Home

Giovanni Ligammari

Posted By: Mick2010

Giovanni Ligammari - 04/13/13 11:09 PM

In May 1999, Ligammari and his son were found hanging next to each other in Ligammaris basement. Officially declared a double suicide, it obviously seemed quite suspicious. Father and son killing themeselves together? seems quite strange. I was just wondering if there were any other theories out there on this one. Any reason why someone may have wanted him dead. Or was it really just a very strange double suicide?
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/13/13 11:24 PM

where was this and hu were they with
Posted By: baldo

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/14/13 01:37 PM

That whole thing always fascinated me. Even the experts said it was so unlikely to have a father/son suicide. This guy was involved with the pizza connection (and I think the 3 capos murder) and he dies of suicide years later. As you said, Mick, who would want him dead after all these years? Massino? Montreal?
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/15/13 01:17 AM

Same thing happened down in Florida with trafficante family
Posted By: pmac

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/15/13 04:56 AM

I remember reading a theory about the father in son. the father was a made member around the guys in the pizza connection and did like 10+yrs or so and his kid was proposed a couple times in the 90tys in the bonanno family. but the kid kept getting nixed. maybe massino knowing about his father from the 3 capo days wasn't having it. then the father walk down the basement see's his son hanging and does it too cause of depression, honor,. its probably bullshiit but in 1999 you cant murder 2 guys no struggle and hang them. that was a strange case. I thought it happened in n.j. thou. out of all the players in the pizza connection he had the smallest part. but when your sitting next to international dons theres probably some spill over. baldo amato was in the case and got a slap on the wrist, he beat all the charges but one. the book the last of the Sicilian is great book.

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/15/13 12:43 PM

There's that picture of him at the motel after the three capos murder with Massino, Vito and Sciascia. Maybe one of them wanted to make sure he was quiet after all those years....didn't help out much as Massino himself gave up all the info when he ratted. I always wonder how many of the pizza connection players are out of jail now and if they are still active or how many fringe players got away with it.
Posted By: ScottD

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/16/13 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Mick2010
In May 1999, Ligammari and his son were found hanging next to each other in Ligammaris basement. Officially declared a double suicide, it obviously seemed quite suspicious. Father and son killing themeselves together? seems quite strange. I was just wondering if there were any other theories out there on this one. Any reason why someone may have wanted him dead. Or was it really just a very strange double suicide?

Six degrees...

Trafficante Jr is listed on a PIzza Connection chart with a link to the LIgamarris (accoridng to FBI). Vincent LoScalzo attends the wedding of Pietro (the son) and is observed by Florida LEOs meeting with various Sicilian mobsters.

Raffa is Miami Trafficante boss, tight with LoScalzo and knows the Ligamarris. Raffa inducted John Mamone in to the Trafficantes in the mid 1990s.

Mamone, a former Genovese associate, was indicted in 1994 with a former Bayonne cop George Weingartner and Geroge's son-in-law Vincent Cifarelli.

Weingartner killed himself (via CO poisoning) in July 1998.
Cifarelli hung himself in March 1999.
The Ligamarris hung themselves in May 1999.
Raffa hung himself in October 2000.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/16/13 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ScottD
Originally Posted By: Mick2010

Six degrees...

Trafficante Jr is listed on a PIzza Connection chart with a link to the LIgamarris (accoridng to FBI). Vincent LoScalzo attends the wedding of Pietro (the son) and is observed by Florida LEOs meeting with various Sicilian mobsters.

Raffa is Miami Trafficante boss, tight with LoScalzo and knows the Ligamarris. Raffa inducted John Mamone in to the Trafficantes in the mid 1990s.

Mamone, a former Genovese associate, was indicted in 1994 with a former Bayonne cop George Weingartner and Geroge's son-in-law Vincent Cifarelli.

Weingartner killed himself (via CO poisoning) in July 1998.
Cifarelli hung himself in March 1999.
The Ligamarris hung themselves in May 1999.
Raffa hung himself in October 2000.

spooky...
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/16/13 02:54 PM

To the law enforcement, everything that can be ruled out as suicide isn't worthy of being investigated. I mean, even if somebody is found stabbed in the back, it means he has fallen on a knife planted on the ground (well, I may be exaggerating, but just a little). I remember about the Italian mafia banker Michele Sindona who managed to say "they poisoned me" before dying, but this was ruled out as suicide nevertheless.

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 04/16/13 05:05 PM

Wow, that's gotta be more than a coincidence....but if not suicides, who would want all of them dead after all these years?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 09/08/13 12:40 PM

This is intriguing ,if it was connected to the Bonannos ,Massino would have had to tell it ,It's got to be the great white north..
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Giovanni Ligammari - 09/08/13 01:32 PM

Maybe loscalzo n his sicilian people.get a few off a plane tell em what u want
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET