found when searching so I figured I would share.

Going in witness protection and keeping your name and using it for a business would be pretty dumb lol

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/04/16 12:05 PM

I certainly wouldnt be shocked if he was still in the concrete/construction business like Sinatra said...and it was probably started with the stolen money.

Who was the rat that was supposed to be doing well working at or owning a car dealership?
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Great PDF about Scarfo's rise; Leonetti testimony - 06/06/16 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
I certainly wouldnt be shocked if he was still in the concrete/construction business like Sinatra said...and it was probably started with the stolen money.

Who was the rat that was supposed to be doing well working at or owning a car dealership?
John Veasey
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET