Home

Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/19/15 06:50 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/john-junior-gotti-growing-son-john-gotti-article-1.2082804

No point in buying the thing when they post all the good bits for free.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 03:14 PM

Gotti sr. threatens to kill his wife because the kid wanted to be a cop for halloween...And the media still glorifies this guy ??

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 03:28 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-My-Father-John-Gotti-ebook/dp/B00S33XEPY/ref=zg_bsnr_11314_1

Junior Gotti says - presumably with a straight face - that the Feds had to rig the game to bring his father to justice. After his father rigged two juries! lol

He complains about the big scene that accompanied his 2008 arrest. Says he wasn't a flight risk so it wasn't necessary.

Yes, Junior. Just like Persico, Amuso, Casso and Massino weren't flight risks when they fled to escape justice.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 04:50 PM

Wow you guys see some of those pictures?
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 05:38 PM

im not buying the book. I don't like this guy jr. I don't want to give that dude a nickel.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 06:05 PM

If it wasn't for Gotti Sr. then more than half of the stories that are out here now wouldn't be out here for yous guys to read. Cut the kid some slack and buy his book wink.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 08:51 PM

I would red it if I had a kindle. I wouldn't think jr. was gonna name names. hes letting out a lot of old secrets and storys. from the little free pages I read on amazon I never knew ray patriarca sr had a grand kid in scool with jr. and niel, john and ray would have meets there a lot on the weekends. I seen some pictures of john and the bergin guys with the providence guys guess they were tight.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 09:39 PM

i read it last night, the CN stuff is what everyone wants to know, is not there, very disappointed, but he can never tell the truth. i knew that before i purchased...he would get clipped for sure..
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/20/15 09:40 PM

Just got it to Kindle.

Will read after I finish Little Al.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 06:24 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...son-memoir.html

Even if I believed that Gotti died due to intentional neglect, which I don't for one second, he hardly expects sympathy after all the people his father ordered to die excruciating deaths?

I found Junior Gotti to be very deceptive, and disingenuous, in the 60 Minutes interview.

I would take a lot of the book with a pinch of salt. Pure propaganda.
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 10:28 AM

The government harassed this family based on the sins of the father. If anything, I believe Junior did the thing that men should do...care for and support his wife and kids. Junior got in on the tail end of the good ole days, it wasn't the same LCN that his father was a part of. Of course he can't say certain things, his freedom is at stake. Junior was nobody's fool and was nobody to fool with.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...son-memoir.html

Even if I believed that Gotti died due to intentional neglect, which I don't for one second, he hardly expects sympathy after all the people his father ordered to die excruciating deaths?

I found Junior Gotti to be very deceptive, and disingenuous, in the 60 Minutes interview.

I would take a lot of the book with a pinch of salt. Pure propaganda.

Moe, if you think for one minute that Gotti Sr's health wasnt grossly neglected in prison then you obviously live in the land of oz and you are very naive.
I found Gotti JR to be very genuine and well spoken during his 60 minutes interview.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 11:31 AM

Wow the admission he attended a proffer session, makes me sick, what a fucking disgrace.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
im not buying the book. I don't like this guy jr. I don't want to give that dude a nickel.

Agree,really dont like the guy myself.Gotti topic is seriously dull for a long time now.Not to mention Jr.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 11:33 AM

Moe what planet do you live on, the prison system uses horrible medical care as a form of cruel and unusual punishment, the doctors who participate in the torture deserve there heads cut off.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 11:50 AM

Every mobster that is in jail,says the same thing.Every last one of them.Have no symphaty what so ever,and he deseves none!All of his brothers were gangsters,give me a break please.
This guy Jr eve isnt a bit likable like the othe rats or book writers or what he wants to call himself
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 11:54 AM

I wouldn't want to get a flu shot in Federal Prison, let alone cancer care. I've seen those prison wards with my own eyes while visiting a sick inmate. It's shameful. The prison hospital at Lewisburg makes Bellevue look like the Mayo Clinic. Furthermore, it's the Government's hypocrisy that makes Gotti a sympathetic figure to some people (not to me, though).

You already mentioned that Vicki stated that the Feds had to cheat to put Gotti away, and you correctly pointed out that Gotti fixed two juries himself. But the Government (especially Holier-Than-Thou types like Gleeson and Mouw) needs to be held to a higher standard. And making a deal with a serial killer and denying Gotti his regular counsel was not a higher standard. They had to lower themselves to his level to win. But they're supposed to be the good guys.

And if it was my father who died because of what started out as a simple oral cancer, which has a highly successful cure rate, then I'd be pissed off, too.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I would red it if I had a kindle.

What´s a kindle?

(Pizzaboy told me/forced me to ask) lol

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I would red it if I had a kindle.

What´s a kindle?

(Pizzaboy told me/forced me to ask) lol

Wiseass lol.

Buy a tablet. A good one, though. Best of both worlds. It doesn't even have to be an iPad. You can grab an 8 or 9 inch ASUS or Samsung for less than $200 when they're on sale.

Best part is, you can get a plan that suits your needs. When you're at home, you use your own Wi-Fi to save on the data charges.
Posted By: ThreeTomatos

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 01:25 PM

I meant to ask do I need a kindle to buy this book? I've never bought an e-book before have a Samsung tablet

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ThreeTomatos
I meant to ask do I need a kindle to buy this book? I've never bought an e-book before have a Samsung tablet

Just go to the Google Play store and look for the Amazon Kindle app. It's free, and you can take it from there. Just as good for reading as a Nook or Kindle, if not better.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 03:26 PM

It started off pretty good, I am puttin down Little AL and moving forward with this one.

I will catch up with Al later.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 03:37 PM

Download kindle app from apple store on iphone. Use with iphone.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 08:55 PM

Can use them on laptops too. I've bought a few ebooks that I've read on the laptop as I don't care for a kindle or ipad
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I wouldn't want to get a flu shot in Federal Prison, let alone cancer care. I've seen those prison wards with my own eyes while visiting a sick inmate. It's shameful. The prison hospital at Lewisburg makes Bellevue look like the Mayo Clinic. Furthermore, it's the Government's hypocrisy that makes Gotti a sympathetic figure to some people (not to me, though).

You already mentioned that Vicki stated that the Feds had to cheat to put Gotti away, and you correctly pointed out that Gotti fixed two juries himself. But the Government (especially Holier-Than-Thou types like Gleeson and Mouw) needs to be held to a higher standard. And making a deal with a serial killer and denying Gotti his regular counsel was not a higher standard. They had to lower themselves to his level to win. But they're supposed to be the good guys.

And if it was my father who died because of what started out as a simple oral cancer, which has a highly successful cure rate, then I'd be pissed off, too.

People are naive if they don't think Prosecutors have a massive advantage in these federal cases, let alone these mafia cases. Their conviction rate in these mafia cases is easily 90%+ and it isn't because they play fair. They play for keeps- ethical rules be damned.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/21/15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid
It started off pretty good, I am puttin down Little AL and moving forward with this one.

I will catch up with Al later.

Gotti Jr is a hundred times more interesting than Little Al. You don't get the nickname "little al" or "the professor" by being interesting.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Their conviction rate in these mafia cases is easily 90%+ and it isn't because they play fair. They play for keeps- ethical rules be damned.

They bat 900 because they get indicments when the preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly points to conviction.
To state the conviction rate is 90% because they're unethical is more than slightly incorrect.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Their conviction rate in these mafia cases is easily 90%+ and it isn't because they play fair. They play for keeps- ethical rules be damned.

They bat 900 because they get indicments when the preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly points to conviction.
To state the conviction rate is 90% because they're unethical is more than slightly incorrect.

Good point.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 09:08 AM

Where do you live sonny? It's beyond a reasonable doubt in every us jurisdiction.

I would point you to several books from former prosecutors making this point- about prosecutorial leverage at a federal level- but I doubt you have any interest in actually learning something.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 09:27 AM

I gotta agree with LittleNicky here.. the govt has been known to bend the rules to convict people, and if it's a Mafia case? Forget about it, you're going away for a very long time. Not only that but if you've spit in their faces, they WILL retaliate, one way or another... and something like neglecting Gotti's health (which we're discussing here) is not entirely beneath them.

The prosecutors, especially on federal cases are always tight with the feds/cops, and probably close to the judges too. My point is that if the govt wants your head they'll get it whether you're guilty or not, truth be damned. We joke around by comparing them to the mob, but honestly it's a spot-on comparison.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 10:54 AM

Where do you live sonny? It's beyond a reasonable doubt in every us jurisdiction.

I would point you to several books from former prosecutors making this point- about prosecutorial leverage at a federal level- but I doubt you have any interest in actually learning something.

You are right,i dont know nothing about it and nobody in my family has ever been to jail or even close,so i belive what you all are saying.

To get get back on topic,to me and ONLY to me,myself and i,a guys who reads books about the LCN and everything to do with NY in general,topic of Gotti aswell as his legacy is dull and spread out.He is not interasting to me at all not to mention his son.John sr,a guy who couldnt do anything more than loan shark and gamble.His son who is called an idiot by his own father,is a story for himself.Grow up needing nothing in a middle class community,went to that academy and so on..Now he wanted to be a gangster,thats so wrong in manny ways.Than he gets made at 24,talk about nepotism.That guy has no charm no charisma,not one bit.He will never see a dime from me personally,nor do i belive his crap.Thats all i have to say on this book topic,sorry if this offends somebody.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/22/15 10:54 AM

Of that I'm aware. What has this to do with ethical prosecution?

I'm sorry I'm still not seeing a point here. 'Prosecutorial leverage at a federal level'?
You stated the high rate of conviction was due to unfairness, then alluded to it being due to unethical behaviour. I'm still not seeing any supporting evidence of this.

The success rate in conviction is in almost all mafia cases due to prosecutors assembling a preponderance of evidence before the case is even brought to trial. Not because of ethics or even the mysterious prosecutorial leverage, at any level.

And throwing in an insult says more about your argument, than mine.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/23/15 01:45 AM

Gotti Jr and Alite competing to release a book first, that says alot given the kindle stuff is so cheap will probably buy both of them.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/24/15 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
I gotta agree with LittleNicky here.. the govt has been known to bend the rules to convict people, and if it's a Mafia case? Forget about it, you're going away for a very long time. Not only that but if you've spit in their faces, they WILL retaliate, one way or another... and something like neglecting Gotti's health (which we're discussing here) is not entirely beneath them.

The prosecutors, especially on federal cases are always tight with the feds/cops, and probably close to the judges too. My point is that if the govt wants your head they'll get it whether you're guilty or not, truth be damned. We joke around by comparing them to the mob, but
honestly it's a spot-on comparison.

Tell that to the Kubecka & Barstow families. How much time did Anthony Baratta & Salvatore Avellino do in prison for their murders? Did their fortunes get touched? I mean Bowat was dealing in heroin in prison! Yet he's home free again and gets to enjoy his retirement and have sit downs with his ne'er do well son over a table at Rao's. First world problems eh?

I hear what people say about John Gotti e.g. not getting his first choice lawyer when he finally went down - I thought it was because of a blatant conflict of interest because mob lawyers were getting too involved/aware of clients other/crimes - but what about all the money the govt. spent on Gotti's other trials and the 16 hour days prosecutors put in for a case that was a forgone conclusion because the defendant bought a juror anyway?

So what if the govt. plays them at their own game if that's what it has to do to put them away. Mobsters can extort/defraud/loanshark/kill/deal drugs with immunity and the govt. can't touch them.

At least they can afford the best legal help with the money from their illegal assets or decide to co-operate.

I don't think Antwone or Jose can afford Cutler's rates.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 12:20 PM

This book just keeps dragging on and on and on...so far he makes himself out to be some boy scout it's kinda stupid.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 12:29 PM

jr was smart to go the kindle route as hes probably dissecting the alite book and will write another 500 pages to discredit it and just make a few more bucks. a friend in jail says its common that inmates who have problems with others access to the law library/computers can type up fake paperwork on some one and get them labeled a rat. remember that guy in the feds who made up a bunch of fakes 302 putting puff daddy behind the murder of biggie or some sshit like that maybe 2pac. he was a fat guy in on fraud charges. think the post or the daily news took the bite. it looked so real and he duped a lot of folks. but I believe George a and his editors wouldn't be stupid anuff to get sued.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ThreeTomatos

3Tomatos, Amazon has something called Kindle for PC. You don't need to own a special tablet or Nook in order to download an eBook. You download Kindle for PC right to the computer you already use, then you can read books full screen right from home with one click of the mouse.

I still love a hardcover though. Nothing like holding a heavy book in your hand and flipping through the tan sheets with black type on them. Right now I'm getting into some Peter Lance (Deal With The Devil). He is a great true crime author.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 01:27 PM

jr was smart to go the kindle route as hes probably dissecting the alite book and will write another 500 pages to discredit it and just make a few more bucks. a friend in jail says its common that inmates who have problems with others access to the law library/computers can type up fake paperwork on some one and get them labeled a rat. remember that guy in the feds who made up a bunch of fakes 302 putting puff daddy behind the murder of biggie or some sshit like that maybe 2pac. he was a fat guy in on fraud charges. think the post or the daily news took the bite. it looked so real and he duped a lot of folks. but I believe George a and his editors wouldn't be stupid anuff to get sued.

Carnesi (the lawyer) isn't denying that the 302 is valid, he's just asking who leaked it. That tells you all you need to know.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
I still love a hardcover though. Nothing like holding a heavy book in your hand and flipping through the tan sheets with black type on them. Right now I'm getting into some Peter Lance (Deal With The Devil). He is a great true crime author.

Absolutely. The only thing I like about a tablet/book reader is the free preview. If I like the preview, then I usually go buy the hardcover (unless of course the book is "direct to Kindle").
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Absolutely. The only thing I like about a tablet/book reader is the free preview. If I like the preview, then I usually go buy the hardcover (unless of course the book is "direct to Kindle").

Well...one thing I like about this site, is that practically everyone here loves to read. This is an educational forum.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 03:03 PM

I downloaded the Alite book on Kindle and am about 50% through it. It is good and really holds your attention however you have to keep in mind that there is a lot of BS in it. I am sure the Jr Gotti book will also have a lot of BS. These two books are about two guys who used to be good friends but now hate each other, so you have to factor in all the animosity and the truth will be somewhere in the middle. I will order the Gotti book when I finish Alite.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book - 01/30/15 08:25 PM

I only read some of the previews and Alite's book seemed a little more interesting and probably a little more truthful. Gotti did give us some family anecdotes but of course the juicy Cosa Nostra details are left out because he's not in the WITSEC or anything like that, so you can't really blame him for that. I'm not sure which one to buy though...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET