Home

Who Knew

Posted By: DuesPaid

Who Knew - 01/22/15 08:09 PM

Who Knew Who....

Do you think Jimmy, Tommy and Henry from the Lucchese crew, Knew John and his crew from the Gambino's.

They were about a mile away from each other as far as what the neighborhood boarders on and both worked the airport ( JFK / Idlehour).

I also wonder why more attention was not directed towards what,,,if anything ,,,,went down at La Guardia as far as Hijacks / Corruption.

It just seams like something is missing, or did the Fed only want publicized what worked in their favor?

Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 08:28 PM

Of course they knew each other, John is even mentioned in Wiseguy. The Vario crew and the Gotti crew had a strong foothold in JFK, along with some of the Colombos I think.

Billy Batts Bentvena was supposedly part of Gotti's crew also and John was pissed when he found out Tommy had him whacked.
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 08:29 PM

Lga is not a big cargo facility like jfk.
Posted By: Terence

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 08:36 PM

I doubt it. John was a nobody when Burke, DeSimone and Hill were doing their thing with the Vario crew. Burke wouldn't have given a fuck about Gotti unless he saw an opportunity to squeeze something out of him. Hill was always a bullshitter and not of the appropriate stock for a conversation with Gotti. DeSimone on the other hand...who the fuck knows? Guy was rambunctious, devoid of fear and nuttier than squirrel shit.
Posted By: Terence

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Terence
I doubt it. John was a nobody when Burke, DeSimone and Hill were doing their thing with the Vario crew. Burke wouldn't have given a fuck about Gotti unless he saw an opportunity to squeeze something out of him. Hill was always a bullshitter and not of the appropriate stock for a conversation with Gotti. DeSimone on the other hand...who the fuck knows? Guy was rambunctious, devoid of fear and nuttier than squirrel shit.

Knew of each other I suppose but not a close association in my opinion.
Posted By: RedBullets

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 09:36 PM

Yeah, definitely. Throught the 60's and 70's Those crews operated closely and a bunch went into that prison in Pennsylvania at the same time.

Hill said Burke used to beef with all those Gambino guys, specifically Gotti when he was a de facto made guy, but it never really got serious(other than Bentvena).

Edit: And they also used to have joint gambling operations together. Vario and Burke with the Carmine Fatico crew.
Posted By: DB

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 09:41 PM

Definately knew each other and by the late 70s probably hated each other

I believe Burke would complain about the hits gotti was doing on his guys

No first hand knowledge here but I have read this
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Who Knew - 01/22/15 11:39 PM

Makes Scence..... all of it.

Wilding: How Jimmy defended his actions with his Unsponcerd crew delivering retribution undistirbed and withholding unpresidented gains.

I wonder why such loose management, of another Family, was not observed or taken advantage of from such a sharp, penetrating Family / crew of the Gambino's.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET