Home

Gambino boss

Posted By: Jrtyler

Gambino boss - 07/18/13 04:39 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/18/fuh...r-for-top-spot/
Posted By: carmela

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 04:48 PM

I always said Cali is happy where he is and didn't want the heat. But, I also always said what Cefalu wants, he'll get. That being said, is it possible that not one of these bubblegum sites gets Cefalu's age correct?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 04:51 PM

what a load of horse shit. Who the fuck wrote that article??? Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!". Fucking bullshit. Even assuming he turned it down, (or was even offered it) theyre still fucking liars bc they claim to have a source who was at that meeting.

FOX NEWS===BUNCH OF CLOSET COCKSUCKERS....

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 04:54 PM

Carm it also appears that nobody else seems to know the exact name of the bakery he works at either.... Yet all these sites claim to have some new inside scoop... stealing from capeci smh. And capecis interns probly steal info from here.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Carm it also appears that nobody else seems to know the exact name of the bakery he works at either.... Yet all these sites claim to have some new inside scoop... stealing from capeci smh. And capecis interns probly steal info from here.

Agreed! And this article is written by the same Murray Weiss, who originally put out that Cali was up for boss. Now he's in fucking shit over it and had to somehow retract his first bullshit article.
Now I know why the same mistakes are made, it's the same douchebag writing it.

And yeah yeah, i know...Murray Weiss is a reputable journalist, blah blah blah... rolleyes

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:02 PM

You been to that house on the hill rd carm? Its fucking huge, i was kinda surprised how flashy it was at first. I saw a blacked out s550 in the drive way tell me thats not his...

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:06 PM

You been to that house on the hill rd carm? Its fucking huge, i was kinda surprised how flashy it was at first. I saw a blacked out s550 in the drive way tell me thats not his...

No, never been to his house. I do know he has a black mercedes sl550, though. Did I mention that on here? I dont think so. I know I told it to somebody, was it you? Anyhow, yeah that's his.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:12 PM

I made a special trip to slow down bc i wanted to see his house when i was on my way from jersey to bk, i cut thru the hill and went by his house and saw it parked there. You mustve mentioned it to someone else, i didnt know if it was his or not, pretty bad, that car screams gangster. I know a lot of guys get black benzes and caddys to look the part, but still, if u actually fit the profile, id steer clear of flashy shit, drive a buick like you were from the bronx.... Idk how these papers keep saying hes low key... its ridiculous. Hes no john gotti but hes far FAR from chin.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:23 PM

I made a special trip to slow down bc i wanted to see his house when i was on my way from jersey to bk, i cut thru the hill and went by his house and saw it parked there. You mustve mentioned it to someone else, i didnt know if it was his or not, pretty bad, that car screams gangster. I know a lot of guys get black benzes and caddys to look the part, but still, if u actually fit the profile, id steer clear of flashy shit, drive a buick like you were from the bronx.... Idk how these papers keep saying hes low key... its ridiculous. Hes no john gotti but hes far FAR from chin.

lol I remember now who I said it to on here now. I was just talking about Cali's car about a month ago because my husband had just gotten a red sl550 and it came up in conversation. Except ours doesn't have the blacked windows and my husband added the whole bottom kit and low profile rims, etc. The car is sick and I'm allowed to drive it! lol What was I talking about? I got stuck talking about myself again. grin

Anyway, it's Cali's.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Agreed! And this article is written by the same Murray Weiss, who originally put out that Cali was up for boss. Now he's in fucking shit over it and had to somehow retract his first bullshit article.

And yeah yeah, i know...Murray Weiss is a reputable journalist, blah blah blah... rolleyes

I think you may be exactly right about that. He was the only one to have reported on Cali getting the top slot. Nobody else backed that story up and now this may be his way of retracting the original story.

Congrats on the SL550, thats a real sweet ride.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:46 PM

And if you read the original full article it says the Gambino's are:

"considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family" to be the next boss.

Seems pretty unlikely to me that they would go outside of NY for someone to take over the family. It just sounds like bullshit to me.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:48 PM

Here is the original full article by Murray Weiss on the DNAInfo site.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130718/little-italy/mob-pick-for-gambino-godfather-turns-down-job

Mob Pick for Gambino Godfather Turns Down the Job

By Murray Weiss
July 18, 2013

NEW YORK CITY — They made him an offer — but he refused.

Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali, the heir apparent to the Gambino Crime Family throne, turned down the honor to become “Godfather” of the nation’s largest Mafia organization, sources told “On The Inside.”

At a stunning, secret mob summit on June 29, the powerful, 49-year-old Brooklyn-based capo shocked his Gambino bosses and fellow captains by telling them that he would eschew position.

Four days before the meeting, “On The Inside" reported that Cali was the choice among his comrades, who respected Cali’s strong low-key, old-world approach to doing business successfully without attracting fanfare or agita.

But Cali told his brothers that while he was moved by their support, he would not accept the promotion to run the family’s billion-dollar concerns.

“I don’t need the money, the headaches. I am OK with things and I am below the radar and not an attention-seeker,” Cali told his Gambino brethren, according to sources.

And, one source said, the Gambinos understood — or at least that’s the party line.

After all, along with receiving vastly lucrative cash tribute from every corner of the sprawling crime family, there are headaches that would make Tony Soprano’s head spin, including having to accept an outsized bulls-eye on one’s back from law enforcement, if not from gangsters upset with his decision to pass up the job.

One thing is certain: Cali would not be kidding about his wealth. Sources say he practically runs the city’s food industry and is worth an estimated $30 million from those businesses, real estate holdings and cafés he owns.

But some law enforcement sources are not so quick to believe the talk that Cali turned down the job. They say it may be a Mafia “disinformation” campaign designed to throw off law enforcement.

“Why would he turn down a job where all the other captains want him?” a skeptical veteran mob hunter asked. “If they thought he would not take it, they would not have picked him.”

Cali — a native New Yorker who traces his roots firmly to Sicily — was set to take over the Gambinos because the current boss, Domenico "Greaseball" Cefalu, 76, who is also a native Sicilian, indicated he wanted to step aside to allow his younger protégé to take the reins of the family's lucrative gambling, loansharking and construction rackets.

Cefalu, who has a long history of heroin smuggling and has done several stints in prison, took over a family once ruled by John “The Dapper Don” Gotti and the group's infamous namesake, Carlo Gambino. Cefalu reduced the public profile and broke with the flashy, headline-grabbing era marked by Gotti, whose visage once graced the cover of Time magazine.

Gotti died of throat cancer in prison in 2002.

Sources say Cefalu wanted Cali to take his place, and so did the other captains who were looking to Cali to breathe some money-making life back into their ranks.

Cali’s parents immigrated to Brooklyn from Palermo, Italy, and he got his start in the mob by running a fruit store on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn called Arcobaleno, which means "rainbow" in Italian. The feds say it doubled as a front for criminal activities.

Cali made his bones under the Gottis while operating in Manhattan, Brooklyn and New Jersey. According to the FBI, he officially became the Gambino "ambassador to the Sicilian Mafia" and a rising star when Gotti and Salvatore "Sammy Bull" Gravano roamed the city, ruling rackets and murdering dozens of people.

He eventually married into mob royalty when he wed the daughter of one of the Inzerillos, who are known as one of the Mafia powerhouses in Italy. He is also a nephew of John and Joseph Gambino, who are influential hoods connected to the famous “Pizza Connection” drug trafficking case of the 1980s.

If the Gambinos are forced back to the Godfather drawing board, sources say they may go out of town for a successor, and are considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family.

It remains to be seen on surveillance video, or heard on wiretaps, precisely what the truth is.

Over the past several decades, and thanks to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act, the feds have severely reduced the influence of the Gambinos and the other four crime families, breaking their grip on the billion-dollar labor union and construction industries.

Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 05:52 PM

"considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family"

Who the hell could that possibly be? Isn't the currently-in-the-can Anthony Megale the boss of that faction? He seems pretty low-rent (and associated with morons like Greg DePalma) along with constantly being in the can. If he was so powerful, you think someone would have been made in CT in the last 25 years.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 06:10 PM

the whole thing is bullshit

DISINFO

how the fuck would Murray fuckin Weiss know

top hood in Connecticut running the Gambino's?

Im from CT and thats laughable

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 06:11 PM

Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!".

lol
Posted By: Ted

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 06:13 PM

He's makes enough legit money that I don't think it matters what kind of car her drives.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/18/13 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

I think you may be exactly right about that. He was the only one to have reported on Cali getting the top slot. Nobody else backed that story up and now this may be his way of retracting the original story.

Congrats on the SL550, thats a real sweet ride.

It's really a gorgeous car. Especially the tires and rims. And totally practical! As long as I dont hit any speed bumps, speed humps, pot holes, manholes, ANY holes, big rocks or go over train tracks, it's awesome. grin
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 08:13 AM

what a load of horse shit. Who the fuck wrote that article??? Like what is some captain calling up fox news and saying "Hey guess what Frank turned down the top job!". Fucking bullshit. Even assuming he turned it down, (or was even offered it) theyre still fucking liars bc they claim to have a source who was at that meeting.

FOX NEWS===BUNCH OF CLOSET COCKSUCKERS....

+1000

Weiss lost me at.... 'The nations largest borgata', after that, it really turned to shit.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 12:56 PM

the bogus quotes from "sources" is all bullshit...how the fuck does some Jew know what frank cali said

and im not racist, i married a Jew....just sayin
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 02:48 PM

So who do u guys think should be the next boss? I think tommy sneakers would make a good one
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
So who do u guys think should be the next boss? I think tommy sneakers would make a good one

Next boss? Cefalu is the boss, end of.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 03:52 PM

Vincent "Vinny Butch" Corrao should be next boss.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 03:57 PM

respectfully disagree
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 04:55 PM

Honestly if these sites or Fox News did in fact get this info from some source they claim they have, I would be willing to bet its nothing more than disinformation. The Gambinos have become much more secretive and smarter now that the Gotti era is well over and Cefalu has returned the family to the Sicilian way of running a family. I for one actually believe that Cali has become the Boss, and they're just saying he turned it down to throw the Feds off. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Cefalu will remain quietly behind the scenes still pulling a majority of the strings. He's a very mysterious man and always has been. Other than his heroin offenses and drug trafficking wrap I see him as a very smart and calculated person. I would say that anything that comes out as news from these media outlets supposed "source" is in fact The Gambinos throwing out disinformation.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 05:03 PM

Respectfully, not a chance.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: F_white
Vincent "Vinny Butch" Corrao should be next boss.

What makes u think this? Hes the toughest guy on mulberry street!
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 05:34 PM

Nobody wants the job. Look at what happened to every Gambino boss and potential boss for the past 20 years.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 05:41 PM

the feds probably heard him turn the job down from three different wired capo's

good sound quality and everything

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 09:36 PM

@gambino: its clear the old man dose'nt want it so the next logical step is give it to some one who does

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 09:49 PM

@gambino: its clear the old man dose'nt want it so the next logical step is give it to some one who does

It's clear? Clear to who?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 09:59 PM

It's clear? Clear to who?

Murray weiss obviously! smile

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 10:41 PM

If the report is true then its clear to everyone who reads it, he made him underboss with the thought of him taking his place one day, if cali don't want to be boss then he should'nt be underboss, he should be knocked back down to captin, if the reports are correct

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 10:51 PM

I guess i run a tight ship
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 11:19 PM

confused

Re: Gambino boss - 07/19/13 11:50 PM

The report is bullshit which makes your theory null and void. Next. How's that for tight?

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 12:05 AM

Hahahahaha I think I llike u carmela, I'm from the old school when the family want u to be the boss you don't say no, on the other hand, if the report is false then this whole thread don't matter
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 12:31 AM

Hahahahaha I think I llike u carmela, I'm from the old school when the family want u to be the boss you don't say no, on the other hand, if the report is false then this whole thread don't matter

You sound like an idiot fan boy you know that?

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 01:01 AM

And I'm sure u have better things to do than to respond to a statement that was' t directed at u (bro, your name is 123joeschmo get real)

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 02:07 AM

I agree with this about the boss. I've said plenty of times, Cali doesn't want the heat, he's doing well where he is, BUT if Cefalu wants him as boss, then that's it.
I said it. I swear I did. Really.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 02:51 AM

And I'm sure u have better things to do than to respond to a statement that was' t directed at u (bro, your name is 123joeschmo get real)

Dude it's not like I gave a lot of thought into the name. You're reading too much into it
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Dude it's not like I gave a lot of thought into the name. You're reading too much into it

Liar! Your name took weeks to devise and many witnesses sadly perished tongue
Posted By: azguy

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 04:01 PM

This is all too weird, he was just promoted to UB in the last few months, right..? Now boss...?

Just doesn't make sense and more surprising is that we are hearing about it in virtual "real time"..

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Murray Weiss
Cali’s parents immigrated to Brooklyn from Palermo, Italy, and he got his start in the mob by running a fruit store on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn called Arcobaleno, which means "rainbow" in Italian. The feds say it doubled as a front for criminal activities.

Arcobaleno Italiano was not a fruit store, it was an electronics store and also a video and music store. Cali's father owned it and Domenico Adamita was a partner of his in the business...at least i know he was at the beginning. Adamita and his brothers were huge heroin guys. Where Weiss came up with it being a fruit store is beyond me.

And the part where Cali supposedly said he "was under the radar". GTFOH, under the radar. He's had a bullseye on his back for years now. He is hardly under the radar and i doubt he ever said that. I would say Cali, Cefalu and John Gambino are all at the top of the feds list of Gambino guys to put away.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 07:11 PM

ya look whats next to it... YEA REAL LOW KEY.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
"considering a top hood in the Connecticut faction of the family"

Who the hell could that possibly be? Isn't the currently-in-the-can Anthony Megale the boss of that faction? He seems pretty low-rent (and associated with morons like Greg DePalma) along with constantly being in the can. If he was so powerful, you think someone would have been made in CT in the last 25 years.

Tony comes home in December of next year. But I agree that the "top hood in Connecticut" remark is ridiculous. They haven't made a Fairfield Gambino since Tony because the place is a giant clusterfuck for them (and no, Dean is NOT made, no matter what some Internet chart says).

That being said, Tony is the only guy who seems to be able to run that area even halfway efficiently. Every time he goes away, the guy who gets put in the top spot fucks it up. That's why it's always been an associate. They just don't want to make any of those guys because they're shellshocked from what always happens up there. The first time Tony went away they put Davy Crockett in charge and he ended up a federal witness against Junior. Tony came home for a few years, and when he went back inside Dean started to run things. Now he's a standup kid and a good earner, but he's also forever getting arrested.

Tony will come home next year and stay close to home. He's a relatively low key guy (in that he's not very flashy and he doesn't really hang out in mob spots). He's a Connecticut guy through and through. Give him the gambling and the run af that area and he'll be content.

@ LittleNicky: You really can't lay Greg Depalma on Tony because I know for a fact that he got stuck with him. Shit like that happens. A guy like Tony will often "inherit" a guy like that.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:41 PM

ya look whats next to it... YEA REAL LOW KEY.

grin Sons of Ragusa.

On Giancarlo's post...maybe Weiss meant Circus Fruits? Who the hell knows, he's a mess, I hope he gets shanked.
Posted By: DB

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:48 PM

How can the reporter mix up an electronic store with a fruit store ? Lol

Quite possibly one of the most error filled stories in some time . How long did it take Giancarlo to verify that , 20 minutes, lol ( btw thanks for the info )

I don't think their should be a boss of any family anymore .

Doing things like the Genovese with a rotating panel is definately the way to go and my guess would be the Gambinos with Cefalu , John Gambino and other top guys have something similiar these days. An actual boss today doesn't make much sense , it's likely best to keep things mysterious and the Feds always guessing.

It seems like the NYC families are doing a decent job of keeping us and possibly law enforcement guessing on what is going on.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Liar! Your name took weeks to devise and many witnesses sadly perished tongue

Shhh.... wink

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
How can the reporter mix up an electronic store with a fruit store ? Lol

Quite possibly one of the most error filled stories in some time . How long did it take Giancarlo to verify that , 20 minutes, lol ( btw thanks for the info )

The most error filled story since the first one Weiss put out. We already pulled it all apart the first time around, and knew it wasn't a fruit store. He mixed up Cali's father's business with Cali's. Simple.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 09:05 PM

I was thinking that too......maybe Weiss confusing Cali's fathers store with Circus fruits.

Who knows, maybe when Cali was a young kid he had a fruit stand in front of his fathers store. You never know. lol

I think that Arcobaleno's is now closed, not positive on that though.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/20/13 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
I was thinking that too......maybe Weiss confusing Cali's fathers store with Circus fruits.

Who knows, maybe when Cali was a young kid he had a fruit stand in front of his fathers store. You never know. lol

I think that Arcobaleno's is now closed, not positive on that though.

Yeah, they're closed.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/22/13 03:53 AM

Yeah, they're closed.

Thanks Carmela.

Ok, now i'm convinced Murray Weiss has lost his mind. In this article that Weiss wrote in june he says Tony Pro strangled Jimmy Hoffa in the car as they drove away from the restaurant. He says that Tony Giacalone, Tony Pro and Chuckie Obrien picked up Hoffa, then Tony Pro strangled him. Then Weiss claims that they put Hoffa through a wood chipper. And he says he got all this from his law enforcement source who is " close to the investigation".

You have to read this article, just unbelievable what he's writing these days. Just pure bullshit.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130620...per-source-says
Posted By: artichoke

Re: Gambino boss - 07/23/13 03:04 PM

Davey CROCKETT AS IN DAVE IACOVELLI WAS A GOVT WITNESS AGAINST Gotti? I cant believe it I thought he was old school
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gambino boss - 07/23/13 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: artichoke
Davey CROCKETT AS IN DAVE IACOVELLI WAS A GOVT WITNESS AGAINST Gotti? I cant believe it I thought he was old school

Different "Davy Crockett." I was referencing the "Davy Crockett" up in Connecticut. His real name is Joe Fusaro and he flipped back in '98 during the Scores shakedown case. Ironically, Junior called him as a witness during his last trial to help him prove that he quit the life.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Gambino boss - 07/23/13 09:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks Carmela.

Ok, now i'm convinced Murray Weiss has lost his mind. In this article that Weiss wrote in june he says Tony Pro strangled Jimmy Hoffa in the car as they drove away from the restaurant. He says that Tony Giacalone, Tony Pro and Chuckie Obrien picked up Hoffa, then Tony Pro strangled him. Then Weiss claims that they put Hoffa through a wood chipper. And he says he got all this from his law enforcement source who is " close to the investigation".

That's sounds suspiciously akin to another Tony Pro legend, that when Kayo Konigsberg killed teamster Anthony Castellito in 1961 that they put his body in a wood-chipper (the body was never recovered but Koningsberg went away for it anyway). It sounds like he's just jumbling up mob legends and seeing which one sticks.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/23/13 09:15 PM

the boy bionics should set that fucking building on fire.

Re: Gambino boss - 07/24/13 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Quote:

That's sounds suspiciously akin to another Tony Pro legend, that when Kayo Konigsberg killed teamster Anthony Castellito in 1961 that they put his body in a wood-chipper (the body was never recovered but Koningsberg went away for it anyway). It sounds like he's just jumbling up mob legends and seeing which one sticks.

I would think putting a freshly killed body through a wood chipper would be messy as all hell. You'd have blood all over the place. Much easier to just toss him into an oven, assuming you have one available. The Detroit guys had access to a couple of them i believe and i would bet thats where Hoffa ended up....in one of those ovens.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET