Home

Daniel Marino, etc.

Posted By: ovation32

Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/16/15 03:07 PM

Any news on him since he was released? I am curious as to whether there are any clear divisions in the Gambino family between Cefalu/Cali/Cherry Hill Gambino supporters on one side and the older guard on the other (and I don't mean the Gotti guys). Is it generally accepted that Corozzo, Marino, etc. embrace the Sicilian faction? Also, what has come of that 3-man panel that was reported about a year or two ago?
Posted By: azguy

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/16/15 04:58 PM

I'm always interested in him and John "Jackie Nose" D'Amico since they were such important players and then nothing. Both have been out a while "the nose" since 2012 and Marino since last summer. Not sure if they had three years of supervised release or not.

Plus another name from the past Joseph "Jo Jo" Corozzo gets out in January.
Posted By: Crash

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 02:52 AM

Isnt DiMaria out as well ? He and Marino are neighbors in dyker heights.
Posted By: Calzone

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 02:55 AM

He really produced with the Dolphins too
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 05:35 AM

Sonny Ciccone got out two years ago.
Posted By: British

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 11:24 AM

Jackie the nose is an interesting character
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Sonny Ciccone got out two years ago.

Demoted to soldier when he went away, retired.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 01:04 PM

Marino & DiMaria are skippers, Jackie is a soldier, Lorenzo Mannino has his old crew (18th Ave)
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 02:19 PM

Where does the Corozzo business go currently? Does DiMaria control what they had until JoJo gets out, is Blaise more involved or does he have nothing to do with anything Nicky or JoJo had?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
Where does the Corozzo business go currently? Does DiMaria control what they had until JoJo gets out, is Blaise more involved or does he have nothing to do with anything Nicky or JoJo had?

Jimmy Dellarratta was acting for Nicky Corozzo until he got busted, maybe Dragonetti is acting? Blaise is a soldier in that crew. DiMaria has his own crew, has since the 90's, he may well be taking care of Nicky's crew as well though.

JoJo and Nicky always had separate crews so I doubt JoJo will take over Nicky's crew when he's out and off restrictions, which will be around 2018. When JoJo got bumped to consig Ronnie Trucchio got his crew.

One things for sure, he ain't getting his old consig spot back. One of the zips will probably have that, Maninno or Gambino.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 04:25 PM

Good post Tommy
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Jimmy Dellarratta was acting for Nicky Corozzo until he got busted, maybe Dragonetti is acting? Blaise is a soldier in that crew. DiMaria has his own crew, has since the 90's, he may well be taking care of Nicky's crew as well though.

JoJo and Nicky always had separate crews so I doubt JoJo will take over Nicky's crew when he's out and off restrictions, which will be around 2018. When JoJo got bumped to consig Ronnie Trucchio got his crew.

One things for sure, he ain't getting his old consig spot back. One of the zips will probably have that, Maninno or Gambino.

speaking of ol Jimmy boy...

what kind of time did they give him for that cigarette thing with skins?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

He just got probation, because of his bad health.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 06:13 PM

He just got probation, because of his bad health.
Louis mastrangelo got Jo jo's crew

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 07:30 PM

Dom Mastrangelo got Vernace's crew, the old Scala crew.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 07:57 PM

Dom Mastrangelo got Vernace's crew, the old Scala crew.
yeah tommy , sorry got mixed up pal , that's what I meant
Posted By: eggplant

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/17/15 10:12 PM

Helluva quarterback.
Posted By: tt120

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 01:05 AM

i saw jackie on 3rd and 85th outside of the chipotle on wednesday evening talking with two other guys who looked like they were straight out of central casting. i passed by and actually heard him mention something about gotti to one of the other guys, "everyone thinks that hanging out with john gotti was..." and thats all i heard. i did a double take when i heard that and instantly recgonized d'amico. kind of ironic. he looks like he hasnt aged a day compared to those pictures he was always in with gotti during the late 80s

im curious about his status and whether or not he still runs a crew. i know at one point him and cefalu were both in the administration at the same time. everyone said he was always broke... thats gotta be a relative term bc i highly doubt he is
Posted By: Neo

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: tt120
i saw jackie on 3rd and 85th outside of the chipotle on wednesday evening talking with two other guys who looked like they were straight out of central casting. i passed by and actually heard him mention something about gotti to one of the other guys, "everyone thinks that hanging out with john gotti was..." and thats all i heard. i did a double take when i heard that and instantly recgonized d'amico. kind of ironic. he looks like he hasnt aged a day compared to those pictures he was always in with gotti during the late 80s

im curious about his status and whether or not he still runs a crew. i know at one point him and cefalu were both in the administration at the same time. everyone said he was always broke... thats gotta be a relative term bc i highly doubt he is

I'll finish that sentence for you...

".....a good thing, but in reality it just brought a lot of fucking trouble."
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Neo
[quote=tt120]i saw jackie on 3rd and 85th outside of the chipotle on wednesday evening talking with two other guys who looked like they were straight out of central casting. i passed by and actually heard him mention something about gotti to one of the other guys, "everyone thinks that hanging out with john gotti was..." and thats all i heard. i did a double take when i heard that and instantly recgonized d'amico. kind of ironic. he looks like he hasnt aged a day compared to those pictures he was always in with gotti during the late 80s

Jackie earned but I heard he couldn't keep a dime in his pocket.. been told he was out every night drinking or at a card game..he also owed butters and frank like 200k.. he didn't have the 200k or the 4 a week with his lifestyle and gambling... hard to keep much money put away

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 11:53 AM

Jackie must have earned a ton when he was acting boss, surely he hasn't blown it.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 05:01 PM

From all reports this guy doesn't want to do more time. But its like a fly and a light just doesn't want to go away probaly doesn't no anything else this guy like the deffanition of lcn. What's he 75 thats the golden years in the westside. The second he gets off probation he be all over the place again if his health is fine. Jail preserves some.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/18/15 05:02 PM

Kinda shocking the last boss to be indicted was Tommy g 7 yrs ago.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 06:37 PM

tommy, no disrespect but you got ur wires crossed a bit. louie m was an associate under jojo until later in his life, vernace was too but got a separate crew. sonny ciccone is still a captain, if i had to guess he has danny and or nicky c to thank for his stripes. just my two cents
Posted By: bronx

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 06:56 PM

skinny is right on about lou m. maybe 2000, 2001 he got made ..jojo and nicky is on point
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 07:55 PM

Any Info about Marino early years,where he grew up,etc..?I know that he was in the 50s gang called Dahill rd Gremlins..They were based north of Kengsington,Brooklyn,does anybody have some more info on them?One of their leaders shot a Ditmas duke in 1958.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Neo
Originally Posted By: tt120

I'll finish that sentence for you...

".....a good thing, but in reality it just brought a lot of fucking trouble."

"Everyone thinks that hanging out with John Gotti was... Fun... But truth was he Fukin killed us with his non-stop demands. It weren't easy, let me tell u fellas that. He even called me Fukin CRIPPLED & I don't blame him"

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Any Info about Marino early years,where he grew up,etc..?I know that he was in the 50s gang called Dahill rd Gremlins..They were based north of Kengsington,Brooklyn,does anybody have some more info on them?One of their leaders shot a Ditmas duke in 1958.

he was under lombardozzi. lots of street guys under him with packages and loans, hes also a legitimate millionaire since the 90s at least.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 09:18 PM

he was put with jimmy brown along with george l and john g,and carmine's brother 's
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 10:23 PM

From what this guys own family say about him I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.. Guy is ruthless. Suppose it was his wife's family really not his

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
he was put with jimmy brown along with george l and john g,and carmine's brother 's

bronx was carmine captain of the crew dom got?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
tommy, no disrespect but you got ur wires crossed a bit. louie m was an associate under jojo until later in his life, vernace was too but got a separate crew. sonny ciccone is still a captain, if i had to guess he has danny and or nicky c to thank for his stripes. just my two cents

I didn't say he wasnt! I remember kenji saying that about a year ago,that Ronnie one Arm and his kid, Vernace & Lou all came up under JoJo, like I said, Vernace got the Scala crew, then passed to Lou after he got bumped IMO

I know Ciccone's crew got broken up when he went to jail and heard few people say he's just a soldier, interesting Skinny, thanks.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/19/15 11:30 PM

Which Dom ?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 12:42 PM

Skinny, you mean Skinny Dom?
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 02:22 PM

Speaking of Jimmy Brown.

Anyone think he would have made a good boss?

I have heard people say that before. Wasn't he mainly just a garbage guy? Was he that universally liked?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 02:34 PM

He would made a better boss that Gotti,that for sure I think.Very well respected and liked,at least in his neighbourhood and Im sure in the entire city too.In my opinion,Big Paul should made him boss in 85 before he was killed not Tommy Gambino.He had a big crew,and made big money with garbage.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 07:01 PM

jimmy was very sharp..knew the life as good as anyone, could have been a boss, but he was not a well liked guy, another self righteous ego.held a lot of guys back from getting made over little mistakes from their past.. underboss ..yes. devious guy.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 07:04 PM

danny m. would have been a good boss.. joe arcuri, frank loc, also, lorenzo m will make a good boss someday

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 07:33 PM

danny m. would have been a good boss.. joe arcuri, frank loc, also, lorenzo m will make a good boss someday
I agree Bronx , Lorenzo is defo being groomed for the top spot someday , arcuri would have been a great boss , 60 odd years a gambino member from mangano through to the gotti era , it's just a shame he was 286 years old wen gotti went to the can lol

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/21/15 10:46 PM

DannyM. being Daniel Marino right?Was he well liked,enough to be number 1?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 01:53 AM

yeah...lol..but still very sharp, so sharp pete said joe is losing it then took him out of that acting position..joe just did not want any part of the gotti mess\

\
\\\\\\\\\\\\

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 01:55 AM

yes twice..always remember, not everyone loves you..always a faction that thinks they should have the power
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 01:23 PM

just read up on Acuri, seems like the real deal, was he ever even arrested?
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 02:54 PM

Marino, DiMaria, and Corozza were all very tight so they have a good working relationship crew wise ( i imagine). Marino is also very well off financially and has a nice house over in dyker heights.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 05:45 PM

danny is worth 10's of millions, those guys are close now, not before dan went to prison in 94

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 06:06 PM

danny is worth 10's of millions, those guys are close now, not before dan went to prison in 94

are corozzo's rich

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 09:39 PM

not like danny

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 09:45 PM

seems like marino did real well under big paul and probaly better under gotti cause he didnt take so much ive read. seems like gotti and him got along fine. theres wire taps of him saying nothing bad about sr. to kasman but saying jr could shine his shoes or something. read that guy acuri had his own little paving union/black top. i dont know for how long but im guessing he made bank for along time. marino had ins on the javitts place where comic con is.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 07/22/15 10:44 PM

danny got his uncles riches, then made more..but in was all carmine.. it was 1018 pavers..had the local from first day it was formed..joe a. owned bldgs. in nyc going back 80 years with his father ..
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 08/21/15 01:00 PM

Speaking of Jimmy Brown.

I have heard people say that before. Wasn't he mainly just a garbage guy? Was he that universally liked?

I want to say he never did prison time. Is that true?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 08/21/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Speaking of Jimmy Brown.

I want to say he never did prison time. Is that true?

Wiki:
"In 1991, Gravano became a government witness and implicated Failla in the 1989 Spinelli murder. In April 1993, Failla was charged with racketeering and murdering Spinelli.[6] In 1994, in a plea bargain deal, Failla pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit murder. During the sentencing phase, Failla appeared in court on crutches and his lawyer pleaded for leniency based on his client's heart problems and hypertension. Failla was sentenced to seven years in prison.[2][7]

On August 5, 1999, James Failla died of natural causes in a federal prison in Texas."

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 08/21/15 08:45 PM

Cheers, Sonny.

Ah, good old hypertension. The old fall back option for a mobster standing in front of a judge.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 08/21/15 09:11 PM

I'm sure I read failla was acting boss of the gambinos for a short time in between gambino dying and castellano being elected boss

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 12/04/15 08:52 PM

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 12/06/15 12:50 PM

Great find, any idea when this was taken?

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 12/06/15 01:05 PM

Great find, any idea when this was taken?
it's from the John H Davies book Mafia dynasty Tommy

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 12/06/15 05:44 PM

65 degrees out in December sweet. I see these pics are kinda old I seen a recent won from probaly 5 yts back when he got arrested. So he must be back on the street. This guy is like is the last capo from probaly big pauls days. He probaly be like in retired but if he makes any money on some illegal shit you think he kicks up to however. I think yes he knows the rules. He was smart he seen rite threw Lewis kasman trying to entrap him.

Re: Daniel Marino, etc. - 12/06/15 05:45 PM

Whoever.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET