Home

Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies

Posted By: jonnynonos

Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/05/13 11:53 PM

Apparently he committed suicide. I remember he thought Lumbo would have had a chance if he'd had a separate trial, but the judge wouldn't allow it. Everyone thought Calabrese Sr.'s excruciating testimony sunk any prayer the other defendants might have had.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/20543460-418/rick-halprin-mob-attorney-dies-at-73.html
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 04:29 AM

Devoted hockey fan ???

Kills self with the blackhawks two games away from the stanley cup finals ???
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 05:07 PM

I followed this trial all the way to the Seventh Court Of Appeals. It appeared to me that Mr. Halprin did an outstanding job while facing a "mountain of compelling evidence."

Given Mr. Halprin's legal skills, Lombardo may have had a chance in a separate trial.

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: GaryMartin
I followed this trial all the way to the Seventh Court Of Appeals. It appeared to me that Mr. Halprin did an outstanding job while facing a "mountain of compelling evidence."

Given Mr. Halprin's legal skills, Lombardo may have had a chance in a separate trial.

Possibly. They didn't have much physical evidence against him. If I remember correctly, though, they had the fingerprint on the car registration used to kill Danny Seifert, and also a few witnesses who testified to hearing him bragging about it on the golf course, etc.

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 08:15 PM

Yeah, "a mountain of evidence" was a stretch on my part. He was tried on the evidence you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of his past crimes made it into the courtroom or jury. Who knows?

If one other judge had sided with Judge Diane Wood, Calabrese and Marcello would have walked.

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 08:54 PM

Yeah, "a mountain of evidence" was a stretch on my part. He was tried on the evidence you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of his past crimes made it into the courtroom or jury. Who knows?

If one other judge had sided with Judge Diane Wood, Calabrese and Marcello would have walked.

I read their overriding of her dissent or whatever you call it. Crazy!

You gotta think the rest of the guys would have been pissed beyond belief at Calabrese for spilling everything to his kid.

I wonder if Marcello would have bowed out.

Is Nick out yet? If not already, soon.

Bet he moved faaaaar away.

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 09:14 PM

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's out. Can't be positive, but fairly sure.

What has become of Michael Marcello? I believe he was released last sept. I saw where James is now in Atwater. I don't believe Judge Zagel will be able to order him back this time. These guys just never seem to learn.

I do have compassion for family members and relatives because in many cases their lives have also been ruined.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/06/13 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos

You gotta think the rest of the guys would have been pissed beyond belief at Calabrese for spilling everything to his kid.

calabrese thought he was grooming his son to be in the syndicate

a stone cold gangster ain't gonna think his offspring is a rat

i'm sure the northside and even cicero didn't mind calabrese getting locked up because Chicago has never wanted the southside crew to be in the lead. hell the southside might have the strongest crew if they weren't murdering each other into the early 90s
Posted By: PP

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/07/13 12:47 AM

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's out. Can't be positive, but fairly sure.

What has become of Michael Marcello? I believe he was released last sept. I saw where James is now in Atwater. I don't believe Judge Zagel will be able to order him back this time. These guys just never seem to learn.

I do have compassion for family members and relatives because in many cases their lives have also been ruined.

Did Michael take over all his brother's business?

Re: Joey "The Clown" Lombardo's lawyer dies - 06/07/13 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos

calabrese thought he was grooming his son to be in the syndicate

a stone cold gangster ain't gonna think his offspring is a rat

i'm sure the northside and even cicero didn't mind calabrese getting locked up because Chicago has never wanted the southside crew to be in the lead. hell the southside might have the strongest crew if they weren't murdering each other into the early 90s

Previously Sr had actually promised Jr he was gonna drop out of the life. That was earlier though. Still I don't think Sr had any illusions that Jr was gonna become a full fledged guy himself. I think they were just bonding.

Even Srs kids thought he was a henlinous monster.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET