Posted By: bobbyvegas

merlino hearing delayed - 10/10/14 02:26 PM

Merlino hearing delayed
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/11/14 04:20 AM

o

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/12/14 08:31 PM

Whats wrong stevie? Are your panties still in a bunch from the last time we had a conversation? By the way, hows your photo album. I figured you would have a couple galleries of merlino on this thread
Posted By: merlino

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/13/14 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas
Whats wrong stevie? Are your panties still in a bunch from the last time we had a conversation? By the way, hows your photo album. I figured you would have a couple galleries of merlino on this thread

Joey took a private jet back to Florida friday night from northeast airport
Posted By: NNY78

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/13/14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino

Merlino, You know these Philly guys well who is the guy on the far right walking with Joey at about the 2:20 mark of the video?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/2675893...in-philadelphia

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/13/14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78

Merlino, You know these Philly guys well who is the guy on the far right walking with Joey at about the 2:20 mark of the video?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/2675893...in-philadelphia

ray wagner supposedly he takes money down to joey in boca but not sure how he could accomplish that with the feds following that scene all the time...i mean my neighborhood bookie has to send different neighborhood guys each week to the western union each week to wire money to central america

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/13/14 08:34 PM

Id like to know who the muslim looking dude is that seems like he is protecting merlino, never heard who he was

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 05:16 AM

Id like to know who the muslim looking dude is that seems like he is protecting merlino, never heard who he was

My guess is he was hired for the day to protect Joey since all of Joey's guys had to stay away or Joey would face more charges for associating with known felons.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 10:58 AM

I don't get the push by the feds to press this issue... it seems trite and spiteful...
Posted By: Shamm11375

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 11:49 AM

It's an easy grab at headlines... makes it look like they are earning their salary.

Im sure Merlino has done more than enough in his life to deserve being back in jail for a good while. But that's all it is...grabbing headlines.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I don't get the push by the feds to press this issue... it seems trite and spiteful...

They are pissed he is out and not in for life because they have proof that he committed or had a hand in several murders and bent finger and apponick probably told the feds they heard or know that merlino was involved with murder but will never get him on murder now because of the 5th amendment....they want nothing more to get him on something

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:20 PM

I can understand the desire to "get him" but if you can't do it by building a sound case based on solid investigation and evidence, scratching for anything that sticks looks weak. If the feds think he's still dirty, then do your due diligence and build a case.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:32 PM

I can understand the desire to "get him" but if you can't do it by building a sound case based on solid investigation and evidence, scratching for anything that sticks looks weak. If the feds think he's still dirty, then do your due diligence and build a case.

Jimmy I agree. I think the feds came with the best they had which at this time is just micky mouse violations. Like many others have said the Feds want Joey locked up for the crimes he committed 20+ years ago. The feds tried Joey and failed to convict him on the murder charges and can't get another bite at that apple but are now at least in part looking to do everything they can to lock him up for something.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:38 PM

I'm starting to think the Feds are playing this one close to the hip until after the Nicodemo trial. If they convict him, then manage to flip him after the fact, they're probably thinking that he can put a couple of old murders on Merlino.

I just can't see them wasting all this time and money on a parole violation that can only get the guy another year or two in prison. I think the other shoe is going to drop early next year (after the Nicodemo trial).

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:44 PM

That's a good point PB... I didn't think of that.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Shamm11375
It's an easy grab at headlines... makes it look like they are earning their salary.

Im sure Merlino has done more than enough in his life to deserve being back in jail for a good while. But that's all it is...grabbing headlines.

Excellent point Shamm, Every now and again they bust a handful of these guys but I don't think the feds are trying that hard to put the LCN out of business. They have an axe to grind with Joey because killing was involved and he walked, the feds are not ready to let go of that bone just yet. smile

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 01:01 PM

They have an axe to grind with Joey because killing was involved and he walked, the feds are not ready to let go of that bone just yet. smile

And that's exactly why I think there's more to this. They are not wasting all of this time, money and manpower to put this guy inside for two or three years. I am intimately familiar with how the Feds operate when they want someone that badly. They're letting him know that he's still in their sights, and I honestly believe that there's something up their sleeve besides a bullshit parole violation.

If they can get him locked up BEFORE the Nicodemo trial, THEN flip Nicodemo, they can indict Joey while he's in prison for a parole violation. And there's not a Federal judge alive who would grant bail to someone already inside on a violation.

Anyone who thinks this is just about violating this guy never lost a loved one to the Federal system. They do this stuff all the time. But with Merlino it gets a lot more attention because the vultures in the press love a celebrity gangster rolleyes.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 01:06 PM

That's some great context PB. That makes complete sense.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 01:10 PM

That's some great context PB. That makes complete sense.

I just know how these asshole Feds operate. I don't know Merlino or Philly from a hole in the wall. But I do know something about the tactics the Feds will stoop to when they want a guy bad enough.

And I'm not a cop hater or a mob apologist. I'm always telling the younger guys here that it's no life. I just don't like it when the Feds play dirty to get a guy. And my gut tells me that, one way or another, Joey Merlino is going back to jail. It's not a matter of if, just when.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 01:16 PM

I appreciate all your posts because you provide so much good insight. I'm with you - not an apologist not a hater, but agree with you... I don't like the way LE sometimes operates. It seems that they are always looking to cut corners now and not invest the time and effort that yielded them good arrests in the past.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 01:21 PM

They are pissed he is out and not in for life because they have proof that he committed or had a hand in several murders and bent finger and apponick probably told the feds they heard or know that merlino was involved with murder but will never get him on murder now because of the 5th amendment....they want nothing more to get him on something

I think Troyer was grinding his teeth when he was talking about Joey to the press on Friday. As Michael Corleone would say "its not personal Troyer it's strictly business" smile

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I'm starting to think the Feds are playing this one close to the hip until after the Nicodemo trial. If they convict him, then manage to flip him after the fact, they're probably thinking that he can put a couple of old murders on Merlino.

I just can't see them wasting all this time and money on a parole violation that can only get the guy another year or two in prison. I think the other shoe is going to drop early next year (after the Nicodemo trial).

He was acquitted of I think 2 murders or association with them but the others he was alleged to be involved in and the attempted ones he would be on the hook for those, is there a limit on how long these murders can be charged to him? Or would the feds just roll it all into rico charges

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 02:26 PM

is there a limit on how long these murders can be charged to him? Or would the feds just roll it all into rico charges

No. There's no statute of limitations on murder. They don't even have to roll it into a RICO (although if it happens, they probably will).

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 03:11 PM

Ok cool and as you have been stating for the past year regarding this case and I agree with you, that niccodemo's dumb ass flips and everyone better look out in philadelphia

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/14/14 03:49 PM

He was acquitted of I think 2 murders or association with them but the others he was alleged to be involved in and the attempted ones he would be on the hook for those, is there a limit on how long these murders can be charged to him? Or would the feds just roll it all into rico charges

Besides the Sadano hit which Joey was aquitted of who was the other one if you know?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 12:34 PM

While were waiting for the judge to rule here is the recordings of Joey's alledged hit on Stanfa and some other Philly Mob video footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Bg588xZmM&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG8ftM5m_fc&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEqvKebpmik&feature=player_detailpage

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 06:08 PM

very cool, thanks...craziest thing about the philly family is the ciangalinis and them shooting each other along with joey being involved.....that i just do not understand that especially in an area that was once close knit italian ol world neighborhood and you all grow up together

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 06:16 PM

that i just do not understand that especially in an area that was once close knit italian ol world neighborhood and you all grow up together

Shows you what a shit life it really is once you get past the Cadillacs and the pinky rings wink.
Posted By: phillyloves

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 06:24 PM

wasted life really... end up hurting everybody
Posted By: 22

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 07:16 PM

Looks like Merlino is public enemy no.1 with the Feds,I guess he always was but it seemed like Borgesi was giving him a run for his money at one time,but like they say at the end of the day Merlino wins out.I wasn't looking too much into the big picture but I did say this is way too much work to send him away for a yr. or so.but now all these theories with Nicodemo and that trial seem to becoming together,I guess its all 1 big plan.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 07:34 PM

Looks like Nicodemo and Grande are real estate moguls together just like our man here pizzaboy wink

http://philly.blockshopper.com/property/394108800/1113_w_moyamensing_avenue

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Looks like Nicodemo and Grande are real estate moguls together just like our man here pizzaboy wink

Its no secret, nicodemo and dom have been flipping houses for awhile now

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 11:18 PM

Mark my words. Nicodemo will not flip

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/15/14 11:26 PM

Mark my words. Nicodemo will not flip

I never said he would. I'm just stating what I think the Feds are up to. They have an end game in mind here. They're not wasting all this time, money and manpower to put this guy away for two years on a violation. If that's all they had in mind they would have violated him three years ago after the first alleged meeting.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 12:47 AM

Pb, i agree. The feds are out to get joey. You make some excellent statements. They're dirty. I was just saying nicodemo will not flip. The only way they get joey, is if galati flips. But i dont see that happening either

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 05:15 AM

Looks like Joey is pushing ahead with the restaurant, the sign in the window says the grand opening will be 12/19. Here is a recent Lambiet update and he does mention a New Orleans connection again.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article2499722.html
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 09:23 AM

Looks like Joey is pushing ahead with the restaurant, the sign in the window says the grand opening will be 12/19. Here is a recent Lambiet update and he does mention a New Orleans connection again.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article2499722.html

According to this reporter, New Orleans is not only extinct but has multiple mob families....poor guy lol
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:11 PM

Quote:
Fiore is suspected of having ties to the New Orleans mob families

Yea LaLou this quote right here is a flat out joke. NOLA mob "families"? There is not even a "family" there, much less more than one.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Quote:
Fiore is suspected of having ties to the New Orleans mob families

Yea LaLou this quote right here is a flat out joke. NOLA mob "families"? There is not even a "family" there, much less more than one.

And yet when a hack reporter writes nonsense like this, the fanboys come screaming out of the woodwork: I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. rolleyes

It's very telling that post-Katrina there wasn't a peep about mob involvement in regards to the cleanup. In Marcello's day, they would have exploited that tragedy for all it was worth. Because that's what wiseguys do.

And that speaks volumes in regards to mob activity in New Orleans wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:44 PM

Five Families of Louisiana:

1. Boudreaux-Crawfishing
2. Thibodeaux-Sugarcane Farming
3. Landry-Alligator Hunting
4. Babineaux-Shrimping
5. Marcello-EXTINCT/DEFUNCT

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:47 PM

It's very telling that post-Katrina there wasn't a peep about mob involvement in regards to the cleanup. In Marcello's day, they would have exploited that tragedy for all it was worth. Because that's what wiseguys do.

And that speaks volumes in regards to mob activity in New Orleans wink.

You are VERY CORRECT there. Marcello would have made millions if not more off Katrina. Hell even the Gagliano guy that everyone is foaming at the mouth over was just blocks away from the 17th Street Canal breach and yet nothing was done. But because him and some other guy was going to pop someone everyone goes nuts claiming there IS a family there. No, those two dumbasses got caught simply wanting to kill someone. Doesn't mean there is a family there by any means.

All the crime in NOLA is run by the blacks and the city government.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:54 PM

His get away driver was in his 70's, they weren't going over 45 MPH if there would have been a chase...on the interstate smile

Nagin was sentenced not too long ago I believe, or at least found guilty.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 03:59 PM

Yep I think he went in last month for his 10 year bid in one of the Federal country clubs I imagine. I never heard "where" he had to report.

Thought we were coming to Monroe but we never got the call. Alabama Power screwed us, they called and put us on standby so nobody else could snatch us up and then decided not to use us. Pisses me off!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 04:05 PM

Yep I think he went in last month for his 10 year bid in one of the Federal country clubs I imagine. I never heard "where" he had to report.

Thought we were coming to Monroe but we never got the call. Alabama Power screwed us, they called and put us on standby so nobody else could snatch us up and then decided not to use us. Pisses me off!

We setting up power at out camp in the "Black Belt", your the guys to call right? I remember the lady told us something about Alabama Power, we have to get a pole set in and everything.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 04:10 PM

Here's a clip of Anastasia and Schraitweiser taking a stroll through the neighborhood and having a few laughs talking about Scarfo Sr., Joey and Scarfo Jr. and one with Uncle Joe. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mplb9dfBSNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB8wg7sP8Fo

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 05:48 PM

I guess this assessment by the Feds on Joey's co-conspirators was a little off. Anybody know what happened to Accetturo Jr.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/10393_FBI%20Identifica_0.pdf

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
We setting up power at out camp in the "Black Belt", your the guys to call right? I remember the lady told us something about Alabama Power, we have to get a pole set in and everything.

I'm not with AP though, through a contractor (and various contractors at the same time).

Yea most of the time you will have to pay extra to get them out there since the camp won't be lived in all year. If they don't get their investment like a house that someone lives in 24/7/365 they will charge you extra to come out and set poles and string wire. Just depends on "how far" they have to do everything from the nearest line.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 06:53 PM

I hear joey have a guy in florida installing atm's in different places

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/16/14 07:09 PM

I guess this assessment by the Feds on Joey's co-conspirators was a little off. Anybody know what happened to Accetturo Jr.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/10393_FBI%20Identifica_0.pdf

Send me a pm when you get a chance, buddy. Yours is blocked again.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 01:47 AM

Any idea when the judge is gonna rule on whether or not to even hear if Merlino violated parole? Last I read Jacobs said govt didnt provide adequate notice and his parole had already ended? Youd think wouldnt take so long to simply decide to hear the governments case?
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 01:55 AM

Pb / handsome stevie im curious to get both of your take on thr north jersey branch if the philly fam, I.e. do Licata and fazzini have alot of power/ rackets going on? Not sure if fazzini is in jail currently but if not wonder if this branch of the fam takes a more activ roll in the family? Seems to me as a novice follower of philly fam that the nj crew is seasoned and stable wondering if either of them get upped or how much pull they have in the family?

Figured you two always have great insight and I know pb is a bronx guy but just from lurking for a while and finally deciding to join the forum id ask yous two but anyone with any info would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 08:44 AM

Mikey-

The Philly LCN North Jersey crew is essentially just a gambling ring with about 5-10 crew members headed by Capo Scoops Licata in and around the Newark Suburbs in North Jersey.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 11:12 AM

And Nicodemo isn't as tough as some people make him out to be, he folded to the Pagans back in the day

Merlino, Pagans At Odds Cycle Gang Peeved At Him Over Conduct Of Mob Aide

by Kitty Caparella, Daily News Staff Writer
POSTED: October 05, 1995
Mob underboss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino is in trouble again - this time with the outlaw Pagan motorcycle gang.

Only Joey didn't do anything.

Not personally. But as underboss, he's considered responsible for the behavior of his associates.

The trouble started when a rising star in the Merlino organization, Anthony Nicodemo, 24, of Iseminger Street near Oregon Avenue, was mouthing off about the Pagans in the Philadium, a well-known sports bar on Packer Avenue near 16th Street on Sept. 25, according to police, mob and Pagan sources.

One witness told a police source that Nicodemo had been drunk and complaining about a business transaction between the Merlino gang and the Pagans. The source said he had called the Pagans names, like "punks."

"He was talking and saying things he shouldn't be saying," said a Pagan source.

Nicodemo was so loud that the bartenders were getting nervous. One even tried to reach Merlino to get Nicodemo out of there, the police source said. A Pagan "family member" stood up for the outlaw bikers and confronted Nicodemo, a sometime bodyguard for Merlino, sources said. What happened next is unclear. The Pagan source claimed Merlino associates had beaten up the ''Pagan family member," but that could not be confirmed.

In any case, Nicodemo left.

The next day, "Gorilla," the Pagans' sergeant-at-arms, and a couple of bikers took up the matter, sources said.

The bikers allegedly kidnapped - or "scooped up" - Nicodemo. He allegedly was beaten and pistol-whipped for showing "disrespect" to a ''family member," sources said.

He was forced to kneel on his hands and knees and apologize, sources said. He was crying and begging for his life, a police source said.

"If it was a Pagan (member), it would be a lot worse, God forbid," the Pagan source said.

This act of humiliation was meant to teach Nicodemo a lesson and send a warning to the Merlino gang.

"I thought I was dead . . . I thought they were going to kill me," Nicodemo was later overheard telling associate Billy DiPenna at 13th and Porter streets.

In fact, the sergeant-at-arms gave Nicodemo a message for his boss: Merlino was to apologize to the Pagans by 8 p.m. Friday.

The deadline passed. No apology.

Last Saturday, 17 thunderous Pagan motorcycles roared onto Passyunk Avenue near Broad Street, followed by a couple of carloads of Pagans to confront the mob underboss on his own turf, police and Pagans said.

Wearing their "colors" - insignia on the back of their jackets - and carrying chains, the Pagans stormed inside the Avenue Cafe, an espresso bar owned by Merlino and where his gang hangs out.

Merlino wasn't there.

People in the store scattered. The bikers ordered a Merlino associate to call him to the cafe, a source said.

After what seemed to the Pagans like "a half-hour of waiting," police showed up at 5:20 p.m. and escorted the Pagans out of the store - through a crowd of onlookers.

An hour after the show of force, the Pagan source said, the outlaw bikers received an apology via a Merlino messenger. But the Pagan source said everything right now with the Merlino gang was "on hold."

What does Merlino have to say?

"He doesn't know anything about it," said Merlino's lawyer Joseph Santaguida.

Neither did Nicodemo last night.

"I don't know anything about that. I just wanted to know what you were calling about," Nicodemo said.

Authorities say Merlino associates have been mouthing off, beating people up and disrupting illegal activities - gambling and otherwise - for years in South Philadelphia.

Just ask crime boss John Stanfa.

He and seven co-defendants are on trial in federal court on murder racketeering charges, in part because of an ongoing war with the Merlino mob.

Stanfa is charged with ordering murder contracts on the Merlino gang for the same reason as the angry Pagans: a lack of respect and interference with business.

This week, the Pagans had a message for Stanfa: "It's Merlino they don't like, not Stanfa," a Pagan source said.

This is the second time in five weeks Merlino appears to be repeating actions of his father.

On Aug. 27, the 33-year-old underboss was arrested on drunken- driving charges, just as his father had been 11 years ago.

In fact, jailed ex-boss Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo demoted Merlino's father, Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino, from underboss because of his drunkeness.

Now, young Merlino is tangling with the Pagans, just as his dad did in April 1982.

That's when the elder Merlino, then underboss, ran over Pagan member John ''Egyptian" Kachabalian, who was sitting on his Harley Davidson outside a South Philadelphia restaurant.

"No one can draw blood from a Pagan and think they can get away from it," former Pagan James "Jimmy D" DiGregorio testified regarding the matter.

The Pagans then shot up Merlino's house.

At the time, ranking mob members were so worried, they tried to send Merlino out of town because they feared further retaliation from the Pagans.

The matter was eventually settled after then-mob associate Raymond "Long John" Martorano, who was then in the drug business with the Pagans, offered to break Merlino's arms and legs, but instead paid $5,000 for the destroyed bike, DiGregorio testified.

During the 1980s, mobster Harry "the Hunchback" Riccobene was also in the

drug business with the Pagans, manufacturing and delivering illicit methamphetamine in the area.

After a series of bikers' convictions, the mob took over the meth business.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 11:17 AM

Hog Heaven 5mob, Pagans Cozy Merlino Invites Biker Leader To Party For Daughter's Christening

by Stu Bykofsky, Daily News Columnist
POSTED: March 23, 1998
Among the princes, dukes, barons and other allegeds attending last night's christening party for Sophia Merlino, there was a Gorilla.

All but stealing the show from the Usual Suspects of Mob Royalty was bulky South Philadelphian Steven ``Gorilla'' Montevergine, a high-ranking member of the outlaw Pagan motorcycle gang. His dapper two-piece, charcoal-gray suit hid the tattoos on his forearms that identify him as a Pagan, and as a Pagan leader.

The arrival of the 5-foot-10, 260-pound Gorilla by limo at the invitation-only party surprised many observers because there has been a history of animosity between the tattooed Pagans and the faction of the mob loyal to reputed underboss Joseph ``Skinny Joey'' Merlino.

What has now developed, the Daily News has learned exclusively, is an unholy alliance between the two local crime organizations, according to a street source familiar with Pagan activities and an organized crime detective who prefers to call it ``a marriage of convenience.''

The alliance, both agree, is a result of Merlino lacking serious muscle. He's down to a half-dozen trusted lieutenants, according to a local Mafia associate.

Merlino reportedly is on the hit list of New York's infamous Genovese crime family, which put out a $500,000 contract for the deaths of Merlino, reputed mob capo Steve Mazzone, and perhaps another associate, according to published reports and confirmed by law enforcement officials. (When informed of the reported contract by Fox 29, Merlino wisecracked, ``For $500,000, I'd kill myself.'')

The Philly mob answers to New York, and the New York mob also has turned to bikers - the Hell's Angels - for ``muscle,'' according to sources. Since the Angels and the Pagans are natural enemies, the Pagans' alliance with Merlino can be understood as ``the enemy of my enemy is my friend.''

Hell's Angels have moved east from their traditional stronghold in California and the Pacific coast and lately have been seeking a foothold in the Philadelphia region.

The most recent bad blood between the local mobsters and bikers can be traced to 1995, when Anthony Nicodemo, then a rising star in the Merlino organization, mouthed off about the Pagans - calling the gang a word that sounds like ``wussies'' - in the Philadium Tavern, a sports bar frequented by bikers (and the occasional Flyer) on Packer Avenue near 16th Street.

The next day, Gorilla, then the Pagans' sergeant-at-arms, and a couple of bikers, snatched Nicodemo off the street, took him to the Southern High field on Bigler at 11th and beat the snot out of him for showing ``disrespect.'' He was forced to kneel and apologize, sources said.

Gorilla gave Nicodemo a message for his boss: Merlino was to apologize for his underling's big mouth - or else.

When the deadline passed, 17 Pagan motorcycles and a couple of Pagan-stuffed cars roared up to the Avenue Cafe on Passyunk Avenue, then owned by Merlino and used as a mob hangout.

Their intent was to whip Merlino on his own turf, but the lucky espresso shop owner was not there.

He later sent a messenger with an apology, it was reported.

Bad blood between the Mafia and bikers is nothing new.

In 1982, Skinny Joey's father, Salvatore ``Chuckie'' Merlino had a run-in - literally - with the Pagans.

The elder Merlino, then reputed underboss for Nicodemo ``Little Nicky'' Scarfo, ran over Pagan member John ``Egyptian'' Kachabalian, who was sitting on his Harley outside a South Philly restaurant.

The Pagans shot up Merlino's house in payback. Further retribution was feared.

Mob associate Raymond ``Long John'' Martorano, who was then in the drug business with the Pagans, offered to break Merlino's arms and legs to settle the matter, but the Pagans instead accepted $5,000 as compensation for the destroyed bike.

The current Pax Pagan is in part due to a war brewing between the Hell's Angels and the Pagans.

``They're enemies and they always have been,'' according to the source close to the Pagans, who clearly don't want a two-front war with the Mafia and the Angels.

While the Pagans claim Philadelphia, they have not been active in defending their turf - until now, said the source.

``You'll be seeing a lot of Pagans in Philadelphia, especially South Philadelphia. They are sending a message to the Hell's Angels. The message is `Stay . . . out of Philly.' What is coming down the road, is coming,'' he said.

When the Pagans talk ``territory,'' they're not talking real estate. They're talking bookmaking, drugs, prostitution.

``Hell's Angels are making a major push here for recruitment, to take over the drug trade and war with the Pagans,'' agreed the organized crime detective.

``Hell's Angels have the upper hand as far as organization, nationally,'' said the cop. The battle is over ``the oil,'' which is what they call P2P, a chemical used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.

``Most of the oil is smuggled in from the Far East. The whole war is over oil.''

With the Hell's Angels and the Pagans locked in combat for control of the territory, ``It's like dynamite and a match,'' said the cop.

Mix the Mafia into the equation and it becomes nitroglycerine.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 11:22 AM

Good stuff Dante, keep them coming smile

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 11:34 AM

Nice!!!!

I know people have said that he won't flip but, flipping just is not the same as it was in the past. I mean bent finger lou is still living well on the beach in jersey crazy veasey still shows up in philly every now and again and I now PB has stated the rats that have returned to NYC now along with paciello living it up in s beach. so not sure why niccodemo would lose his family forever and for what in this day and age it just isnt the same as when the others in the philly family went away

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 11:54 AM

The pegans have balls...merlino must be some smooth talker to squash that beef

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 01:52 PM

I know people have said that he won't flip but, flipping just is not the same as it was in the past.

This is an interesting read.

Secret Justice: Criminal Informants and America’s Underground Legal System

Although it is almost invisible to the public, the use of criminal informants is everywhere in the U.S. justice system. From street corners to jails to courthouses to prisons, every year the government negotiates thousands of deals with criminal offenders in which suspects can avoid arrest or punishment in exchange for information. These deals typically take place off-the-record, subject to few rules and little oversight. While criminal informants—sometimes referred to as “snitches”—can be important investigative tools, using them has some serious costs: informants often continue to commit crimes, while the information they provide is infamously unreliable. Taken together, these facts make snitching an important and problematic aspect of the way America does justice.

Read More: https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/201...d-legal-system/

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 02:37 PM

^^^^Good stuff, NNY78.

It speaks to what I was saying recently about dry snitches and CIs. Someone asked who the most damaging rat of all time was. My reply was that it's a very difficult question to answer because so many snitches never have to testify.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 03:07 PM

^^^^Good stuff, NNY78.

It speaks to what I was saying recently about dry snitches and CIs. Someone asked who the most damaging rat of all time was. My reply was that it's a very difficult question to answer because so many snitches never have to testify.

I agree with you PB, also on the Scarfo Jr. thing as well... out of respect for his Father. These wise guys are all scumbags and deserve everything they get but this dishonest, win at all costs, sneaky shit by the feds makes me want to root for the bad guys sometimes. smile

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 03:11 PM

These wise guys are all scumbags and deserve everything they get but this dishonest, win at all costs, sneaky shit by the feds makes me want to root for the bad guys sometimes. smile

Well, that's what I've been saying all along. They can put them all in fucking jail for all I care. You play you pay, and murderers deserve nothing less than to be in a cage. But the Feds should do it on the up and up.

And PM me when you get a chance.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 07:36 PM

Leonetti interview from a while back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-z4V08xg8
Posted By: Ted

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 09:55 PM

And Nicodemo isn't as tough as some people make him out to be, he folded to the Pagans back in the day

That's kind of why I think he's tough. He took that bad of an ass-whooping and damn near lost his life. He walks away from the situation and doesn't change at all (though he probably doesn't run his mouth as much lol). It's not like anyone could of done much in that situation. It's a bunch of bikers vs 1 mobster.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/17/14 09:57 PM

These wise guys are all scumbags and deserve everything they get but this dishonest, win at all costs, sneaky shit by the feds makes me want to root for the bad guys sometimes. smile

Well, that's what I've been saying all along. They can put them all in fucking jail for all I care. You play you pay, and murderers deserve nothing less than to be in a cage. But the Feds should do it on the up and up.

But then what would we all talk about on this forum? whistle
Posted By: K1NG6

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/19/14 05:46 PM

Its no secret, nicodemo and dom have been flipping houses for awhile now

Anybody here in the real estate business, or know anything about flipping houses or selling real estate? I clicked on that link you posted because I had heard before that Nicodemo and Grande were partners in flipping properties.

My question is, when you scroll down just a little bit to the recent sales history, they go back to 2004 and all of them are Nicodemo transferring them back and forth between himself, him and his wife's name, and also his name and Grande's together. I don't know much about deeds and the transferring of ownership of property, but why would someone do this?

Sales History

Price Type Date B-Buyer/S-Seller
N/A Resale 06/06/2014 B: Noel C Nicodemo
S: Anthony J Nicodemo, Noel Nicodemo

N/A Resale 12/09/2011 B: Anthony J Nicodemo, Noel Nicodemo
S: Anthony J Nicodemo

N/A Resale 09/20/2011 B: Anthony J Nicodemo
S: Anthony J Nicodemo, Dominic F Grande

N/A Resale 10/06/2004 B: Anthony J Nicodemo, Dominic F Grande
S: Anthony J Nicodemo

So Nicodemo originally owned it, transferred it to himself and Grande in 2004. Then in 2011, he and Grande transferred it back into solely Nicodemo's name. Nicodemo then makes another transfer, this time adding his wife's name to the deed. And then, finally, this summer the two of them transfer it solely into Noel's name (his wife). I can possibly understand the last transfer into his wife's name; if he goes down for life and they wish to seize his assets, would the house be considered untouchable to the government because it is solely in his wife's name? Maybe someone with more knowledge of real estate, and how the government works in seizing assets, could help me out. Thanks.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: K1NG6
I can possibly understand the last transfer into his wife's name; if he goes down for life and they wish to seize his assets, would the house be considered untouchable to the government because it is solely in his wife's name?

It definitely does not make the house untouchable, maybe harder to seize. In a marriage everything is considered shared regardless. However, he is being put on trial for murder, so there are no assets related to his case to seize.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
I can possibly understand the last transfer into his wife's name; if he goes down for life and they wish to seize his assets, would the house be considered untouchable to the government because it is solely in his wife's name?

It definitely does not make the house untouchable, maybe harder to seize. In a marriage everything is considered shared regardless. However, he is being put on trial for murder, so there are no assets related to his case to seize.

Gotcha. I wasn't even thinking I guess, obviously no assets would be seized after a murder conviction.

The last transfer was just done this past June, and Nicodemo has been in prison since December 2012. Now that I think about it, that one really just doesn't make sense to me. There has to be some sort of important reason why his wife would want the house transferred solely into her name while her husband is in jail awaiting murder charges that could put him in prison for the rest of his life. Just seems like that would be the last thing on my mind if my significant other was in prison and could be put away forever.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Gotcha. I wasn't even thinking I guess, obviously no assets would be seized after a murder conviction.

The last transfer was just done this past June, and Nicodemo has been in prison since December 2012. Now that I think about it, that one really just doesn't make sense to me. There has to be some sort of important reason why his wife would want the house transferred solely into her name while her husband is in jail awaiting murder charges that could put him in prison for the rest of his life. Just seems like that would be the last thing on my mind if my significant other was in prison and could be put away forever.

Might be getting cash out of it as well and maybe they are getting ready to get a divorce just to get everything in her name in case things go south and then they wont be able to touch her for any of their assets together. They get divorced now...he flips in 2015-2016, they get back together after he flips and they have a bunch of cash to go to idaho or wherever...I am sure there is an angle involved somewhere

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 02:37 PM

Might be getting cash out of it as well and maybe they are getting ready to get a divorce just to get everything in her name in case things go south and then they wont be able to touch her for any of their assets together. They get divorced now...he flips in 2015-2016, they get back together after he flips and they have a bunch of cash to go to idaho or wherever...I am sure there is an angle involved somewhere

That's kind of what I was thinking, merlino. Maybe I am looking too far ahead or making a big deal out of nothing, but it seems as if Nicodemo is already making a plan for an end game strategy here that doesn't look good. I'll admit, I was firmly in the camp that believed this guy would never flip. But, maybe I'm starting to re-think that now. That whole transfer this summer (it happened only weeks after his mistrial) just seems kinda odd and doesn't add up to me.

His wife is pretty hot, and if I'm not mistaken he has two small children. Maybe he figures life in the witness protection program somewhere out in Mormonville, Utah with a little bit of money stashed away is better than the rest of his life inside of a steel cage. I honestly never thought it would happen, but I'm slowly starting to lean more towards the possibility that he may roll over.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 02:48 PM

It could literally mean anything. It could simply be a title transfer for tax purposes. It happens all the time. The tax laws change, you get new advice from your accountants and lawyers. I wouldn't read too much into it. Not yet, anyway.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 03:20 PM

I'll defer to you, PB, since I admittedly don't know much about real estate transfers or the like. But, for tax purposes, would you really change the ownership of the property so many times? And why between so many names? I understand Nicodemo and Grande were flipping houses, I just don't understand why the transfers are between different names back and forth each time. And, if it's for taxes, is that really what would be so important to him and his wife this past June while he's sitting in prison awaiting a new trial that could put him away for the rest of his life, or force him to rat out all of his lifelong friends?

In the little place where I come from, I can honestly say that I don't know anyone who was ever switched the title of their home, even once, let alone multiple times in a few year period. You're right, though; we won't really find out much of anything until the new trial begins early in 2015.
Posted By: cheech

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/20/14 04:47 PM

It could literally mean anything. It could simply be a title transfer for tax purposes. It happens all the time. The tax laws change, you get new advice from your accountants and lawyers. I wouldn't read too much into it. Not yet, anyway.
Posted By: JoeSlim

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 01:42 PM

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/10/merlino-ordered-back-to-philadelphia.html

George Anastasia coloumn, maybe i was wrong he may go back to jail.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeSlim

Thanks Joeslim, a few new pieces of the puzzle emerge.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 02:48 PM

There is no shot this guy isn't going back to jail...ha

I love the name of his restaurant....lol I would go if he lived there just out of curiosity

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 03:16 PM

There is no shot this guy isn't going back to jail.

The Feds aren't wasting all of this time and money to lose a violation hearing. He's going back inside on the violation. Guaranteed. And beyond that, there has to be another shoe waiting to drop.

I love the name of his restaurant....lol

And not for nothing, for the hundredth time, I don't know the guy. But this speaks to this guy's love of the spotlight.

Because even if this place eventually opens, and that's a very big if, how do you explain naming a joint after yourself when, as a convicted felon, you can't even legally procure a liquor license?

Do you know how hard it is to make it in a restaurant that doesn't serve booze? But I'm sure Joey has a lackey to front the place on paper for just that purpose. But when you name the place after yourself, that kinda defeats the purpose of said front.

The Feds are going to have the State Liquor Authority go through that paperwork like they were going through Capone's taxes.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 03:21 PM

There is no shot this guy isn't going back to jail.

The Feds aren't wasting all of this time and money to lose a violation hearing. He's going back inside on the violation. Guaranteed. And beyond that, there has to be another shoe waiting to drop.

I love the name of his restaurant....lol

And not for nothing, for the hundredth time, I don't know the guy. But this speaks to this guy's love of the spotlight.

Because even if this place eventually opens, and that's a very big if, how do you explain naming a joint after yourself when, as a convicted felon, you can't even legally procure a liquor license?

Do you know how hard it is to make it in a restaurant that doesn't serve booze? But I'm sure Joey has a lackey to front the place on paper for just that purpose. But when you name the place after yourself, that kinda defeats the purpose of said front.

The Feds are going to have the State Liquor Authority go through that paperwork like they were going through Capone's taxes.

Well...nothing about him screams...modest... that's for sure.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 03:41 PM

Well...nothing about him screams...modest...

A 6 by 8 cell might. And I am NOT wishing jail on this guy. I'm just posting the obvious and trying to be objective about it.

I just wish this guy would quietly go on with his life because it's guys like him who make it twice as hard on guys who are discreetly trying to make a few extra bucks. Thank God he's not New York based. Because if he was, he'd end up taking forty guys down with him. Just like Gotti.
Posted By: padrone

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 03:44 PM

That's what happened the first time he went away, he took everyone with him.
Posted By: bronx

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 03:46 PM

on point..
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 04:00 PM

Thank God he's not New York based. Because if he was, he'd end up taking forty guys down with him. Just like Gotti.

If he was, he would have been dead in 1988. Seriously, name something worthwhile that the guy has done FOR his Crime Family.. Here are his major accomplishments

1). He was on Scarfo's hit list, according to Leonetti, Nicky Crow, and Tommy DelGiorno

2) He started a war and brought unnecessary exposure to LCN\

3) He made Natale, whom declared himself Boss of Philly.

4). He beat Bookies, robbed people, who weren't even associated with crime, dealt in drugs, Held out on his cohorts when he made scores

5). Went to jail and everyone went with him.

Great fucking career. Did I miss any other highlights??

NYC would have smoked him for this nonsense. He brings nothing to the party but heat.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 04:03 PM

Thanks Joeslim, a few new pieces of the puzzle emerge.

No problem, have a good day!!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 04:13 PM

I still think he will get a slap on the wrist, maybe extension of parole..what do you think will happen to him??
Let's see who guesses it the best out of us, well have the answers by Friday.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 04:21 PM

I still think he will get a slap on the wrist, maybe extension of parole..what do you think will happen to him??

I told you what I think. I think he's going back in on a violation, and that he's going to get indicted on an old murder charge while he's inside.

Whether or not anyone flips and the guy dies in jail is not for me to say. I don't know Philly from the inside. But I DO know something about the Feds and the games that they play. And this one is just very transparent to me. And if I'm wrong, I'll gladly say that I was wrong.

Oh, but I wouldn't count on Friday to be the end of this dog and pony show. Not by a longshot.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 05:43 PM

I think he goes back in too.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 05:46 PM

I told you what I think. I think he's going back in on a violation, and that he's going to get indicted on an old murder charge while he's inside.

Whether or not anyone flips and the guy dies in jail is not for me to say. I don't know Philly from the inside. But I DO know something about the Feds and the games that they play. And this one is just very transparent to me. And if I'm wrong, I'll gladly say that I was wrong.

Oh, but I wouldn't count on Friday to be the end of this dog and pony show. Not by a longshot.

Thanks Pizza

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 06:23 PM

There is no shot this guy isn't going back to jail...ha

I love the name of his restaurant....lol I would go if he lived there just out of curiosity

Here's a pic from yesterday, looks like its coming along

[img]http://postimg.org/image/xiav9iexf/[/img]
Posted By: jipjones

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 09:43 PM

I bet the Restuarant would get alot of buzz in the beginning.. That being said if they r trying to indict Merlino on an old murder charge someone wd hav to flip someone wit first hand knowledge not circumstancial if nicodemo doest flip merlino doesmt go down ecvept for the violation

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/21/14 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jipjones
I bet the Restuarant would get alot of buzz in the beginning.. That being said if they r trying to indict Merlino on an old murder charge someone wd hav to flip someone wit first hand knowledge not circumstancial if nicodemo doest flip merlino doesmt go down ecvept for the violation

wonder if he is going to get his buddy angelo lutz to be the main guy in the restaurant
Posted By: Red_63

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 01:19 AM

wonder if he is going to get his buddy angelo lutz to be the main guy in the restaurant

Angelo should franchise a chain to Joey that would be an easy thing to do you think but with the way these guys think they'll end of getting rico charges for shipping meth in the cheese wiz down south lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 01:29 AM

What's Lutz's deal? Is he part Italian?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 01:35 AM

I'm curious to know if that guy lost his virginity after he got out of jail considering he weighed 400 lbs lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 01:36 AM

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20141022_Merlino_s_goofy_legal_theory_doesn_t_fly.html
Posted By: Primo

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 01:42 AM

What's Lutz's deal? Is he part Italian? [/quote]

yea he's half I think. this is him showing how to cook sonny franzese supposedly favorite dish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfvKbAYYnWo

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 04:56 AM

Article with copy of the Judges ruling

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/10/21.../#disqus_thread
Posted By: ShotgunTheRifle

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 08:31 AM

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that his family's last name was changed when they came to this country. I'll have to skim through some books I read see if I can find it.

"I’m the Kitchen Consigliere. I was born Angelo Jenaro Lutz, a product of South Philadelphia. Lutz is a shortened version of my father’s name: Luzzi."

A whole one letter shorter

http://www.jerseymanmagazine.com/angelo-lutz-kitchen-consigliere

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 03:42 PM

http://gossipextra.com/2014/10/22/skinny-joey-merlino-restaurant-florida-raided-4135/

Wow they raided his yet to be open restaurant today, they really are going after the guy.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 03:49 PM

http://gossipextra.com/2014/10/22/skinny-joey-merlino-restaurant-florida-raided-4135/

Wow they raided his yet to be open restaurant today, they really are going after the guy.

What'd I say, Joe? And I'm not being cocky or arrogant. Believe me, I take no pleasure in being right. But being objective doesn't make me an "FBI Fan Boy." Anyone who has history with these assholes could have seen this coming.

Anyway, here's what I posted just yesterday about that place and about the liquor license:

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 04:13 PM

Well now he'll be able to explain his income.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 04:14 PM

Thanks Joeslim, I wouldn't read too much into this, the liqour license was approved. Every dwelling and business has to be inspected prior to opening or occupancy. It will be interesting to see what happens on Friday though. smile

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 05:41 PM

What'd I say, Joe? And I'm not being cocky or arrogant. Believe me, I take no pleasure in being right. But being objective doesn't make me an "FBI Fan Boy." Anyone who has history with these assholes could have seen this coming.

Anyway, here's what I posted just yesterday about that place and about the liquor license:

You are definitely are onto something and you never came off as an FBI fanboy you do know what you're talking about, thanks

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 05:46 PM

Thanks Joeslim, I wouldn't read too much into this, the liqour license was approved. Every dwelling and business has to be inspected prior to opening or occupancy. It will be interesting to see what happens on Friday though. smile

I'm not, I just figure if I come across something related I might as we'll post it, I think he'll still not go to jail Friday or for the parole violation anytime soon, they want this guy for them murders he beat. So like pizza said there not doing this for a 2 year sitdown, there's something bigger here.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 07:07 PM

You are definitely are onto something and you never came off as an FBI fanboy you do know what you're talking about, thanks

Well, thank you, Joe. I know that we probably got off on the wrong foot awhile ago, and I know that probably wasn't easy for you. And I mean that smile.

I just try to call it like I see it. There's no sense in sugarcoating things because that doesn't do anyone any good. The Feds do not play fair. You don't get a 93.5% conviction rate at trial because your lawyers are so much better than the defense. You can only end up with a disparity like that if you're stacking the deck in your favor, which they do through any number of things.

People are probably tired of seeing these words in my posts, but I don't know anything about Philly or about Joey Merlino. But I know firsthand what the Feds are capable of stooping to when they want someone bad enough. And it's just blatantly obvious that Joey Merlino is one of those people. They'll never leave him alone. Ever.

It's funny, though (ironic funny, not ha ha funny). Because it seems like Nicky Scarfo's son and Chuckie Merlino's son, whose lives were so intertwined in Philadelphia 25 years ago, are both destined to suffer the same fates as their fathers.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 07:12 PM

Nicky Scarfo Junior is obviously a reasonably intelligent man. He could have made a nice living for himself if he lived legitimately.

Merlino though.... could the scumbag not have waited a little longer to start consorting with known felons? He walked into it. He did the Feds work for them.

Merlino is probably doing a Gravano and peddling drugs to teens over there.
Posted By: carmela

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 07:14 PM

Well, thank you, Joe. I know that we probably got off on the wrong foot awhile ago, and I know that probably wasn't easy for you. And I mean that smile.

I don't think he's slept or eaten since.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 07:16 PM

Carmela, your words cut through people like a sword.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

I don't think he's slept or eaten since.

I knew the happy face smiley was a mistake. Soon as I posted it lol.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:33 PM

Pizza you funny guy you, yeah life's been rough since our last conversation so I decided to be good on here since lol

You can stop saying "You dont know any of these people" you have earned the respect of the board to speak your mind on any city so please just keep posting, shit i bet 99% of people on here dont know any of the philly guys personally, i sure dont lol. I know Chicago but I refuse to speak on anyone I know

Anyways im a fan of the whole Philly story and how the young turks came up, merlino is an interesting character, there should be an HBO tv series on these guys, there a modern day messed up Mob lol it would be a dark comedy for sure but they really do stand by what they believe in, and that you have to respect, there definitley not posers.
Thanks
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:35 PM

Skinny Joey Merlino and a fan on the beach in Boca?

More like Joey and his wife...

I don't know who's more mental, the feds or the writers smile.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli

Skinny Joey Merlino and a fan on the beach in Boca?

More like Joey and his wife...

Your a day late and dollar short on this one my friend lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:38 PM

His wife is smoking hot by the way.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:44 PM

Personally, the writers sicken me more than the Feds. As corrupt as the Feds can be, they do have a job to do.

But these writers? They can only dream of having the "old Mafia" to write about, so they sensationalize the shit out of every last Mob case today, no matter how obscure. They're a bunch of vultures. And to top it all off, they're about as untalented a bunch of hacks as I've ever seen.

Whatever happened to guys like Jimmy Breslin? This Internet shit has ruined journalism for good. There's no way to bring it back. It honestly makes me sad.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/22/14 11:56 PM

Whatever happened to guys like Jimmy Breslin? This Internet shit has ruined journalism for good. There's no way to bring it back. It honestly makes me sad.

Jimmy Breslin is a legend and you're absolutely right. The internet changed the world entirely overnight. It is sad.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 12:32 AM

I would also like to c a mini doc on The Merlino Crew in the 90s but my dream wd be a Joey Merlino tell all book from his pov from groeing up under his dad chuckie to an errand boy for Nicky Scarfo and salvie to the 80s To double crossing da Scarfos muscling in on the street tax to Daunte and Luigis 1989 to the Merlino Stanfa war of the 90s to makim Natale da figurehead till post prison wd be a awesome book.. Only in a dreamworld but hope they makr a good doc soon

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 07:23 AM

I would also like to c a mini doc on The Merlino Crew in the 90s but my dream wd be a Joey Merlino tell all book from his pov from groeing up under his dad chuckie to an errand boy for Nicky Scarfo and salvie to the 80s To double crossing da Scarfos muscling in on the street tax to Daunte and Luigis 1989 to the Merlino Stanfa war of the 90s to makim Natale da figurehead till post prison wd be a awesome book.. Only in a dreamworld but hope they makr a good doc soon

Jip that would fun to watch. Are you surprised how well the Bills are doing, much better than I thought they would. Orton had a decent game against the Vikes. Would be nice to see them get back into the playoff picture after all these years.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 11:05 AM

Personally, the writers sicken me more than the Feds. As corrupt as the Feds can be, they do have a job to do.

But these writers?

It all went down hill starting with Scott Burnstein. I think him and Phillip are going on the view tomorrow with rosie to promote the third expanded edition of " Mafia Prince"

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 12:13 PM

What's so dishonorable about the mob writters? It's a racket just like anything else

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 01:02 PM

Ya Nny78 im excited if we beat da jets this wk we go into da buy 5 and 3 but ya I think r secondary needs wk and mayb a good corner we r an up and comer hav to c

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 01:53 PM

Ya Nny78 im excited if we beat da jets this wk we go into da buy 5 and 3 but ya I think r secondary needs wk and mayb a good corner we r an up and comer hav to c

This guy thinks this is a sportscenter blog lol
Posted By: pmac

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 01:59 PM

2/3 restaurants close in thie first year "gordan ramsey show or john taffer I forgot.intro funky voice.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
2/3 restaurants close in thie first year "gordan ramsey show or john taffer I forgot.intro funky voice.

pmac bar rescue is hilarious, what do you think Joey's going to get for the violations tomorrow? I'm guessing 6 months.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 03:38 PM

pmac bar rescue is hilarious, what do you think Joey's going to get for the violations tomorrow? I'm guessing 6 months.

I don't think it's going to end tomorrow. But if it does end tomorrow, and the judge does rule against Merlino, I'm betting on at least a year. That's long enough for the Feds to get their ducks in a row after the Nicodemo trial in January.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 03:57 PM

Looks like the team is staying in Buffalo, now that Terry Pegula bought them. Here's a good video on the philly mob with Bill Kurtis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqi8FtLD4sk&feature=player_detailpage
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 07:37 PM

When did that video come out?? 15 years ago? Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 07:46 PM

Whats the most time they could send Merlino back to prison for? Now if he does have to do more time, do they reset the probation clock upon his release, will he have that same 3 year probation again? Or will his sentence be maxed out and be considered completed?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 07:50 PM

Bar rescue is good. John T cracks me up.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 11:40 PM

No jail tomorrow, house arrest is my guess...goodnight fellas

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 11:41 PM

No jail tomorrow, house arrest is my guess...goodnight fellas

Debbie gonne be ther eh?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/23/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Benny3Balls
Whats the most time they could send Merlino back to prison for? Now if he does have to do more time, do they reset the probation clock upon his release, will he have that same 3 year probation again? Or will his sentence be maxed out and be considered completed?

They have to give him a weighted vest with a gps tracker it might have kevlar in it to wear around in boca under his clothes the next 6 months
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:11 AM

A weighted vest? Ok, thanks Red.

Anybody know what the max is he's looking at. He only had a couple weeks left on his probation. They can't give him more then a few months, Right? Wrong?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Benny3Balls
Anybody know what the max is he's looking at. He only had a couple weeks left on his probation. They can't give him more then a few months, Right? Wrong?

I think it's been proven that a Federal Judge can interpret these situations as he sees fit. But someone said that he can violate him from the first day he met with convicted felons. I'm not paying close attention, but I think it was 2011 or 2012, right?

So one year, two years, house arrest, who knows? Maybe we'll know after court today. Maybe there's another adjournment.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Carmela, your words cut through people like a sword.

Her words were directed at me. And she can say anything she wants to me.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 04:32 AM

well the restaurant rumors are true... his "south philly home family style Italian food" place is in the works... ill post a picture of the sign In front that reads "Merlinos"....

wonder how its going to do business wise.. either use it as a nice front to turn his street money legitimate.... or it becomes every fanboys favorite spot and makes a ton of money.... or it sucks dick and is closed within a year.. I guess we will see... also curious to see whats going to happen if he has to go back to the can considering he just moved his wife and younger daughter down to boca with him....they cant be too excited about finally living together as a family it then him going back to prison after 2 months... but that's the life.... extreme highs and lowest of lows.. especially for the family members.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:58 AM

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/category/239150/watch-fox-29-news-live-online

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 07:59 AM

Dave S of fox 29 is at courthouse in philly and he was stating that the n jersey guys that just got busted were planning on taking over Philly and taking out mazzone borgesi and uncle joe...but plans fizzled
https://twitter.com/dschratwieser/status/525424392814485506
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 08:34 AM

Dave S of fox 29 is at courthouse in philly and he was stating that the n jersey guys that just got busted were planning on taking over Philly and taking out mazzone borgesi and uncle joe...but plans fizzled
https://twitter.com/dschratwieser/status/525424392814485506

He was part of the 2000 plot. Not recently.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 09:03 AM

I can't imagine any LCN family trying to come down and take from Philly. It's not like Philly has every book and shy under their protection/control. There are more independents than connected players.

Philly doesn't control construction or trash or any other traditional mob racket. they have some gambling. Unless the Genovese had some "world domination" plot for Delaware Valley, murdering a few people for a few hundred thousand and a ton of exposure just aint worth it.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:04 PM

Dave S tweeted out from court that broward detectives were doing a criminal investigation into joey merlino and that is how they found the violation...

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:17 PM

Dave S tweeted out from court that broward detectives were doing a criminal investigation into joey merlino and that is how they found the violation...

Broward County, Palm Beach County, FDLE, FBI, and you can probably throw in the U.S. Marshals. When the State of Florida is asked by the Feds to take part in a joint task force type of situation, they jump in with both feet. Especially when a Northerner is the target of the investigation. They don't like us down there (but I don't like New York in February, so I ain't going nowehere grin ).

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:19 PM

Dave S tweeted out from court that broward detectives were doing a criminal investigation into joey
and that is how they found the violation...

Dave S needs to get a little wet behind the ears and quit chasing his imaginary boyfriend (merlino).
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:22 PM

Maybe he's just looking for job security as it seems a lot of people are interested in what he's up to.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:23 PM

Broward County, Palm Beach County, FDLE, FBI, and you can probably throw in the U.S. Marshals. When the State of Florida is asked by the Feds to take part in a joint task force type of situation, they jump in with both feet. Especially when a Northerner is the target of the investigation. They don't like us down there (but I don't like New York in February, so I ain't going nowehere grin ).

I think we both can agree the G men are gonna be on his ass for the rest of his natural life.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Maybe he's just looking for job security as it seems a lot of people are interested in what he's up to.

I think he think's if that fat riceball angelo mutt can open his ownn joint why can't joey eh? Vegas if franchises it out he wants you to be his guy out there.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:26 PM

I think we both can agree the G men are gonna be on his ass for the rest of his natural life.

No doubt, Mikey.

Good to see you posting again smile.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Red_63

I think he think's if that fat riceball angelo mutt can open his ownn joint why can't joey eh? Vegas if franchises it out he wants you to be his guy out there.

I ment Dave S is looking for job security you moron

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 12:29 PM

No doubt, Mikey.

Good to see you posting again smile.

I'm allways lurking while I'm working my friend....
Posted By: moneyman

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 01:26 PM

alberti is big into appraisals.... pretty dumb move for joey to meet chang out in the open like that, maybe a subliminal f - off

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 01:41 PM

old info, its in all the articles. dave s is a hack

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 01:43 PM

here is what i said over a month ago

Originally Posted By: cheech
so it wasnt by chance the detectives saw him at the cigar joint. looks they tailed him right from his house.

they have a huge hard on for him evidently.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 01:43 PM

dave s is a hack

But he's on the Internet. It must be true.

Are you trying to tell me that you don't have to be credentialed to write for the online community? whistle

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Steven Mazzone is the acting/street boss. One of Merlino's must trusted guys. And it is still believed at this point (although never proven) that Skinny Joey has been the actual "official" boss all along.

And more may come out with his violation of parole court date next week...if the FBI was involved with the watching of him and not just the Broward cops.....does anyone know if the federal government or even the state of florida is allowed to just follow him around because he is on parole? PB would know better but it seems the place he got caught was a higher end place for Broward detectives to be hanging out in, or obvioulsly they had his routine down when they caught him with chang and the others

Well we dont know for sure if they were even tailing merlino. The resturant where merlino was spotted got raided by the cops and the owner got arrested for selling drugs out of the place like a month after merlino was surveilled there. So it could very well be that the place was already under surveillance and merlino just got unlucky and chose the wrong place to have a meeting.

no delly, last article i read they followed merlino to the restaurant and then the club from his house. he is def on close supervision. im not going to go digging for the article but u know my word is good.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:07 PM

What a waste of taxpayer money and time he gets sent back to jail for 4 months????

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201410...nutes.html?5454
Posted By: Jose

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:11 PM

4 months is basically saying it was all bullshit but for the waste of time and money they need to slap joey in the wrist. This is a joke what the Feds are doing to some of these guys

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:13 PM

What a waste of taxpayer money and time he gets sent back to jail for 4 months????

Wow, just saw that too, Merlino. I agree, such a waste of time, man power, and money. For what? 4 months back in prison.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:14 PM

Four months SMH I take naps longer than that.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:14 PM

Wow 4 months in prison I was wrong, there def trying to get this guy for something bigger....

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:18 PM

That was what he heard from the courtroom earlier today from testimony against joey he wasn't repeating an old article, the guy has some good information along with GA either from feds or other informants out in s philly......dude had a segment on FOX 29 called mob talk because people like us enjoy or like talking about this stuff

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:20 PM

He will do them 4 months on his head, I wonder what prison and did he get taken into custody today?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:21 PM

Wow, just saw that too, Merlino. I agree, such a waste of time, man power, and money. For what? 4 months back in prison.

I think some of you guys are still missing the bigger picture here. Four months is still long enough to get the Nicodemo trial out of the way. I just can't believe that they'd waste all this time and money to put the guy inside for a lousy four months. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But I think there's a lot more to this. But only time will tell.

Wow 4 months in prison I was wrong, there def trying to get this guy for something bigger....

Just saw this. And you're right. The Feds have nothing but time, and they have him right where they want him. For four months, anyway.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Jose
4 months is basically saying it was all bullshit but for the waste of time and money they need to slap joey in the wrist. This is a joke what the Feds are doing to some of these guys

I couldn't agree more Jose, and thanks for the updates.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:24 PM

Question...ASSUMING he doesn't get indicted while inside... when he is finished.. does he go back on parole.. or is he then free to smoke cigars with whoever he wants?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:27 PM

I couldn't agree more Jose, and thanks for the updates.

I returned your pm.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:30 PM

He will do them 4 months on his head, I wonder what prison and did he get taken into custody today?

I think the feds are totally fucking with him, he will be down on Arch street at the federal lockup through Christmas and then for the Mummers and he wanted to be with the Jesters this new years, they will keep him hemmed up right there so they can fuck with him some more.

PB you may be 100% right, not sure when the niccodemo trial is set to begin, but say joey gets out at the end of February, his trial could feasibly be done, I suppose if it started say January 5th or that week.....

its still a waste and as you have stated before they have the goods on joey for the murders or at least have or think they have a witness ready to talk, whether that is enough time will tell because a 4 month sentence is a waste

and shamm, when he is done with the 4 months he is done until........

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 03:35 PM

PB you may be 100% right, not sure when the niccodemo trial is set to begin, but say joey gets out at the end of February, his trial could feasibly be done, I suppose if it started say January 5th or that week.....

From what I remember of the first trial, it'll be short. It's not a RICO. The sad truth is, it's a sloppy, garden variety homicide.

its still a waste and as you have stated before they have the goods on joey for the murders or at least have or think they have a witness ready to talk, whether that is enough time will tell because a 4 month sentence is a waste

Of course it's a waste of time. But it's typical of the Feds. It's the same game they've been playing for a hundred years. I'm no smarter than anyone here. It's just that I've seen this movie before. I know how it ends.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 04:11 PM

fox 29 has interview with joey and him heading back to the big house at 5

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 04:18 PM

fox 29 has interview with joey and him heading back to the big house at 5

Thirty days to report?

That's usually the way it goes with an interstate violation.
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:00 PM

So if the "South Florida investigators" have an active investigation under way on him as they state, why wouldnt they push the Feds to leave him on the street? I get it that the Feds wield the heaviest hammer, but this seems disruptive to anything the locals may have had going.

Merlino deserves it though IMO. I hope no one here is buying the "chance meeting" between him and Johnny Chang. Thats just laughable. Very brazen, but as has been said, this is prob a minor disruption in Merlino's mind.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:03 PM

And say what you want about Schratweiser, but he's fast becoming the only source of any OC news in Philly. He loves to sensationalize, but they all do. He at least seems to give us something to ponder, however exaggerated and speculative it may be. Just my opinion....

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tjonezee
So if the "South Florida investigators" have an active investigation under way on him as they state, why wouldnt they push the Feds to leave him on the street? I get it that the Feds wield the heaviest hammer, but this seems disruptive to anything the locals may have had going.

Who knows?

At the end of the day, they're all LE and they end up working together as best they can. But yeah, that "heaviest hammer" happens all the time. The Feds are forever banging heads with the state and taking cases away from them.

Hell, it even happens within the same branch of LE sometimes. Look at Gotti. If Diane Giacalone wasn't so pigheaded and hell bent on convicting him in '86, Mouw and company would have nailed him long before '90. She set them back at least two years.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:10 PM

True enough PB. I'm sure books could be written in regard to the Fed/State/Local dick measuring contests that have taken place over the years. Some of them may actually have the best of intentions regarding justice, but more often than not, it's all about ego.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:11 PM

Here's the video that Fox 29 News in Philly had at 5pm. Schratwieser has a short interview with Joey as he's walking out of the courthouse. Joey told Dave that the judge "did him a favor, he needed the 4 months to get back in shape and get his six pack back"

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/clip/10773618/joey-merlino-going-back-to-jail

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:16 PM

Some of them may actually have the best of intentions regarding justice

You know what they say about the Road to Hell, right? lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:25 PM

Here's the video that Fox 29 News in Philly had at 5pm. Schratwieser has a short interview with Joey as he's walking out of the courthouse. Joey told Dave that the judge "did him a favor, he needed the 4 months to get back in shape and get his six pack back"

Joey fucking taunting the feds. So now the feds are going to waste some more time and money to try and link Joey to the two Viagra pushers he met at the cigar bar. lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:28 PM

haha something about "best intentions"

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:28 PM

Joey fucking taunting the feds.

You're right. Dumb move. All that does is motivate these Holier-Than-Thou agents some more.

And I returned that pm.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:29 PM

haha something about "best intentions"

Yeah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Something like that.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:31 PM

Joey fucking taunting the feds. So now the feds are going to waste some more time and money to try and link Joey to the two Viagra pushers he met at the cigar bar. lol

Probably not the best idea to taunt the guys who already have an enormous hard-on for you and the capabilities to box you in a cage for the rest of your life. But, Joey's never been shy, and he's always had that brash, arrogant attitude. This is the same guy who told Schratwieser back in 1995 that he would shoot himself for $500,000 after Dave informed him of the contract that Scarfo Sr. supposedly had put out on him.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:36 PM

Merlino has been sentenced to 4 months imprisonment

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Were you sleeping or something, Dom? lol

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 07:47 PM

That was what he heard from the courtroom earlier today from testimony against joey he wasn't repeating an old article, the guy has some good information along with GA either from feds or other informants out in s philly......dude had a segment on FOX 29 called mob talk because people like us enjoy or like talking about this stuff

It wasn't breaking news. That was my only point. And if you have half a clue (not saying you don't) then you would know he was being watched the whole time. The Feds papers leaked years ago.

Good news is at least you'll know his address for the next four months. You can write him

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 07:48 PM

This made me laugh. Dom you must have a job or something, right? I mean everyone else was at the courthouse.
Posted By: 22

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 08:55 PM

What can you say if you asked each and everyone of us if we would rather be home or in prison I guess its safe to assume that 100% of us would say home.so I guess this is the Feds way of making him feel a tad bit uncomfortable for 4 months.Whether he can do it standing on his head or not its the only thing the Feds have left is to try to make his life uncomfortable.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 08:59 PM

And say what you want about Schratweiser, but he's fast becoming the only source of any OC news in Philly. He loves to sensationalize, but they all do. He at least seems to give us something to ponder, however exaggerated and speculative it may be. Just my opinion....

That is what I was thinking exactly, the feds superceded the state...thanks bin laden

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 09:03 PM

Wagner is acting like a bodyguard...who was other dude with him

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 10:37 PM

This made me laugh. Dom you must have a job or something, right? I mean everyone else was at the courthouse.

lol When was he sentenced there's been enoughed rehashed bolshit articles about eddie jacobs and joey spooning n his bogus defense...when was he sentenced earlier today 10.24?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 10:40 PM

Amen Jose... JOSE 2015 Tough On Taxes easy on the wiseguys

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/24/14 11:54 PM

Touche to Fox29 and Skinny.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 01:57 AM

I think Skinny Joey will be out by the time Nicodemo will get another trial but I agree PB this is why they are trying to put the screws to him (well he deserved something for being that stupid).

Like you have said, Nicodemo might not flip but he might as well. Expect the feds to REALLY ratchet up the pressure on him now that they will have Joey locked up. This also could have been concocted by Nicodemo's lawyer/s that they had info so the Feds moved on it already.

Who knows. Still going to be interesting!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 02:18 AM

I think Skinny Joey will be out by the time Nicodemo will get another trial but I agree PB this is why they are trying to put the screws to him (well he deserved something for being that stupid).

Like you have said, Nicodemo might not flip but he might as well. Expect the feds to REALLY ratchet up the pressure on him now that they will have Joey locked up. This also could have been concocted by Nicodemo's lawyer/s that they had info so the Feds moved on it already.

Who knows. Still going to be interesting!

The guy whose opinion I respect the most on that town tells me that he doesn't think Nicodemo will flip. And even if he did, that they'd have to flip Canalichio as well.

It's like I've said all along: I never claimed that this kid was going to flip. I just had the feeling that this was the Feds' plan all along. Because I realize that our government throws money away every day, but they have to have an end game here. They can't be that fucking bored that they're blowing all this time and money on a violation---an interstate violation, no less---to give this guy four months in jail.

It could work out for Merlino, though (short term, anyway). If they fail to flip those guys---and like I said, a good friend of mine from down there doesn't think they will---then Joey comes out with his restrictions removed. But they'll still never give the poor fuck any peace.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 03:07 AM

Totally agree. Now is the time to expect the flip IF Nicodemo flips at all. For all we know dude will take it on the chin and not say a word.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 07:35 AM

Ha ha must have been pal

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 07:51 AM

Anything new on the Joey's sentence, does he have do the four months in the pokey or halfway house, and does he have to do more supervised release after. So according to the report yesterday in addition to Nicodemo, Joey now has to worry about the two Methadone peddlers giving him up. Never a dull moment.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 09:23 AM

RE: Dave S

He tweeted out what? That Alberti was one of the guys that wanted to hit everyone and take over Philly with Pete caprio? Cool knew that in 2000

He also tweeted out the Feds have been watching him since his release. Again old news

Get off his dick. He's the only one reporting mob news so no matter what u guys will watch.

He ran up on Johnny Chang at a newsstand for crying out loud.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 12:39 PM

Joey's Mother gave the feds an earful and Jacob's called Ciancaglini's wife as a witness. No supervised release after the four months. Here is the latest:

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/10/merlino-ordered-back-to-jail-for-night.html
Posted By: Merlinofan1970

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 02:22 PM

I missed out again! I'd take a bullet for the prince of Passyunk Ave. Hire me for protecting!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 04:05 PM

Ha ha , yeah cheech I was working wen the news broke ha

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 06:14 PM

Ha ha , yeah cheech I was working wen the news broke ha

Day late and a Euro short.

See what I did there?
Posted By: Merlinofan1970

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 06:39 PM

I respect ur thoughts.Careful what u believe in via messenger boards n online chatte,tho. IE:BigTrial.net comment section n here.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 06:42 PM

Seriously, how can you not like Merlino?

lol guy is hilarious

and has millionaires buying him restaurants, paying for 5 star hotels and flying in private jets

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 06:45 PM

hahahaha@Joey telling Dave S.

"Come on down I'll buy you dinner"

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 06:48 PM

Joey fucking taunting the feds.

You're right. Dumb move. All that does is motivate these Holier-Than-Thou agents some more.

And I returned that pm.

Not really dumb, not like they would let off on him if he said nothing or complimented the feds.

They are on him for life regardless, might as well be light about it

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

True enough. He'll never have any peace.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 07:11 PM

True enough. He'll never have any peace.

nope, and you gotta admit he took it on the chin no matter how mad he might be on the inside

you would never know it

and to have a millionaire come to explain his income is pretty significant

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 08:37 PM

Seriously, how can you not like Merlino?

lol guy is hilarious

and has millionaires buying him restaurants, paying for 5 star hotels and flying in private jets

Dude that's hilarious I think the same if this guy, he's nuts and very likeable, and I'm not saying that's good for being a gangster, but he wants to and is the face of Celeb Gangster for the 2000+ era..

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/25/14 11:49 PM

My theory on the Nicodemo trial. He doesn't flip and beats the murder charges. Keep the martini glasses chilled, fellas wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 12:08 AM

I'll give you 5/1 odds there's no way Nicodemo beats trial with his joke of a defense.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 12:31 AM

You got it Mr. Vegas. I want a baker's dozen of cannoli's delivered to my door when he beats it. Maybe you can write everyone here an apology letter as well wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 07:47 AM

Some more on the hearing,the ongoing investigation and Stein who is bank rolling Joey's restaurant and lifestyle.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201410...back_quot_.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/reputed-mob-boss-arrives-violation-hearing-26424300

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article...ing-5844901.php

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 09:42 AM

crazy how national joey has gone shows the ublic fascination with the mafia

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 09:47 AM

some classic pics here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/24/joey-merlino_n_6044774.html

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 10:00 AM

Old Article from a bookie telling how the Merlino gang operates in Skinny joey's 2001 Trial...

Bookie tells how mob ruined his racket
Bookie tells how defendants ruined his racket

By KITTY CAPARELLA
caparek@phillynews.com

In 26 years, Michael Casolaro took action on whatever sport was in season - football, basketball, baseball, hockey - every day of the year.

He did so well, he bought a house, a car and was socking money away. And in all that time, he was arrested only three times for bookmaking. Not a bad career for a once-independent illegal sports bookie.

Then, the mob made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

In 1997, reputed mob soldier John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini told Casolara that he wanted to become "partners" in his sports- betting business.

"Since 1997, my life's been hell," testified Casolara yesterday in the mob racketeering trial.

"I really didn't want to do it," he added. But Ciancaglini insisted, 'You gotta or you gotta move.'"

Then, mob underboss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino wanted a $15,000 loan to open a mob sports book. Casolara soon realized the loan would never be repaid.

"As soon as I started that day, I knew this day would come," said Casolara. "I told John I was not going to jail for those guys."

Ciancaglini and then-consigliere Steven Mazzone told Casolara to manage Ciancaglini's book and to pay the bettors' winnings from the books of Ciancaglini, Mazzone, George Borgesi and Martin "Marty" Angelina, all defendants on trial with Merlino.

Not only did Casolara have to collect bets and make payouts, he also had to come up with the mob's annual "Christmas package," or extortion payment of $5,000, even though he was managing the mob's sports book.

By Christmas 1998, the mob sports book was in the red more than $200,000. And Angelina was demanding a $10,000 Christmas package, he said.

Wracked with debt, Casolara appealed to Ciancaglini, who told him, "There's nothing I can do." He turned to then underboss Merlino for a break.

"No," Merlino told Casolara. "When are you going to pay the money? Go and pay it. That's the last time I'm going to tell you."

By then, Casolara had liquidated most of his assets to pay off bettors and had to borrow the $10,000 to pay off Angelina.

Four months later, Casolara heard loud banging on his door, so he flushed all his "work" - sports bets on rice paper - down the toilet, and waited for the cops to arrest him. But his neighbors told him it was Angelina outside with a baseball bat looking for him.

Casolara asked Ciancaglini to straighten out the problem with Angelina.

It turned out to be "a comment I never made" about Angelina, Casolara said.

So when his apartment was raided and his gambling paraphernalia seized on Dec. 19, 1999, he wasn't surprised, he said.

"I was affiliated with the mob."

Under questioning yesterday by Angelina's attorney, Jack McMahon, Casolara testified that he sold his video store and another business acquired as a result of his sports business.

"That's money laundering," charged McMahon.

When did you last make book?

"Last night."

You going to book bets tonight?

"Probably not."

The next day?

"Depending . . ." *

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 10:13 AM

You got it Mr. Vegas. I want a baker's dozen of cannoli's delivered to my door when he beats it. Maybe you can write everyone here an apology letter as well wink.

whistle

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 10:18 AM

I like the sound of that.... Mr. Vegas....

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 10:35 AM

Old Article about Johnny Chang's release from his first stint in the can.....

'Johnny Chang' Out Of Slammer Mob Watchers Here Ponder His Future

by Kitty Caparella, Daily News Staff Writer
POSTED: January 06, 1995
Whose side are you gonna be on?

Your dead brother's or your disabled brother's - who had been jealous rivals in a deadly struggle to rule the Philadelphia crime family?

Or are you going to sit out the city's bloody mob war, now in remission, and go back to being a master plumber as you told U.S. District Judge Robert S. Gawthrop III and your jailed father?

These are questions mob watchers want to know about reputed mob associate John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini, who arrived home from prison yesterday.

Ciancaglini stepped off USAir Flight 244 at Philadelphia International Airport from Tallahassee, Fla., where he served six years in federal prison on 1988 drug-trafficking charges.

His dark hair lightened by the Florida sun, the 6-foot-1 Ciancaglini, 39, was wearing a burgundy turtleneck and charcoal slacks. Ciancaglini's cousin, Frank DiPasquale, one of the pallbearers at Ciancaglini's brother's 1993 funeral, was waiting to take him to a homecoming party to see two young daughters, his fiancee, Donna Rosa, family and friends, according to a mobwatcher.

Ciancaglini's youngest brother, Michael, was killed Aug. 5 1993, in a drive-by shooting while walking with Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino near their now-defunct clubhouse on Catharine Street near 6th. Merlino, the crime family's heir apparent, was wounded.

The two headed a rival faction of mob wannabes that had been engaged in a bloody war with crime boss John Stanfa to take over the crime syndicate.

Ciancaglini's middle brother, Joseph, however, was on Stanfa's side serving as his underboss, the No. 2 position.

On March 2, 1993, Joseph Ciancaglini was riddled with five bullets inside his takeout restaurant next to Stanfa's food-importing business in Grays Ferry.

He is permanently disabled, walks with a cane, has impaired eyesight and wears a hearing aid, say law enforcement sources.

Authorities believe Michael Ciancaglini may have set up his brother Joseph. That's why Stanfa gave his hitman-turned-informant John Veasey the go-ahead to ''take out" Michael.

Ciancaglini's father, Joseph "Chickie" Ciancaglini, is a mob capo serving a 45-year federal sentence for racketeering under the Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo regime.
Posted By: brock_samson

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 11:25 AM

I don't know, looks like PR strategy for his restaurant to me. Pretty good way to draw people in. Basically the same as actors calling the paparazzi or people magazine when they need attention.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 12:11 PM

I wouldn't call it national. Maybe viral, but not national. Because this story has gotten almost zero press in the New York City media.

It's only big in Philly, Southeast Florida and online. But if it's not being covered in the New York Daily News or Post, then it's a safe bet that it isn't getting much press in the smaller markets.

My point is, most of your "citizen" types know the name John Gotti. But if you were to ask someone in Tulsa, Oklahoma or Boise, Idaho, who Joey Merlino is, they'd probably ask you if he was the guy who owned Papa John's pizza.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 02:05 PM

And Nicodemo isn't as tough as some people make him out to be, he folded to the Pagans back in the day.
I don't agree. Dante out of the SOLDIERS that were out on the streets. Nicodemo I would say was the most feared. All due respect to the rest of the soldiers they aren't scaring anybody. Nicodemo however is no joke.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 02:26 PM

Yea I wouldn't say he is national either. My parents watch the news every single damn day and they couldn't tell you who Joey Merlino is, but both would know who John Gotti was.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 04:28 PM

The guy whose opinion I respect the most on that town tells me that he doesn't think Nicodemo will flip. And even if he did, that they'd have to flip Canalichio as well.

PB, I don't want to get into your business or personal conversations you've had with others, but would you be able to explain a little more about what he said about why they'd need Dame Canalichio, too? I know it's believed that Dame was one of the shooters (along with Nicodemo) for atleast the Johnny Gongs hit. Many believe that Dom Grande was the shooter for the DiPietro hit that Nicodemo is now waiting trial for. But, if Dame and Nicodemo were both there for the Gongs murder, why would they need both guys to flip?

And regarding Nicodemo, I've always pretty firmly believed that this guy wasn't going to turn rat, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out. I don't know Canalichio from a hole in the wall, but if I had to speculate I couldn't see him flipping either. He's in the can until 2021 because he went down in the Ligambi racketeering trial; and before that indictment came down in 2011, he was already in prison serving a nearly 5 year sentence for drug dealing.

I'm actually with Petro, for some odd reason, I think Nicodemo is going to beat this case.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 04:47 PM

PB, I don't want to get into your business or personal conversations you've had with others, but would you be able to explain a little more about what he said about why they'd need Dame Canalichio, too? I know it's believed that Dame was one of the shooters (along with Nicodemo) for atleast the Johnny Gongs hit. Many believe that Dom Grande was the shooter for the DiPietro hit that Nicodemo is now waiting trial for. But, if Dame and Nicodemo were both there for the Gongs murder, why would they need both guys to flip?

Because if Nicodemo were to flip, his character would be called into question. He'd be an admitted murderer at that point. And when you're ONLY witness is an admitted trigger man, you're less likely to sway a jury. But when you have BOTH shooters (assuming they're both shooters) take the stand, a conviction becomes far more likely.

I'm actually with Petro, for some odd reason, I think Nicodemo is going to beat this case.

No sense in speculating and bickering about something that's three months away, but I respectfully think you're both crazy. This is a slam dunk case. If Nicodemo doesn't flip---and again, some well connected Philly guys are saying they don't think he will---then he dies in jail. I just don't see any middle ground for him.

But time---and time alone---will tell. Because the bottom line is, none of what we post here matters. What matters is when the judge asks the foreman to read the verdict wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 04:56 PM

Because if Nicodemo were to flip, his character would be called into question. He'd be an admitted murderer at that point. And when you're ONLY witness is an admitted trigger man, you're less likely to sway a jury. But when you have BOTH shooters (assuming they're both shooters) take the stand, a conviction becomes far more likely.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the answer, and I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to get into your business.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 05:10 PM

but I respectfully think you're both crazy. This is a slam dunk case.

Agreed. There is NO WAY he beats this case. To think a jury will buy "yea I was carjacked while I happened to be outside of a mob hit and I'm a mobster myself then the carjacker runs out of my car" bullshit is NOT going to fly with a jury. That is even laughable they even want to go ahead with that defense.

If I remember correctly didn't they even try tampering with a juror in the 1st case or was that the Ligambi trial? If it is this case that tells you how much they believe in that defense as well.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 08:14 PM

"I really didn't want to do it," he added. But Ciancaglini insisted, 'You gotta or you gotta move.'"

Then, mob underboss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino wanted a $15,000 loan to open a mob sports book. Casolara soon realized the loan would never be repaid.

"As soon as I started that day, I knew this day would come," said Casolara. "I told John I was not going to jail for those guys."

Ciancaglini and then-consigliere Steven Mazzone told Casolara to manage Ciancaglini's book and to pay the bettors' winnings from the books of Ciancaglini, Mazzone, George Borgesi and Martin "Marty" Angelina, all defendants on trial with Merlino.

So he basically admits to Ciancaglini that he will rat them out if arrested and Ciancaglini STILL does business with him?!?! Am I missing something here?
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 08:16 PM

Are people still debating whether Joey is involved? What are the odds when he gets out he's back in south jersey every other week?
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 08:21 PM

I have a better chance at becoming president than tony nicks beating that murder case with the braindead retarded defense.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/26/14 11:29 PM

Yea I wouldn't say he is national either. My parents watch the news every single damn day and they couldn't tell you who Joey Merlino is, but both would know who John Gotti was.

No he is def not national news BUT if say Mazzone, Borgesi, Chang, Angelina. Or lancelotti flipped and gave the insight on Halloween night, the highway, the diner, turra, Veasey, or anything else that went on in the 90s it would be in CNN n everyone would know these guys, my point is if they were ever brought up on them charges and convicted that's when it would become big news.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:11 AM

Agreed. There is NO WAY he beats this case.

Just like the OJ Simpson trial was a slam dunk case too, fellas. The glove don't fit ya honor!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:14 AM

And I don't mean to continue speculating but I've seen people beat crazier cases.

Let's not forget that he cannot be recognized as a member of LCN in the case which means the jurors will have to look at Nico as a normal American citizen going to and from work everyday in busy South Philly.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:17 AM

Agreed. There is NO WAY he beats this case.

Just like the OJ Simpson trial was a slam dunk case too, fellas. The glove don't fit ya honor!

I get it, Petro. Stranger things have happened. But Anthony Nicodemo won't have the luxury of a race baiting attorney, or a predominantly Italian American jury (like Simpson had with the Blacks).

Let's just wait and see what happens wink smile.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:18 AM

And I don't mean to continue speculating but I've seen people beat crazier cases.

Let's not forget that he cannot be recognized as a member of LCN in the case which means the jurors will have to look at Nico as a normal American citizen going tYo and from work everyday in busy South Philly.

Plus since this is a STATE case they just recently got rid of mandatory minimums and have set new guidelines but the prosecution isn't even offering the guy a plea

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Red_63

Let's not forget that he cannot be recognized as a member of LCN in the case which means the jurors will have to look at Nico as a normal American citizen going tYo and from work everyday in busy South Philly.

Plus since this is a STATE case they just recently got rid of mandatory minimums and have set new guidelines but the prosecution isn't even offering the guy a plea

Which speaks volumes about their confidence. But time will tell.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 10:24 AM

Too much to speculate about. Merlino is tucked away for a spell. Let's see what LE can pull together in the next few months, if anything substantial.

I've said this before but I really wouldn't be surprised if it takes Nicodemo a few years in the can before he comes around to the Feds. If he's convicted, it's his first real look at hard time. Some guys think they can do the time and then decide after a while it's not for them. Others, well, they like prison (I don't get that mentality).

As for Canalichio, he's a stubborn dude. And, quite a few dominoes have to fall for him to see the advantage to flipping. Nicodemo turning for 1, the law getting sufficient evidence to corroborate a convicted state murderers' story (Nicodemo won't flip until convicted), and a jury to be convinced of it all. We've all seen this go both ways in trials.

I'm not saying 12-15 years in jail is a cake walk. But, in the grand scheme of things, as a young guy (40-45 years old), getting away with murder and only having to sacrifice 12 years of your life for it, is a small price to pay. So, IF NICODEMO flips, Canalichio better hire a good lawyer to navigate this for him.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 12:58 PM

Apples and Oranges my friend. I was a teenager then so there is a lot I don't remember of course, but I don't think they found the murder weapon on O.J. minutes after the murder and he wasn't seen "at the murder scene" by eyewitnesses.

Nicodemo is fucked.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 02:17 PM

More on the court testimony and the task force watching Joey at the Restaurant and Cigar Bar. The two investigators admit to having had a drink while watching Joey but claim they only did so because Fiore was getting suspicious, they denied smoking cigars. You know these two LE guys wanted to smoke a big fat blunt with their Jamieson on the rocks and dance the night away with all the hot South Florida ladies. smile

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/nw-ph...-prison-updated

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 02:22 PM

More on the court testimony and the task force watching Joey at the Restaurant and Cigar Bar. The two investigators admit to having had a drink while watching Joey but claim they only did so because Fiore was getting suspicious, they denied smoking cigars. You know these two LE guys wanted to smoke a big fat blunt with their Jamieson on the rocks and dance the night away with all the hot South Florida ladies. smile

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/nw-ph...-prison-updated

All kidding aside, I think undercover agents have a green light to break certain laws during the course of their investigations nowadays. Murder being the big no-no, of course. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that female agents have gone as far as banging some of these guys.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 02:31 PM

They would have looked WAY too conspicuous if they weren't having a cocktail or two. If I was in their shoes, I would have went much further. You're playing a part and if you aren't doing a good job of it you could get killed (worst case scenario).

Look at what happened to Everett Hatcher. Dangerous, dangerous work going undercover. IDK if I'd have the composure to do it.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 03:00 PM

old article:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-29/news/31111009_1_joey-merlino-mob-boss-la-cosa-nostra

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 10/27/14 03:18 PM

Moe, I managed to find a video of the two undercover guys while they were watching Joey at the night club. Seems these two have the same hobby you do. tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok62xAs0qy0

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/03/14 03:36 PM

Old Article from a bookie telling how the Merlino gang operates in Skinny joey's 2001 Trial...

Bookie tells how mob ruined his racket
Bookie tells how defendants ruined his racket

By KITTY CAPARELLA
caparek@phillynews.com

In 26 years, Michael Casolaro took action on whatever sport was in season - football, basketball, baseball, hockey - every day of the year.

He did so well, he bought a house, a car and was socking money away. And in all that time, he was arrested only three times for bookmaking. Not a bad career for a once-independent illegal sports bookie.

Then, the mob made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

In 1997, reputed mob soldier John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini told Casolara that he wanted to become "partners" in his sports- betting business.

"Since 1997, my life's been hell," testified Casolara yesterday in the mob racketeering trial.

Not only did Casolara have to collect bets and make payouts, he also had to come up with the mob's annual "Christmas package," or extortion payment of $5,000, even though he was managing the mob's sports book.

By Christmas 1998, the mob sports book was in the red more than $200,000. And Angelina was demanding a $10,000 Christmas package, he said.

Wracked with debt, Casolara appealed to Ciancaglini, who told him, "There's nothing I can do." He turned to then underboss Merlino for a break.

"No," Merlino told Casolara. "When are you going to pay the money? Go and pay it. That's the last time I'm going to tell you."

By then, Casolara had liquidated most of his assets to pay off bettors and had to borrow the $10,000 to pay off Angelina.

Four months later, Casolara heard loud banging on his door, so he flushed all his "work" - sports bets on rice paper - down the toilet, and waited for the cops to arrest him. But his neighbors told him it was Angelina outside with a baseball bat looking for him.

Casolara asked Ciancaglini to straighten out the problem with Angelina.

It turned out to be "a comment I never made" about Angelina, Casolara said.

So when his apartment was raided and his gambling paraphernalia seized on Dec. 19, 1999, he wasn't surprised, he said.

"I was affiliated with the mob."

Under questioning yesterday by Angelina's attorney, Jack McMahon, Casolara testified that he sold his video store and another business acquired as a result of his sports business.

"That's money laundering," charged McMahon.

When did you last make book?

"Last night."

You going to book bets tonight?

"Probably not."

The next day?

"Depending . . ." *

i know its easier said than done but the day Chang comes knockin is the day you close and move. and im being serious.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/04/14 01:01 AM

But Anthony Nicodemo won't have the luxury of a race baiting attorney, or a predominantly Italian American jury (like Simpson had with the Blacks).

Let's just wait and see what happens wink smile.

Ok Ok I agree with you there and I get your point. The other comment about no plea does make it seem like the State is pretty confident but like you said let's wait and see what happens. I always rooted for the bad guys in movies wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/04/14 01:03 AM

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that female agents have gone as far as banging some of these guys.

I've been thinking about this one for awhile now myself. It definitely would not surprise me and let's not forget there ARE promotions and end of the year bonuses at stake. We all know how far a woman will go to get what they want, don't we?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/04/14 01:07 AM

Where did you find this? How old are you?

No, seriously...

tongue

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 04:30 PM

No he is def not national news BUT if say Mazzone, Borgesi, Chang, Angelina. Or lancelotti flipped and gave the insight on Halloween night, the highway, the diner, turra, Veasey, or anything else that went on in the 90s it would be in CNN n everyone would know these guys, my point is if they were ever brought up on them charges and convicted that's when it would become big news.

look whos pathetic. begging for you heroes to be on the news.
and I read what you said about Delly. another respected poster who has no agenda and rarely says a bad word about anyone.

pathetic : arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness

look in the mirror some day. you'll see pathetic.

youre just another fag wishing he had enough heart to go out and get it. hows that job at Old Navy? sign anyone up for rewards today? oh thats right i forgot, you got fired from there for robbing old ladies purses. hows it bagging groceries at stop n shop next to the retarded kids?

punk
Posted By: SC

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 04:39 PM

Cut this shit out NOW!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 04:39 PM

Don't take the bait, Cheech. He's not long for this board.

And what's sad is, he was caught red handed with two usernames, and he was given another chance because SC took pity on him (and truth be told, people SHOULD get another chance in most cases). But I don't see how Joe Slim/Nice Guy survives this. And if he doesn't, I hope that Big Fella takes heed and realizes that it's his fault for starting this shit.

Bottom line: Don't feed the trolls. Because they never last wink.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Cut this shit out NOW!

why dont you do something about all the trolls. its out of hand. its why all the best discussions go on across the street.
Posted By: SC

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Cut this shit out NOW!

why dont you do something about all the trolls. its out of hand. its why all the best discussions go on across the street.

OK, I just did something. cheech has a vacation. Any other trolls wanna step up too?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/12/14 07:46 PM

Lol...so, is there any restrictions on merlino now that he's going back to jail? Is he free too see anyone he wants until he goes back to jail?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/13/14 11:59 PM

I'm a legit poster that was aggravated at seeing everyone gang up on Bigfella cause he disagreed, so please don't try to get me kicked off.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 12:03 AM

Looks like he's going back to jail and after that if he's not indicted he'll be free to carry on with whom he pleases.
If you ask me, the guy has some sort of power to come out of jail without a scratch after wars with 2 bosses(Scarfo /stanfa) and into the highlife as he did, and to get some millionaire basically claiming he takes care of you financially...this guys gonna make a lot $$$ if he don't get locked up forever.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 12:03 AM

Pizza

I ain't got no beef with you, just to be clear with everyone.

You are sharp

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 12:06 AM

I'm a legit poster that was aggravated at seeing everyone gang up on Bigfella cause he disagreed, so please don't try to get me kicked off.

Well, if you behave yourself you won't have a problem. And just for the record, when you were caught using the same ip and blamed it on your brother, I actually lobbied for you to get a second chance. So if you'll cut the shit, we can move on.

Back on topic: Have Merlino's lawyers contacted the BOP and let them know when he plans on reporting?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 12:07 AM

Pizza

I ain't got no beef with you, just to be clear with everyone.

You are sharp

It's forgotten. See my last post.

Moving on . . . .

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 12:38 AM

You have to admit, weather it's good or bad invoking the name of merlino sure gets everyone fired up and that's what we're here for, to have fun, debate and ask questions, nobody in the mafia can stir up the kind of debate that he does, I wonder if merlino will be handing out turkeys this Thanksgiving just to rub thier noses in it

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 03:25 AM

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that female agents have gone as far as banging some of these guys.

I've been thinking about this one for awhile now myself. It definitely would not surprise me and let's not forget there ARE promotions and end of the year bonuses at stake. We all know how far a woman will go to get what they want, don't we?

I know this is crazy because it does happen and people are to embarrassed to admit it ... they just plead guilty instead.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I wonder if merlino will be handing out turkeys this Thanksgiving just to rub thier noses in it

That's on par with Gotti's fireworks shows. They were harmless and well intended but they pissed off law enforcement to no end. And look what happened to Gotti.

It's nothing personal. I honestly don't care either way and I only wish jail time on the most violent and unrepentant criminals. But I'm 55 years old, I've been around guys like this all my life, and I know how this movie ends. And if Joey Merlino keeps taunting the Feds the way that John Gotti did, he's going to suffer the same fate. He'll die in a cage.

He should take his money and retire. Truly retire. South Florida is too high profile for him anyway. He should head out west. That's the only area of the country where money allows you to reinvent yourself.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 09:20 AM

He should head out west. That's the only area of the country where money allows you to reinvent yourself.

Rattlesnake ranch in Arizona.

Selling second hand furniture by the highway..

*cheesey grin*

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/14/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
He should head out west. That's the only area of the country where money allows you to reinvent yourself.

Rattlesnake ranch in Arizona.

Selling second hand furniture by the highway..

*cheesey grin*

lol lol

All kidding aside, though. Arizona, Nevada, California (as long as it's not the L.A. metro area)---these are areas that allow such a change.

There are retired mob guys in Palm Springs who live like retired corporate big shots. Their past never comes up because they're honestly out of the life. Christ, do you have any idea how many of the old Outfit guys blended into the golf community in Palm Springs over the years?

I don't follow Chicago, but the Westside guys always had a good working relationship with them so I know a little bit about the Palm Springs area. And for the record, that working relationship was a long time ago. But you get what I'm saying.

It's all moot, though. Merlino doesn't strike me as the type who will ever change. Nicky Scarfo Jr. was doomed to his father's fate. I just don't see how Merlino doesn't suffer the fate of his own father (and I only make that analogy because the myth/legend of Joey Merlino seems to have started when he shot that kid).

No arguing or pissing contest here at all. We have to get past that or this is another thread that will get locked. But my personal opinion is that the Feds are not done with Joey Merlino yet, and that they'll eventually put him away for a very long time. But time---and time alone---will tell.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 12:33 AM

Where does Staino fit in when he gets out? Seems like h was more Ligambi's guy and is he tight with Merlin and his crew?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:04 AM

Pizza merlino faced all the same stuff his father faced but beat it so he was real close to having the same exact fate,,but luck was on his side so the government can't retry him on them murders and the guy hasn't picked up a gun since the 90s, so what do you think they will get him on?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Primo
Where does Staino fit in when he gets out? Seems like h was more Ligambi's guy and is he tight with Merlin and his crew?

I really believe merlino crew calls the shots but staino been around a long time and I think there faction except massimino understand joey n his boys are the captains of the ship. They call the shots bottom line!!

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:10 AM

I really believe merlino crew calls the shots but staino been around a long time and I think there faction except massimino understand joey n his boys are the captains of the ship. They call the shots bottom line!!

But so what rank will Staino have possily upon return you think?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:12 AM

Pizza merlino faced all the same stuff his father faced but beat it so he was real close to having the same exact fate,,but luck was on his side so the government can't retry him on them murders and the guy hasn't picked up a gun since the 90s, so what do you think they will get him on?

Here's what I think: If he's still in the game, he's gonna get caught. If he's out, he should be okay (unless Canalichio and Nicodemo both flip, which I doubt will happen).

He should really quit the life and move somewhere where there's less media. If he doesn't, I think the Feds will go after him with the same zeal they went after Gotti with. And I honestly hope he quits the life. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

My two cents.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:44 AM

but luck was on his side so the government can't retry him on them murders and the guy hasn't picked up a gun since the 90s, so what do you think they will get him on?

That's not entirely true. If the Feds can tie it into a RICO they can basically try him for the same murders that he was acquitted of. Look at Bobby Vernace here in New York. He just got something like twenty years on a murder that he beat back in the '90s. The Feds found new witnesses, trumped up a bullshit RICO charge, and tried him again.

You can also use Tommy Gioeli and Little Dino as another example. They beat the worst of the charges and still got what will probably amount to life because they were found guilty of the RICO charges.

Now I'm NOT saying it's right, because it isn't. It's a way to get around double jeopardy as only the Feds can. But I'm a realist, and when I look at this realistically I just don't think they're ever going to give this guy any peace.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 01:52 AM

Now I'm NOT saying it's right, because it isn't. It's a way to get around double jeopardy as only the Feds can.

While I don't know details of specific cases discussed here, in my opinion the double jeopardy rule isn't so much about helping innocent people not to be continuously harassed by police, as it is about helping bastards to get off the hook and laugh at justice. I mean, if you get real PROOF, even too late, that the guy is guilty, is it right that he can't be thrown into jail just because the first trial let him off?

I mean, look at the Pizzolungo massacre in Sicily in 1985 where a mother with two 6-year-old children were blown to pieces with a bomb. The hitmen who did it were acquitted. Later, there was new evidence the police got the right people. But they couldn't be tried again because of "inconstitutional" nonsense, "double jeopardy" etc. So the child murdering scumbags got off. The only consolation is that 2 of them were killed anyway later and the 3d is serving life for another murder.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 10:53 AM

Wasn't staino involved with the unions before ligambi becamed boss?

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 10:54 AM

Yes

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 11:15 AM

He was a local 54 guy, I think a BA and was approved by scarfo. So, he was likely involved in union corruption. But that union went down in like 1990 so neither Ligambi or merlino had any benefit to his union ties.

From the people who got popped with the meth in the mid-80s, it seems that mousie came into the mobs orbit thru Ralph staino.

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 11:16 AM

So I believe he will still have a place in the mob if he wants it, I would make him a capo then send him to florida to watch over operations

Re: merlino hearing delayed - 11/16/14 07:25 PM

[quote=Primo]Where does Staino fit in when he gets out? Seems like h was more Ligambi's guy and is he tight with Merlin and his crew?

But so what rank will Staino have possily upon return you think?[/quote

Remember he has the 3 yr S.R like the other guys, really guys like him got bumped up cause all the other guys were down, so I'd have to say he would just fall into line if merlino n them are still free, but if there's another indictment then I can see him holding some rank.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET