Home

Gotti and the Colombians

Posted By: baldo

Gotti and the Colombians - 07/01/14 12:05 PM

I'm currently reading a book called "Miami Babylon" which makes the claim that some Colombian interceded on his brother in law's behalf because he was getting shaken down by Mikey Scars.

The guy, Gary James, was friends with Mickey Rourke who was friends with the Gottis. Apparently, after Mikey Scars started shaking James down, he went to his brother in law who was a "heavyweight Colombian." In the book, he says:

"I went to see him (the Colombian), and he turned out to be like Gotti's f*cking boss. I never heard from them again."

It's obviously a stretch that Gotti would answer to a Colombian and is probably just this guy's interpretation of events. Most likely, there was some sort of sit down and the Gambinos stopped shaking this guy down.

Was just wondering if anyone ever heard anything about this.

Here is a little bit more about this guy:

http://pagesix.com/2009/10/18/mickey-rourkes-mob-mania/
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gotti and the Colombians - 07/01/14 12:25 PM

"Miami Babylon" was an entertaining read, Baldo. But to be honest, Gerry Posner has a reputation for making shit up. I'm sure that's just one guy's interpretation of things, but you never know.

Re the book in general: There's some truthful info about Christian Ludwigsen (Paciello) in there, and if you're interested in how South Beach turned from a dilapidated retirement community into one of the hottest and most expensive zip codes in the country, then it's well worth the read.

But as far as the criminal reporting in the book? Meh, not so much wink smile .
Posted By: baldo

Re: Gotti and the Colombians - 07/01/14 12:33 PM

Thanks, PB. Definitely an interesting book as you said regarding the development of the city and all of the various personalities that inhabited the town.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET