Home

The Chang family

Posted By: mulberry

The Chang family - 04/29/14 10:28 AM

Are any of them still active in the mob? Chang Sr is getting out next year, right?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 10:48 AM

John Ciancaglini is one of the main players in Philly right now
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 10:52 AM

Is that the guy who tried to kill his brother?
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 11:04 AM

No. That's michael ciangalini. He was killed by John Veasey though. Joseph Ciangalini was shot several times but survived. He is severely impaired from the attempt and is inactive.

John Chang is the only son left who could be active.
Posted By: cheech

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 11:23 AM

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/17545326/reputed-mobster-linked-to-lottery-stand
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 01:19 PM

Must have been awful for there mother , Michael and Joseph on opposing sides shooting at each other in the Merlino/ stanfa war . Her husband sentenced to 45 years her other son john in and out of prison and still involved in the mob
Posted By: Belmont

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 01:19 PM

No question some young guys opt for crime but where are they going to find a mob guy to hook up with ????? Those neighborhoods are mostly dead.
Oc will always be around but its dead. My buddy just got out after doing 8 years; fed prison.
All the guys said its over, they are going legit.
Crime is a young mans game.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 01:37 PM

Johnny Chang will always be involved in the life but will also always keep a seriously low profile, especially after the lottery stand fiasco where he was seen regularly holding court, he's the number 3 guy in the family but is well insulated.

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 01:42 PM

I wouldn't call wot he does keeping a low profile , I've seen about 10 recent photos of him with other members of the Philly mob
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 06:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the ciancaglini's mother died in the mid 80s (86 maybe?). I wanna know how Chickie felt. I know he supported Michael's side. I read some former cop say that Chickie hated Joey Chang but I just don't see how that could be.

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I wouldn't call wot he does keeping a low profile , I've seen about 10 recent photos of him with other members of the Philly mob

10 photo's? You're talking about the few he was posing in photo's with Mazzone, Dom Grande, Lance and them guys at a wedding reception, there was only a few, Feds already know he's a player, just look at the lotto stand video. In terms of keeping a low profile I mean he won't be holding court on the street or talking to ANYONE he doesn't trust, he's a smart guy.
Posted By: pmac

Re: The Chang family - 04/29/14 09:25 PM

got john veasyes book were he says Joe Chang would go to his brothers grave and piss on it weird maybe true who knows. they hated each other. guess the dad and older brother john were locked up when shit hit the fan in the stanfa war plus when your moms not there either guess it could get 1 brother to kill another. didn't Joe try to take out mike Chang first.

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 01:25 AM

I don't think it matters how low key u try and be wen your a member of the Philly mob , wen u have Anastasia and his pal following u round all the time . The Philly mob is pretty much finished now anyway , there isn't much left to run . Ligambi did a decent job with wot he had left , now we will prob see factions fighting for control of nothing and they will undo the decent work ligambi did

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 07:54 AM

I don't think it matters how low key u try and be wen your a member of the Philly mob , wen u have Anastasia and his pal following u round all the time . The Philly mob is pretty much finished now anyway , there isn't much left to run . Ligambi did a decent job with wot he had left , now we will prob see factions fighting for control of nothing and they will undo the decent work ligambi did

lol true.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
got john veasyes book were he says Joe Chang would go to his brothers grave and piss on it weird maybe true who knows. they hated each other. guess the dad and older brother john were locked up when shit hit the fan in the stanfa war plus when your moms not there either guess it could get 1 brother to kill another. didn't Joe try to take out mike Chang first.

I dont really know much about their realtionship. But keep in mind that john veasey is not an objective source about the chang family. he hates them with a passion. veasey's brother was killed by johnny and he will never let it go emotionally. hes a socipath scumbag that will spend the rest of his life calling Johnny Chang's wife (there is a clip of her talking about it), harassing people's families, posting bullshit on facebook, being the same sort of criminal he was in the mafia days minus the murders.

i would just take veasey's word with a grain of salt.

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/john-veasey/
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 10:47 AM

La famiglia in that major east coast city is still around, and still does have power. I have noticed how Anastasia plays ignorant and claims that they're "dead, barely alive, no longer around as much, pretty much finished, do not hold power, the books are closed, they're not taking new members, they're fighting over barely anything, there isn't much left to run, etc." but that's not true.

Must have been awful for there mother , Michael and Joseph on opposing sides shooting at each other in the Merlino/ stanfa war . Her husband sentenced to 45 years her other son john in and out of prison and still involved in the mob

She probably figured that sort of thing was going to happen if she knew they were involved in OC.

Originally Posted By: Belmont
No question some young guys opt for crime but where are they going to find a mob guy to hook up with ????? Those neighborhoods are mostly dead.
Oc will always be around but its dead. My buddy just got out after doing 8 years; fed prison.
All the guys said its over, they are going legit.
Crime is a young mans game.

Ethnic neighborhoods are not dead at all. I live in one.

Of course the people who are in prison are telling your hombre that they're going legit, that it's over, not around, not as strong anymore, etc. they got caught.

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 12:48 PM

The mafia is not dead but dying for sure outside of NY/NJ. The same with ethnic Italian neighborhoods, even in NY.

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 12:52 PM

assimilation is the biggest factor in the decline of LCN along with Mr RICO
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: The Chang family - 04/30/14 11:12 PM

@cheech

white flight plays much more of a role than assimilation

white flight caused the assimilation u speak of

Re: The Chang family - 05/01/14 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@cheech

Little Italy NY taken over by yuppies and hipsters. Bensonhurst being taken over by Russians and Chinese.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: The Chang family - 05/01/14 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
@cheech

Little Italy NY taken over by yuppies and hipsters. Bensonhurst being taken over by Russians and Chinese.

I tried to learn chinese but I felt like they were "hissing" at me
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: The Chang family - 05/01/14 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech
assimilation is the biggest factor in the decline of LCN along with Mr RICO

I agree Don Cheech
Posted By: 22

Re: The Chang family - 05/01/14 03:46 AM

Isn't the last brother from a different wife of Chang Sr.Not that it makes a difference but maybe that was an issue with them.

Re: The Chang family - 05/01/14 01:32 PM

@cheech

let me tell you something my friend...my father lived in the Hill neighborhood in new haven, ct with 8 brothers and sisters...in a tenement...in 1967 there was a trial here regarding the black panthers which caused a major riot like in many other cities in the late 60's, i believe the one im referring to was in 1967 when my father was 10...they were blowing shit up everywhere....my grandmother would throw boiling pots of water down onto the street to keep the rioters out of the building while my grandfather, father and some of his brothers threw sticks of dynamite off the roof. they moved shortly thereafter and i grew up in the first floor of a three family apartment in a neighboring suburb called Hamden...I am the first person in my family to own a house, neither parents own one to this day.

you want to call that white flight go ahead....
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: The Chang family - 05/02/14 09:10 PM

It was mentioned somewhere that Nicky Jr. met with Joey Chang Jr. around 2007 or so, to discuss the two joining up to make a power move in philly. By all media accounts, joey jr. is almost a vegetable. If thats the case, why is Nicky Jr. reaching out to him?

Re: The Chang family - 05/02/14 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: tjonezee
It was mentioned somewhere that Nicky Jr. met with Joey Chang Jr. around 2007 or so, to discuss the two joining up to make a power move in philly. By all media accounts, joey jr. is almost a vegetable. If thats the case, why is Nicky Jr. reaching out to him?

Desperation probably, Scarfo Jr is a big earner but he's a punk, the Jersey Lucchese's HATE him, they look down on him and now they heard about his dad talking shit about them being rats (which is total bs) he will get shelved as soon as he's released from prison, which will be a very long time. As for Joey Chang, he's not a vegatable but he's disabled, wheelchair.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: The Chang family - 05/04/14 12:52 PM

Johnny Chang works for the Teamsters. He is been working the movies for a few years now. Any movie or tv show shot in the city or the suburbs. I have been a member of the teamsters for over 15 yrs. Local 107 for 13 yrs and now with local 929.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: The Chang family - 05/04/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
@cheech

let me tell you something my friend...my father lived in the Hill neighborhood in new haven, ct with 8 brothers and sisters...in a tenement...in 1967 there was a trial here regarding the black panthers which caused a major riot like in many other cities in the late 60's, i believe the one im referring to was in 1967 when my father was 10...they were blowing shit up everywhere....my grandmother would throw boiling pots of water down onto the street to keep the rioters out of the building while my grandfather, father and some of his brothers threw sticks of dynamite off the roof. they moved shortly thereafter and i grew up in the first floor of a three family apartment in a neighboring suburb called Hamden...I am the first person in my family to own a house, neither parents own one to this day.

you want to call that white flight go ahead....

white flight is a major reason the mafia is depleted
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET