Home

Mafia and Fashion

Posted By: CabriniGreen

Mafia and Fashion - 10/06/15 10:29 AM

In SAvianos book, gommorah, ( just finished zerozerozero, will probably make a thread soon) he says the Cammoraa clans basically control the production phase of the high-end fashion industry, as well as a good chunk of the distribution through their many outlet stores. He mentions specifically, New York, Chicago and Jersey, as well as various European cities.
Someone mentioned in another thread that jimmy Burke tried his hand at counterfeit cloths.
I was wondering' is there any family with a major interest in either clothing manufacturing or distribution in today's mob... Seems like easy money...
Any thoughts?

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/06/15 10:30 AM

Like, how much do you think someone could make counterfeiting even ONE pair of Jordan's? Let alone the high end shit...
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/06/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
In SAvianos book, gommorah, ( just finished zerozerozero, will probably make a thread soon) he says the Cammoraa clans basically control the production phase of the high-end fashion industry, as well as a good chunk of the distribution through their many outlet stores. He mentions specifically, New York, Chicago and Jersey, as well as various European cities.
Someone mentioned in another thread that jimmy Burke tried his hand at counterfeit cloths.
I was wondering' is there any family with a major interest in either clothing manufacturing or distribution in today's mob... Seems like easy money...
Any thoughts?

The reality is different: the big Italian fashion houses rely on hundreds of small textile firms in Campania, and make a kind of reverse auction; who offers to make more clothes in less time and with less money wins.
The other companies that lose "sell" the unsolded clothers to the Camorra, which then through the machinery, printing false brands.
The Camorra, if anything, is a leader in the counterfeiting. Fashion companies in america prefer to make clothing in Asia.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/06/15 03:18 PM

However counterfeit clothes, cds, dvds, food and so on;make money almost as the drugs and involves fewer risks.

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/08/15 04:57 PM

Aha, thank Furio.
In gommorah it said that small textile firms, have like decades of experience, so it is a rarity; Highly SKilled cheap labor, vs the CHinese, mass numbers of even CHeaper labor, but increasingly becoming more skilled, thus an increasing threat to the Italian textile workers, and thus Camorra control.
I found it similar to the Garment Center situation in NEw York in the 80s, they had major competition from Chinese firms, was interested if this completely wiped out their influence, or if some of it remains....

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/08/15 04:58 PM

There is a funny conversation from a wire tap in the Book BOss Of Bosses between Castellano and two underlings I forget their names...

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/08/15 04:59 PM

Had to do with the garment center and this very topic of the Chinese moving in...
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/10/15 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Like, how much do you think someone could make counterfeiting even ONE pair of Jordan's? Let alone the high end shit...

good point about the jordans.. the bootleg jordans are getting made so well these days pretty soon theres going to be no difference besides the price..even crazy Jordan sneaker nerds are getting duped and buying fakes on accident..

the Asians have the whole bootleg clothing thing going on huge. must make a killing literally,, its funny now that the vintage tommy Hilfiger and ralph lauren polo shit is crazy popular even the bootleg shit is selling.. shit my brother has sold some vintage bootleg tommy Hilfiger shit for more money than some real items.. and the buyers know up front that its bootleg! the reason being I guess some of the 80's tommy bootleg items are even more rare than the real shit.. and we all know that people who are into clothes/shoes pretty much base everything off how rare an item is.. it could look like dog shit but if there are only 10 in the world all the hype beasts will pay tons. its a joke
Posted By: DiBella

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/10/15 02:49 PM

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/12/15 07:51 AM

Lmao, good one

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/12/15 07:52 AM

Exactly, even after losing the GArment CEnter, I don't know why they ever stopped, maybe someone more knowledgeable knows better, maybe they didn't?
Any Thoughts?
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Mafia and Fashion - 10/14/15 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
However counterfeit clothes, cds, dvds, food and so on;make money almost as the drugs and involves fewer risks.

In the movie Gomorrah, that dress maker who worked secretly for the Chinese was the character who I had the most sympathy for..
I really felt sorry for him, he was a good man..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET