Home

who is really calling the shots with the Columbos?

Posted By: mikeyballs211

who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 04:20 AM

I apologize if this has been discussed but I cant find a concrete answer..I know Snakes still listed as boss but who is the acting boss/street boss? Ive read mush Russo was but I also read hes on supervised release and retired? Ive seen some cites say Tom Farese is acting boss? Is it Donnie shacks? Or is it a name im prolly missing as an admitted mob novice??

Curious as to any insight the more knowledgeable posters may have if they have a ruling panel or an actual acting boss..I believe that families power has always been in Bk.
Posted By: azguy

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 07:50 PM

Reports have Donnie Shacks as acting underboss, but that's hard to believe he'd have that spot from cali and why would he want it. He's got a good kife out ther...
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 07:51 PM

Read somewhere mush russo's soon billy holds a lot of sway within the family , not sure how true that is
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 07:56 PM

Andy Mush
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:09 PM

Isn't he in prison?

Who's calling the shots on the outside right now?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Isn't he in prison?

Who's calling the shots on the outside right now?

He got out in 2013
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:20 PM

My mistake. Didn't realize he got time served.

Colombos seem like a fucking mess.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:26 PM

Can't see mush Russo being very active he is in his 80s
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

You would never know it if you herd him speak with out knowing his age,you would think he was a young 65 ..if you did not know from Adam .

It's the first time in a long time that they are functioning ..

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: domwoods74

You would never know it if you herd him speak with out knowing his age,you would think he was a young 65 ..if you did not know from Adam .

It's the first time in a long time that they are functioning ..
fair comment , they also have captains Michael catapano and Michael uvino being released next year, that will replenish the ranks with experience
Posted By: DB

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 10:05 PM

My guess is not many resources are committed to them right now

They pretty much BK and LI anyway

LI LE IMO has never done much and this coming from a guy with over 20 relatives there from O Park to U dale to CI

They could stabilize , who knows

I heard they had some good construction stuff but think I heard wrong
Posted By: pmac

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 10:31 PM

Probaly someone in the persico camp its work OK for them for the last 35+ years even if there doing life there still getting money. Snake brother teddy probaly off parole and passing on orders.
Posted By: Rocco1313

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/21/15 11:02 PM

Have the Columbos ever had a strong presensce outside of Brooklyn and Long Island?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: DB
My guess is not many resources are committed to them right now

They pretty much BK and LI anyway

LI LE IMO has never done much and this coming from a guy with over 20 relatives there from O Park to U dale to CI

They could stabilize , who knows

I heard they had some good construction stuff but think I heard wrong

You herd right but it's all legitimate till proven other wise.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 04:00 AM

Thanks for the responses fellas..so donnie shacks is still in CA ur right long way to be acting.UB

So im gathering possibly Mush Russo with his kid and maybe Teddy persico when hes free of all restrictions?

db good point thats kinda why I was asking bc LE has kicked the shit outta them but I know theyre still a fam so was wondering who is in their admin..I mean if Russo is in his 80s but healthy and hes clearly respected maybe he is the acting boss day to daycalling shots?

Jw but do u guys think when Snake dies theyll be free from Persico relatives in charge or is Teddy strong enuff and respected enuff to continue on in that fam? Or another Persico relative im missing?
Posted By: Ted

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 04:33 AM

Wasn't Teddy Jr. pretty much running things on the outside before his last arrest?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 02:20 PM

Teddy jr won't be free until 2020,I think that only a guy that last name is Persico can run the family maybe Michael Persico even isn't made.
Posted By: m2w

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Teddy jr won't be free until 2020,I think that only a guy that last name is Persico can run the family maybe Michael Persico even isn't made.

teddy persico sr. is the captain of that crew, teddy jr was the acting captain
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 03:38 PM

Is thier any updated proof that carmine is still sending orders from jail or is he retired and allyboy have the last say?
Posted By: Neo

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 04:50 PM

Anyone know why Allie Boy's daughter committed suicide?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 07/22/15 06:54 PM

Neo thats mental health no one really knows but herself. I was bored and reading the scarpa files on the FBI vault the 5 6 issues. Greg scarpa was positive Michael persico was a inducted member in 88 89. He was spot on everyone else even other family's. But a bunch of the recent rats said he was not but he talked for Allie. And Sonny fransese said some real cryptic shit to a guy wearing a wire like he's into some real important secret shit and Sonny hoped he was gonna get into soon then he was indicted. He has to be going to jail soon he plead out 2+ years ago. Is that real old guy Joe t. Still alive he was a close guy might be dead. And you think that guy Joe baud----- is back up. Guess there all over Staten island to.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/15/15 10:19 PM

You all will hear whats been going on at the top of that family soon.
You will also find out who the power is in that family.

Also who has had a special arrangement ,like in Italy with high profile guys that do not want there mafia status known.(And it has been honored for 30 years)

You will know now..

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/15/15 10:48 PM

You got Andy Russo who doesn't have a shit were he dies in jail or the street also lost his kid to a FBI frame job in prison that guy ain't gonna stop being a mobster. He took a pellet bean bag cause he wouldn't get off the phone in the mdc like 2 yrs ago and he don't give ashit he'll induct you in his jail cell like the kings. Then you got Carmine brother teddy so probaly them 2 and there kids. Read in capeci Michael goes to jail next week.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/15/15 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
You got Andy Russo who doesn't have a shit were he dies in jail or the street also lost his kid to a FBI frame job in prison that guy ain't gonna stop being a mobster. He took a pellet bean bag cause he wouldn't get off the phone in the mdc like 2 yrs ago and he don't give ashit he'll induct you in his jail cell like the kings. Then you got Carmine brother teddy so probaly them 2 and there kids. Read in capeci Michael goes to jail next week.

Thats where it's going to come out.
Some of it has been leaking for sometime but there are a few rats that have lots to say.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 12:40 AM

Carmine Persico is still official boss.

Though it hasn't been verified yet, it wouldn't surprise me if Andy Russo has resumed his role as acting boss.

Benjamin Castellazzo was indicted as official underboss so he likely retained the position while in prison. Now that he's out, or whenever he's off supervised release, the family wouldn't need Donnie Shacks as acting consigliere anymore.

If there is an official consigliere the feds haven't revealed it yet. Tom Farese is a captain who was acting consigliere but I'm not sure that's still the case.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Tom Farese is a captain who was acting consigliere but I'm not sure that's still the case.

He's in Florida virtually all year round now, Ivy. He lives about a quarter mile from our condo in Delray.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 01:24 AM

Tom farese interesting guy. Guess he's from east Boston went down Florida in the 70tys went to jail with some big Colombo guy down there met Allie persico daughter and married. Guy did a shit load of time guess heavy with the drugs and strip clubs down there. The guy did alot of time. I thought be was a bk guy that a tuff family to marry into.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Tom Farese is a captain who was acting consigliere but I'm not sure that's still the case.

He's in Florida virtually all year round now, Ivy. He lives about a quarter mile from our condo in Delray.

He also has a house up on there estate up north ,but there is always a woman staying in it .
She is around 45 ish.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 01:59 AM

Carmine Persico is still official boss.

Though it hasn't been verified yet, it wouldn't surprise me if Andy Russo has resumed his role as acting boss.

Benjamin Castellazzo was indicted as official underboss so he likely retained the position while in prison. Now that he's out, or whenever he's off supervised release, the family wouldn't need Donnie Shacks as acting consigliere anymore.

If there is an official consigliere the feds haven't revealed it yet. Tom Farese is a captain who was acting consigliere but I'm not sure that's still the case.

There is someone calling the shots for them . Thay are active and they are street or fronts.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:05 AM

He also has a house up on there estate up north ,but there is always a woman staying in it .
She is around 45 ish.

Oh, I'm sure he kept a property or two up top. The only point I was trying to make is that he spends most of his time in Florida these days. Believe it or not, he has a piece of an Irish bar. The place is a fucking goldmine.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:08 AM

Well hasn't he always been based in Florida?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:13 AM

Well hasn't he always been based in Florida?

Yeah, pretty much. But when I saw you post his name as a former admin member I mistakenly thought you meant that he was back in New York. Because when he had that spot, he was up here most of the time. Nothing clandestine or so-called "inside info."

It's just that the guy lives around the block from me down there and Floridians have a fascination with New York wiseguys. They'll gossip at a bar, be off by 99.9%, and my wife and I will just sit there and smile. My wife knows more about the life than those yokels lol.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:14 AM

The inlaw or married in right PB I am talking about same family right.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:17 AM

Gotcha wink.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 02:23 AM

Gotcha wink.

He/ they must like him gave him his own lane ,not that means anything but everyone else uses the main one for all .

All but Lil Allie Boy's house ,that has it's own also.

I guess that means something .

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 03:01 AM

Farese did like more then a decade n the horrible state prisons of florida. That put a sad face on the hardest mafiaosi. then came out in the 90 tys the feds sent in a undercover cuban druglord to run some million threw his clubs got hammerd again with more time and just keeps going. Probaly not a got look for any nyc famioy to name a top guy florida. Howa that for day to day mang. They also had that guy acting boss from Boston but they all are persico blood family or long time cellmates recently freed.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 03:08 AM

Ventian pool Carol gables I'll see you soon. Then off to delay for some envelopes.:)

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 03:32 AM

Ventian pool Carol gables I'll see you soon. Then off to delay for some envelopes.:)

The place is huge tourist trap. But you shouldn't miss it. And it's much less crowded during the summer, so it's a wise choice on your part.

Nearby Coconut Grove is much more laid back than the Gables. Make a day trip for the casual bars alone.

South Beach is ridiculous. But you're a young guy, so I know you'll check it out. Stop by the Clevelander. The pool bar is always filled with young people partying. Morning, noon and night.

It's right next door to the Cardozo, Gloria Estefan's place. They filmed the hair gel scene in "There's Something About Mary" at that hotel. The Cardozo is great, but there's no pool.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 07:29 AM

Every time PB mentions Delray this is all I hear:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jrwzYGUoA

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Every time PB mentions Delray this is all I hear:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jrwzYGUoA

You know, this is embarrassing. Because Seinfeldphile that I am, I never put two and two together there.

Boca and Delray border each other. Del Boca Vista was probably supposed to be on the border. And if it was close to A1A and the ocean, then Morty must have had some bucks. Raincoat money.

There's raincoat money?

Mendelbaum, Mendelbaum!

See what I did there? Two episodes in one, my boy lol.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 12:46 PM

And don't drink and drive or smoke and drive cos that's how they get lots of money in there coffers this time of year when most of they people are back up north.

And remember if you go south Key West area that they are the Conch Republic(Not the old USA) and you get caught up in anything there you will be there till this time next year unless you have a few properties to give them (and the properties have to free and clear)don't play around down there like you do home.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 01:24 PM

Didn't it come out in the Teddy Jr wiretaps that Michael Persico calls the shots.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 01:28 PM

Things are going to be out in a week or two.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/16/15 06:21 PM

And don't drink and drive or smoke and drive cos that's how they get lots of money in there coffers this time of year when most of they people are back up north.

Florida: Arrive on vacation go home on probation.

That's really a joke among the FDLE. Those are the Staties and they tend to come from inland, Okeechobee, and the Glades. These guys HATE Northerners like fucking poison, ESPECIALLY if they see a New York plate. Any Northern plate will do, but especially New York.

You're probably renting a car anyway, pmac. And they have Florida plates (although the plate readers know if they're rentals). Either way, don't drink and drive down there. If you get caught, you'll be in Hell. Back and forth to Florida, unless you plea out right away.

And even if you get no time, they'll have to transfer your probation to Boston. So right off the bat the probation officer will hate you because of all the extra paperwork lol. I wrote a lol, but I'm serious. If you don't have much experience driving down there, be very careful. And for God's sake, stay OFF the Florida Turnpike. Use 95, and then head East or West if you're traveling.

Friendly advice, Buddy smile.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/17/15 01:07 AM

Florida sounds awesome

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/17/15 01:13 AM

Road trips are awesome though.

Christy Brinkley in a ferrari

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/17/15 01:15 AM

Autocorrect changed the above to Christ Brinkly in a Ferrari.

Either she's holy. Or Christs driving a Ferrari.

Christ I'm funny.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/17/15 04:07 AM

Getting back on topic, i think at best micheal persico is a messenger with a loan sharking racket

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/17/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Getting back on topic, i think at best micheal persico is a messenger with a loan sharking racket
. He is hoping that the courts don't listen to the rats . He is hoping that they think the same way you do .
Posted By: Skinny

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/18/15 04:41 AM

You all will hear whats been going on at the top of that family soon.
You will also find out who the power is in that family.

Also who has had a special arrangement ,like in Italy with high profile guys that do not want there mafia status known.(And it has been honored for 30 years)

You will know now..

wouldn't be talking about the prince? wink

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/18/15 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
. He is hoping that the courts don't listen to the rats . He is hoping that they think the same way you do .

+1

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/18/15 08:41 PM

Well something is going on. He could have taken less then 5 years for certain amount of murders.

He is not, he is trying to fight it .
Now" he knows something" that no one knows or he is crazy".

Now you ask your self whats he doing ordering murders.
Now you say to your self all the way back when Scarpa was dropping bodies all over BK that there is way more to meets the eye.

I don't know I can't call it.

Maybe wrong place wrong time .

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/19/15 12:35 AM

Serp - I saw you posted about the Persicos having a family like compound right? Im not asking where its at or anything like that, but does the whole fam like all the kids, and his dead bros fam and everyone have land up there? Im invisioning the Kennedy compound which is crazy considering how much jail time that fam did how theyd have enuff to pay for that...just curious thanks for any response sir
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/19/15 08:14 AM

Michael Persico is not calling the shots, that guy that Teddy asked to kill was an associate of Michael. Teddy just needed to see how Michael feels on that hit. The feds are tickling the wires, cause the Colombo family has a few guys getting out soon or within the next year.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/19/15 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Michael Persico is not calling the shots, that guy that Teddy asked to kill was an associate of Michael. Teddy just needed to see how Michael feels on that hit. The feds are tickling the wires, cause the Colombo family has a few guys getting out soon or within the next year.
. That is the first time I have herd reasonable explanation of what he is doing . But there are other things being said . That could be the snitches telling non truths .

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/19/15 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Serp - I saw you posted about the Persicos having a family like compound right? Im not asking where its at or anything like that, but does the whole fam like all the kids, and his dead bros fam and everyone have land up there? Im invisioning the Kennedy compound which is crazy considering how much jail time that fam did how theyd have enuff to pay for that...just curious thanks for any response sir
Yes " of course at one time it was close to a full working farm and Adirondack resort type compound . The gas scam ", Check the dollar amount that was coming into the coffers and other . You had Carmine , Allie Boy , Teddy sr , Lil Allie Boy , Teddy jr(the only male that don't have a house there) Michael, And others not in the life . They are legitimate in many things . Carmine and Joyce have a very large spread out river Rock extra large ranch style house it has been refurbished recently solar panels the whole bit absolutely gorgeous those old River rock homes . Lil Allie Boys is a tutor style home and the others up front are the same . In the rear they are all different .

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 03:38 AM

Thanks for the answer Serp..totally forgot bout their gake w the gas tax scam..but also I mean your right carmines been involved since the 50s..crazy to think of their mob style compoundnin that small upstate ny town..be kinda kinda ironic if it was near Apalachin haha

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 03:41 AM

Back to my original post im gathering that Mush Russo is running shit day to day along w Teddy (not sure if hes locked up current hard to keel all the Persicos straight)...id venture to guess when Carmine goes hell name Teddy as the new official boss? Thoughts?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 06:03 AM

Back to my original post im gathering that Mush Russo is running shit day to day along w Teddy (not sure if hes locked up current hard to keel all the Persicos straight)...id venture to guess when Carmine goes hell name Teddy as the new official boss? Thoughts?

I'm not one to make predictions but it wouldn't surprise me if Little Allie Boy becomes official boss after Carmine goes.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 10:46 AM

I'm not one to make predictions but it wouldn't surprise me if Little Allie Boy becomes official boss after Carmine goes.

x2
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 01:03 PM

Is there a lot of antipathy towards the Persico clan from non blood related family members?

I mean some of them got to want a shift in the paradigm.

They bring a lot of baggage. There always seems to be something, be it killing someone who your wife cheated on you with or bringing heat by getting caught robbing supplies from a retail store.

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 01:54 PM

The argument could be made Moe that if youve a nice lightning rod in place, why change it and place it on your head?

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 02:07 PM

True Sonny and they may have three soon if Michael don't know what he is doing . I know that Teddy sr is not a gangster or a racketeer and was pushed into the life by Carmine. The family is very loyal so he did it . But don't count on it again . If Michael does not know what he is doing playing with this plea then he may I turn wind up in for a stay longer then expected . That happens you may finally see a change in the family cos teddy jr has the muscle but not the brains to run an organization .
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: who is really calling the shots with the Columbos? - 08/21/15 09:16 PM

Yea really it is smart on Carmine's part because what else can the government do to him? They already have him for life and can't really do anything but add more time, so why not cover for your family? Same for Allie Boy as I agree he will become the boss when his old man dies. If I was a skipper in that family I would for sure be claiming to everyone he is the boss as it would take the heat off any others.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET