Home

how much did whole LCN earned?

Posted By: SimonChen

how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 12:35 AM

It is said that nowadays yakuza profits the most,followed by russian mafia and camorra .
it seems that American mob isnt profiting much these days.Gambinos earns 500million a year?
So how much money did they make in the old days.
some books say LCN earned about 16 to 20 billion a year in 70s. Is that true? I doubt that.
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 12:49 AM

Do people think before posting these questions?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: SimonChen
It is said that nowadays yakuza profits the most,followed by russian mafia and camorra .
it seems that American mob isnt profiting much these days.Gambinos earns 500million a year?
So how much money did they make in the old days.
some books say LCN earned about 16 to 20 billion a year in 70s. Is that true? I doubt that.

You're a nice guy, Simon. You and I have talked here before. And I realize that there's a language barrier for you to overcome here. But of all the pointless threads on boards like this, the "how much do the families make" is THE most pointless.

There's no way of knowing. And to be honest, it can't even be estimated. It's almost entirely undocumented income, so it's silly to even venture a guess.

Just my two cents smile.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Just my two cents smile.

I reckon its more than 2 cents, but PB is the man so who really knows?

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 03:14 AM

Thanks,forget my bad English.
Just saw a piece of news said fortune recently published the estimated profit of the largest OC groups in the world. I know the number cant be accurate but i do think theres way of estimate it.

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 03:16 AM

Maybe you should think before replying it.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SimonChen
Thanks,forget my bad English.
Just saw a piece of news said fortune recently published the estimated profit of the largest OC groups in the world. I know the number cant be accurate but i do think theres way of estimate it.

Those are all wild estimates. The groups dealing in drugs the most probably make the most.

LCN is made up of hundreds of made guys and thousands of associates all running different scams, dealing drugs, robbing people. How would anyone know how much each one is making to get a total?
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 04:59 PM

I seem that post about the estimates from fortune and none of it's worth even 2 cents.

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I seem that post about the estimates from fortune and none of it's worth even 2 cents.

Agreed, BF. It's absurd. It reminds me of the one back in the '80s, which was equally ridiculous.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 06:40 PM

Well to be fair to the original poster, it is an interesting thing to ponder. It would be cool to know how much an organized crime family really pulls in.
But to keep it realistic, it's something basically impossible to answer

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Well to be fair to the original poster, it is an interesting thing to ponder.

That's why I was so tactful with him. Because I've been told that I can be abrasive at times. But I don't believe it grin.

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 06:51 PM

Maybe everyone in southern NY needs a bit of anger management. I've been accused of being a bit rough on people myself. Most of the time I'm not even mad. But when I talk it kinda seems that way

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 06:59 PM

In theory it would be possible to tally up an estimate family by family. If massino told the feds about the money he got, you could do a mathematical equation based off percentages he took. But then again, that doesn't include all the money that's not getting kicked up that the boss doesn't know about. So I guess it's a dead end debate

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
But then again, that doesn't include all the money that's not getting kicked up that the boss doesn't know about. So I guess it's a dead end debate

That's EXACTLY the point. NO ONE kicks up what they're supposed to. They're all thieves. That's why it's a dead end topic.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 08:22 PM

I think it goes back to Al Capone's tax trial with his estimated gross income of over $100 million. People are naturally curious and government officials want to know so they can go after their assets. I think when economist come up with those figures they include all the money that's not kicked up. They're not just trying to figure out how much the bosses get, but everyone involved. Total gross income figure for the entire organization. When your talking about gross numbers then it's easy to come up with figures in the billions.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/21/14 11:15 PM

faithful 1. magazine article by William brashler, short time after giancana died [the death of a don] the author states that the oufits yearly gross was 2 billion, and giancana was making 4o to 5o million a year. I don't know where brashler got his information, but hes written a lot about giancana. also raab [five families} mentions in the intro to his book, that he estimates oc takes in 20 billion a year. when kennedy ran the justice dept, he put the figure at 7 billion. everyone seems to have a different opinion. but a lot of people arrive at numbers.
Posted By: stevietro

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/22/14 05:39 AM

I've found that a lot of you guys are very abrasive on here and quick to jump down people's throats. You can use the NY attitude as an excuse if you want though. Seems like its an easy thing to do with the anonymity of it all.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/22/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: stevietro
I've found that a lot of you guys are very abrasive on here and quick to jump down people's throats. You can use the NY attitude as an excuse if you want though. Seems like its an easy thing to do with the anonymity of it all.
I agree, and find it distasteful to undermine someone who has a different opinion than you, I myself always try to be gracious, and conduct myself with a degree of courtesy. their is nothing wrong with treating everyone with respect, it has served me well for 72 years.
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/23/14 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: stevietro
I agree, and find it distasteful to undermine someone who has a different opinion than you, I myself always try to be gracious, and conduct myself with a degree of courtesy. their is nothing wrong with treating everyone with respect, it has served me well for 72 years.

You're gettin' there mate!
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: how much did whole LCN earned? - 09/14/15 10:02 PM

altogether probably enough to pay off a smaller countries national debt.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET