Home

Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family

Posted By: Homers77

Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 12/06/14 05:09 PM

Hey everyone ... I stumbled upon this show Peaky Blinders about a fictional crime family in England the Shelby Family..

I would really recommend it it's better than Boardwalk Empire ...

You guys should check it out !!
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 12/06/14 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Homers77
Hey everyone ... I stumbled upon this show Peaky Blinders about a fictional crime family in England the Shelby Family..

I would really recommend it it's better than Boardwalk Empire ...

You guys should check it out !!

It's very good, I'd definitely recommend it, we've just finished the second series over here in the UK. It's loosely based on a real late 19th/early 20th century street gang and is set close to where I grew up (not Liverpool), here's a bit of info about them:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/truth-behind-peaky-blinders-no-7938754
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 12/07/14 12:30 AM

It's excellent, Cillian Murphy is superb in the lead role.

Like the previous poster mentioned it's loosely based off a real 1920s Birmingham UK street gang. Razors in the blinders of their peaked caps that they'd use to slash opponents in a street fight.
Posted By: British

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 12/07/14 05:29 PM

It's based on a real group, also the Sabini's from London were the original Italian gang from South London
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 12/07/14 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: British
It's based on a real group, also the Sabini's from London were the original Italian gang from South London

Yea the Peaky Blinders were real, although they appear to have exaggerated their power and organisation somewhat, by all historical accounts the Blinders were a relatively disparate, if large and notably violent, street gang similar to the Manchester Scuttlers, also they were at their peak (no pun intended) around the end of the 19th century rather than the 1920s.

If you spend time in some of the old canalside and lock pubs in and around Brum and the Black Country (where I grew up) you will still occasionally come across some old git who's willing to ramble off some handed-down tales of the Peaky Blinders, 'though God knows how accurate they'll likely be!

Worst aspect of the show, particularly the first series, were those God-awful comedy Midlands accents, they were absolutely atrocious!
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 01/07/22 09:18 PM

The Real Peaky Blinders: Attacking coppers, gambling on horses, fighting with fists and guns https://gangstersinc.org/blog/the-real-peaky-blinders-attacking-coppers-gambling-on-horses-figh
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 01/07/22 09:31 PM

Excellent show. I highly recommend it also
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Peaky Blinders -- English Organized Crime Family - 01/08/22 07:57 AM

WATCH | The Peaky Blinders are back for season 6 - Trailer https://gangstersinc.org/video/watch-the-peaky-blinders-are-back-for-season-6-trailer
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET