Home

Who's calling shots for the colombo's

Posted By: thebigfella

Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 03:50 AM

Theodore persico Sr is back on the streets do u guys think he will retire
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 04:01 AM

Persicos call the shots from the can, while Russo is acting on the streets.

Who knows what Teddy Sr. will do after 20 yrs in jail, he could take over his sons crew while hes away or he could be bumped up to an administration spot(consigliere is empty since Fusco died), or like you said he could just simply retire. last reports about this guy was by capeci not too long after he got out saying that teddy sr was pretty much keeping to him self and staying clear of typical mob hangouts.
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 04:21 AM

I wonder how much persici really knows about the post commission case mafia. The guy has been in jail for a long time. Does he really have intimate knowledge if any rackets? Is he just a figurehead? It seems like the mob has changed a ton since he was locked up. I wonder if he really comprehends it. It seem that the area has changed a lot too. I wonder what some of the guys who were in prison 20 years think when they get out and not only are the social clubs gone, but the demographics of the neighborhood have completely changed as well. Does anyone on the street actually respect these guys or even know who the are anymore? Do the respect the younger generation of mobsters? Do they respect suburban raised mobsters? I guess we'll find out soon...

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: StLguy
I wonder how much persici really knows about the post commission case mafia. The guy has been in jail for a long time. Does he really have intimate knowledge if any rackets? Is he just a figurehead? It seems like the mob has changed a ton since he was locked up. I wonder if he really comprehends it. It seem that the area has changed a lot too. I wonder what some of the guys who were in prison 20 years think when they get out and not only are the social clubs gone, but the demographics of the neighborhood have completely changed as well. Does anyone on the street actually respect these guys or even know who the are anymore? Do the respect the younger generation of mobsters? Do they respect suburban raised mobsters? I guess we'll find out soon...

Persico has been able to stay in power because of all the family members he has loyal to him on the streets, even the acting boss Russo is his cousin.

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 04:52 AM

What I mean is what does he actually know? If one of his people fed him bullshit, would he actually be able to tell?

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 05:02 AM

He probably reads Capecis Gangland every week to keep him informed lol
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 05:04 AM

Carmine perisco is the boss
The 3 most powerful Colombo members out on the street are Andrew Russo, joseph baudanza, teddy perisco
Farese is the Colombo skipper in fla

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
He probably reads Capecis Gangland every week to keep him informed lol

lol. It does seem like the amount of detailed info that would get to him would be severely curtailed though.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: StLguy
What I mean is what does he actually know? If one of his people fed him bullshit, would he actually be able to tell?

Actually a good point...Wondering the same.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 05:22 AM

Ralph Lombardo is a power aswel , persico needs to stand down for the good of the family , he has been on the street 4 years since 1971, he is the one who has done the most harm to the family . Like u said how can this guy be in touch with the street ?? The colombos r more of a blood family than a mob family , that's why he has been able to stay in power for so long , everybody is loyal to him . In my opinion bill cutolo would have made a brilliant boss , he was a massive money earner and he had immense respect on the street and the persicos knew it , hence why persico and deross made him underboss so they could get him close enough to kill him

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 08:23 AM

Teddy sr. Have enough family members to keep him informed of what's going on, I think he will hold a semi retired position to teach the younger mobsters tradition, I think teddy Jr is the future of that outfit

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 09:21 AM

The baudanzas r the future of the colombos
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 11:11 AM

quick question is Vincent Langella active? I can't find anything on him age or anything so I don't know what his status is
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Joe is like 70..
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Joe is like 70..

Yeah but Sonny Franzese is 96. 70 is young for the colombos.

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 06:11 PM

The colombos r more of a blood family than a mob family , that's why he has been able to stay in power for so long , everybody is loyal to him .

That has to end sometime.Just look at what happened to the gotti's .

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/02/14 07:48 PM

The gotti's wasn't as entrenched as the persicos, they have brother in laws , brothers, fathers, cousins, as well as uncles that's apart of the persico family, they even have persicos that's associates, their gonna be around for a while longer

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/04/14 07:06 PM

OI
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/04/14 09:17 PM

Sonny Franzese is the boss and will still be for a long time!!!
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/04/14 10:51 PM

The persicos thru the russos
Posted By: pmac

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 05:01 AM

It just shows how committed to the lcn the persicos are when the father and son are doing life sentences for there thing. Has there ever been a another pop and son dou. Fucking life now another brother goin to jail.but the money still rolling in well Jr gotti is or was living off selling his story.give credit were credit due crazy the whole family.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 05:08 AM

Its crazy after wars like 20 acting bosses carmine snake just still got his hands on the wheel I think IMO hes way more a legend then gotti. He's been in jail 30 yes he's still official boss. I wish all these last trials they would asked the Colombo rats about carmine no luck. He didn't kill his way to boss either he was appointed by the real commission.wat1980 even thou scarpa said the minute Colombo got shot snake was boss but in jail.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Its crazy after wars like 20 acting bosses carmine snake just still got his hands on the wheel I think IMO hes way more a legend then gotti. He's been in jail 30 yes he's still official boss. I wish all these last trials they would asked the Colombo rats about carmine no luck. He didn't kill his way to boss either he was appointed by the real commission.wat1980 even thou scarpa said the minute Colombo got shot snake was boss but in jail.

Well, he did get there on top of Gallos' bodies and betting on Colombo.

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 07:41 AM

One of the worst bosses of the lot , persico has been in the street for 4 years since 1971 , a lot of the internal conflict has been due to his incarceration , which has weakened the family and brought it close to it's knees , his this guy can be an effective boss I do not know , granted half the family r related either through blood of marriage , but the mob has changed significantly since he was on the street . If joey massino had got his way there wouldn't even be a Colombo family , he wanted to split the remaining members of the family into the other 4 families
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac

Persico was made the official boss in 1980, appointed by the Commission. But he did held considerable power within the Family throughout the 1970s. When Abbatemarco, the underboss, was shelved in 1977, it was due to him not getting along with the Persicos. And Abbatemarco outranked both of them (Carmine and Alphonse) and the captains who were close to them.

One of the worst bosses of the lot , persico has been in the street for 4 years since 1971 , a lot of the internal conflict has been due to his incarceration , which has weakened the family and brought it close to it's knees , his this guy can be an effective boss I do not know , granted half the family r related either through blood of marriage , but the mob has changed significantly since he was on the street . If joey massino had got his way there wouldn't even be a Colombo family , he wanted to split the remaining members of the family into the other 4 families

Bad boss. Insecure. But tough as nails. The Colombos ordered killings on their own people more than any other Family. 20 or more Colombos (made guys and associates) met a violent end only in the 1980s. Being the smallest of the five NY Families, that figure says a lot.

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 12:07 PM

I've always wondered why ralph lombardo hasn't taken a larger hand in things ? He seems like a low key capable guy , plus he has served on the administration in the past
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 03:43 PM

I never knew that Abbatemarco was underboss I thought he was a capo and that's it?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 04:21 PM

Abbatemarco was originally very close to the Persicos. He took briefly over Carmine´s crew. Later, he was named underboss by Tom DiBella, but it was really the Persicos who were the main power in the Family. They had large support from a group of powerful captains. In 1977, Abbatemarco pushed for more power but failed. If I remember correctly, Abbatemarco simply vanished, but wasn´t killed. He may have been held in FBI protective costudy for a short time, but to my knowledge, he did not rat. This accurate article (you will have to copy and paste) tells of the Abbatemarco push. It´s most likely Scarpa who provided info to LE and then it somehow leaked out to the media.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1454&dat=19770605&id=bLosAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JRMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6670,794725
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 04:24 PM

Good article, thank you
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 04:52 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Hairy.

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/05/14 05:15 PM

What's the deal about Vincent Langella is he still active?
Posted By: Per5ico

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/23/14 02:30 AM

Well said
Posted By: Per5ico

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/23/14 02:33 AM

Agreed. U do ur homework I see.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Who's calling shots for the colombo's - 01/23/14 02:39 AM

Just to pick a fight Amuso held official rank for 30odd years with zero inbred relatives on the streets.

Kinda takes the wind out of Persicos sails if you ask me. (And had the 'good grace' to step down when 'asked').
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET