Home

If gotti was taken out not Frank

Posted By: Lilange

If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/09/13 09:29 PM

I don't know if this was ever brought up before. The impact on his son and the rest of the gambinos and effects on other families.
Posted By: Chicago

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/09/13 10:37 PM

Gotti had balls, I'll give him that Fact. He also did his time like a man, I'll give him that one also.

However, putting that all aside, He should have been killed. He had no right raising his hand against a Boss without approval. It would have been better for the Gambinos if he had been killed. Gigante was right.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/09/13 11:22 PM

Chicago just gave the definitive summary of gotti. Moron, should have been whacked, but never ratted, never compromised who he was as a man.
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 12:01 AM

But even if Castellano had killed Gotti first he'd have been convicted with all the other heads of the Families in that big RICO case. Dellacroce would have also been convicted had he lived as well.

In that scenario, with a dead Gotti and an imprisoned boss and underboss, whom do you suppose the reins of power would have been handed to in that Family at that time?
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 12:09 AM

Tommy gambino and bilotti would of taken over, but frankie was a street guy to he probably wouldn't of been high profile like gotti but he probably would of been doing life by the 90's to.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Chicago just gave the definitive summary of gotti. Moron, should have been whacked, but never ratted, never compromised who he was as a man.

To be fair gotti was the boss so he really did anybody to rat since he was the main target. Yes he was tough BUT he was alos scared of certain guys like demeo and casso. I do agree about him being a moron. the dude has the IQ of a marble lol

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 12:24 AM

I wonder if Gotti could of counted to potato.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Gotti had balls, I'll give him that Fact. He also did his time like a man, I'll give him that one also.

However, putting that all aside, He should have been killed. He had no right raising his hand against a Boss without approval. It would have been better for the Gambinos if he had been killed. Gigante was right.

Gotti wasn't the first guy to kill a boss and get away with it. Anastasia killed the Manganos. Genovese and Gambino plotted to kill Anastasia. Some bosses deserve to be killed but weren't, like Amuso/Casso. Castellano was busting the Bergin crew's balls over drug dealing while the Cherry Hill Gambinos and Patsy Conte were moving tons of babania without a peep from Castellano. If the boss is a greedy hypocrite who is planning on killing you, your brother, and your friends, then kill him first.

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 01:08 AM

Slightly OT, but if Castellano gave the order to kill Gotti whom do you suppose would have been given the contract?
Posted By: bronx

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 01:12 AM

gotti..the guys who did the work would have went to john
Posted By: bronx

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 01:13 AM

very true..

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 01:13 AM

One of Gotti's guys, Quack Quack, was on tape. That's the difference. If you deal and get caught, then you have to face the possible Consequences. I think Gotti did the only thing he could do being in his no win situation. I still think he deserved to be killed because he raised his hand against a Boss without approval. Deserved to be killed and actually BEING killed are two different things.

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 02:02 AM

I was wondering if Dellacroce, a man who firmly believed the Boss is the Boss is the Boss, would have arranged the Gotti hit had he been ordered by Castellano to do so.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 02:34 AM

One of Gotti's guys, Quack Quack, was on tape. That's the difference. If you deal and get caught, then you have to face the possible Consequences. I think Gotti did the only thing he could do being in his no win situation. I still think he deserved to be killed because he raised his hand against a Boss without approval. Deserved to be killed and actually BEING killed are two different things.
i think neil was doing everything in his power to play referee between castellano and the bergin hunt crew, but if it came down to it and castellano ordered gotti and ruggiero whacked imho i think dellacroce wouldve gone along with it.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 03:05 AM

What ever happened to Richard Gotti Sr and Jr, and the younger brother Vincent
Posted By: mulberry

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 04:35 AM

The rule was no dealing in drugs and it was violated by all the families. If the rule was not to get caught, then they should have made that the rule.

Carlo Gambino didn't have permission from the commission to kill Albert Anastasia. Genovese front boss Tommy Eboli was supposedly killed over a drug deal that was busted. The deal was funded by Carlo Gambino.

All these mafia rules are a bunch of bullshit. They are only enforced when it's convenient. How many guys were sleeping with others guys' wives? Castellano was banging his housekeeper. In the end, this is real gangster life, not the Godfather. The only thing that keeps a boss from getting killed is fear of retribution from his own family.
Posted By: Ted

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
Tommy gambino and bilotti would of taken over, but frankie was a street guy to he probably wouldn't of been high profile like gotti but he probably would of been doing life by the 90's to.

No way Bilotti or Tommy Gambino take over the family. Bilotti was a nobody and Tommy rose so high only because of his family. Frankie had a ton of respect and would have taken over if Gotti was killed.

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 05:42 AM

Castellano banging his housekeeper has nothing to do with anything. LOL.
Aside from that irrelevant point, I agree with you. Nobody ever said there was no hypocrisy in the Mafia.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 05:51 AM

+1.

Billoti was a joke. Pauls pitbull, and without him, nothing.

Tommy was a businessman who's family were gangsters. He was never one.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 12:25 PM

,,,Gotti out,,, Frankie in would maybe have put them up with the {westside}all the show boating and bullshit that Gotti did set the fam back 100mil.and twenty good years....dont like even saying Gotti......
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 02:04 PM

If Frank had survived and Gotti had died, I reckon Frankie would have gone along with his original plan and became Boss anyway, made Gravano Underboss and then made peace with Chin and the rest

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 02:15 PM

He was gonna make Bilotti and Gambino acting boss and underboss if he got convicted. But the question is if Gotti died from a car bomb and not Deccico I'm saying just by the times Deccico would of been doing life soon anyways.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
i think neil was doing everything in his power to play referee between castellano and the bergin hunt crew, but if it came down to it and castellano ordered gotti and ruggiero whacked imho i think dellacroce wouldve gone along with it.

I agree. Neil was trying to stall but if paul ordered it neil would have done it. Gotti is lucky Neil died otehrwise eventually his mentor probably would have had to kill him. the same thing happened to roy demeo who was killed by his mentor nino gaggi

Re: If gotti was taken out not Frank - 08/10/13 06:21 PM

By '86 Casso had Senter and Testa working right underneath him. I don't know why he didn't just have them do it. Gotti wasn't strutting around town in the first few months of his reign, that didn't really begin until '88ish, they probably would of been able to get to him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET