Home

If you can choose the family where be made?

Posted By: furio_from_naples

If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 02:06 PM

If you can choose the family in where be made, which would you choose ?
I put only the families still active.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 02:32 PM

the Chicago outfit because they truly ruled Chicago. "no family has ever had that much control over a city, as the outfit had over Chicago" the outfit- russo.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 02:37 PM

Good one Furio, I'll go with the Genovese Family, they have their act together,are earning and keep it close to the vest
Posted By: Detroit

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 03:47 PM

Probably Detroit because I'm from the area & like their lowkeyness.
Posted By: Ted

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 04:04 PM

Genovese family, of course. cool

Outside of the Five Families, maybe Detroit. They make a lot of legitimate money, keep it in the family, and don't have to worry too much about prison.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 06:51 PM

I'll go with Milwaukee, maybe try to rebuild it
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 10:10 PM

Why everyone would like to go with Genovese
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/19/14 10:15 PM

Why did I choose the Gambinos? Because the Genovese's "don't break their capos, they kill them" as the Chin more or less put it. That means one mistake, and then whack! Then imagine what they do to soldiers.

No, I'll go with the Gambinos. Obviously the Gottis were just fall guys. Ever since Castellano's reign, there has probably been an invisible contingent in that family.

In the interest of being low key, the other smaller satellite families are also interesting if you can make it to caporegime and just lay low.
Posted By: Ted

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Why did I choose the Gambinos? Because the Genovese's "don't break their capos, they kill them" as the Chin more or less put it. That means one mistake, and then whack! Then imagine what they do to soldiers.

I'm pretty sure they don't kill for any mistake. lol

Even so, how many Genovese captains have been murdered recently? I'm not keeping count, but the only one I can think of is Lawrence Ricci 9 years ago. But he didn't simply screw up, he disregarded a direct order.
Posted By: Crash

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 08:47 AM

I would choose the Gambino's. They are doing some exciting things now and the new leadership seems to be having a lot of fun up there in brooklyn ny. Just a great bunch of guys with a lot of fondness for its members. I just cant say the same about some of the others.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 10:25 AM

I choose the chicago outfit they had must power back in the day from the the 1920s to the 1970s .
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 12:56 PM

the "West Side" as you gentleman refer to them as. good leadership, low key, a lot of big money white collar rackets, a lot of respect and mandatory plea deals. also seems like a good number of those guys(for lifelong criminals) die old and free.

idk if I could pick the Outfit.......

what was it Calabrese Jr said, something like "New York shoots each other when they have to, Outfit guys have torture chambers in their basements" or something kinda like that........no thanks
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rickydelta
I choose the chicago outfit they had must power back in the day from the the 1920s to the 1970s .

lol ask Action Jackson how that era turned out for him even after doing everything right
Posted By: JerseyShine

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 02:07 PM

I chose Philly for the commute, and for the fact it could devolve to the point where we are selling our suboxone scripts and works on the corner and people would still be talking about me.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 02:13 PM

I read on Raab's Five Families inh the final chapters that in the late 90s and begin of 00s that some wiseguy didn't know in which family they are made or that Cosa Nostra means Our Friends.

Why the Genoveses ?

The Genovese is the Ivy League of the mafia,with only 7/8 members that have flipped

Anthony “Bingy” Arilotta- Soldier
George Barone- Soldier
John “Futto” Biello- Capo (Killed)
Vincent "Fish" Cafaro- Soldier
Felix Tranghese- Capo
Joseph "Joe Cago" Valachi- Soldier (Dead)
Louis Moscatiello- Soldier/Acting Capo (Dead)
Renaldi “Ray” Ruggiero - Capo

Name Rank and Year
Joseph Valachi Soldier (1963)
Vincent Cafaro Soldier (1986)
George Barone Soldier (2003)
John Bologna Associate (2007)
Anthony Arillotta Soldier (2008)
Felix Tranghese Captain (2008)[123]
Renaldi Ruggiero Captain (2012)

They never had a Gotti,Casso or Massino and from 2004 to now don't know who's the boss,maybe Bellomo.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/20/14 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Crash
They are doing some exciting things now and the new leadership seems to be having a lot of fun up there in brooklyn ny. Just a great bunch of guys with a lot of fondness for its members.

Sounds like an infomercial for the local Rotary Club whistle.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/21/14 05:54 AM

I heard he rape a outfit members wife and bite of her nipple that was one of many reasons he got whacked slow. You play with fire you Will get burnt play no games in the Outfit as many have have found out grin
Posted By: mulberry

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/23/14 02:04 AM

Tampa for the weather and beaches. They had tge area locked up under Santos
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: If you can choose the family where be made? - 10/23/14 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
I read on Raab's Five Families inh the final chapters that in the late 90s and begin of 00s that some wiseguy didn't know in which family they are made or that Cosa Nostra means Our Friends.

Why the Genoveses ?

The Genovese is the Ivy League of the mafia,with only 7/8 members that have flipped

Anthony “Bingy” Arilotta- Soldier
George Barone- Soldier
John “Futto” Biello- Capo (Killed)
Vincent "Fish" Cafaro- Soldier
Felix Tranghese- Capo
Joseph "Joe Cago" Valachi- Soldier (Dead)
Louis Moscatiello- Soldier/Acting Capo (Dead)
Renaldi “Ray” Ruggiero - Capo

I'm still not sure about Moscatiello. If memory serves, there was some small mention in one article about him having flipped shortly before his death but nothing else beyond that. And, even if he had flipped, he died and apparently didn't have time to give up much of anything.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET