Home

How much power over a soldier does a capo have?

Posted By: RedBullets

How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 07:53 PM

Dumb question but I want to know for sure. I know capos lead the soldiers and give them orders and that those orders are expected to be obeyed. But can a capo decide to kill a soldier without getting it sanctioned by a boss/underboss? If not, can they themselves be killed? Has there ever been a situation like this?
Posted By: pmac

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 08:33 PM

I'm wondering that to in 2004 a bonanno soldier killed his buddy cause they thought he would snitch. The soldier Gino galestro or something like that. Told his other buddies to killed the guy and burn the body. You think he had his capos permission or Massimo or whoever was in charge in 2004. He plead out took 20. Theres a wiretap Vinny gorg and Massimo talking bout he was lcn material.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 08:47 PM

The rule is that you can't kill another made guy without permission...or in some cases you can't even kill an associate if that assoc. is a big earner or well connected....so like all other LCN rules, it just depends.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 09:14 PM

that's a tough one. I would say from all I read, if a capo wants a soldier killed, he goes to the boss and claims he's a rat.

then maybe the boss gives him an o.k. remember in the book by joe pistone, he had trouble with tony mirra. if mirra were a capo and piston as Donnie brasco was a made guy, mirra probably
could have got him clipped. for nothing.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: oldschool3
so like all other LCN rules, it just depends.

Exactly. The rules are only as strong as the guy who's breaking them on any given day.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/28/14 10:20 PM

Not all capos are created equal, some capos are so powerful, there crew is like a mini little family. Some dont carry much power like scarfo jr when he was a capo. Pizzaboy was John Carneglia made when he wacked Paul for his Capo Gotti? Paul Castellano was also very powerful for a Capo, do to his closeness to the Boss.
Posted By: cheech

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/29/14 11:15 AM

I think Carnig got made after the hit along with gottis other friends. I could be wrong though. I defer to PB or Bronx.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/29/14 02:13 PM

capos have murdered made guys underneath them/not underneath them without reprecussions

just like some soldiers are more powerful than their captain or other captains
Posted By: Belmont

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/29/14 06:28 PM

Tommy Agro was a very powerful soldier. So was Jimmy " Higgins" Palmieri.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/29/14 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: RedBullets
Dumb question but I want to know for sure. I know capos lead the soldiers and give them orders and that those orders are expected to be obeyed. But can a capo decide to kill a soldier without getting it sanctioned by a boss/underboss? If not, can they themselves be killed? Has there ever been a situation like this?

Edit: This is a fictitious excerpt from a fiction novel:

"Each of you will answer to your captain. He is your immediate boss. Your captains will answer to me and Neil. If you have a beef with someone, you go to your captain, you don't come to me.

Any problems you may have had with other members and associates, you will now forget. They're over with right now.

The only time you don't go to your captain is when you are summoned by me or Neil. You don't tell your captain we've summoned you. You must obey summons and come to see us immediately. If you don't, you'll be killed. If I tell you to tell your captain, then you tell him. If I tell you not to tell him, then you don't. I may be calling you to kill your captain. We don't expect that to happen, but it has at times."
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/29/14 07:53 PM

alfa, great post, I think that explains it all.
Posted By: bronx

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 01:09 AM

true
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 01:34 PM

Great post Alfa!
Posted By: cheech

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 03:48 PM

Great quote. Alpha where did you find that? Unless it's common mob knowledge than my apologies. I don't research so I am limited to the little I read.

Thanks
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 04:46 PM

To me it sounds like it came from a Making ceremony . Specially this part:

"Any problems you may have had with other members and associates, you will now forget. They're over with right now."

Again, great post.
Posted By: pmac

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 05:37 PM

Has a soldier ever kill his capo without bosses pemission. Sneak job. Greg scarpa was a very powerful soldier think his capo was scarpetti. He never wanted to get promoted cause he was off the FBI radar.

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Great quote. Alpha where did you find that? Unless it's common mob knowledge than my apologies. I don't research so I am limited to the little I read.

Thanks

I hate to say it, but I think it's actually a work of fiction.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Thanks

Ya i hope you realize that the book that you mentioned was a work of fiction in its entirety, right?
Posted By: Belette

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 08:07 PM

It seems to be a fictional making ceremony from the book The Assassination of Rush Limbaugh. I don't think the boss would say that when the guys captain is surely in the room.

Sammy The Bull did describe the ceremony held by Paul in a quite detailed way though. It was interesting.

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Thanks

Ya i hope you realize that the book that you mentioned was a work of fiction in its entirety, right?

Apologies. The internet is something one has to be careful with.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 09:02 PM

Wait, so that isn't from "Underboss?" I could have sworn that was part of Sammy's description of his making ceremony. Damn.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Belette
It seems to be a fictional making ceremony from the book The Assassination of Rush Limbaugh.

Yeah, I had to Google that myself. It's a pretty obscure novel by a writer named Tom Layne (who obviously has a political agenda). It got panned and never even went into paperback as far as I can tell.

Re: How much power over a soldier does a capo have? - 11/30/14 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Wait, so that isn't from "Underboss?" I could have sworn that was part of Sammy's description of his making ceremony. Damn.

My sentiments exactly. Very sorry about that.

Actually, Paul's language in the making ceremony in Underboss is far more impressive.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET