Home

Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish?

Posted By: botz

Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 08:57 PM

In a Italian song I heard there were 3 Spanish Brothers that came to Italy one brother founded Coda Nostra, one founded the Camorra, and the other one founded the N'Drangheta.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 08:59 PM

Must be some sort of old urban legend... I don't think the truth is anywhere NEAR that. smile
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 09:04 PM

One brother was called Que? One brother was called Por Favor? One brother was called Haba no Ingles.

Their biggest rackets were sleeping and illegally entering neighboring countries.
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 09:39 PM

^^spaniards, not Mexicans, dipshit

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCwtGybFj64&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:03 PM

I know this song. Good one. Not meant to be taken literally obviously, it's part of the Mafia folklore.
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
In a Italian song I heard there were 3 Spanish Brothers that came to Italy one brother founded Coda Nostra, one founded the Camorra, and the other one founded the N'Drangheta.

As far as I'm aware this constitutes the foundation myth of the 'Ndrangheta and is perpetuated as part of their initiation. It is a story of three Spanish knights called Osso, Mastrosso and Carcagnosso who fled Spain (or, if pre-unification, some part of Iberia) after avenging the rape of their sister and who subsequently came to found the three honoured societies. For a more indepth examination check out this public lecture given by UCL (University College London) Criminal Historian John Dickie on the origin of the 'Ndrangheta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1Gu_7Po38

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:16 PM

I know that Italy has Spanish Influence especially in Naples. There's got be some connection somehow.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:24 PM

This initiation tape of a Ndrangheta cell in Switzerland makes reference to the three knights from Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjXm4M3df90

Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 11/30/14 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

/me chortles.
Posted By: downtown

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 12/01/14 09:31 AM

I do not know if it is true or not but the Black Hand was said to have originated in Spain long before Italy.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 12/01/14 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

The word dipshit's origins lie in what eating salsa dip with Mexican tortilla chips did to the body's digestive system. It made people shit a lot.

Are you a Mexican or a Mexican't, Huron?
Posted By: SC

Re: Did The Italian Mafia originate from the Spanish? - 12/01/14 11:23 AM

The prior post here indicates that this thread has outlived its usefulness. Thanks, Huron.

Topic is now closed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET