Home

Will Sammy Gravano return to NY

Posted By: tiger84

Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:10 PM

After he is released in 2019 he will be 74 years old im guessing he probably misses NY very much.All the guys he ratted on are either dead in jail or too old maybe their sons might want to harm him but other than that i dont think anyone gives a fuck about SG.Rats are living out in the open today so im guessing in 5 years it will be even worse.

Im not saying he is going to go walking around bensonhurst talking to his old neighbours but maybe he finds a quiet place in manhatten and just lives out his days in low key.He looks really bad the last time i saw a pic of him so if hes alive he will just look like a old dying man
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:15 PM

Someone very close to his brother-in-law recently told me that Sammy is dying. But that could just be bitterness because Eddie's probably going to die in jail himself. So who knows?

If Sammy survives the five years? It wouldn't shock me if he moved to a Central Park West apartment and got himself a reality show. I'm not expecting it, but it wouldn't shock me either.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:19 PM

No way Sammy makes it out alive. He looked horrible in that recent picture.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:25 PM

Hes got graves disease. By itself its not necessarily deadly, but it also doesn't help. Especially the heart.

The last picture I saw of him was horrifying. I don't believe in karma, but there is a tiny bit of justice in the universe apparently.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I'm no good with any of that, Nicky. Can you post that picture for me? I'd like to see it.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:36 PM

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/john-gotti/gravano

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:37 PM

Thanks, Nicky.

But Christ, he does look like death on a plate panic.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:44 PM

He gets an amazing deal and then goes right to drug dealing once he's free. How can anybody be that stupid?

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/06/14 09:51 PM

He gets an amazing deal and then goes right to drug dealing once he's free. How can anybody be that stupid?

They're not rocket scientists, son lol.

All kidding aside, call it a criminal gene. Sammy's a sociopath in the truest sense of the word. There's no cure for a scumbag like him.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Hes got graves disease. By itself its not necessarily deadly, but it also doesn't help. Especially the heart.

The last picture I saw of him was horrifying. I don't believe in karma, but there is a tiny bit of justice in the universe apparently.

Maybe he has HIV/AIDS, or Hepatitis C?
Posted By: bobbyvegas

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
After he is released in 2019 he will be 74 years old im guessing he probably misses NY very much.All the guys he ratted on are either dead in jail or too old maybe their sons might want to harm him but other than that i dont think anyone gives a fuck about SG.Rats are living out in the open today so im guessing in 5 years it will be even worse.

Im not saying he is going to go walking around bensonhurst talking to his old neighbours but maybe he finds a quiet place in manhatten and just lives out his days in low key.He looks really bad the last time i saw a pic of him so if hes alive he will just look like a old dying man

It wasnt that long ago he ratted. He affected a lot of lives by snitching. All it takes is one up and comer thats dying to impress the old timers. Or a son, nephew, family member, etc to retaliate. I doubt he returns. But if so, i wouldnt be surprised if he gets clipped. The families would look soft if he came around and nothing happened. Especially the gambinos
Posted By: dontclickvirus

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 02:45 AM

gravano's betrayal is still relatively "fresh". the guys he directly impacted that ended up in the slammer may not be around any more but their friends and family certainly are. i think he'd certainly be pushing his luck if he decided to take a stroll down a street in the even gentrified parts of brooklyn.
Posted By: dontclickvirus

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 02:49 AM

prior to flipping sammy was a hardened life time criminal through and through. a highly skilled criminal that became extremely wealthy at that. he's not the kind of guy who can just walk away from the life, both in terms of the potential money involved and in terms of just being on the "outside" of society. he wasn't the kind of guy that made just one bad decision and ended having to serve some time. living a straight life is as alien to him as leading a life of crime is to us.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas
..... i wouldnt be surprised if he gets clipped. The families would look soft if he came around and nothing happened. Especially the gambinos

I would.

There are many prominent rats who have dropped out of the WPP and are living in the open.
The 5 families appear to have a non official policy of not hitting turncoats. At least after the damage has been done. It's apparently not worth the resultant heat from LE.
Now this isn't discounting a young Turk going off the reservation, but in as so far as a Gambino family sanctioned hit? No way. Maybe if Peter Gotti was still running the ship. But the Gotti's and their supporters are no longer a power within the family and the current power bloc, I doubt, would hardly give two shits, let alone risk prosecution for a hit.

I would doubt he'd ever move back. There's nothing there for him. He'll want to live out his few remaining somewhere warm judging by his health.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 04:02 AM

Like Sonny said, once the guy's that've been betrayed are dead or in prison for life, it's probably a lot more convenient for the those still around to simply ignore it -- Why rock the boat when you don't have to? Especially for a hit that would most certainly result in widespread media coverage? There's no surer way to ensure exposure than leaving "illustrious corpses".

At least that's what the pragmatist in me sees. The mafia isn't always logical about this kind of thing, though. There are plenty of hypotheticals I could see it happening under, but in general, it'd probably be best that they simply ignored a guy like Sammy's existence.

Maybe and up and coming guy who wants to make a name for himself, or something? Anything's possible, I guess.

Well, this is something to think about also:

Originally Posted By: dontclickvirus
gravano's betrayal is still relatively "fresh". the guys he directly impacted that ended up in the slammer may not be around any more but their friends and family certainly are. i think he'd certainly be pushing his luck if he decided to take a stroll down a street in the even gentrified parts of brooklyn.

I wonder how high on their list of priorities revenge actually is though? When the result of said revenge could very well end in you going to prison for the rest of your life. It's an interesting question in this case.

Although I (really, really) doubt any flipped mobster is going to lack the foresight to realize that dropping out of WPP and returning to NYC is a veritable death sentence. I like to think most peoples sense of self-preservation would preclude such an obviously questionable decision, no matter how home sick they are.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:42 AM

Thats the most recent pic but it was taken in 2010 so imagine how much worse he looks now

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: slumpy
Although I (really, really) doubt any flipped mobster is going to lack the foresight to realize that dropping out of WPP and returning to NYC is a veritable death sentence. I like to think most peoples sense of self-preservation would preclude such an obviously questionable decision, no matter how home sick they are.

PJ Pisciotta (Bonanno rat) is living in a midtown Manhattan high rise and operating several legitimate businesses in the city (2 or 3 gyms and he also owns a piece of a downtown restaurant).

Now he wasn't at the same level as Gravano, but he did hurt a lot of people and his betrayal is a lot more recent. He's living in the same city as Vinny Basciano's sons, who are young, volatile and miss their father (although three of them are heading to prison themselves). I'm just pointing it out because it's not unprecedented for a guy to come back to New York.

And Miami isn't New York, but it's a very high profile city with a lot of criminal activity. And Chris Paciello is living the high life down there at the Delano as a food and beverage "consultant."

I'm just saying, it happens. Hitting such high profile rats at this point would bring way too much heat. The smarter bosses know this. But of course this wouldn't preclude some young cowboy going off the reservation and doing it himself, thinking he'd be making points for himself. So these guys getting hit is always a possibility, but I doubt it would be sanctioned.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:21 AM

The question is....if a young cowboy goes off the reservation and tries to score some points would he actually score points or would the bosses be more pissed about the heat it would bring?

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: baldo
The question is....if a young cowboy goes off the reservation and tries to score some points would he actually score points or would the bosses be more pissed about the heat it would bring?

Exactly.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:34 AM

Count me in on the thought he doesn't survive prison.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:53 AM

While I don't know much about Graves disease, I am fairly certain that it would require special diets and close care/supervision to survive and I doubt he gets that in prison. Someone asked about him returning to the life of crime after getting a super deal. That is the only life he really knows so where else would he go??. What I find really disturbing is that he would bring his wife, daughter and son into the drug business. You don't much lower than that. Let's say he survives the Graves and gets out. Why not live out your last years somewhere near the shore- like Myrtle Beach which isn't loaded with New Yorkers like Miami or other nice towns. If released, he won,'t have long to last anyway. NYC would be a dumb choice, but he has already demonstrated his stupidity

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 01:28 PM

Even if he survives will he have any supervised release where he has to stay in state or anything like that?

My cousin was married to a woman with Graves, that shit made her crazy but she also wasn't taking her meds either. bigboy these days the state/feds have to give you some kind of care so they don't get sued so he is getting some but people forget he is up there in age. He did look fairly young when he flipped but he was up there then as well.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 01:35 PM

He'll only go back if he needs tee-pee for his bunhole
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Even if he survives will he have any supervised release where he has to stay in state or anything like that?

My cousin was married to a woman with Graves, that shit made her crazy but she also wasn't taking her meds either. bigboy these days the state/feds have to give you some kind of care so they don't get sued so he is getting some but people forget he is up there in age. He did look fairly young when he flipped but he was up there then as well.

Dixie, you are right, the feds will give him care to avoid lawsuits but I would question the QUALITY of the care. Surely they aren't going to find the best doctors like bull could afford if he was out.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 04:41 PM

His daughter is on some kind of a show they shoot in Staten Island. If he is alive he will definately be on that show. The ratings for that show will hit the moon.

He is probably not afraid to show up in Brooklyn and buy a cannoli either some day.

He will be on the tonight show one day.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 04:52 PM

I think he makes it out of jail in 3 1/2 yrs but hell be mid 70tys and his wife. just don't think they have the money to get up and moved back to any part of nyc. the feds must have really wiped out hes bank accounts, took the house. his wife probably lives with the son or daughter who made some money off the tv show but even she went back to Arizona. looked tuff on tv with the cameras following her around ny, with that girl who quit the show Karen will probably go back. I can already see it they'll try to make a doc on his sammys first days of freedom. hes been in 14yrs hes probably in a prison hospital or a real low level not fences around the yard, but he may have pissed the feds off again for telling that guy famas lawers the hit on that garafolo guy wasn't cause they thought he informant but just in sammys way.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy

Dixie, you are right, the feds will give him care to avoid lawsuits but I would question the QUALITY of the care. Surely they aren't going to find the best doctors like bull could afford if he was out.

SG and his family are trashy idiots and bottom feeders, and give Italian-Americans a bad name since they are all media putos, and criminals who get a slap on the wrist since they rat out others.

He supposedly has a disease but this is payback for how he is a rat, and killed lots of people including women.

I doubt SG or his family can afford any sort of health care since they are criminals and saving up money was not one of their priorities.

Also in prisons, and if he's going to assisted living...'accidents' can happen. shhh
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:03 PM

Do u not think this is why there is so many rats ?? There r no consequences so if a mob guy gets in a jam he will think fuck it , these other rats r living in the open so nothing will happen to me either

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Do u not think this is why there is so many rats ?? There r no consequences so if a mob guy gets in a jam he will think fuck it , these other rats r living in the open so nothing will happen to me either

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't, Dom. If they start hitting rats, the Feds will turn it on like a fucking light switch.

It'll never be the same, but it can remain status quo for quite awhile as long as they keep the violence to a minimum. It's almost like there's a silent agreement between the wiseguys and the Feds regarding this.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:24 PM

Yeah the Feds r basically saying knock off the violence and the drug dealing and we will let u earn , the minute there r bodies dropping in the street the Feds will be all over them like a rash . I can't believe the Feds haven't stated rounding people up in Montreal with all the killings there . Am I correct in thinking they don't use the Rico act there ?

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:28 PM

Yeah the Feds r basically saying knock off the violence and the drug dealing and we will let u earn , the minute there r bodies dropping in the street the Feds will be all over them like a rash .

Exactly, Dom. That's the "unspoken" agreement I was talking about.

I can't believe the Feds haven't stated rounding people up in Montreal with all the killings there . Am I correct in thinking they don't use the Rico act there ?

Different government, different ballgame wink.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:28 PM

Yeah the Feds r basically saying knock off the violence and the drug dealing and we will let u earn , the minute there r bodies dropping in the street the Feds will be all over them like a rash . I can't believe the Feds haven't stated rounding people up in Montreal with all the killings there . Am I correct in thinking they don't use the Rico act there ?

Well and the fact you serve like ten years in Canada for murder one. The jail time guys get in Canada is a joke compared to similar mafia crime in the states.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Well and the fact you serve like ten years in Canada for murder one. The jail time guys get in Canada is a joke compared to similar mafia crime in the states.

And that's why it's still the Wild West up there when it comes to the mob. And it looks to stay that way. For the imminent future, anyway.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:30 PM

I bet desjardins hopes he will get longer than 10 years , he is gonna be a marked man wen he is released

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:33 PM

I can't believe the Feds haven't stated rounding people up in Montreal with all the killings there . Am I correct in thinking they don't use the Rico act there ?

Umm, you DO know Canada's a different country dont you?
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I think he makes it out of jail in 3 1/2 yrs but hell be mid 70tys and his wife. just don't think they have the money to get up and moved back to any part of nyc. the feds must have really wiped out hes bank accounts, took the house. his wife probably lives with the son or daughter who made some money off the tv show but even she went back to Arizona. looked tuff on tv with the cameras following her around ny, with that girl who quit the show Karen will probably go back. I can already see it they'll try to make a doc on his sammys first days of freedom. hes been in 14yrs hes probably in a prison hospital or a real low level not fences around the yard, but he may have pissed the feds off again for telling that guy famas lawers the hit on that garafolo guy wasn't cause they thought he informant but just in sammys way.

That will be about the time Scorese will make the Irshman. They are all about the same age. I can see Gravanzo being cast in that movie on screen and as an adviser behind the scenes.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:38 PM

Yeah sonny I'm well aware of that , just talking about the comparisons there have been a million killings in Montreal recently and the Feds don't seem to be coming down on them to hard , if that was happening in New York the Feds would try and wipe the mob off the map
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 05:58 PM

I don't see any advantage to a Family sanctioned hit on the Bull. First off,the Mob has enough problems just surviving,let alone taking a chance on a murder/RICO case. Second of all,who even gives a rat's behind about him anymore?
Sammy has more to fear from some young gang member or unconnected psycho cugine who might kill him just so he can talk smack in between crack pipe hits.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:04 PM

Yeah sonny I'm well aware of that , just talking about the comparisons there have been a million killings in Montreal recently and the Feds don't seem to be coming down on them to hard , if that was happening in New York the Feds would try and wipe the mob off the map

They'll never wipe them "off the map", and if you think things like RICO and the federales have been effective at stopping them or making them weak, well they haven't.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
I don't see any advantage to a Family sanctioned hit on the Bull. First off,the Mob has enough problems just surviving,let alone taking a chance on a murder/RICO case. Second of all,who even gives a rat's behind about him anymore?
Sammy has more to fear from some young gang member or unconnected psycho cugine who might kill him just so he can talk smack in between crack pipe hits.

What is a cugine? A racist term? It does not mean cousin in Italian.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

They'll never wipe them "off the map", and if you think things like RICO and the federales have been effective at stopping them or making them weak, well they haven't.

You're out of your mind if you think they haven't been weakened. And we're not talking about Sicily or even Canada. We're talking about America. The American mob is not going away anytime soon. But they're nowhere near as strong as they used to be, either.

You really contradict yourself a lot, Cornuto. And I'm not looking to argue with you. It's just that in one thread you call the American mob a kindergarten class, and then you post that the "Federales" haven't weakened them confused .

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:09 PM

Well, they have.

Federal enforcement has been a key factor in reducing the effective capabilities of Italian OC. Fact.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:11 PM

It's just an expression. Sometimes it's derogatory. But sometimes, with each other, it can be affectionate. Almost like the way Black kids throw around the N-Word

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:18 PM

Bigboy I agree with you there, the quality of most places sucks unless he is at a medical facility. I think this is a state case so the quality probably does really suck. The thing is if you are going to get charged, make sure it's federal so you'll have it made. State joints and county joints suck.

I bet desjardins hopes he will get longer than 10 years , he is gonna be a marked man wen he is released

Yea no joke dom. If he ever gets out he is a dead man walking. Hell with Ponytail dying in prison of poisoning of all things it makes you wonder when Raynald gets his dose too....
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 06:35 PM

Yes and no. Its a little convoluted. There is no single legislation that targets OC like rico, but a myriad of different laws that amount to a similar situation.. however because there are sometimes disconnects between these laws it is often easier to find legal loop holes. RICO would also be a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as you cannot persecute people for being part of an organization, criminal or otherwise (there may be an exception for 'terrorist' groups such as the FLQ [French Sovereignty group] in the 1970's; but I'm not sure). The issue with RICO is that it's sort of like "pre-crime" and in Canada you can't lock someone away for crimes they may commit in the future.

(I know that's not what RICO does technically -- It locks people away for longer sentences based on the crime they actually did commit AND an association with criminal elements under one banner on the predication that they are more likely to be prone to recidivism)

Nicky is partially correct, however, 10 years is the minimum mandatory sentence for murder 1... so there's a bit of hyperbole there hehe. But yes, our prison sentences tend to be much lighter. However I still don't see losing a decade of your life as being any sort of joke (IMO). There is no clear social benefit to locking away (most of) these men for life, either though, so there's that to consider.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 07:26 PM

The kid who told on spero from the bat have crew was just in Brooklyn. Happens more than people think. I forget the kids name and don't care to look. U guys know who I'm talking about

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 07:27 PM

He got arrested at a dunkin donuts for beating up a kid who supposedly spit at him and called him a rat
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 07:30 PM

Jimmy calandra if my memory serves me right.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
The kid who told on speedo from the bat have crew was just in Brooklyn. Happens more than people think. I forget the kids name and don't care to look. U guys know who I'm talking about

It happens A LOT more than people think. One of the rats in the old 1998 Scores case has been lending cash as a freelancer lately. He's at the video slots casino at Yonkers Raceway every day. I mean, Greg and his son are both dead, Junior's out of the life, so what does he really have to worry about?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:34 PM

Didn't mean to come off as a racist. I should probably have mentioned that I'm Italian. The way we always used the word "cugine" was to describe a young, cocky, wiseguy wanna-be.
Exclusively applied to Italian-American males,it is a disrespectful and contemptuous term that we use for those that are an embarassment.

I do agree that it is like an African American using the N-word.Even though it is used by one of the same race,it is still not a proper way to refer to another person.

I wasn't thinking when I used the term,and the fact that I am Italian doesn't excuse my use of the word.Apologies if anyone took offense.

"Now go get your fu**ing shine box." (Just kidding,thought it would be a funny line to throw in).

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 09:41 PM

Didn't mean to come off as a racist. I should probably have mentioned that I'm Italian. The way we always used the word "cugine" was to describe a young, cocky, wiseguy wanna-be.
Exclusively applied to Italian-American males,it is a disrespectful and contemptuous term that we use for those that are an embarassment.

I do agree that it is like an African American using the N-word.Even though it is used by one of the same race,it is still not a proper way to refer to another person.

I wasn't thinking when I used the term,and the fact that I am Italian doesn't excuse my use of the word.Apologies if anyone took offense.

"Now go get your fu**ing shine box." (Just kidding,thought it would be a funny line to throw in).

You didn't say anything wrong, Lou. I'm Italian American on both sides. I've been a Sons of Italy member for over 30 years. My Dad has an OSIA chapter named for him and my Uncle. My point is, I can be fairly sensitive about the stereotype, and it didn't offend me at all. The truth is, sometimes stereotypes ARE true. And a lot of those assholes ARE cugines wink .

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 11:31 PM

I had never heard the term before. I did a google search and someone claimed it meant cousin but I looked up the word for cousin in Italian, and it is not the word used.

The slurs I have seen used for Italians are "Guido", "wop", "Dago", and "Guinea". I am not sure why "I guide" is a slur were lots of Italian men drivers at first when they came to America like with a stage coach or later car? Why is the term "Guinea" used or is that from when Italians controlled some countries in Africa?

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/07/14 11:39 PM

I had never heard the term before. I did a google search and someone claimed it meant cousin but I looked up the word for cousin in Italian, and it is not the word used.

Just to give you an idea, when Italian-American men use it amongst themselves, I'd say it's comparable to the term Vato with Mexican men.

But when outsiders say it about Italian-American men, it's usually in a negative context.
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/08/14 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It's just an expression. Sometimes it's derogatory. But sometimes, with each other, it can be affectionate. Almost like the way Black kids throw around the N-Word

Cugino means cousin in Italian. Cugin' is just the way neapolitans say it.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/08/14 03:48 AM

Yeah, Sammy isn't looking too well these days. I guess an unrepentant serial killer like him would have no problem snitching on another mafia guy to save his own ass. But he got a "get out of jail free card" and promptly blew it.
Posted By: SaintAccardo

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:20 AM

Bigboy I agree with you there, the quality of most places sucks unless he is at a medical facility. I think this is a state case so the quality probably does really suck. The thing is if you are going to get charged, make sure it's federal so you'll have it made. State joints and county joints suck.

Yea no joke dom. If he ever gets out he is a dead man walking. Hell with Ponytail dying in prison of poisoning of all things it makes you wonder when Raynald gets his dose too....

From what I've always understood, Florence ADX is a federal supermax facility and that is where Gravano is. So why is it that you think he's in a state joint getting state care??? Unless something has either changed or the media and everyone else including the BOP has been telling lies to everyone as to where he has been doing his time.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: SaintAccardo
From what I've always understood, Florence ADX is a federal supermax facility and that is where Gravano is. So why is it that you think he's in a state joint getting state care??? Unless something has either changed or the media and everyone else including the BOP has been telling lies to everyone as to where he has been doing his time.

The ecstasy charges were joint federal and state charges. Sammy's in an Arizona state prison:

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_data...Type=SearchInet

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:27 AM

What's happening is, he's serving the Arizona State charges concurrently with the federal charges.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:34 AM

What's happening is, he's serving the Arizona State charges concurrently with the federal charges.

Ok. He was in ADX for a time though, as thats where Karen went to visit him. When did he get transferred?

I always thought when the feds take over a state case, the feds thereby have precedence over the case and it then becomes a fed case. I understand the state charges running concurrent with the federal charges but because this crime involved interstate characteristics, it is predominantly a federal case/crime/and conviction? No?

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:43 AM

Ok. He was in ADX for a time though, as thats where Karen went to visit him. When did he get transferred?

I always thought when the feds take over a state case, the feds thereby have precedence over the case and it then becomes a fed case. I understand the state charges running concurrent with the federal charges but because this crime involved interstate characteristics, it is predominantly a federal case/crime/and conviction? No?

Well, the way I understand it, it was the Arizona Department of Corrections that did the placement. So for the early years of the sentence, they were probably happy to hand him off to the Feds at Florence. One less mouth to feed.

And as far as how often and where he's been transferred over the years, they've more than likely kept that off their public databases due to the nature of his past.

But what comes around goes around. Fuck him.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 01:56 AM

Well, the way I understand it, it was the Arizona Department of Corrections that did the placement. So for the early years of the sentence, they were probably happy to hand him off to the Feds at Florence. One less mouth to feed.

And as far as how often and where he's been transferred over the years, they've more than likely kept that off their public databases due to the nature of his past.

But what comes around goes around. Fuck him.

I haven't been keeping up with him really but the BOP's site is almost always accurate in where a certain prisoner is located at that moment, but yes, they do keep some things secret. For example the placement of Scarpa Jr. Can you believe he's in Ft Madison, Iowa in the state joint there? The only reason I know this is because I know one of his best friends pretty good and he's let me see the actual letters that Greg has sent him, and lo and behold the return address is Ft Madison, Iowa.
I can't remember why this is, I forget, but he's also given his friend a cell phone that only Greg calls him on and the area code for the phone is 319, mine and my old roommates old area code when we were younger, living in Iowa going to the University of Iowa.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 02:05 AM

I haven't been keeping up with him really but the BOP's site is almost always accurate in where a certain prisoner is located at that moment, but yes, they do keep some things secret.

Well, that kinda proves my point. Because there isn't a Salvatore Gravano in the Federal Inmate database (BOP), even though the charges were joint state and federal.

As far as Scarpa Jr. being in an Iowa State prison, nothing surprises me. Here in the NYC metro area, the Feds will hand you off everywhere from the Westchester County lockup to Green Haven to Sing Sing to their own MDC and MCC. The more they dislike you, the more they move you around wink.
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/09/14 10:26 AM

The guy looks like fuckin' E.T, even if he does come back in Brooklyn who is going to recognize him? He looks just like another old guy with a disease.

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/12/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Jimmy calandra if my memory serves me right.

Yup
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Will Sammy Gravano return to NY - 05/18/14 08:04 PM

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/1999/09/john-gotti-succession

Reading this interview with Sammy from 1999 in Vanity Fair.

Apparently, in prison, Gotti had a contract out on Locascio, Watts and Marino.

I wonder if he found out about Locascio threatening to kill him from Gravano's interview with Diane Sawyer lol.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET