Home

Should Carmine Persico step down?

Posted By: Regoparker100

Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 01:34 AM

After surviving multiple mob wars, the Commission case and running numerous rackets for the Colombos as boss since 1971 in-and-out of prison, does anybody think Persico should retire for good?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 01:44 AM

Why? If he can still get word out to anyone why install someone else to be boss to only be taken down? Shit, him and Allie Boy both can still run the family from prison and what can the Feds do? Absolutely nothing because both are in for life anyways. Why make another son, etc. a lightning bolt?

Unless the Feds take away their privileges like Frankie Breeze got in Chicago when they wouldn't let him make or take any calls or even see anyone then they would be crazy to risk a family member being locked up by naming them boss.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 02:03 AM

Being the boss from prison is a good way to end up like Jeff Fort or Larry Hoover.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 02:10 AM

Yes he should have a long time ago.

Using anyone with a blood link to him only has made them severely weak as a lot were incompetent and not built for administration roles.

There were some solid guys better suited for those roles and could have sustained the family better but were held down in favor of Persicos blood

He weakened that family.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Yes he should have a long time ago.

Using anyone with a blood link to him only has made them severely weak as a lot were incompetent and not built for administration roles.

There were some solid guys better suited for those roles and could have sustained the family better but were held down in favor of Persicos blood

He weakened that family.

Agree.
100%
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 08:14 AM

Whether he should or not he'll be boss until he dies. And, while I'm usually not one for predictions or hypotheticals, I wouldn't be surprised if Little Allie Boy becomes official boss after that.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Whether he should or not he'll be boss until he dies. And, while I'm usually not one for predictions or hypotheticals, I wouldn't be surprised if Little Allie Boy becomes official boss after that.

Exactly. They are kidding themselves if they think he will name someone on the streets as boss. Little Allie Boy will be the next boss and that is almost guaranteed. And it will be the SAME setup it is now until he dies as well.
Posted By: mike89

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 07:45 PM

Something to do I suppose....he's not doing anything else is he?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

Exactly. They are kidding themselves if they think he will name someone on the streets as boss. Little Allie Boy will be the next boss and that is almost guaranteed. And it will be the SAME setup it is now until he dies as well.

"True" it's all but done and it will not stop there.

That's if there is no war or other...
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 09:59 PM

If we would make a deadpool of the five families, my money would be on the Colombos as the first family to go defunct..

Not only because they're the lowest in numbers, but more because they're the worst run family.

(maybe tied to the Bonannos in the last couple of years)
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/25/15 10:27 PM

they are in a decent position now alot of guys getting out of prison and then they have billy russo who has risen fast.

plus i dident think tommy gs leadership before he went away was bad. There problems are going back to the colombo war and the wild bill murder.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/26/15 12:39 AM

That maybe true, but the nepotism of the Persicos has done a lot of harm to that borgata over the years in my humble opinion..
Posted By: DiBella

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/28/15 04:57 PM

With so any of his own family members part of the Colombo's I don't think Carmine or Allie Boy have to worry about anyone internally challenging their hold on the family.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/28/15 06:27 PM

Think there's a good chance he gets out. Been reading the feds held out info that in 79 he wasn't the boss so he didn't have a vote on weather to kill galante. His lawyers got all the scarpa files proving it. I never could figure out why they put galante murder in the trial that seems to have been Rusty's call he's the boss. Maybe cause he was in jail some guys talkd to other bosses. Funzi tieri the biggest guy in bk in 79 I'm guessing. They let Christy tic out on that argument I guess. How bout this old guy Franky pearl Federico killed the 2 gabage guys on long island that were helping the FBI. That's a bad look this guy will be free or all ready is after only 14 yrs. He's in al darcos book alittle.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/28/15 06:54 PM

why the colombos that are reduced to less 100 made men don't make a new boss like the gambinos with cefalù,the luccheses with crea and bonannos with mancuso ?

Why the capos fear ? the persicos on the streets ? why the capos don't say "the snake and allie boy are done,now the boss is ... ?
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/28/15 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
why the colombos that are reduced to less 100 made men don't make a new boss like the gambinos with cefalù,the luccheses with crea and bonannos with mancuso ?

Why the capos fear ? the persicos on the streets ? why the capos don't say "the snake and allie boy are done,now the boss is ... ?

They can't. They can't because drugs are probably involved, along with the cartels in this country that are likely supporting the leadership of the present administration. Why would a cartel support you to take over when they got a guy who's already locked down and who can never flip on them?

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/28/15 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

They can't. They can't because drugs are probably involved, along with the cartels in this country that are likely supporting the leadership of the present administration. Why would a cartel support you to take over when they got a guy who's already locked down and who can never flip on them?

what are you saying ? the drug cartels don't need the colombos help ? are just strong itselfs.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 03:48 AM

NO
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 04:37 AM

Why would anyone in the family want to change the 'leadership'?

As far as the Feds are concerned the boss and future boss are locked up tight. Why change that and pull the tail of the snake (the Feds).

Think Crea and Amuso.

Let the old man have the chair and title. In his 9x9 concrete palace.

And Pmac: Persico's never getting out. Ever.

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 05:44 AM

The Colombos still have approximately 100 members according to most recent estimates.

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 11:08 AM

yes Ivy and on ten capos I doubt that apart 1 or 2 that are blood related with persico,the others capo can choose a new boss and if the persico aren't happy,put a bullet in his heads don't cost much.

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 02:39 PM

what are you saying ? the drug cartels don't need the colombos help ? are just strong itselfs.

What I mean is that the Colombo administration is probably more a narcotics operation more than anything else, and anyone wanting to take over the reigns is really planning on toppling that whole blood related family for ownership and participation in some sort of very lucrative narcotics enterprise involving very large sums of money. To do that, everyone the present administration imports from, and distributes to, must approve of the coup. I don't see that happening. The other participants are happy at least one prominent member of their operation can no longer be threatened by RICO or Rockefeller Drug laws....because he's already locked down. In other words, he won't flip.

This is a thread began by a speculative question. That's my speculation.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 04:45 PM

What I mean is that the Colombo administration is probably more a narcotics operation more than anything else, and anyone wanting to take over the reigns is really planning on toppling that whole blood related family for ownership and participation in some sort of very lucrative narcotics enterprise involving very large sums of money. To do that, everyone the present administration imports from, and distributes to, must approve of the coup. I don't see that happening. The other participants are happy at least one prominent member of their operation can no longer be threatened by RICO or Rockefeller Drug laws....because he's already locked down. In other words, he won't flip.

What?

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 11/29/15 05:31 PM

Colombos are confinated in brooklyn how can be high in drugs ?

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/02/15 02:18 PM

Colombos are confinated in brooklyn how can be high in drugs ?

Are there no drugs in New York City?

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/02/15 03:12 PM

Yes alfa ton and ton of drugs in NY But I don't think that the colombos from a weakest of the 5 families it reduced to a Small drug cartel. That's all,But I can be wong.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/02/15 03:47 PM

The majority is happy with Persico and has been for many years. It's not just one or two who are related to Junior. Tommy Farese, The Russos, his brothers and nephews, his son-in-law, it goes on and on. Sonny Franzese and the Long Island faction are also tight with the Persicos, contrary to popular belief. Junior always understood Cosa Nostra, and he gets a lot of respect from the other families as well, particularly the Gambinos.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/02/15 06:38 PM

Carmine Persico already stepped down. The Russos are in charge now.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/02/15 06:49 PM

Source?
Posted By: F_white

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/03/15 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Carmine Persico already stepped down. The Russos are in charge now.
Never heard than one.

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/03/15 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Source?

The voices in his head?
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Should Carmine Persico step down? - 12/03/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Source?

The voices in his head?

lol --- thank you for the little chuckle!!! Lol

I would like to hear more about that .......

🔫
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET