Home

A Whacked Boss?

Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D

A Whacked Boss? - 11/23/13 04:28 AM

Nowadays with LCN making it top priority to operate under the radar and with an all time low of police and political protection. HYPOTHETICALLY, let's say Cali or Barney got hit by other elements of OC, Latin American Gangs or Eastern European OC or whatever. You would have to think they would go to the mattresses even in todays day and age no? I mean under all the circumstances how could they not retaliate. Any way, your thoughts on what you think would happen. This is purely Hypothetical of course.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/23/13 11:27 AM

maybe the Gambino or Genovese are still too powerful to be killed especially in New York,and have an alliance with the Aryans. I think it is more plausible and it seems strange that Carmine Persico haven't yet whacked.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/23/13 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D
Nowadays with LCN making it top priority to operate under the radar and with an all time low of police and political protection. HYPOTHETICALLY, let's say Cali or Barney got hit by other elements of OC, Latin American Gangs or Eastern European OC or whatever. You would have to think they would go to the mattresses even in todays day and age no? I mean under all the circumstances how could they not retaliate. Any way, your thoughts on what you think would happen. This is purely Hypothetical of course.

this might make for a pretty good plot for a movie...but thats just about it ohwell
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/23/13 01:36 PM

Cali has serious connections on both sides, I'm pretty sure they'd have hit teams ready to kill whoever did it. And Barney is a legend and arguably the most powerful mobster in America, you think them old bastards would let that slide? The Genovese family seem very loyal compared to others.
Posted By: botz

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/24/13 01:34 AM

It would be impossible for the mob to take on the Los Zetas, MS-13, Sinaloa Cartel, etc.
Posted By: Ted

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/24/13 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
It would be impossible for the mob to take on the Los Zetas, MS-13, Sinaloa Cartel, etc.

I'd take any of the Five Families against a local MS-13 gang. The Sinaloa and Los Zetas cartels are based in Mexico so there's no reason for them to kill a Mafia boss.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/24/13 01:22 PM

A war between the Colombian cartels and the American Mafia makes up a key subplot of the otherwise not very good book "Vendetta" by Steve Shagan.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/25/13 01:34 AM

The Mob really doesn't engage in the same type of rackets as cartels. Save for maybe running peripheral to Cartels/ street gangs when it comes to prostitution. Neither party really has a good reason to go after the other.
Posted By: botz

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/25/13 02:13 AM

MS-13 is street gang, Army, and cartel all in one. Theres no way the five families could take on these guys.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/25/13 02:23 AM

I don't know what it is but threads like this only get traction on this board.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/25/13 12:48 PM

example, if the Zetas wanted to expand their operations in New York and decided to kill the bosses of all five families or just the boss of the Gambinos and Genoveses?
what will happens? what is left of the Mafia kill each zetas what could shot in? or make an alliance with the enemies of the Zetas to kill them all?
Posted By: jmack

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/25/13 03:55 PM

If my aunt had a d**k she would be my uncle. This shit would never happen.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/26/13 02:35 AM

As far as the Mexican and Latin American cartels go, are you really serious? If for example,the Zetas wanted to "take on" the Mafia,they would encounter little if any resistance.
Mainly because after the Zetas grabbed a Boss,and maybe a couple of Capos,machine gunned them to death,and stuck their severed heads in their mailboxes,the rest of the Family would probably get the message.
Even the smallest drug cartels have thousands of available killers ranging from war weary veterans with hundreds of bodies,
to 13 year olds who will cut loose with an automatic rifle in the hopes of getting a cool nickname,and maybe a nice watch.
Posted By: StLguy

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/26/13 03:05 AM

I'd like to see how quick a war between the Mexicans and the LA 'family' would end.
Posted By: Ted

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/26/13 07:08 AM

The thing with the cartels is that this isn't Mexico. The second they started gunning down mobsters in New York the FBI would be all over that. There would be a bunch of dead mobsters and arrested cartel members and in the end nobody would benefit.
Posted By: mbo

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/26/13 05:25 PM

I think in a discussion like this people tend to forget how rethless and brutal the mafia has been in the past. The only reason they seem softer now is because the fbi is constantly on their ass. The pressure is so high that its just bad for buisness to whack people who cross them. If you take that out of the equation the gangs would have a fight on their hands. Plus as other people noted, if gangs started dropping bodies of mobsters all over new york, LE would crack down on them hard.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/26/13 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I don't know what it is but threads like this only get traction on this board.

My Daddy can beat up your Daddy rolleyes.
Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D

Re: A Whacked Boss? - 11/27/13 10:38 AM

Well I figured this would happen. I hoped by the lingo I used uz would understand this ain't no 12 yr old kid and I never said What would happen if "Chapo Guzman killed Barney Bellomo" like a fuckin retard. I said IF a boss was whacked by members of other ethnic groups of OC, would they retaliate? Could be a rogue member or could be an official order, I'm more concerned with the reaction. Like I said this is purely HYPOTHETICAL. I understand there is a 99.9% chance something like this would never happen, but I really want to think IF in todays day an age, who the fuck knows it could a total accident, but IF! this happened, what would be the reaction.

In the 1920's and 30's probably up to the 80's, I could see an all out war, but nowadays really? The camaraderie was there but I dunno if today it's REALLY the same in terms of life or death but maybe in that instance it would be more plausible.

And to all those who automatically picked the cartel, remember, this is New York. Italian OC been running things before "I had hair on my pretzel".

Now instead of bashing how ridiculous this question is, which it is to a certain extent I fully admit, go the other way, what you think would happen. Would all the families come together? Would the other groups have their people killed and cut their losses or Would it really be the end of LCN? Would the hit squads be called off and peace made. Remember I said Barney and Cali, they are the crème de la crème right now, so the two biggest families. So please let's use the part of the brain called the imagination and use it in a realistic fashion.

...Happy Thanksgivin to all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET