Home

Vice article about OC

Posted By: mickey2

Vice article about OC - 10/19/14 10:20 AM

http://www.vice.com/read/organized-crime-pays-0000477-v21n10?curator=MediaREDEF
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Vice article about OC - 10/20/14 04:46 PM

Mickey2, thanks for the good read. ’Ndrangheta are making some very big coin. Anyone know anything about this writer, the article says he is currently under police protection?
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: Vice article about OC - 10/20/14 05:40 PM

yeah, he's very famous -- Roberto Saviano -- the author of Gomorra, and screenwriter of the film

however, i am somewhat skeptical of the notion put forth in the article that Camorra and 'ndrangheta members receive "salaries" -- are things really that structured?
Posted By: BorderProtector

Re: Vice article about OC - 10/22/14 01:42 AM

Some of them good money for what they do. I suspest most of the orgnized crime hits in Italy are intragang(or criminals that dont oay their taxes etc.) hits rather than from rival clans and even less organizations. It doesnt seem that scary to join OC in Italy based on this article. OC in Mexico is shit, if you arent a captain or local boss etc. you get the crumplets and thats why kidnapoing.for ransom is on the rise to compensate the high risk-high reward ratio.
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: Vice article about OC - 10/22/14 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: NNY78

Mickey2, thanks for the good read. ’Ndrangheta are making some very big coin. Anyone know anything about this writer, the article says he is currently under police protection?

I heard that Camorra bosses ordered his death in 2008.
But why would they? Is that because the movie was too realistic?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET