Home

Pablo Escobar and LCN

Posted By: DBCooper

Pablo Escobar and LCN - 02/29/16 02:05 PM

Hi,

is there any connection betweet Pablo Escobar and LCN?

During the Pizza Connection. Did the Mobsters get the Drugs only from sicily and europe or some too from Escobar´s Melidin Cartel?

sorry for bad english...
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 02/29/16 03:16 PM

No connection DB. For sure the mobsters buy coke for the colombians but thats all.
Did you see Cocaine Cowboys ? The colombians in the 80s produce and sell the coke diretly in the US.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 02/29/16 03:27 PM

There might have been a mob guy who got supplied by a guy who got supplied by the Medellin Cartel, but other than that not really any big connection
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 02/29/16 07:38 PM

The Medellin cartel did have ties with the Sicilian Mafia and 'Ndrangheta in Europe.

After the Pizza Connection in the mid-1980's, it was the Chinese that took over a lot of the heroin trade for about a decade before the Colombians and Mexicans took over.
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/01/16 11:33 PM

I think most of the coke in NY at that time came from the Cali Cartel Columbian but not Pablo's group

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/02/16 11:25 AM

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/30/141696333/from-mafia-soldier-to-cocaine-cowboy?sc=fb&cc=fp

Jon Roberts aka John Riccobono was a Gambino associate until 1975 when went to Miami and become a drug dealers for the Medellin Cartel. This is the only big ti between lcn and escobar.

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/02/16 01:32 PM

Thank you for your information. Interesting guy that Jon Roberts. Connected to LCN and the Medellin Cartel.
Posted By: georgietwos

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/14/16 07:21 AM

Does anyone know if Escobar was connected to Matteo Messina Denaro? Or his father? I know MMD was a lot younger than him but they both disappeared around the same time in 93 and I'm wondering if there's any proof of links between the two before escobars demise and MMD going on run
Posted By: Jenkins

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/14/16 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DBCooper
Thank you for your information. Interesting guy that Jon Roberts. Connected to LCN and the Medellin Cartel.

Jon Roberts' book American Desperado is really good. I do wonder if he embellished some of it because some of his stories are just so over the top. Still, it's a great read and I highly recommend it.

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/14/16 03:24 PM

I doubt it. Thr Sicilian Mafia until the Middleton 80s was full of Lab for trasform the oppium in heroin and in general the coke was the rich people drug for all the 90s.
When Escobar was killed in 1993 MMD was plain bombs all over Italy and was on the lam some things for his father.
For sure the sicilian mafia made deal with the colombians but its possible with the Cali cartel.
Posted By: georgietwos

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 03/15/16 12:07 AM

Thanks furio.

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 04/12/16 11:29 AM

Can someone recommend me one of these books?

Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw (2001) - Mark Bowden

or

The Memory of Pablo Escobar -
Posted By: baldo

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 04/12/16 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenkins
Originally Posted By: DBCooper

Jon Roberts' book American Desperado is really good. I do wonder if he embellished some of it because some of his stories are just so over the top. Still, it's a great read and I highly recommend it.

I actually couldn't finish that book. It was a fascinating story going from the NYC mafia to the cocaine cowboy era but just got tired of all the boasting.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Pablo Escobar and LCN - 05/19/18 09:08 AM

Great in-depth interview with Murphy and Peña..

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET