Home

The Bellomoly Hillbillies

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 11:24 AM

Quote:
The following April, the New Jersey attorney general's office subpoenaed Bellomo, who was then in a federal prison in Atlanta serving time for a 1996 New York extortion case, to appear before a state grand jury investigating Provenzano's activities.

Barney was not pleased. Not only was the Mercer County prison a virtual hellhole compared to his digs in Atlanta — he was locked down 22 to 23 hours a day, he claimed — but he was the wrong Liborio "Barney" Bellomo.

How many Liborio Bellomos with the nickname Barney could there be? As it happens, there are at least two, according to affidavits submitted by the former acting boss, and Liborio Thomas Bellomo, a cousin who is a reputed Genovese family associate.

They are often mistaken for each other, with good reason. Their fathers are brothers, who, to make matters even more baffling, married a pair of sisters.

In court papers supporting his cousin, Liborio Thomas wrote that the two were often confused. Strangers "would incorrectly attribute to me things that were meant for my cousin," he wrote, "or they would attribute to my cousin, things that were meant for me."

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/quiet-talk-leads-to-genovese-capos-killer/38084/

So that's why he looks retarded.

Posted By: Azure

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 12:44 PM

I know you're not really interested in anything other than posting flat lined, unclever jokes, but if curiosity ever causes to step out of your immature mindset, then you could easily find out that two brothers marrying a pair of sisters would not cause any deformities as you suggest.

And with that said, one would fully expect another prattling, nonsensical reply from you.

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 12:50 PM

I knew at least one mob groupie would get upset that I made fun of Barney.
Posted By: SonnyD

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 02:42 PM

I don't think he's upset. He just thinks you're a dumb [BadWord].

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 02:47 PM

If anyone thinks I actually thought two brothers marrying two sisters equals incest, then I have a bridge to sell you.
Posted By: SonnyD

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 02:51 PM

Would that be London Bridge? Because I already have that.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 04:25 PM

It makes them double first cousins. This is kinda common in small towns. Guess this makes Carlo look worse than Barney.

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 04:32 PM

Maybe they grew up in a tiny secluded mountain village in Italy, in which case attrition would have made this a somewhat normal occurrence.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Quote:
The following April, the New Jersey attorney general's office subpoenaed Bellomo, who was then in a federal prison in Atlanta serving time for a 1996 New York extortion case, to appear before a state grand jury investigating Provenzano's activities.

Barney was not pleased. Not only was the Mercer County prison a virtual hellhole compared to his digs in Atlanta — he was locked down 22 to 23 hours a day, he claimed — but he was the wrong Liborio "Barney" Bellomo.

How many Liborio Bellomos with the nickname Barney could there be? As it happens, there are at least two, according to affidavits submitted by the former acting boss, and Liborio Thomas Bellomo, a cousin who is a reputed Genovese family associate.

They are often mistaken for each other, with good reason. Their fathers are brothers, who, to make matters even more baffling, married a pair of sisters.

In court papers supporting his cousin, Liborio Thomas wrote that the two were often confused. Strangers "would incorrectly attribute to me things that were meant for my cousin," he wrote, "or they would attribute to my cousin, things that were meant for me."

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/quiet-talk-leads-to-genovese-capos-killer/38084/

So that's why he looks retarded.

Regardless of looks, for the record, the guy is widely considered to be quite smart, including by law enforcement. He'd have to since he was made at such a young age, to say nothing of Chin making him acting boss.
Posted By: Gustavo

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 05:41 PM

How about you show us a pic of yourself and we can all see whose the person that looks retarded. And get your facts straight...they both did not grow up in some small town. They both grew up in the Bronx.

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Gustavo
How about you show us a pic of yourself and we can all see whose the person that looks retarded. And get your facts straight...they both did not grow up in some small town. They both grew up in the Bronx.

I was on about Barney Bellomo's father and uncle, not Barney and his cousin.

Jeez. You'd swear I had mocked Mother Teresa.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 09:25 PM

Who might that be, Mr. Soapbox?...Where's the balls at? I forgot, they're in your mouth, Biatch!

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/24/16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35

Who might that be, Mr. Soapbox?...Where's the balls at? I forgot, they're in your mouth, Biatch!

I'm still in the queue baby. Your mom got first dibs.
Posted By: Azure

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/25/16 12:36 AM

Wait, so what do the hillbilly and "retarded" appearance reference then?

Or do you just say things just to say them and then backtrack when called on it?

Re: The Bellomoly Hillbillies - 04/25/16 01:09 AM

I have no reason to backtrack!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET