Home

Onofrio and Philip Modica..?

Posted By: alexandarns

Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 08:26 AM

Do we know anything about these two guys?There is little to nothing about them on the net.
Thanks
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 08:34 AM

Don't know much about Philip other then he was with the carpenters union.

Onofrio is in Danny Marino's crew, get's out in 2018.

On August 22, 1987, MODICA’s motorcycle was used in connection with the drive-by shooting of two individuals in Staten Island, JAMES DIGUGLIELMO and RICHARD SBARRA. After the murders occurred, MODICA made false statements to the police and helped to hide and destroy evidence in an effort to protect the individuals who killed DIGUGLIELMO and SBARRA from being arrested and convicted.

In 1992, then-boss JOHN J. GOTTI was on trial for federal racketeering and murder charges in the Eastern District of New York. MODICA, along with various other Gambino Family members, took part in a plot to locate the anonymous, sequestered jurors sitting on that trial. MODICA and the others eventually penetrated various security measures, and located the jury at the hotel where it was sequestered. The plan to tamper with the jury was called off, however, when GOTTI came to believe that the jury would not convict him, even without outside interference.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 08:35 AM

They were both indicted during the sweep of the gambinos that involved sex trafficking of a minor. One of these guys i believe onofrio was convicted of a drug related drive by shooting that killed an innocent bystander.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 08:36 AM

ignore my post tommy got the right info.

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

On August 22, 1987, MODICA’s motorcycle was used in connection with the drive-by shooting of two individuals in Staten Island, JAMES DIGUGLIELMO and RICHARD SBARRA. After the murders occurred, MODICA made false statements to the police and helped to hide and destroy evidence in an effort to protect the individuals who killed DIGUGLIELMO and SBARRA from being arrested and convicted.

In 1992, then-boss JOHN J. GOTTI was on trial for federal racketeering and murder charges in the Eastern District of New York. MODICA, along with various other Gambino Family members, took part in a plot to locate the anonymous, sequestered jurors sitting on that trial. MODICA and the others eventually penetrated various security measures, and located the jury at the hotel where it was sequestered. The plan to tamper with the jury was called off, however, when GOTTI came to believe that the jury would not convict him, even without outside interference.

Thats helpfull Tommy,thanks.I think that they were Brooklyn based guys,but other than that not too sure..

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns

Thats helpfull Tommy,thanks.I think that they were Brooklyn based guys,but other than that not too sure..

Staten Island Alex, like a lot of Marino's crew.

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
They were both indicted during the sweep of the gambinos that involved sex trafficking of a minor. One of these guys i believe onofrio was convicted of a drug related drive by shooting that killed an innocent bystander.

I don't think Philip was, just Onofrio.

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 11:54 AM

Staten Island Alex, like a lot of Marino's crew.

Thanks again Tommy.I thought Onofrio was older than philip?

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 12:05 PM

My bad it is Philip who is older than Onofrio.

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 12:33 PM

My bad it is Philip who is older than Onofrio.

Pretty sure Philip is Onofrio's dad, or uncle. He's 80 odd, Onofrio is 51.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 12:49 PM

Philip is the son of Onofrio (an old timer who died in 1971). Onofrio "Noel" is the son of Philip.

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Philip is the son of Onofrio (an old timer who died in 1971). Onofrio "Noel" is the son of Philip.

Oh ok,thats where I was confussed.Thanks HK
Posted By: pmac

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/26/15 07:06 PM

Wasn't the feds arguing he was a made guy he said he wasn't. But they wanted him to get more time. Think he held out on the global plea for awhile and probaly pisses some guys off. Take Dan Marino is free or in a halfway.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Onofrio and Philip Modica..? - 02/27/15 12:39 AM

correct, all made guys
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET