Home

Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned?

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:11 PM

A friend of mine (I think he is nuts to begin with) had told me that he wanted to send Scarfo a picture to autograph.....Does anyone know if something like this is even possible?......I am sure that some of us REALLY would like to get inside their heads on what they were thinking at that moment in time BUT, members who haven't flipped will probably honor Omertà.....For instance, I would love to as Bruno, "where were you exactly when your dad was summoned to the meeting?"....I heard he was buying come around the block but only he can confirm AND, he probably would tell whoever to Go F themselves!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:19 PM

There are guys on RD who are pen pals with some of these guys. But if you ask me they're all fucking crazy. It's one step away from these White Trash women who fall in love with serial killers while corresponding with them in prison.

But it proves my point about wiseguys attracting stalkers. Happens all the time rolleyes.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:21 PM

If your actually considering doing this you might be better off killing yourself.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:24 PM

Someone on the RD actually did this to Scarfo and Scarfo wrote back. Here's Scarfo's reply:

"I received your X-Mas card. Thank you. I don't write to people I don't know but your kind words and thoughts made me decide to to answer you and thank you. Plus you didn't talk about religion and God and all that kind of stuff. Usually that's what people do. They mean well but I'm not into that kind of stuff. I leave religion to the women and children.
I'll always be strong and fight for my freedom."

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
Someone on the RD actually did this to Scarfo and Scarfo wrote back. Here's Scarfo's reply:

"I received your X-Mas card. Thank you. I don't write to people I don't know but your kind words and thoughts made me decide to to answer you and thank you. Plus you didn't talk about religion and God and all that kind of stuff. Usually that's what people do. They mean well but I'm not into that kind of stuff. I leave religion to the women and children.

Hey Ivan. How's Chicago? Hipsters show up yet? grin

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:34 PM

I agree pizzaboy....I have no intentions of writing them...To do so would only mess with their heads.....I believe that every man has the correct answers insides their head AND, once they acknowledge their own mortality, they begin to acknowledge right and wrong. I don't want to treat them like celebrities BUT it still does not extinguish the vast majority of us who would love to rebel, just like them, and say, F U WORLD, COME AND STOP ME! J/K, I am a law abiding citizen.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I actually fled Chicago after a couple months to get away from the hellish winter we were having. I'm in Las Vegas at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going back or not.

There are hipsters everywhere there.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:43 PM

I actually fled Chicago after a couple months to get away from the hellish winter we were having. I'm in Las Vegas at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going back or not.

I'm sure you've seen them off the Vegas Strip wink.

Are you going to stay in Nevada?

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:44 PM

What is RD? I am a newb, in case it seems obvious.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
What is RD? I am a newb, in case it seems obvious.

It's another website, and I shouldn't have mentioned it here.

And welcome to the board.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 07:27 PM

I'm sure you've seen them off the Vegas Strip wink.

Are you going to stay in Nevada?

Not many hipsters in Las Vegas. There's a handful by UNLV and downtown.

Not sure if I am going to stay here permanently. I'm still thinking it over. There's a good chance I will as that -40 degree wind chill bullshit really pissed me off and I don't ever want to have to fuck around with that again.

One option I was considering was maintaining a winter home here, but living elsewhere the rest of the year. My god the winter here was nice!

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 07:31 PM

One option I was considering was maintaining a winter home here, but living elsewhere the rest of the year. My god the winter here was nice!

Best way to go, son. Be a snowbird, like me.

When we bought the place in Florida I was still in my thirties. And what happens is, every year you use it more and more.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 07:48 PM

Out of all the places in the country, Ivan, I got to say you picked the two cities that I wouldn't live in under almost any circumstance. Just drove through gary and chicago and got reminded how disgusting they are. I guess at least vegas is sunny

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Out of all the places in the country, Ivan, I got to say you picked the two cities that I wouldn't live in under almost any circumstance. Just drove through gary and chicago and got reminded how disgusting they are. I guess at least vegas is sunny

Thank you for your feedback, sir.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 09:48 PM

Quote:

Not many hipsters in Las Vegas. There's a handful by UNLV and downtown.

You're lucky, Reno (midtown area) is thick with them who've been priced out of Portland or Oakland and looking for something "not so big city". We seem to have a lot of home-grown ones too.

You might decide differently about the weather when the 110 degree Vegas blast furance starts up in July.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
You might decide differently about the weather when the 110 degree Vegas blast furance starts up in July.

No joke. I've been to Nevada at least half-a-dozen times in July and August because I have an uncle retired in Palm Springs. When it's 120 degrees, who gives a fuck if it's a so-called "dry heat"? rolleyes
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 09:59 PM

I don't understand the appeal of mobsters??? They're just people who would rather steal than get a real job... not that interesting. I've got plenty of relatives who are in biker gangs and they do the exact same thing (sell drugs etc) most of them are fucking boring to talk to.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 10:15 PM

I wouldn't write to those guys unless you knew him already. I think most of those guys are looking to get over on anyone they can. They might hit you up for money or something. I know they're behind bars, but not everybody in the mob is locked up. I just think it's better not to get involved with them. Just my .02,as they say.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 10:21 PM

When Gotti was in Illinois he got hundreds of fan letters every month. There's no accounting for crazy in this world.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 10:40 PM

Can't handle Chicago, Ivan lol ? Just kidding, the winters are always bad but this one was by far the worst one in decades. Probably a bad first impression for someone just moving here.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro

No joke. I've been to Nevada at least half-a-dozen times in July and August because I have an uncle retired in Palm Springs. When it's 120 degrees, who gives a fuck if it's a so-called "dry heat"? rolleyes

Yeah that "dry heat" thing is fucking retarded.

I'm spending the summer with my brother back home starting in two weeks (I get around a lot these days). After that, I'm not sure.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Can't handle Chicago, Ivan lol ? Just kidding, the winters are always bad but this one was by far the worst one in decades. Probably a bad first impression for someone just moving here.

I actually LOVED the city, but I had some health issues that coincided with that Polar Vortex bullshit and it was just too much for me. But it's a great town otherwise.

Wasn't it the worst winter ever recorded or something?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/19/14 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I actually LOVED the city, but I had some health issues that coincided with that Polar Vortex bullshit and it was just too much for me. But it's a great town otherwise.

Wasn't it the worst winter ever recorded or something?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd snowiest on record (the 1st was only like 3 inches more). But by temperature, it was the coldest one on record.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/20/14 09:36 PM

Like Fleming_Ave said, don't write to them unless you already know them, otherwise you might be setting yourself up as a mark for them. They do get plenty of stalkers.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/20/14 10:15 PM

"certified"Letter from Meyer Lansky while in exile .

If you had to guess, what do you think is the price on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Lansky-The...=item56654d6d40

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/20/14 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
"certified"Letter from Meyer Lansky while in exile .

If you had to guess, what do you think is the price on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Lansky-The...=item56654d6d40

Unbelievable, Gets. I was actually on eBay looking for a dvd when you posted this. And the Lansky thing is insane panic.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/20/14 10:42 PM

Unbelievable, Gets. I was actually on eBay looking for a dvd when you posted this. And the Lansky thing is insane panic.

yeah, right?
Fleming's advice was good, though it never dawned on me that a mob guy could or would do that.....

The advice to NOT write mob dude is sound advice.
Reading it prompted me to erase my earlier post about the topic of her friend/her cashing in on any correspondence from the mob guy.

The thing is, if someone is going to be a stalker/groupie for ANY infamous criminal....they should think of how to use to it to their advantage.

I guess plenty of people who got letters from incarcerated Gotti are KICKING themselves for NOT saving and auctioning them off.
Posted By: Pretty_Amberg

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 06:46 PM

In what way do you feel that correspondence with a criminal would add to the quality of your life?
Posted By: carmela

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Pretty_Amberg
In what way do you feel that correspondence with a criminal would add to the quality of your life?

I would imagine in the same way guys feel that reading Gangland every week adds to the quality of their life, or stalking mobsters' families facebook pages adds to the quality of their life, or taking retarded pics of mobsters' homes adds to the quality of their life, or speculating what Joey Oompa Loompa Merlino is driving these days adds to the quality of their life, etc etc etc.
Posted By: Pretty_Amberg

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 07:00 PM

I would imagine in the same way guys feel that reading Gangland every week adds to the quality of their life, or stalking mobsters' families facebook pages adds to the quality of their life, or taking retarded pics of mobsters' homes adds to the quality of their life, or speculating what Joey Oompa Loompa Merlino is driving these days adds to the quality of their life, etc etc etc. [/quote]

Yes... we are on these boards to discuss gangsters and peek into their world. But I do draw a line between chit-chatting anonymously with gangster-voyeurs and giving a felon your personal address and acting as a comforting ear for them. I just can't see why anyone would want them in their life. Even Bonosera wasn't too happy with the deal he struck with the devil.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Pretty_Amberg

Yes... we are on these boards to discuss gangsters and peek into their world. But I do draw a line between chit-chatting anonymously with gangster-voyeurs and giving a felon your personal address and acting as a comforting ear for them. I just can't see why anyone would want them in their life. Even Bonosera wasn't too happy with the deal he struck with the devil.

Right, well that may be how you feel and how I feel, but take a look around you. Most of these guys on here would blow their load to have a gangster in their life.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 07:08 PM

I read gangland every week. Doesn't make my life any better. Just enjoy reading it at my leisure.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 05/22/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
I read gangland every week. Doesn't make my life any better. Just enjoy reading it at my leisure.

My point. None of it improves anyone's life. It's all a hobby/interest. More of one for some than others.
Posted By: Sal_Luca

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 06/20/14 11:50 AM

I have written back and forth several times with a guy who killed several people in a poker game in the early 1990s....He is still a total sociopath but he is very honest and breaks down his daily prison life which is very interesting to me personally.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 06/21/14 03:36 AM

A friend of mine (I think he is nuts to begin with) had told me that he wanted to send Scarfo a picture to autograph.....Does anyone know if something like this is even possible?......I am sure that some of us REALLY would like to get inside their heads on what they were thinking at that moment in time BUT, members who haven't flipped will probably honor Omertà.....For instance, I would love to as Bruno, "where were you exactly when your dad was summoned to the meeting?"....I heard he was buying come around the block but only he can confirm AND, he probably would tell whoever to Go F themselves!

This was the subject of at least one other thread (maybe somebody can find it) and there I posted photos of several letters that came from imprisoned mafiosi that an old poster on another forum received.

Pretty crazy, if you ask me. I mean, everyone needs a hobby but it's not like these mob guys would give him the time of day once they were out of prison. It's just, while they're there, they have nothing better to do and will probably respond to just about anyone.
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 06/21/14 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

This was the subject of at least one other thread (maybe somebody can find it) and there I posted photos of several letters that came from imprisoned mafiosi that an old poster on another forum received.

Pretty crazy, if you ask me. I mean, everyone needs a hobby but it's not like these mob guys would give him the time of day once they were out of prison. It's just, while they're there, they have nothing better to do and will probably respond to just about anyone.

I know a poster who writes guys on a regular basis I'm sure a few people know who he is as well the guy as interesting stuff
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? - 06/21/14 12:10 PM

Nope, that just ain't for me.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET