Home

The Big Tuna

Posted By: mattsto

The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:32 PM

Anyone read anything in regards to Tony Accardo's body of late? Stopped by Queen of Heaven Mausoleum to have a look and the location where he is interred is empty. Thought it was very odd to say the least....
Posted By: Camarel

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: mattsto
Anyone read anything in regards to Tony Accardo's body of late? Stopped by Queen of Heaven Mausoleum to have a look and the location where he is interred is empty. Thought it was very odd to say the least....

I thought Big Tuna was Jim from The Office lol

Posted By: JCB1977

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:36 PM

Michael Mann is developing a biopic on Tony Accardo, called the Big Tuna:

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-mann-eyes-feature-film-big-tuna-agincourt/

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Michael Mann is developing a biopic on Tony Accardo, called the Big Tuna:

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-mann-eyes-feature-film-big-tuna-agincourt/

Thanks for this. It has potential imo. I really like Mann, i thought Manhunter,Heat,Ali and Collateral were all good movies, he's one of the few people i'd trust with a project like this so here's hoping it turns out well.

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:43 PM

Wasn't sure if mausoleums remove interred tombs for any reason for maintenance or what not... Just thought it was odd considering who it is...
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:47 PM

Wasn't sure if mausoleums remove interred tombs for any reason for maintenance or what not... Just thought it was odd considering who it is...

You're positive?

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:49 PM

That is very odd, there's a place near where i live that only plants new graves every 2 years or so and to do this they usually remove old ones, but the removed one are all from the 19th century and Tony only died in the 90's so who knows.

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:53 PM

Yes absolutely, I asked an old timer while in there and he led me to the exact location but it was empty....

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:54 PM

Accardo is in one of those giant walls of coffins or whatever you call them. The big mass masoleum things, with dozens if not hundreds of other people. I would be extremely surprised if his space was moved after all these years.

It's in the same cemetery as basically every other Chicago gangster who was ever born. People mess with the Capone grave occasionally but aside from taking the lettering off or leaving a cigar below it there is really nothing anyone could do to the Accardo grave to necessitate moving it, IMO.

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:55 PM

Yes absolutely, I asked an old timer while in there and he led me to the exact location but it was empty....

He was likely mistaken.

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 07:57 PM

Capone and Giancana or across the street in Mount Carmel but I know for sure I was in the right location inside the mausoleum. The old timer seemed to be a bit of historian and even he was perplexed as to where Anthony had been moved...

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/29/13 08:01 PM

He's been there since he died more than 20 years ago. The odds of an old man getting the location wrong vs. them moving his body are self-explanatory.

Go during regular visiting hours and there is a computer in the main office where you can look up the location of whoever it is you are looking to find.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/30/13 05:33 AM

LMAO @ the Big Tuna sketch Caramel.

(We're still not friends though as your picture scares the living shit out of me.)

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/30/13 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
LMAO @ the Big Tuna sketch Caramel.

(We're still not friends though as your picture scares the living shit out of me.)

There's nothing scarier than my previous avatar.

panic

Re: The Big Tuna - 10/31/13 01:28 PM

I stopped back and I was in the right location. I found out they had taken down the front namesake portion of the vault for maintenance purposes.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET